main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars Horror

Discussion in 'Literature' started by KamNale, Feb 7, 2017.

1. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    As many of you know, Star Wars is a science fiction and fantasy series. There are many stories that have been told with much horror in those tales (Anakin killing children, zombie Geonosians, etc) Joe Schreiber then came in and took our beloved franchise and turned it into a nightmare with undead running amuck within a Star Destroyer, teenage Sith zombies, and Maul having to beat the snot out of everyone. So, my fellow colleagues, should Joe return or someone else come in and write us a brand new horror (and Canon) Star Wars novel? If the answer is yes, then what should we have?

Demon4x4 and JABoomer like this.
  2. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Yeah, totally. But not zombies. Zombies are overdone.

JediBatman and masterskywalker like this.
  3. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Can they continue the Galaxy of Fear series? Recanonize Tash and Zak Arranda (the way they did with Thrawn) and follow their adventures post-ROTJ. Reorient the series so it's less for younger readers and thus won't pull punches on horror, and show them training with Luke. Then increase the horror factor significantly in their last appearance when Kylo and the Knights of Ren kill them, or Kylo creates dark-side monsters, zombies etc to do the job.

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    As long as Senior Anthropologist [Indeterminate] Hoole is included in the package, I'm willing to pay good money for it!

Nom von Anor and JediBatman like this.
  5. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Wouldn't making a more "adult" version of Galaxy of Fear be like making a gritty reboot of Scooby Doo? Or the time DC comics made Wonderdog into a mutant that brutally killed the Wondertwins? I'd rather them make their own brand new horror series for older readers than try to twist Galaxy of Fear into something its not.

6. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I don't think it's so much twisting Galaxy of Fear as a natural continuation--Zak and Tash grow up eventually (perfect for post-ROTJ timeline), and the events they face (or how they perceive them) mature as well.

7. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Hmmm. When you put it that way, I think I could actually get behind something like that. Less "gritty reboot" and more like a sequel series that aged with its audience.

sidv88 likes this.
  8. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Short story where a ship intercepts a Star Destroyer. Systems indicate it's active but in the distance it looks like a wreckage. It disappears when they approach more.

9. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    SW and Horror needn't be bloody though I enjoyed Schreibers books a lot, Galaxy of Fear is pure gold and Tales from Vaders castle or other recent bits had quite some horror vibes too. We need more of that.

Even Legends Crosscurrent and its Sequel had horror elements with the clone story. What new horror awaits us? Canon bring forth ya scares!

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    We haven't had anything to match Wat Tambor and the Quest for the Sacred Eye of the Albino Cyclops yet, so as far as I'm concerned the entire new EU has been a colossal failure. All of it.

jSarek, Nom von Anor and Darth_Duck like this.
  11. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
  12. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Tales From Vader's Castle is highly underrated. One issue was a tribute to the Hammer Films Dracula movies, complete with Christopher Lee; another paid homage to The Wicker Man. Glad to hear we're getting another round this October.

JediBatman, Demon4x4 and DelRiego like this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Isn’t Korriban the Transylvania of Star Wars?

Nom von Anor and Iron_lord like this.
  14. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    nope that would be Serenno ;)

Xammer, Nom von Anor and Iron_lord like this.
  15. Darth Zack

Darth Zack Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Korriban is more of the Valley of the Dead of Star Wars, with more zombies and killer droids and sithspawn.

Iron_lord likes this.