Star Wars gold heart pin for Variety Children's Charity at movie theaters

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by pretender, Jan 22, 2012.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. pretender Jedi Master

star 2
    [image=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1379/0122020735.jpg]

[image=http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/729/0122020737.jpg]

I went to the movies, Saturday and they were selling Star Wars heart pins for charity.
    The Variety Children's Charity has paired up with different movies over the years (I have one with webbing on it for Spider-Man 2)
    This year they teamed up with Star Wars in honor of the 3D release of the Phantom Menace.

For more info on participating theaters:
    http://www.usvariety.org/goldhearts.html

I think they're just in the US and about $3 (I bought it along with the tickets, so I don't remember what it was)

Edit: I looked on eBay and there are people selling them for like 10 bucks, before you eBay check and see if your theater is selling them. I promise it's cheaper at the theater.
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    That's not a bad-looking pin. If my local cinema (UK) has it I'd probably buy one.

3. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Sounds like it supports a great cause. Thankfully they're at both Rave & Regal cinemas, so I should have no trouble picking one up when my buddies and I see "TPM" in a few weeks.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Saw TPM 3D today and picked up a couple of these beforehand. For UK folks, I found these in the local H. Samuels jewellers as the Vue cinema wasn't selling them. I think the Odeon cinemas showing the film are selling these as well. It's a pretty nice pin for £1.00.
  5. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I run a Cinemark movie theater and we are selling these. I have about 200 left as of this morning so I bet a lot of the theaters will be sold out today.
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I'm not surprised as they are nice pins. Can you order more?

I was lucky with mine - the H. Samuel employee I talked to was a SW fan so I didn't come across as an idiot asking for the 'pin with 3PO and R2'! In fact he said he'd probably be seeing the film at some point over the weekend.
  7. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm on my 2nd order of these so I am not sure if they are sending out more. We were told that we would have them to sell thru the end of the month so I bet you could ask your local theater. We've sold over 1000 so far and they have been going super fast.
  8. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I've got what I want. And my local theater wasn't selling them. I got mine at a jewelry store after seeing in SFX Magazine that the store chain would be selling them.
  9. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    I caught the late matinee today and the pins had already sold out at our theater. I was a bit disappointed but also happy because that means it's been a success.

But I didn't come away empty handed, as I'm now the proud owner of a pair of red and black Darth Maul themed 3D glass, lol.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT