main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars: In Concert - Honda Center, Anaheim - October 1st/2nd 2009

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Star Wars: In Concert

Wow! This sounds amazing! Tickets go on sale on August 2nd via ticketmaster. Keep yer eyes peeled for pre-sale opportunities, maybe via Hyperspace, AMEX or Citibank.

"Star Wars: In Concert, a unique multi-media event featuring music from all six of John Williams' epic Star Wars scores, begins its worldwide arena tour on October 1st & 2nd 2009 at Honda Center in Anaheim, California.

Narrated live by Anthony Daniels (the actor who portrayed C-3PO in all six films), the production features a full symphony orchestra and choir, accompanied by specially edited footage from the films displayed on a three-story-tall, high-definition LED super-screen -- one of the largest ever put on tour. The live music and film elements are synchronized in order to create a full multi-media, one-of-kind Star Wars experience."

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Just checked out the official website and ticket master. Tickets are $35 - $85 depending on seats. We're so there for this as this looks pretty awesome indeed! Here's the official site, go here now: http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

3. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    You guys beat me to the punch. Let's get organized so we can all go as one massive group. I'm even asking the LUNners in our group to get the other LU.N peeps to come with.

4. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    YEOW! Coolness! [face_dancing]

Okay, now THAT I'm saving for!

5. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Oooooohhhh....

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Minus the orchestra, they had a couple of songs with film clips strung together playing at the SW Pavilion at Comic-Con. It sounds like the same type of thing, just not nearly as big!! The few they did looked really cool!

As terrific as this sounds, I don't think I'll be able to make it. October is getting to be too busy for my budget. I hope some of you get to go so you can share!

7. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Okay folks, this looks pretty awesome indeed! Thanks again Stuart for the find!

Tickets go on sale this Sunday August 2nd.

That said, I know there's been some talk of who may be going to this off the boards. Let's make it official and post it whose going or who wants to go.

LB Comic Con is Oct 2nd-4th, which means we're going to the OCT 1st show on Thursday night. It would be great if we could all go together as a group on that night. So if you're going, please plan for that night so we can all meet up and get pics together and stuff!

Please Post whose going to this:

Mike + Wifey

8. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Maybe you should wait and see who actually is able to get tickets. If it's like other things, it might sell out quickly. If we are able to get tickets, we'll probably go by ourselves and just meet up there.

9. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I don't see this selling out, I could be wrong about that ofcourse. I posted this to kinda get an idea of who is going for sure and or who wants to go...pending the show isn't sold out. :)

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    As cool as it will be, please count me out. I've got to really cut back on my expenses this year.

11. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    AMEX cardholders can get tickets now.

I might go, but we're off to San Fran next mth then Vegas in Sep then we are going away for our anniv in Oct so might have to miss it.

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Well, crud! They're asking for costumed volunteers from the RL and 501st for this event over on those two boards. Not sure yet what the expectations will be. I might end up going after all... who knows!

13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
  14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It's very tempting. Want, want, want. I know I shouldn't, though.

15. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Going to concert on October 7 or 8..

In addition, those who have an AMEX card can buy the tickets now.

16. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    Tickets go on sale at 10 am today
    ticketmaster.com

17. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    Purchased tickets to the October 8th show at
    LA Live - can not wait!

18. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to be going to this after all. Hope you guys have fun.

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Same here, Debbie. As much as I want to go, I just don't see it happening.

20. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Same here as well. I've got too many other priorities at the moment. As totally cool as this looks, we're not going to make it. If we didn't have John Williams, we'd go. We'll see about next year.

21. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I soooo wish I could go, but I have classes.... & a lack of money (I might be able to afford the cheapest seats)... & a lack of transportation....

Have you seen some of the packages from TicketMaster? A couple of them look cool, ok... AMAZING!. For example:

The Meet & Greet Package for $403 gets you:

Very cool package (a major understatement of course!), but even the cheap seats, (which a friend looked into for me as a gift & couldn't even find the seats they were gonna be getting on the seat chart!!!) are impossible for me because I have class (which I really don't mind blowing off...) & absolutely no way to get there & back.

The $303 Platinum Package gets:

Both of these packages look amazing & if I had the money, & the transportation, I would determinately buy either one of these packages in a heartbeat & skip class if I had to (who needs math anyway? lol! just kidding.)

EDIT: I do not encourage, or condone skipping class for any reason what-so-ever! (the only exceptions being: family emergencies, or health issues)

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I totally condone skipping class! Not all the time or on a regular basis, but sometimes there are opportunities that won't come around again. On the average, you can make up a homework assignment here or there.

I took Matthew out of school so we could attend the midnight openings for Episode 1, 2 and 3. The teachers all knew why he was out (and laughed at us) and he got unexcused for those days, however, we've got some great memories.

May I recommend balance.

23. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Skipping class is no big deal if you know what you're doing. I had a 3.97 in college, one A- and one B total, but I skipped plenty of classes. One term alone, when I took 20 credits, I skipped about 100 to 125 hours of class in 10 weeks. I skipped more class than some people took, but I still got a 4.0. If the class is too easy, it's a waste of your time even going, lol.

I just wanted to say I'm from the L.A. Fan Force and if anyone is going to the event on the 8th, which it looks like the first poster is, it'd be cool to say hello or at least I'll give you a shout out and say have fun!

I sprung for the VIP package, it was like $450, but the meet and greet and all of that, it's a really rare opportunity and I love Star Wars, so it's one of the few things I've bought lately that was a big luxury ticket, lol. I just think it'll be a great experience and worthwhile! I cannot wait.

It's definitely a fun week for Star Wars for me, with Clone Wars Season 2 upcoming, the Star Wars in Concert event, etc. Good times!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.