main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars guests to appear at Youngstown show in December

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by maddjedi21, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddjedi21

maddjedi21 Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    Just thought you might like to know that there are 4 guests that are tentatively scheduled to appear at the Dark X-Mas show in December in Youngstown, Ohio. All of the actors have basically confirmed (unless shooting changes it). http://www.darkxmas.com As far as I know Anthony Daniels and Peter Mayhew have not done a show in Ohio in a really long time.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Thanks for the heads-up on this maddjedi21! You from the Youngstown area? Or just one of the people organizing the convention?

Some of us got the chance to meet Peter Mayhew at Celebration II...and despite Anthony's policy about autographs (something he mentioned at one of the CII events), is he willing to meet/take pictures with fans?

3. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    I am helping the guy that is running it and I am from Youngstown, What is Anthony's policy on autographs? And meet and greet? Like I said he is tentative BUT I would love to hear your opinions. If he is difficult with fans what about David Prowse or Kenny Baker?

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Anthony Daniels doesn't like to sign autographs. Unless, of course, he's being paid to do so. A couple years ago, at Dragon*Con, in Atlanta, it was $25.

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    I got a "special" deal when I got Anthony's and Kenny's for $35 for the pair. :D But that was in Denver like 8 years ago.

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    What is Anthony's policy on autographs?
    At Celebration II, he'd said that after coming across so many fake autographs (of his name)...he decided not to sign anything. Granted, Don's example of "supply and demand" may play an active role in how strictly he enforces that persoanl policy...but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

This apparently is a real sore spot for him, as his website goes into major detail about.

When I met him on Sunday of CII, he took a picture with me...but wouldn't sign my badge. While he's protecting his name (literally) from some dishonest people...it never would occur to me to even think about selling anything autographed by a SW celebrity.

7. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Hm, I will definitly have to check this out :D

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I wouldn't mind going either. Seeing Anthony Daniels again would be cool! Plus maybe I will not go for a drink when Peter comes along!

9. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Dave Prowse is good with autographs. I got a picture with him and his autograph at C2.

10. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I think this looks interesting too. But I would want the guests to be confirmed not tentative before I made a final decision and bought tickets.

It would be a good day trip from Cleveland. Although at $50/night for hotel, split a couple ways it's still reasonable.

11. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    More than likely and due to possible problems with autographing I think Anthonyt Daniels will not be a guest. It is not worth the risk of bringing him in and have a problem with autographs not being offered or offered for $25.00 each. That is a high price for North East /Western Pa area. Peter Mayhew will be confirmed as of this coming Monday at the latest. Mike Quinn is confirmed as well as the other Star Wars guest.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    You might want to get Cleveland favorite...Amy Allen!

She's great about autographs, talking with fans...and Honorary Jedi Master in our chapter!

13. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    I have already contacted Amy about the show, she has to get back to me. I know she is a great person. I sat next to her (on her right) at the Cleveland Collossal Con and was there when you presented her with the award. Trust me she was flattered. When you left she told me how wonderful she thought that was and expressed her appreciation about it. Any other ideas which Star Wars guests (within reason of course no George or Natalie or Hayden) you would be willing to see. Maybe a top 10. I think we have room for one more. That would include Amy if she said yes.

14. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Jeremy Bullock

15. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Keira Knightley [face_love]

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    VIRGINIA HEY...cool, if you're looking for suggestions for other sci-fi genres...Claudia Black and/or Ben Browder would be frelling great!!! Gigi Edgley would be another Farscape favorite.

Matt Sloan/Plo Koon
    Zachariah Jensen/Kit Fisto
    ???/Luminara Unduli
    ???/Barriss Offee
    (can you tell I want to meet jedi?)

Julian Glover/General Veers, Donovan (Indiana Jones Last Crusade), Giant spider (Harry Potter II)

17. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Luminara Unduli was played by Mary Oyaya and Barriss Offee was played by Nalini Krishan (both of whom I met and got autographs from at C2). :D :D

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    David Prowse or Kenny Baker
    Prowse...I've met before, but not everyone has. Kenny Baker would be cool!

19. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    I met Prowse. It would be cool if Warwick Davis or Jeremy Bulloch came.

20. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    EVERY show that I have ever done that Warwick was to appear 3-4 times he has cancelled. I wouldn't even try to get him. POOR track record.

21. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    OK here's an update, no Peter Mayhew (due to his scheduling) and no Anthony Daniels. We are looking in Michonne and Ms. Owens as well as I HOPE: Matt Sloan/Plo Koon
    Zachariah Jensen/Kit Fisto

what do you think???

22. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
  23. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    Plo Koon is looking better now and so is the blue senator that was in both Episode 2 and will be in 3. The one with the horns..............

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Mas Amedda and Plo Koon...cool!

25. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    I can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.