main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Halloween?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Axelay, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axelay

Axelay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Hiya. I was wondering how many of you were thinking about dressing up as a Star Wars character for Helloween this year. I ask this question because I am in something of a curious predicament. I've been really going out of my way to have excellent Halloween costumes for my school's Fall Festival for the past 3 years, as the teachers are encouraged to dress up. I did an excellent Harry Potter costume one year, and then I did Obi-Wan the next year, and these were huge hits with my students and their parents. My kids in my programming and logic (video game design) classes know how huge a fan of Battlefront I am, and they are anxiously counting the days along with me until Battlefront 2. Because of this, I was wondering if anyone could tell me about Stormtrooper/Clone Trooper armor? I've always wanted to do something along those lines, but I just can't afford to drop $1500 on a good finished suit. Does anybody rent them...? It's a longshot, I know, but I thought I'd just ask.

2. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    As far as renting a good Stormtrooper in the Triangle, you will be out of luck. I was looking at renting a vader costume for one of our events, and the ones that the local costume rentals had were pretty out dated and was pretty much a spandex suit with a helmet (So were the Stormtrooper outfits). Take my advice and do not spend your time looking to rent and consider purchasing the armor.

One of our members just purchased a suit of Stormtrooper armor. He could give you advice if you plan to get a suit. The suit he purchased was molded from authentic Stormtrooper armor (I believe). It is much better to purchase armor because you can wear it and during down time with it, display it with your SW stuff! That is worth a small investment! (And it will be less than a $1000)! PM if you are interested and I will give you the members name.

3. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Hi guys. I have the rest of my costume ( 100% wool robes, awesome tunic and pants, and pleather full jedi belt) but now I need the boots. I'd like the real kind, not to just buy a black pair of boots from rack room, so do any of you guys know of a website that cheaply sells jedi boots?

4. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    Here is a website that has great prices on costume boots.

http://www.brandsonsale.com/

I had price matched a few websites in the past for costume boots, and this website was the most reasonable. You might want to check out the pirate boots!

http://www.brandsonsale.com/plt-1403bk.html#description

Hope this helps!
    Bodo Janx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.