Classics Star Wars Holiday Special

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by DeltaVX, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *Turns to George Lucas.*

"I can feel your anger. Take up your hammer, smash the disk with it, and the Holiday Special will be no more"
  2. dudalb Jedi Knight

star 3
    THe problem with redoing the Holiday Special is when you get done cutting out all the junk all you will have left is the Boba Fett Cartoon,and that is really not that great,just OK and of historical interest becuase it is Boba's first appreance.
    Other then that the Holiday Special is beyond redemption.
  3. sarlaccpit_48 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why does it seem someone always brings up the holiday special, asking if it will be on DVD. Give it up, its never going to happen. Hell Howard the Duck and Ewoks on Ice, combined were better than the holiday special. The only good thing the holiday special is good for, is the fist apperance of Boba Fett. I'm not exactly sure, but I don't think that the star wars databank, has any recolection of there being a holiday special. Lets just forget about it.

You will forget about the holiday special.

I will forget aboput the holiday special.

These arn't the droids you looking for.

These arn't the droids we're looking for.

Move along.

Move along.
  4. LtNOWIS Force Ghost

star 4
    From the Boba Fett article at the databank: He first appeared in an 11-minute animated segment of the lamentable "Star Wars Holiday Special" television broadcast in 1978.
  5. TheAlternateReality Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I like the holiday special. It's good in its own way, and I want it on DVD. It won't hurt. Besides it is already available on DVD, from a certain point of view.
  6. ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually it wasn't that bad. It was horrid, but not that horrid. The 11 minute Boba Fett cartoon kicked *** on so many levels.
  7. Lakisha Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Wasn't Luke and Leia in it??? Does anyone have screencaps???
  8. DarthFist Jedi Youngling

Yes, the enitre cast from Episode IV were in it. You can find out all you need, want, and don't want to know at the two links below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special
    http://www.starwarsholidayspecial.com/
  9. ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh god, Are you trying to impersonate DarthFirst off of Mf.com?
  10. Master_Solo Jedi Knight

star 1
    WHAT THE **** WAS THAT!?

OH..MY GOD!

Just finished watching it....WHAT THE ****?

The Boba Fett cartoon was brilliant and I actually prefer it over Clone Wars Volume 1 but as for the rest....

WHY WOULD THAT GUY SHOW AN IMPERIAL A ROCK VIDEO? WHY WOULD HE SIT THERE GRINNING AT IT? WHY WAS THIS MADE?

DO NOT SEE THIS! THIS HAS MADE ME SO ANGRY!
  11. TheWookieepedian Jedi Youngling

The show truly is strange, but, it showed how a typical day in the life of our beloved characters are, and apparently we don't want to see that.
  12. DARTHNECRO Jedi Padawan

Yes horrible!I burned a copy from a file to dvd.So then i wached it i dont remember it as a kid but i remember i did wach it tho!Anyway c_3po and r2 are saved by bobba fett from a giant lock ness monster nuff said!Bobba is a very sweet gut in this cartoon hahaaha!
  13. padawan_Timmins Jedi Padawan

Wow. I just watched it for the first time and it was so bad. What really amused me was that the Wookies (or at least the Chewie family) are complete media junkies. They have over 1/2 dozen TV/video game/VR machines in their wooden hut!

Crazy.
  14. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Figure folks might be interested to know about HS content that can now be found on the eighth disc of the BD Saga set (the disc that holds the OT Extra Features):

-Most notably, the Boba Fett cartoon can be found, in it's entirety, under Episode V -> Pursued By the Imperial Fleet -> The Collection -> Boba Fett Prototype Costume -> First Look

-Two deleted scenes from ANH that were repurposed for the Holiday Special are included under Episode IV's deleted scenes section, but with their original audio (so you get Prowse's original ANH dialogue involving the search for the Falcon and Leia's interrogation instead of the Jones-dubbed Holiday Special dialogue about curfews or what have you):
    --Vader and Chief Bast on the Death Star discussing the above-mentioned subjects
    --Short alien running around Mos Eisley and dodging through the legs of a stilt-walking character during a Stormtrooper search.
    cwustudent likes this.