main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Star Wars in 30 Minutes at C3

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey guys,
    How many of you got the chance to see SW in 30 Minutes at C3? We saw it twice and here is a review for everyone that may have missed it:

For anyone that hasn't seen or heard about this group, they literally perform the original three films of the trilogy in 30 minutes. There are 12 people in the troupe and they are immensely talented. The cast of quirky individuals take you on a fantastic, fun filled journey of a lifetime as they take you through Star Wars Hyperspace in 30 minutes. This unique and almost undescribable joyride take you through three 10 minute segments starting with A New Hope...

In which you experience the ramblings of C-3P0 (Leigh Anne Goodoff) and his wastebasket pal R2-D2, while listening to the whining but lovable Luke Skywalker (James Snyder) and the lovable grunts from Chewie (Scott Walker Mullin) climaxing with the destruction of the Death Star with your everyday folding chairs.

Continuing with The Empire Strikes Back:

We are introduced to this segment with Luke Skywalker piggy back riding a taun taun (Jason Major) (aaawwwwaaarrrrrgggg!) who is immediately attacked by a giant white shag carpet (Wampa attack!!). After being rescued by Han Solo (Mark Kelly), Luke makes his to Dagobah to meet the green bath robed Jedi Master Yoda (Patrick T. Gorman). While training, Luke entered the Dark Side cave to face his fear of Darth Vader. After cutting off Vader's head, Luke's destiny is revealed to him in the form of his reflection in an everyday handheld bathroom mirror. Later, after Luke's friends have been captured, Han is frozen and taken away, Luke faces Darth Vader. After a vicious lightsaber bat duel, Luke's hand is cut off and proceeds to fall.. and falls... and falls... and falls.... around the room to land on the metal stairwell. It ends with a lovely scene of Luke and Leia with R2 and 3PO starring off into space.

Finally in Return of the Jedi:

Simply put, this was the best 10 minutes of all, which is completely stolen by actor Michael Cornacchia, in his unforgettable portrails of Admiral Ackbar (It's a traaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!) and the late, great Jabba the Hutt. In the opening scene, Mike proudly sports his tidy whities and a brown blanket to portray Jabba the Hutt with his tongue flaying (Bo Shuda!) This act also includes the sinfully sarcastic Emperor Palpatine (Mark Reilly). He challenges Luke to the final duel to change Vader's destiny.

All in all from one SW fan to another, this is a fantastic journey through the SW trilogy. My words may not be the best to describe this voyage, but it is one of my best experiences I've ever had as a Star Wars fan.

Manchester Mandalorians

Tk, John, Dianna

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Review aside, we would like everyone who had the opportunity to experience SW in 30 Minutes at C3 to please sign out online 'petition', if you want to call it that... What we would like is your reviews, replies and thoughts of SW in 30 so we can send these on to Lucasfilm in the hopes of getting this wonderful cast and crew to do this show on a more frequent basis with the goal of being on Broadway. I know the entire cast would also love to see and read all of your thoughts, and in this endevour we thank you ahead of time. Also please check out their website at

SW in 30 Minutes

Hope everyone had as wonderful time at C3 as I did and let's hope The Maker has a C4!

Thanks again!

SeeYa!
    TK

May the Force be with you all! :)

3. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003

I saw this at CIII and loved it!! It was far one of the best things I got to see at the con.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.