main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Star Wars in Concert

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Bith_Lord, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Sounds like most people will be getting tickets for Saturday, which is the show I was going to buy tickets for. It would be cool to try and meet up before and/or after the show too! This should be a really fun concert and can't wait to see what items from the movies they will have on display too!

Just curious, anyone thinking of going in costume?

~DZ

2. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    The Rebel Legion and 501st will be there in costume although I think they may change before the concert starts. If I wear one it will be for volunteering with RL. I'm just afraid if I volunteer I'll miss out on taking in all the cool exhibits!

3. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Earl and I are going to attend on Saturday and are picking up our tickets next Monday when we get back. Leia, maybe don't volunteer this time and see the cool exhibits. You will have many other opportunities to dress. This is the weekend before Earls birthday so was thinking we could do dinner or drinks afterwards. ;)

4. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Don't know if I'm gonna volunteer(think I'm done with that for a while), but, I might just go in costume for the fun of it. The Eagle(96.9) is giving tickets away through a texting contest. The winner gets 2 free tickets & a chance to meet w/ the conductor & Anthony Daniels. The guy promoting this was also on some talk radio show that I had a chance to overhear while in the repair dept at wk.

Vos

5. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    I was thinking of volunteering on Friday IF they give free parking and then attending on Saturday in my normal clothes so I can enjoy the exhibits and concert with friends!

Myke, I don't blame you, you've been doing a lot of volunteering, plus it's Kimmie's special day.

6. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Due to it being my sexy little fiance's special day, we got our tickets on Saturday after the meeting. We got really good seating I hope. We are in section: 101 row: K seats: 19 & 20 (aisle seats between 101 & 102 - about mid center of to the rightish). Still debating if I'm gonna go in costume or not, definitly "not" gonna volunteer(still recovering from SDCC & have the Land Beyond show in Sept.).

Vos

7. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    We are in section 104 row K seats 1 & 2 on the aisle by 105. So we won't be to far from you. Glad you got your tickets. I find that we get a better selection when we go to the Arena to purchase rather than going on-line, plus you save all of the fees. It would have cost you an extra $12.50 to buy online. :(

8. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I ended up getting my tickets at the arena too rather then pay the $12.80 per ticket convenience charge. My wife Viki and I are in section 124 row X seats 1 and 2, so looks like we may all be close by each other! Can't wait for this!

~DZ

9. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    We're in 123. We're all in the same area, which is cool.

10. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Did you guys get group discount tickets for Star Wars clubs offered to you like we did?

11. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    Most of us are doing our own thing. The 501st was looking into group discounts, but at Arco they required 20 people and only one person to do the actual purchasing. That hassle was hardly worth a $5 discount. A lot of us are finding ways to eliminate the over $12 Ticketmaster fee!

12. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Wow. Really? At San Jose they required a minimum of 15 and that was a combined number from Fan Force, Rebel Legion and 501st members, so it was easy to get that number. And we didn't need to have one person to buy the tickets, only if you wanted to sit together. We also got to choose which price range we wanted ($75, $55, or $35) and they had 100 seats in each range for us. All we needed to do was give them a unique group name so they'd know it was for our specific groups.

13. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I have a question about the concert.

Can we bring a camera or none?:confused: I think I read something that cameras were not allow, but now I could not find that rule. [face_hypnotized]

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Not sure. I will be bringing my camera just in case, and besides, my phone has a pretty good camera on it ;)

15. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I will be call them.;)

My family and me will be in row G 15-17. 8-}

16. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    We all need to start thinking about where we would like to eat after the concert to celebrate a few birthdays, So everyone put on their thinking caps and lets find somewhere.

17. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Applebee's is having their 2 for $20 deal. Appetizer, dinner, dessert for $20. here is the link for the meals available under the special.:)

http://www.applebees.com/2for20.aspx

It would leave more dollars for a drink or two. Just a thought and not to far from the Arena.

18. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    My mind is blown from work but roughly what time do you think we'll be moseying on to the dinnerplace?

19. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Concert begins at 3:00 so probably by 5:30 or 6:00 once we get through traffic to where we want to go is what I figure. I am not sure how much I will be able to join and just want to make sure I make it to the concert. I have been home for 4 days in bed with flu. Am not feeling to well right now.

20. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I hear ya Nas... I've been feeling like a cold's been knocking on my door and I've been battling it off with airborne and zicam.

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Just got home from it ...... WOW!!!!! You all will have lots of fun. Don't forget your wallets .... the merchandise is expensive but the 3D poster and Program was worth the $50. Saw you Tina :)

22. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    I must have missed you, but there were a lot of people there. For dinner we may even want to consider some place that doesn't require you to be in the right lane on Truxel! I left 30 minutes after the show ended and it was still stop and go all the way down Truxel to the freeway.

23. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Kimmie had a blast & was well entertained. A bit overpriced, but, wouldn't expect any less. I expected better & more displays, but, placing them on vendor/walkway area didn't give a lot of room. There were a few in costume as fans, mostly just the 501st though. We would go again if it came around.
    She got the Cantina T & I got a program.

[image=http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/Jedi_Diver/Star%20Wars%20in%20Concert/StarWarsinConcert018.jpg]
    [image=http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/Jedi_Diver/Star%20Wars%20in%20Concert/StarWarsinConcert018.jpg]
    [image=http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/Jedi_Diver/Star%20Wars%20in%20Concert/StarWarsinConcert026.jpg]
    [image=http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/Jedi_Diver/Star%20Wars%20in%20Concert/StarWarsinConcert073.jpg]
    [image=http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/Jedi_Diver/Star%20Wars%20in%20Concert/StarWarsinConcert076.jpg]
    [image=http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/Jedi_Diver/Star%20Wars%20in%20Concert/StarWarsinConcert077.jpg]
    [image=http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/Jedi_Diver/Star%20Wars%20in%20Concert/StarWarsinConcert077.jpg]

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/Jedi_Diver/Star%20Wars%20in%20Concert/

Vos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.