main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Haters, Whats up with them?????

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by DarksiderGeorge, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Just be glad you didn't marry someone who bashes Star Wars (and you) every chance they get. *sigh* Seriously, some people just don't feel good about themselves unless they are putting others down.

2. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    HJF, are you insuating that you married a Star Wars Hater? I too have noticed that there ARE huge amounts of people who cant seem to be happy unless they are putting people or ideas down. In fact the internet is one of the reasons why negativity reigns free. All these little geeks hiding behind their computers, spewing out the negativity.The net hides well these little bastards. People are so critical nowadays, its disgustingly stifling!!!

"Hey haters, feel the force flow, let it calm your mind... Aw screw that, haters, try to hide behind your computer when you are getting your ass kicked out in public!!!" :mad:

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Yes, unfortunately I did marry a Star Wars hater, but am working on rectifying that situation. ;)

Actually, on our third date I broached the subject of Star Wars for the first time and told him how important Star Wars was in my life. (Kinda obvious since I named my daughter from my first marriage Leia don't you think?) Anyway, he told me "Star Wars is my favorite movie!" But over the years he has let his true feelings show and is so insulting of me, my friends etc. I have my rather large collection secreted away in a storage location he doesn't know about simply because he has threatened to distroy/sell it all. *sigh*

4. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    do i smell divorce sometime in the near future?

5. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    MJF, Im so sorry that you have to endure the hatred directed towards your devotion to Star Wars!!! I shall post my collection of goodies on the board one of these days. Its deceptive how people will tell you what you want to hear and then they go and threaten to destroy your SW stuff!! Maybe if you "showed" him (hehehehe!!) that " You find his lack of faith disturbing!" he will come to really love Star Wars. MJF, have you read the book "Using the Force"? Its great, its about us, the hardcore fans!

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^Nope, I've never even heard of the book "Using the Force." Who wrote it and where can I get it?

7. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Mara_Jade_Fan,

Here is a link to the book on Amazon.com. It is also available in Barnes & Noble stores, Waldenbooks, and Borders, from what I know.

Using the Force

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Much thanks! I am just finishing reading Rebel Stand, and will have time to read it before the next NJO book "Traitor" comes out at the end of the month. :D

9. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    Who doesn't know a SW hater? And who can't say that one of their friends are one? I know now I'm out numbered a school. Most of my friends hate SW. Stupid people.

10. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Star Wars fans are vastly outnumbered. We may be a smaller group but we are mighty!!

Is it me, or do SW fans seem to be smarter than most people??

11. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i resent that, i am not smart... you tryin to call me a trekkie?

12. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    *rolls eyes* Trekkies are weird little geeks who THINK they know everything but are actualy just poor, outdoors deprived little peoples.

Star Wars Junkies are weird but powerfull geeks who know they don't know everything but know that by beliving in the Force they don't have to because the Force will guid them. Plus, name how many times a Trek dude was in a running light through a forest on an exotic planet???

I mean, those guys like NEVER LEAVE THEIR SHIPS!! To boldly go where no man has gone before... Yeah right!! I think the only place they've never gone before is the bathroom! Everybody in Star Wars is totaly out there on the edge! Naturaly, if it comes down to a fist fight, a Star Wars Junkie will win because we got off the couch more :D

Now that's a long irrelevent ramble!

13. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i dont have a couch, but i do have a nice comfy leather office chair i spend half of my life in. lol... got a nice butt groove goin on. lol. but i do get up and do things.

14. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    well said sparticus.

15. Sparticus

May 1, 2002
    *takes a bow* Thanks!

16. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    You're very right Sparticus. Trekkies are just weird. You can like some of Star Trek I believe just because you like the actors, but when you start surfing the net at 3 in the morning becuase the scanner Mr. Spock was using didn't fit from "episode 45" that's just wrong.

And about those people who know they don't know everything, can you please direct me to them? The ones I know just make me feel inferor, because "they know more"

My rant's over, thank goodness.
    -*Heather

17. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    well i surf the net at 3 in the morning... only because i work over night, and my nights off, i have nothing else to do... so dont call me a trekie!

18. Sparticus

May 1, 2002
    Hey, I surf the net at three am too, but usualy only cause I cant sleep anyway. Or I'm busy saving Townsville... lol!

19. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Hell yes trekkies are weird! If you saw that low-budget film "Trekkies", then you've seen it first hand!! :eek:

20. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    You mean Cross-Dressing, love ballad singing, Klingon warriors are weird?? [face_laugh]

That mockmentary was quite hilarious, I would recommend it to anybody who needs a big laugh!!!

21. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    trekkies.........no comment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.