So NV Star Wars In Character Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by KleptoKlown, Nov 2, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. KleptoKlown Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 5, 2004
    star 2
    Daxter Cthul


    Investigation is hard work. So far you haven't come across anything that gives you the exact location of your sister. The best that you have is a lead you got from some smugglers you had a "conversation" with. They told you they heard some whispers about extra security being moved to the Sith base on Taris. They also said something about a lot of their buddies being hired for various jobs transporting cargo to and from said base.


    TAG: Janky


  2. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Aug 27, 2003
    star 4
    Brushing off the guys shoulders a bit with a gruff "Thanks" I make my way towards the spaceport to see about booking passage on a public transport to Taris

    At the spaceport counter
    "Passage for one to Taris please."
  3. KleptoKlown Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 5, 2004
    star 2
    Daxter


    A cute young human female is working the counter.

    "Of course sir."

    You book yourself passage on a transport to Taris. Unless there is anything in particular you want to do on the flight I will just say that it was a very uneventful flight.

    When you arrive at the Taris spaceport the flight informs everyone over the ship's PA that they would suggest if you have no pressing appointments that you may want to stop in at the "best cantina this side of the galaxy." They then give directions, and you see a few people look interested, and as you exit the transport a group of passengers heads in that direction.
  4. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Aug 27, 2003
    star 4
    I'll head there myself. Get something decent to eat before I go seeking out the more seedier establishments and who knows maybe I can get a lead here in the best cantina this side of the galaxy.
  5. KleptoKlown Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 5, 2004
    star 2
    Daxter


    You follow along with the group and head to the local cantina. It's a pretty happening place. Looks like it gets it's fair share of customers. (Picture the cantina from KOTOR) As you walk in and take a look around you notice one room off to the side that seems to be reserved for Sith troops only as it is full of them. You recognize one of the men sitting at the bar itself as Orik, a man you worked with on the construction projects from home. He seems to be talking it up with the bartender and having himself a drink.


    While you're surveying the place a Rodian male by the door looks you up and down.



    "You like to make extra money? You big and strong, like fighting?"<~~~Basic
  6. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Aug 27, 2003
    star 4
    "Depends. What's the job, and who am I fighting?"
  7. KleptoKlown Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 5, 2004
    star 2
    Daxter


    The Rodian shrugs.

    "Whoever want to fight. You win, make money. You lose, not get money. Go to room on other side, fight."

    He points toword the far side of the cantina to a little door in the wall that you probably would have missed otherwise. He then walks off without another word, presumably to find another fighter.
  8. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Aug 27, 2003
    star 4
    Feeling the need for a nice exercise after the journey on a public transport to Taris Daxter goes through the door indicated to prepare for a fight.
  9. KleptoKlown Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 5, 2004
    star 2
    Daxter


    You hear a gruff voice from somewhere up above you.


    "And what is it that you seek here, son of a Jedi?"


    A massive spotlight flicks on and shines directly into your eyes.



    Roll me a perception if you wanna look around.
  10. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Aug 27, 2003
    star 4
    "I'm here to fight currently. Why don't you show yourself? Make things a bit more interesting."

    perception check 22 (d20 roll 12 + 10 (skill mod) = 22
  11. KleptoKlown Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 5, 2004
    star 2
    Daxter


    You see a faint outline of the room due to the bright light in your eyes. You do notice two humanoid figures at the other end of the room. The one on the left seems to be the one speaking.

    "Hahaha, ready to fight then eh? Alright then. Unfortunatly, I won't be sticking around. I have a date with a young girl at the base. Joram here should be able to give you a little entertainment though. Should you survive, I'll make sure you get paid the next time we meet."

    With that the man on the left turns and walks out a back door. The rest of the lights in the room come in showing you to be standing in an octaganal room with nothing in it but you and your opponent. Who just so happens to be a Barabel wielding a Vibro-Ax.

    "Time for some fun... hehehe"

    Roll Init
  12. KleptoKlown Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 5, 2004
    star 2
    Sha Jital

    The day has come for you to be givin a padawan. You are waiting outside the council chambers as the council discusses other matters on their agenda. Finally, the council gives the word for you to enter and you do so. The council talks about how refreshing it is for someone of your age to hold so well to the code. They also inform you that despite what you may have been informed before, your "padawan" won't exactly be what you might have expected.
    They motion for the far door and through it walks a fairly handsome human teenager. He isn't wearing the typical garb of a jedi, and seems to walk with an air of cockyness that doesn't seem typically jedi either. He wears a broad sword on his left hip and what seems to be a heavy blaster pistol in the small of his back. Master Vrook begins to speak.


    "We understand that this may seem inappropriate, but we believe you are the perfect person for this particular assignment. Arick here is a former padawan who left the order a few years ago. He has returned to us in order to rejoin, but we are unsure if that's such a good idea as of yet. Therefore we have decided to assign him to your custody. You are an amazing gauge of the code, and hopefully you may rub off on him. The two of you, once you are aquainted with eachother will investigate the disappearance of Odin Cthul and his young daughter Tipani. We have reports that Daxter Cthul is out looking for them, but has been unsuccessful as of yet. When the Sith came to Dantooine they were very interested in the two of them, and we need to know why. I would start with trying to track down Daxter first and see what he has found. He was last known to be headed to Taris. Go now, and may the force be with you."

    Once you are out of earshot Arick whispers.

    "Doesn't seem like much has changed around here, though they may be looking up now."

    He eyes you with a slight grin.


    TAG: Axia
  13. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 8, 2005
    star 3
    Sha Jital

    Sha holds out her hand. "It is good to meet you Arick, I am pleased that you have found your way back to us." I'm surprised I was assigned a padawan so quickly. I thought it would be a couple of years before that happened but I have faith in the council.
  14. KleptoKlown Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 5, 2004
    star 2
    Sha


    Arick takes your hand and kisses it.


    "Believe me, the pleasure is all mine. And it's good to be back."


    He releases your hand and gives you that same little grin.


    "On our way to Taris eh? Well... your starship or mine?"


    He continues with that cocky little walk on his way toward the hangars.
  15. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 8, 2005
    star 3
    Sha

    Sha is stunned by this young man's behavior and is just starring at the back of her hand for a moment as if it belonged to someone else. I have earned this right, I will be respected. Sha drops her hand and says two words and puts as much authority into her voice as possible. "Padawan...Arick."
  16. KleptoKlown Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 5, 2004
    star 2
    Sha


    Arick stops mid-stride and just freezes for a moment. He then stiffens up and very militarily about-faces and stands at attention.


    "Forgive me... Master. That was of course inappropriate behavior. It won't happen again."


    Looking in his eyes you can still see the same sparkle of cockiness, with maybe a bit of disappointment, but everything else about his stance and posture is completely rigid.


    "Shall we be on our way to begin our mission, Master?"
  17. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 8, 2005
    star 3
    Sha Jital nodds. "Think noting of it. Yes. Let us proceed."
  18. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Aug 27, 2003
    star 4
  19. KleptoKlown Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Sep 5, 2004
    star 2
    Daxter

    You win initiative, you go first. The barabel is not quite within range with just one move action.





    Sha

    Arick then proceeds to walk with you to the hanger and is fairly quiet. When you reach the hanger you notice a ship that wasn't there last time you were here. It is essentially a Sith Transport, but something about the way it looks gives you the impression it's not just a normal transport. Arick notices you looking.

    "Master, I thought that maybe since Taris is Sith controlled it would be best for us to go incognito. The final say is obveously yours, but I thought this would save us some unnecessary trouble." Arick starts to head towards the ship. "I've also got some uniforms on board for when we make planetside."
  20. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 8, 2005
    star 3
    Sha

    Sha carefuly considers Arick's argument. "Your points are well-founded. We will take your transport to Taris considering the climate there. If our investigation takes us elsewhere we should return here for a transport that is more neutral." Sha begins to board the transport.
  21. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Aug 27, 2003
    star 4
    d20 5 + 11 = 16 with unarmed melee attack.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby