main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA *** Star Wars in 30 mins reminder ***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LordJedi, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    As a reminder, anyone who wants to go, we are getting together to go see Star Wars in 30 mins this Saturday night (9/7).

If you want to go, please PM me with how many people you intend to bring. Once I have a total count, I will post the list of who's going as a final confirmation. I don't know how many people the play can hold per showing and since Monday is a holiday I doubt I'll be able to reserve the tickets before Tuesday. That being said, I would like everyone to PM me by Monday night, say, 6pm, so I can have the total Tuesday morning.

Once I've ordered the tickets, we can work out a place to meet up with the SDSWS.

Please, don't be left out in the cold on this one. If I don't hear from anyone else, it'll be just me and a few others (confirmation coming probably this afternoon since it's almost 2am :)).

If this message seems a little incoherent, it is :) It's 2am and I'm barely awake.

Anyway, that's all. Good night everyone.

2. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    ok LJ...like i said before...id let you know..confirm me, my wife and sister...looking forward to this...nice review in star wars insider...

3. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok, I have 1 confirmation from Zhi-Don with 2 guests. I've also sent PM's to the other people that expressed interest in going to see if they still want to go. If I don't receive any replies by PM or email by tomorrow morning, the total count will be 4 (I might have a few more coming, but it's not likely since they aren't big star wars fans).

I will be calling to make the reservation in the morning. Then we can decide on a place to meet.

4. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I just called for the tickets. We have 5 tickets reserved for our group. The following people are confirmed as going:

Zhi-Don (with 2 guests)
    Keijaa
    and myself

The tickets are $10 per person and parking is $3 (you have to be sure to tell the gate guard that you're attending a School of Theatre event). I can seat 4 people (not counting me) in the cab of my truck, so we may be able to carpool.

We need to figure out a place to meet. MJF and others (maybe?) from the SDSWS will be coming up to meet with us so we should pick a place that's easy to find. I'm open to suggestions.

The following link is to USC's school of theatre page:

School of theatre

5. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I hope you all have a blast and are able to meet up with the SDSWS when you are there. Please take some pictures so we can start our photo album on our Yahoo page. I look forward to hearing all about this on Sunday.

6. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I just spoke with a coworker of mine (since I haven't been in the area of USC in years) and he suggested that we meet somewhere in OC and go to USC from there. A few places spring to mind to meet at: The Block, The Spectrum, Downtown Disney (we'd have to pay for parking for that one though), and Big Newport. If anyone has any other ideas for places to meet, please post. We should decide this quickly since the play is tomorrow night.

I'm also waiting to hear back from MaraJade (she got injured and may not be able to come up). Once I hear from her, I'd like to be able to tell her where to meet us.

7. Keijaa_Halcyon

Keijaa_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    i don't know if i'll be able to meet any where first before hand. my only means of transportatioon is a ride there and back.

8. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok, that's cool. The play is being held at the School of Theatre at USC. I think I posted a link to their page earlier. It starts at 11pm. Be there at least 15 mins before showtime. I was thinking we could all meet up there as a last resort no later than 10:30pm. The tickets are being held under my name, so I can get them when I get there and distribute them once I find everyone. I will most likely be wearing my black Celebration 2 shirt that says "25 years of The Force" on the back with the Celebration 2 logo on the front.

EDIT: Here's a link to a map of the USC campus as well as a few surrounding streets. Combine this map with the directions that are on the page I previously posted and you should be alright. Just remember that you need to go to Gate 5, NOT gate 3. It is a Saturday event, so go to Gate 5. In fact, here is a small appendment to the directions on the link I previoulsy posted. I will assume everyone is taking the 405N to get there. Take Hoover to where it ends at Jefferson and go right, NOT left. Then turn left at McClintock Ave. This is actually the gate so you should be fine at this point. Remember to tell the gate officer that you are attending a School of Theatre event.

9. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    As it stands right now, this will most likely not be an all day event. I've just received word from MaraJade that she will be unable to make it up here (she broke her toe last weekend so lets all hope she gets better fast). She's in enough pain that she can't walk very well (if at all). That being said, unless anyone else wants to get together earlier in the day to do whatever, we can just meet up at the USC Scenedock theatre tonight at 10:30pm. I will probably be there a little earlier to pickup the tickets and like I said, I will be wearing my black C2 shirt with "25 years of the Force" written on the back and the C2 logo in big letters on the front. Meeting at or near the ticket counter is probably the best thing to do (they're holding the tickets at the Will Call window, which, hopefully, is close to the regular ticket window).

Hope to see you all there :)

10. Keijaa_Halcyon

Aug 6, 2002
    i'll be there at 10:30. look for a kid with short blond hair wearing jeans and either a sweatshirt or a jacket.

11. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    look for me and my wife [large black lady] and sister [large white lady]...and me [large white man with beard and glasses]

12. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    So how was it guys?

13. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    The play was amazing. I was surprised at how little they actually left out (aside from the sets and all). I think it clocked in at just over 30 mins, but they mentioned that it might since they do stop sometimes if people are laughing to much, and there was A LOT of laughter. Anyone that has a chance to see this, MUST see this. It was way better than I expected.

Unfortunately, they didn't allow pictures or video of any kind (digital, film, or DV) so we weren't able to take any.

The only person that didn't seem to make it was Erik (Keijaa_Halcyon). I ran into someone that just moved here from Minnesota. She was a part of the Minnesota FF and will be attending the LA FF meeting on the 21st. There was also a couple of people from liningup.net.

I just checked the other thread on this play and unfortunately it looks like tonight is the last showing. If you can't make it to the meeting today, I highly suggest you try to make it to the last showing tonight.

Once again, it was amazing. I'm so glad I got a chance to see it.

14. Keijaa_Halcyon

Aug 6, 2002
    i almost ripped my hair out last night!!!!!!!!

our car broke down less than a block from our house.i'm not sure what's wrong with it. when we stopped at a redlight, the engine shut off and wouldn't start again, so we were stuck at the intersection of buffalo hills and macarthur until we could get towed back and my dad wasn't able to drive me because he had work this morning.

i'm really sorry i couldn't make it. i would've given anything to be there and meet you all. it's not like me to say that i'll be somewhere and then not show up, so in the future if i say that i'll be somewhere i will. sorry. :(

15. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Sorry you missed it KH. It was truly hilarious. One of the funniest things I have ever seen...no exaggeration. The guy who played Threepio/Artoo/Yoda was spectacular. He told us after the show that he had never played Threepio before either. Hard to believe.

The Taun-Tauns and Ackbar were great too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.