Star Wars in Concert Returns to the UK in 2010

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Today's Mail on Sunday had a full-page ad for the return of Star Wars in Concert to the UK. Tour Dates are in March and April. Cities are Liverpool, Sheffield, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, London, and Newcastle. The official site for the show is here.

For those in the London area, the dates are Easter Weekend - April 3 & 4, at the O2. Showtimes are 1:30 and 6:30 PM and tickets can be booked on the O2 site here.

I'd like to go to this - it's just a real long haul from my area and since it's a holiday weekend there's no guarantee that there won't be train outages due to maintenance.
  2. I_AM_GEEK Jedi Master

star 4
    I got tickets for the Glasgow date, should be good.
  3. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I saw it when it was at the O2 originally. The music was nice, but for me the video added nothing. Anthony Daniels pompous. Would've been better off going to see a performance of the music in a proper symphony hall.
  4. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    My mum saw an advert for this on the TV and said that the tickets will be my Christmas present.[face_plain] Ever since I saw Video Games Live two years ago I have been hooked on live music so I can't wait to see this.

I was supposed to go to the one at the O2 this year but by the time we got around to ordering the tickets they had already sold out. :(
  5. khabarakh23 Jedi Master

star 4
    I was way back in the nose-bleeds at the first time round in the O2. It was good fun though I agree with Everton, a proper concert hall would be a more appropriate venue.
  6. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Easter weekend? Aw, will miss it again. *sadface* Might do Paris instead if I can get a relatively cheap Eurostar ticket.
  7. psyence53 Jedi Padawan

I'm going. I'm clueless as to HOW I didn't hear about it last year! Oh well. Now's my chance. Even though I've recently declared retirement from gigs. Still, it's an orchestra, so it doesn't count, and I can't retire without seeing a concert like this. Plus, Revenge of the Sith is the only film I've seen on a big screen, so a few clips from the rest will be appreciated.
  8. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I enjoyed the show last time it was on.
    Viewing the screen was pretty easier even when seated in side rows and the orchestra as always were great.
  9. Darth Scourge Force Ghost

star 4
    Very impressive show. Orchestra was great, Daniels was entertaining as always, and the light show & the big screens were awesome.
    Merchandise is very expensive though, as expected.
  10. A-Null Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I went to this first time round but will miss it this time as I am away for Easter :(

Was excellent when I went and took my wife. She isn't a SW fan but even she enjoyed it! She liked the exhibit too. Up close to Yoda was cool!

Agree the the merchandise was expensive. I bought a pack of program, fridge magnet and t-shirt (the Vader face made up instruments) and was about £25 or something...worth it however!
  11. Darth Scourge Force Ghost

star 4
    Merchandise prices this time around are along these lines:

Program: £20
    Hoodie: £40
    Long sleeve shirt: £30
    T-Shirt: £20
    Hat: £20
    Lightsabre & lanyard: £12
    Magnet set: £10
    Mug: £10

...and so on.

12. fizzbin Force Ghost

star 1
    Reminder for anyone going to this concert, the Jubilee Line is not running at all this weekend, so make other arrangements.

If going via Stratford, although there is a rail replacement service, it may be easiest to take the 108 bus from Stratford Bus Station to the O2.
  13. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    After hearing about all the rail maintenance planned for this weekend I was glad I didn't plan on going to this even though I'm disappointed to miss it. (Why did it have to be Easter weekend?) Since I'm out near Heathrow I'd have to make a few connections with train and tube and I just knew at least one wouldn't be running. I hope those going have a good time!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.