Sac, CA Star Wars in Concert

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Bith_Lord, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    LOS ANGELES - A worldwide "Star Wars" concert tour will hyperdrive across the planet.

"Star Wars in Concert" will feature a symphony orchestra and choir performing composer John Williams' music from the six "Star Wars" films. C-3P0 actor Anthony Daniels will narrate, accompanied by a three-story-tall high-definition screen displaying movie footage synchronized to live music.

Organizers plan to land the tour in several North American cities before embarking on a global journey. "Star Wars in Concert" will launch at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., on Oct. 1, and make stops in Phoenix, Los Angeles, Sacramento; San Jose, Calif.; Seattle; Portland; Tulsa, Okla.; and Oklahoma City. Other cities will be announced later.
  2. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. PatttyB0123 RSA Latin America

Manager
    star 6
    Do you know how much? :confused:

My husband is willing to go, because is a concert. :p
  4. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
  5. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oct 10th???? That's my fiance's birthday. We'll have to see about that.
  6. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    ***Off the topic***

FIANCE???? TELL US THE DETAILS!!! WE ARE DYING TO KNOW!!!
  7. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh I like the way he just slipped that in there, very casually! :D
  8. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, like all us gals don't want to know EVERY, SINGLE detail!!!! :D

**EDIT** And I'm with you all...Chris and I are totally at this event!!
  9. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    All I know is it was supposed to involve a dive, a shell, and a question asked in San Diego. :)
  10. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I thought so too, but I also thought I saw him post that she didn't get certified in time. So we'll see what he came up with!

Back to the concert, tickets for Arco go on sale Aug. 1 and I've heard prices will be around $35 to $75. I'm not sure if that's for Arco or another venue. There will be a Friday night performance and a Saturday matinee.
  11. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    Count me in on this one too! This should be fantastic!
  12. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Aug 1 doesn't leave us much time to organize...are we going to try to all go together, or should we all just do an "every Rogue for him/herself" for the tickets and we'll meet up before hand for dinner??? And then maybe afterwards for drinks and discussion?? [face_thinking]
  13. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it would be great if we could all get seats close to each other as a group, but I know I'd have to buy tickets online and I might be bringing a couple of people outside of the group too. Plus, whats everyones budget range? Also, we would need to figure out everyones show preference, Friday night or Sat matinee. Since its not until Oct, I could swing time off for it if everyone decides to go to the Friday night show. All in all, I'm down, and while it would be sweet to sit together, we can always tailgate or whatever before and after the show!

~DZ
  14. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    My Wifey-2-B wants to go on her B-day, so, we'll be going on the 10th. Hope you all can make it on this day. We're shooting for the $75 since it's a special day & all.
  15. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Rogues,

Pulled this information from the ARCO Arena site:

Star Wars In Concert
    When:
    Friday, October 9, 2009
    8:00PM
    Saturday, October 10, 2009
    3:00PM
    Where:
    ARCO Arena
    Ticket Information:
    Tickets on sale: Saturday, August 1, 2009 10:00AM
    $75, $55, $35 (Price includes $2.50 fee)
    Parking info:
    $12 - Toll Plazas Open 2 Hours Before Start of Show
    Promoter:
    Another Planet Entertainment, in association with Lucasfilm Ltd.
    Doors open:
    One Hour Before Show Starts

~DZ
  16. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was looking at the Ticketmaster web site and there appears to also be a $12.80/per ticket "convenience" fee added. They had prices listed, for example, $52.50 per ticket plus the $12.80.
  17. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Always cheaper going straight to the source! Arco isn't to far from us so, we're gonna go get our tickets this weekend for Sat Oct. 10th. Can't wait to most of you Rogues @ the next meeting- it feels like it's been a age since-

Vos
  18. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Looks like you guys will be getting it the day before we do. We're working with the coordinator of the HP Pavillion for group tix, although some people already bought tix through American Express.

As of now, no free tickets for costumed volunteers, but we hope to get more info today or tomorrow.

And congrats, Myke and Kimmie!

=D=
  19. darthmetalhead2 Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm assuming that John Williams the master himself will not be there for this engagement?

Alex
  20. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Taken from the Another Planet Entertainment Website:

Narrated live by Anthony Daniels (the actor who portrayed C-3PO in all six films), the production features a full symphony orchestra and choir, accompanied by specially edited footage from the films displayed on a three-story-tall, high-definition LED super-screen - one of the largest ever put on tour. The live music and film elements are synchronized in order to create a full multi-media, one-of-kind Star Wars experience.

"We've taken the key themes from the music and cut together all the images that fit with each theme, so you can really get a sense of how the music played into the images," said George Lucas, creator of the Star Wars Saga. "The whole soundtrack is a testament to John Williams' creativity and his extraordinary ability to enhance the emotional aspects of the films."

"Creating the music for the Star Wars films has been an exciting and wonderful experience for me, and I therefore have derived particular pleasure in assembling a compendium of themes from all of the films to be presented in Star Wars in Concert," said Williams. "The editors at Lucasfilm have created original film montages to accompany each of the musical selections, and in the process, I believe that a singular and unique Star Wars experience has been born."

Williams is quoted from the Concert's eponymous website, which leaves it vaguely possible that he may or may not be there. My assumption is that he is not normally at (all) the performances - if your money is riding solely on his presence, then I'd save your dollars and pass on going. It certainly sounds neat, though.
  21. darthmetalhead2 Jedi Master

star 1
    Thank You T.J.

I do understand..it would be great to see a live performance of Star Wars..but there is that special something to see John Williams up on stage..I miss him being the Boston Pops conductor as well. Meeting the likes of composers such as John Williams, James Horner, Jerry Goldsmith (even though he's no longer with us) would be a dream. I know this is probably a once in a lifetime event but I must confess I would only go if I knew John was there.
  22. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    John Williams plays every September at the Hollywood Bowl. When I went a few years ago, it was awesome hearing him conduct the Main Theme and other tracks. But at the same time, this concert in October is going to be more than a concert - it will be an EXPERIENCE not to be missed!

Now, if Williams was conducting the London Symphony Orchestra, then that would be a different story....

;)
  23. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Certainly sounds like it could be fun. I'll probably pass, if only because I've got lots of stuff going on right now. School in a couple weeks, other conventions and events to prepare for, switching apartments, the list goes on and on.

-TJ
  24. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I got tickets for the Saturday performance. Hopefully some other people will come Saturday too and we can get dinner afterward.
  25. PatttyB0123 RSA Latin America

Manager
    star 6
    I got also the tickets for Saturday, the only thing that I was not happy was the options.

I could not find a discount for kids. :( I e-mailed them to know if any discounts 13 years. When I printed out the tickets came out adults. [face_plain]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.