main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Holiday Special

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Tomi_Zoso, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomi_Zoso

Tomi_Zoso Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    I saw it recently for the first time. It has introduction to Boba Fett and Chewbacca's family. It's quite cheesy and very 70's but is it considered canon? Do Malla, Itchy and Lumpy exist in the Star Wars universe? I've looked from the net and I've read mixed opinions about this. There's really nothing in it that would make the story inconsistent. What do you think of this TV-movie?

2. vaderdude_3

vaderdude_3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    I've never seen it. Can you download it on the net?

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    You can download it on Kazaa or Morpheus or a program like it. I downloaded the 1st part but it was just toooooo cheesy for me do i didnt even download the 2nd part.

4. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    ******banging head on desk********

Oh, no. There is a good reason why this is not available on VHS or DVD.........Just run away screaming.......It's not canon....it's not even EU.........It's slow, boring, and too cheesy for words in the English language.......Jefferson Starship didn't even do a good song in it......A friend of mine has it on tape. I don't know how he got it. It's a tribute to bad '70's variety-show programing....No, not a tribute......more like the highest example of said programing........

Unfortunately, For die-hard SW fans.......It's required viewing, so go get it.

5. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    Actually like it or not it IS technically considered canon.

6. OttoOC

OttoOC Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2002
    Umm... no. It's not. :)

7. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Yes it is!!! Go pick up "The Essential Guide to Characters" the first one, and look up Chewbacca!! Malla, Itchy and Lumpy are all in there! So it's cannon!!! :D

I got mine off Ebay for $10.00. Well worth it too, C'mon Bea Arthur dancing and singing to Ponda Baba is too funny!!!! [face_laugh]

Leia sings, Luke in make up, Boba Fett animated, and Art Carney too!!!! Whats not to like!!! ;)

8. guittarjedi

May 21, 2002
    Umm...I hate when newbies and uninformed people try to contradict me. Thanks for the backup Darthzemog.

9. Tomi_Zoso

Tomi_Zoso Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    I got it by Direct Connect. The quality was quite poor, but you could see enough to understand what was happening.

However, you can find a funny review of it here.

10. Master Ood

Master Ood Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1998
    look the SWHS is simply a wonderful pience of paper. if it was anything more than that we would all be notorious

11. OttoOC

OttoOC Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2002
    "Umm...I hate when newbies and uninformed people try to contradict me."

I hate when people think they're better than me just because they registered before me.

12. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Hold up here, a MAY 02 user is calling an AUGUST 02 user a newbie? HAHAHAHAHA

13. OttoOC

OttoOC Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2002
    I wasn't trying to start a fight with you guittar, hence the smilie (which you seemed to have missed), but I still don't think the Star Wars Holiday Special can be classified as canon. Maybe I just don't want to believe something so.. horrible..

14. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I just saw it for the first time not long ago. I watched it two nights in a row with two different groups of people. It had it's moments, sorta, but...well...wow was it bad...And is it just me, or did that one stormtrooper look a bit short for a stormtrooper? I dunno...

15. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    SWHS was freaking hilarious! (Probably cause I was half-drunk when watching)

16. Maladour-Fei

Maladour-Fei Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I've tried watching it twice and I fell asleap after some 5 minutes both times... Nuff said.

17. guittarjedi

May 21, 2002
    I was just stating the facts. SWHS is considered canon.

18. sellars1996

sellars1996 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Another glutton for punishment.

Here's a good review of the infamous special:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/236.html

You can download it there, too.

19. itchytheuglywookie

itchytheuglywookie Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2002
    Ah, what a movie the holiday special was. Who could forget Lumpy's lovable pranks? Or the stormtroopers without any lines? Or that big rat at the bar? And when Boba left his UNARMED prey for no rason at all, there was a tear in my eye. Was I crying because it was so good, or horribal? I can not tell. Maby both. All I can say is the holiday special is a brilliant adventure filled with memorabal songs. The special effects were crisp and still hold up today. Is the movie even cannon? Well, half way through you realize that Star Wars is not about facts, but about love, and freindship. Oh, and Wookiee VR entertainment. Can't forget that.

20. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Who would name their kid Lumpy. The HS represents everything that is wrong with this world.

21. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    Its probably Lompowacca or something like that.

At least they TRIED to repair Chewie's fathers name naming him Attichikut or something like that.

BTW, if you have never seen it, watch it with loads of vodka....

22. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Lumpy's full name is Lumpawarrump. Malla's full name is Mallatobuck and Ithcy is Attichitcuk! ;)

Thank you once again Guide to Essential Characters!!! Oh and on page 32 of Chewbacca's history, they metion the events of the Holiday Special!!! So Cannon it is!!!! :D

23. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I laughed my butt off watching this. Th only good part is the cartoon. I love "I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is near by."

24. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I don't own The Essential Hiude to Chracters, but if I'm not mistaken, Jacen, Jaina and all their EU pals are in it too?

And, GuittarJedi, we've got a looooooong wat to go until we're not newbies, We can say we're not Newbies on January 1st 2003, I think that should do. What makes Newbies different anyway, for all you know, People who have registered before us may have known Star Wars 20 years before us! I've liked Star Wars since a couple of months before the SE were released, yet i never registered here til a few months ago.

So plese just stop calling people "Newbies", especially when they registerd only a few months after you!

btw, im not trying to start a fight or anything ;)

25. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Why would anyone ever try to start a fight? [face_mischief]

I personally don't mind being called a newbie that much. I will always be a newbie! I dunno why, but that's how I see it...

Now back to the holiday special...I liked the cooking show! That cracked me up!! But wasn't it sad when the stormtroopers messed up Lumpy's room? And what they did to that poor bantha toy...and then when Lumpy covered it up and kissed it... :( :_| :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.