SNG Star Wars in Newspapers and/or Magazines

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InCogNiToFan Jedi Youngling

"Contest: The Greatest Moments
    (Vote for your fav moment and Win R2D2 projector clock by M&M.. I like that!) "

Just saw the prizes:
    1) Limited edition R2D2 projector clock by M&M
    2) An exclusive pair to SW EP3 Charity Premiere Ticket
    3) Star Wars movie posters and comic books

Haha missed the fine print: Charity Premiere Ticket, some more, a pair!

Call 1900-914-0801 (Each call costs 20 Cents). Voting ends Saturday 11 pm.

The favourite moments:
    Moment 1: The Swing to Freedom (Ep IV: ROTJ)
    Who can forget Princess Leia in her comely bikini swinging to safety with her rescuer, Luke Skywalker, from Jabba's sail barge to a skiff.

Moment 2: The Duel of Fates (Ep I: TPM)
    Some say the pod race scene was the best thing about the Phantom Menace, but many more will agree that Sith Lord Darth Maul's battle with Qui-Gon jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi amounts to one of the best fight scenes in Star Wars history.

Moment 3: The Declaration of Love (Ep V: ESB)
    Arguably the most memorable dialogue the galaxy's ever heard happens when Han Solo was about to be dropped into the carbon freezing chamber.

His 'death' imminent, Princess Leia expresses her feelings with "I love you". Han Solo's response? "I know"

Moment 4: Yoda Fights (Ep II: AOTC)
    Thanks to the wonders of computer graphics, we finally see 900-year-old Yoda show some of his Jedi moves.

The old man drops his walking stick, pulls out his lightsaber and shows Count Dooku that he is no pushover - making this one of the most anticipated moments ever in Star Wars

Moment 5: I Am Your Father (Ep V: ESB)
    One of the most dramatic scenes in the Star Wars series must surely be when, in effort to lure Luke Skywalker to the Dark Side, Darth Vader drops a bombshell by telling the jedi: "I am your father." Yes, daddy's the baddie.

Moment 6: The Trench Run (Ep IV: ANH)
    The scene where Darth Vader chases Luke Skywalker down a narrow canyon in his TIE figther - only to have the young Jedi use the Force to destroy the Death Star - goes down in history as possibly the best deep-space battle recorded on film.

Note: I am promoting the 1900 call but I believe not all of you read the New Paper....

Buy me a drink if you do win.. for my effort? ;)
  2. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Those 6 moments you wrote are from the New Paper? I have the paper myself but I'm not reading it yet for fear of spoilers.

:)
  3. wmgan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I wonder... how will they select the winner? Lucky draw?
  4. InCogNiToFan Jedi Youngling

Yes JaZzy, I copied the moments as written word by word.
  5. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks! They may select one person out of those who voted for the moment which got the most votes.
  6. padawan_princess Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey, InCogNiToFan, thanks for all the info. Now I can selectively read the paper...avoiding the you-know-whats. Wonder which moment people will vote for in the contest? I'm thinking moment #5--"I am your Father..."
  7. jollyskeleton Jedi Youngling

Yoda has the best moment
  8. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, I voted for both the Yoda fight, and Vader's I am your father. I don't really feel lucky though.

:p
  9. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    anyone wants to go on a star wars crusade to beat up tan dawn wei?? i'm all on for it. she must pay for BLASPHEMY!!
  10. Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I dunno if this counts, but the FOXTROT (I think) comic strip in Life nowadays are StarWars related. Humor, average though.
  11. padawan_princess Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah, I've been reading them too, very funny...like Jason getting stuck his Darth Vader helmet. lol
  12. aanakin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    There is the '8 days' magazine which cover pages have Princess Leia and...(i forgot). I'm not too sure of it or maybe it's another magazine?
  13. JediJean Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Check out today's newspapers, The Straits Times, Home section, page 7... apparently, some people got their pic in the paper with the President :)
  14. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    eh guys some of us made a few seconds on Suria's news reporting on the charity premiere. Watch out for channel five news next!!
  15. Darth_Eagle Jedi Master

star 4
    Arrrrhhh!!! Must catch the 11.30pm repeat telecast on Suria.

For TCS5, I didn't hear it nor my brother call out for me. ?[face_plain]

Oh! 8Days got 4 different covers
    - Anakin
    - Yoda
    - Princess Leia (ANH)
    - Queen Amidala (TPM)

And if you get it from Cineleisure this weekend(?) can get goodies bag. :p Haahaa, why do I sense some of us will be in costumes lining up at Cineleisure to get the goodies bag? ;)
  16. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ha, what time this weekend? Maybe we can stop by at Cineleisure during our Parade and then collect the goodie bag.

:D
  17. Darth_Eagle Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm....it's part of the M&M Star Wars Carnival so should start at 12pm and end at 9pm.

Buy a copy of 8 DAYS at the M&M's Star Wars Carnival & get FREE Star Wars Episode III collectibles.

Come & celebrate the Star Wars craze with 8 DAYS at the M&M's Star Wars Carnival this weekend! There's a host of activities planned, guaranteed to create fun & excitment for all Star Wars fans out there! See you there!

So Cineleisure is one of the stops for our Costumes Parade tho' we can't take photos unless posing with the M&M Characters at the basement?

Oh! An interview with Reno is inside 8 Days too. Some answers are very naughty eh, Reno? ;)
  18. JediJean Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Arggghhhhh!!
    I was at 7-Eleven early this morning, how come I didn't notice any 8 Days there?!??
    OK ok, gotta check it out again at lunchtime today! :D
  19. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    almost the entire Life! section of today (May 18th) is devoted to Star Wars. Stand to win t-shirts too!

:)
  20. wmgan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The Life section comes in two covers - one with Anakin as a Jedi and the other as a hooded Sith apprentice. If you mail in both covers by noon today you stand to win limited edition T-shirts.
  21. Darth_Eagle Jedi Master

star 4
    What? :eek: Oh no! Must buy more newspaper and post at the Bookshop near my house since its cut-up time is around 2.45pm. ;)

But I still got a few things to finish up on my costume and stuffs to get in the afternoon before heading to GWC by 4.30pm.
  22. GetzJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    [image=http://img270.echo.cx/img270/8664/president4hv.jpg]
    Here's the picture from the Straits Times... Me as the Tie Fighter Pilot, Timothy as the Sandtrooper and Marcus as the Stormtrooper... A Moment of Honour for the 3 of us...
  23. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Timothy as in TK-625? Congrats to the 3 of you. :)
  24. xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Congrats Desmond ! Oh ya, that kid is at the wrong movie, it's Star Wars, not Spiderman. :p
  25. donleow Jedi Youngling

To those who have misse the newpaper exclusive review of starwars , pls refer to the following link which i have posted sometimes last week for our singapore fansite www.starwars.sg...

http://www.starwars.sg/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.