main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Star wars in Pop Culture" Star wars references in everyday life

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JM_1977, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    This thread is inspired by the segment on the Forcecast "Starwars in Pop Culture". Here you can post and discuss any Starwars references you see on TV, hear in music, etc.......

2. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    "Star Wars and Pop Culture" will be more appropriate name for a thread.
    I've noticed that Quinlan Vos said the line from Big Lebowski (Well, that's your opinion, man).
    And Mama the Hutt + hovercrafts riding through a swamp is a strong reference (and obvious) to the Southern United States.:)

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    You got it wrong Jolee- these are references TO Star Wars in non-SW related media not references IN Star Wars to another media like those references were.......

Well there is that Volkswagen-commercial with little boy wearing a Vadercostume and there is imperial march too - it makes me lol everytime[face_laugh]
    Ghosts of Mortis aired here last saturday and that advertisement was there during the break- damn it is so much better than the episode:p

4. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    Okay. One of the football commentators in my country is using slightly adjusted "May the Force be with you" line at the end of his commentary. "May the Force of football be with you".[face_laugh] Yes, he is SW fan (he even had a pic in his blog wielding a lightsaber).

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Uh, sounds like he got it right with "Star Wars in Pop Culture" to me, unless he just changed it and it was wrong before...

6. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    So I take it this thread gets the stamp of approval. :)

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Actually, I'd prefer not to have too many "general" SW threads.

There are other fora on the JC for stuff like this; I mean, if you want to put in the social thread or even the SW general discussion thread, that's fine, but we really are supposed to be about SW TV most. [face_peace]

8. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    OK that's fine my bad it's cool.[face_peace]:D

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Don't worry about it man it takes a while to understand how things are run here.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Indeed. But once you get used to it, it feels less arbitrary. :p

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Ummm... what are you talking about... i meant JoleeBee got the original idea wrong but his own proposal "Star Wars and pop culture" would allow both interpretetions..... reference to popculture in this series and reference to SW in another media......

or then i messed up prepositions:D - if so... sorry..... prepositions are just so odd, like "On the TV" and On the table" same words used but different meaning- if something that's 'on the TV' is not above the television itself (or do we use "the" only if something is physically above the tv-set?)..... i may sometimes mess those up- especially in/on/at or to/for.... sorry about that....

But i think i got it right if there is Quinlan Vos saying something, it is reference IN TCW TO something else- if there is someone mentioning Quinlan Vos in some TV-series it is reference TO Star Wars IN some another media..... is that so?

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.