Lit Star Wars: Inferno Squad (spoiler tags REQUIRED)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 17, 2017.

1. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Guys, it was the early stages of the NEU. There are bound to be minor inconsistencies. They pale in comparison to what we got in the old EU. I for one am willing to give TPTB more than a little rope on stuff like this.

--Adm. Nick
  2. JediKnight75 Jedi Master

star 4
    I definitely agree. Honestly, all things considered, the fact that the inconsistencies are small enough to be easily explainable is quite impressive. When it comes to keeping stories consistent the story group had exceeded all of my expectations.
    AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  3. Vialco Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    @Noash_Retrac

Don't let unhappy fans ruin a fandom for you. There will always be people who don't like things in fiction. Just focus on the things you do like and don't listen to negative opinions on the franchise you like.
    DARTH_MU likes this.
  4. Noash_Retrac Jedi Master

star 3

I do my best. Though sometimes it's overwhelming. I just refuse to abandon Star Wars because it's been there since I was 3.
  5. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
    Speaking for myself I wouldn't abandon a fandom unless fellow fans started to seriously personally attack me. And I mean serious, serious personal attack.

Then I would have to consider what kind of fan am I to be in such company? If my fellow fans for fandom such as this, then what am I doing in such a fandom?

The main reason I stopped being a fan of Star Trek. Things got very ugly when I was playing Starfleet Academy. Those were the days of HEAT, Kali, and BBS forums....
  6. Outsourced Jedi Padawan

star 1
    I just, you know, enjoy Star Wars.

That's kind of why i'm here.
  7. Yunzabit Jedi Knight

star 2
    You shouldn't stop being a fan of something just because a part of it was altered. I still like Dragonball and they raped it
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    It's going to be interesting to see more about Saw's Partisans. I'm hoping we get little snippets of the main Alliance in the book as well, plus it would be cool to see some of the tensions. Of course, the Partisans don't appear to fall in with the mainline Alliance post-Yavin, so they may have been increasingly isolated and irrelevant as the war progressed.

--Adm. Nick
  9. Vialco Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I kinda hope Saw's partisans share the same ignominious death that their leader suffered on Jedha. Those guys aren't heroes.
  10. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
    You can't have your cake and have it too. If you are against the Empire, then any forms of Resistance against it you should support.
  11. JediBatman Jedi Knight

star 3
    . . . You're trolling right? That's like saying anyone who's for animal rights/welfare MUST support PETA or the ALF in everything they do.
    Vialco, Senpezeco and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. Darth_Duck Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You can have your cake and eat it too. That's the point of the cake, to eat it.

And you can totally be against the Empire and not be in favour of Saw's tactics. The universe is full of nuance.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Darth Nave, Vthuil, Vialco and 5 others like this.
  13. JediKnight75 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's so untrue. People shouldn't sacrifice what they stand for, to defeat an enemy. Otherwise you just become what you're fighting against. Saw Gerrera's tactics were detestable, and the Rebel Alliance was right to distance themselves from him
    Vialco, Senpezeco, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  14. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 6

Please don't use needlessly inflammatory language to communicate a point that can be just as easily expressed with "ruined", or similar.
  15. ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight

star 3
    New image of the Inferno Squad :)

[IMG]
    Revanfan1, spicer, Daneira and 5 others like this.
  16. godisawesome Jedi Master

star 3
    Even from a practicable standpoint, rogue hostile elements are a liability to every belligerent. Even if they share your enemy, an army without a sane objective is just a bandit group in practice, sustaining itself and causing detaruction but failing to achieve any lasting peace. "Revenge" is only a military objective in a tactical sense; it's utterly useless in a strategic sense.
    JediBatman likes this.
  17. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, it's one of those parrot droid things! Did we know that was going to feature?
  18. DarkEagle Jedi Master

star 4
    New excerpt:)

It was in the first trailer- not sure if they've ever mentioned it though
  19. Stymi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I have no idea what are saying about audiobooks here. Can you elaborate?

Sent from my Moto X-Wing
  20. Axrendale Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Geez, poor Iden. It doesn't seem like Papa Versio went in for the 'warm and caring' school of being a dad. :(
  21. JediBatman Jedi Knight

star 3
    Frankly it would be more surprising if someone of the die hard, Death Star supporting, "peace and order, no matter how many bodies we have to step over to make it happen" Imperial school of thought WAS the cuddly sort of parent.
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. JediKnight75 Jedi Master

star 4
    I enjoyed that excerpt a lot. The more I see, the more excited I am for this book
    Daneira likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    He reminds me of Yage, which is always a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. Vialco Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Really? He reminds me of Gavar Khai. But maybe that's just because Golden writes all stern fathers the same way.
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. robotical712 Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Iden's father: “After careful evaluation, I have decided that the four of you represent the finest the Empire can field.”

Iden just happens to be one of those, hmm...