Mass Star Wars in Concert

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by rpvee, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpvee Jedi Master

star 3
    The touring concert is going to be in Providence, RI in mid November! It's awesome - a full orchestra and choir performing the most famous Star Wars pieces, with the biggest HD screen ever brought on tour by anyone playing scenes from the films that match cut-by-cut with the music, along with lights and lasers everywhere. The thing is also narrated by Anthony Daniels, C3PO himself! Also traveling with the show is an exhibit full of props and costumes from the films.

Since it's right beofr SMF, it would not only be a once-in-a-lifetime, incredible event, but also a good time to get together and finalize any SMF plans we may have, if we will even have any.

Thoughts?
  2. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    when did they announce Providence? I just took a look at the site and it will be in Manchester, NH on the 12th and that is the last date announced.
  3. rpvee Jedi Master

star 3
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/Star-Wars-In-Concert-tickets/artist/1344151
  4. chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    that is interesting. the website doesn't have it listed which is odd, but what the heck if ticketmaster has it listed then it must be true. I would hate to try an order tickets and find out the show does not exist.
  5. Hunter_Venal Jedi Youngling

Me too especiall for something as awsome as this right
  6. Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master

star 4
    They just announced two shows in Boston as well.
  7. rpvee Jedi Master

star 3
    So what do you guys think?
  8. Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would like to go to this ! Boston is easier for me to go to. What are the ticket prices?
  9. VaderCaedus Jedi Youngling

My wife and I just got tickets to the Boston show, including early admission to the exhibit and floor seating. I'm so freakin' excited about it...
  10. rpvee Jedi Master

star 3
    So who's going to this?
  11. BIEREN Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm going w/ girlfriend. The show's promoters gave me front row tickets at the Boston art show last week, for what reason- I can't imagine.
    I don't mean to brag, but who else can i tell but the M.I.S.
  12. Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master

star 4
    I ended up having plans and can't make it to the Boston show, but I'm going up to the Manchester show Thursday night. Nice score on the free front row seats!
  13. Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master

star 4
    Amazing show!!! I think those of you going to the Boston show are going to love it! A minor spoiler, but it behooves you to know, there is an encore, so don't leave when the show seems like it's over.
  14. SaberJedi2 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be at the 8...well I'll be there well before to see the exhibit!!

I CANNOT WAIT
  15. Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master

star 4
    Good idea getting there early, the exhibits were very cool!
  16. JediTrilobite Jedi Master

star 7
    Get there early, there will be lots of people. I'll be there in armor.
  17. CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master

star 4
    For anyone who's interested, I have seen this production twice in California, and I
    can not emphasize enough the quality of this show. This is the real thing. This is a
    full symphony orchestra playing in synch to images on some of the largest HD screens
    ever taken on tour. It is absolutely astonishing. The only thing more numbing than the
    production is the shattering applause. I have not read a review yet that has done justice
    to this experience. If you are having any second thoughts of witnessing this spectacle,
    please don't. It is everything it's said to be, and more.

Minor spoiler: The destruction of the Death Star... WOW!:eek:
  18. rpvee Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm going!!!!!! I can't wait!!!
  19. rpvee Jedi Master

star 3
    It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Wildstar02301 Jedi Master

star 4
    It was, rpvee...my brother surprised me w/ tickets to the 8:00 show @ the Garden last night as an early Xmas gift. :D
  21. Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master

star 4
    What a great early gift Wildstar! And did I read it was your first event at the new Garden? What did you think of the facility?

I LOVED this show!! Two things I wish they would have added...

1. The scene where Obi-Wan gives Luke his father's light saber from ANH and they flash to Anakin fighting on Geonosis (which I thought was a great decision) I would have liked a very quick flash of Obi-Wan picking up the weapon on Mustafaar. Maybe it was too obvious to do that, but I would have liked to have seen it regardless.

2. The scene where Vader is redeemed in ROTJ.. I think it would have been cool for a flashback of Anakin watching the Emperor and Mace fighting, just before he decided to side with the Emperor and cut off Mace's arm. They were doing a lot of flashback type scenes anyway, would have been cool to see his thoughts while in the process of making another life changing choice.

Just a couple of things that personally would have been cool to see, but I absolutely was knocked over by this show, what an amazing experience!!
  22. SaberJedi2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, freakin' awesome! Anthony Daniels was great. The music was INCREDIBLE. The effects/lights were perfect.

I'm sad that I only saw it once!
  23. Wildstar02301 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dogfish, the building was OK, but my heart kind of belongs to the old Boston Garden...the Celtics' championship banners just looked more intimidating in the old building.

Something I was hoping to hear but didn't was the piece titled "Into the Trap" on the RotJ soundtrack...that is a personal favorite bit of SW music.
  24. blockaderunner Jedi Youngling

I'm going Friday in New Jersey. What is the schedule? My ticket says 7:30, does the show start then or do we get an hour to look at the props and costumes?
  25. Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master

star 4
    If it doesn't indicate what time the doors open for the show call the venue and ask. If you get there right when the doors open you should have plenty of time to see the exhibits.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.