main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Star Wars in 3D starting 2012!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jai-Rew-Sett, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jai-Rew-Sett

Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    Was cruising the web and came across this:

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/29/star-wars-films-being-re-released-in-3-d/?hpt=T2

It's about time!

2. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    this sounds great. maybe now the pod-race will be more interesting to watch, lol. this should be good, but not sure if i like the idea of them releasing them once a year. 6 years to watch all of them? hmmmm. hope not. maybe when they consecutive years, they mean two a year or so?

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    This looks like it calls for a costumed night out to the movies!! Bua-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!! [face_batting]

4. Jedimommy

Jedimommy Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Well at least that gives me time to get a costume together Zannah.

5. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Hopefully they will do this at an Imax (but I doubt it).

6. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    why? most every theater in the country, including here, has atleast one imax screen

7. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    LUBED!

(BTW, Target has got a bunch of Star Wars stuff back in their $1 bins again-- even Vader and Threepio stress balls!)

8. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010

Yes..and it would have made sense for them to do it for Avatar which would have been great for Imax-but they didn't.

9. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for mentioning this. I got some stuff there earlier this week and forgot to post it.

Not a big fan of the 3-D movement, especially when it comes to converting 2-D movies to 3-D afterwards. Reminds me of when they got the technology to colorize old black and white films. You should watch the movie the way it was originally done. I'm a little suprised at Lucas doing this. He's usually at the front of technology, not following the pack like this. Of course I'll be happy to see all the movies again on the big screen where they belong, even if they are in 3-D.

10. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

Thank the maker. I have been dreaming of this for years!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.