Star Wars in 3d- Possible replacement for SWMA

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Anonymous_Jedi, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Has a better interface? What's wrong with mine? I'd like to improve in any way I can.
  2. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I haven't explored it fully, just peaked at the front page, little short on time, but out of curiosity, is it run on PHPNuke?

¤Night
  3. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, it's run on myPHPnuke, to maximize efficeny. It'll give me a lot of extra time to do get the updates I want rather than manually editing a bunch of HTML pages.
  4. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_blush]

Please ignore the info change request for the Millenium Falcon...

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] :D

¤Night
  5. darthdastoli Force Ghost

star 3
    I think this is a great idea. It surely has been too long. For me what made the SWMA was the huge collection of (mostly) good fan art and animations, to which we contributed several (of course now they're so out of date that their embarassing and we don't have time to make them over again), in fact we even had the SWMA hosting Crossing of Fate. Are you going to try to get all of this lost SWMA fan work back? We also never had a chance to submit any meshes to the SWMA, should anyone with submissions send them to you?

Once again, this should be great, and if I can see all my favorite past wallpapers and animations, then that would be wonderful.
  6. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    At this time I have no times to recover anything from SWMA purely because of permission rights. I will be accepting new models. For now you can just PM me with submissions of models and I'll give you a place to upload them. If you have picture submissions, you can just go the the "eGallery" and submit some. At the moment it's impossible to read as I forgot to change some information in a Cascading Style Sheet before I opened the site, this should be corrected within the next 10 minutes.
  7. Assassin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can't you just ask the SWMA people to give you all of their stuff? If they have no plans on ever getting their site off the ground again then why would they care if someone else did it for them. I'd be happy to take all of the fan art from them and creata a new site to host it.
  8. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    How exactly does one submit a model or models to this site?
  9. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    If you want, Anonymous_Jedi, I can make you a super sweet main logo if ya want. Just post back here if you want me to, I'll try to have one whipped up in an hour or so.
  10. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Sure Pixel, that'd be great! PM me it when your done. Thanks man!!

Assassin: It's not that simple, there's no "one person" to contact about it.

EDIT: Toren, currently the only way to submit a model is to PM me about it and I'll give you an upload location. I didn't expect a response from Al so fast, so when I got it I didn't have a chance to put up a submit function yet, so it shall be implemented in the soon future.
  11. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, and Daft.. you spelt pictures wrong in your news post ;)
  12. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I hope your site enjoys more success than my posting about it did :p
  13. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    Anonymous, I will probably be glad to give you some of my models once I finish my film, it really depends whats going on. Just remind me once it comes out. If you need help with site design just let me know.
  15. cassius Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wiggid. I just set up my account. I've been waiting patiently for someone to take up where SWMA left off. THANKS!
  16. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    "I'll give you some of my models why my film is finished"

Come on Macho, tell us something that will help us in OUR lifetimes :p

Just kidding.

But FYI: This site is run on phpnuke, so that means unless he knows how to code PHP, he really won't be able to edit much of the design, but for what he want's I think it looks good. (look at his site for his Rouge Squadron movie and you'll see what I mean)

I'd help code something as I am a web programmer, BUT I am already doing some web programming for ANOTHER website for fanfilms... and it will be great :)

Cya
    Mike
  17. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    actually wixmmm, that's a custom theme that I made. I don't really appreciate you making that fact public, your however mistaken. Custom pages can easily be made in simple html just using the include command for the header, theme, and footer. I like the layout as it is anyways, if I didn't like it I wouldn't use it.

Thanks Macho :)
  18. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry man, I actually just went to the PHPNuke website and read that..

Plus, since PHPNuke was meantioned above, I thought it didn't matter if I brought it "public"

Sorry bout that,
    Mike
  19. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Eh, no problem I guess, considering I've just started trying to learn PHP so I can edit this thing in any way I want.
  20. Assassin Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you need any custom PHP let me know. For over a year, I did nothing but PHP programming for a web development company.
  21. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey Anonymous. I finished your main logo. Sorry it took so long. And I couldn't figure out how PM so, here it is....

SWi3D Logo
  22. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks soo much pixel!!! That's awesome!!
    Since I pushed my release date ahead I didn't have time to come up with a good logo :p I'll upload this in a minute.

Assassin: Thanks a lot man, I'll probably take you up on that offer sometime soon :)
  23. crazylegs1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    will you be hosting peoples 3d animations and pics so they can get them reviewed by people here(or anywhere)? Or will you have to judge the clip to see if it is worthy of your site?
  24. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be accepting just about all photos and 3d animations for hosting on my site. I'm going to be very loose on quality, as this is a site for the masses, not the just the elites.
  25. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, current stats are as follows:

It's been tracking for 6 hours now and has reported 133 SEPERATE visitors.

All I have to say right now is... SWEET!
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.