main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Inferno Squad

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm all about the Kindle now.

Well, the kindle and the occasional audiobook. I'm listening to the Secret Diary of Laura Palmer now.

2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I usually just bite the bullet and get it on Kindle and a hard copy. Because I'm a straight sucker.

Stymi and Axrendale like this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll see if the local Waterstones has it when it comes out. (They usually knock a couple of pounds off SW hardcovers when they first put them out). If not then I will go the Amazon UK route. I prefer a real book rather than an e-book.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Waterstones has it at £12.99 online and they price match themselves if you preorder in-store. So not bad. Especially as you can earn points and stamps for each £10 etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I have a kindle paperwhite. I forget which version.
    I also have a new Kobo Aura One. It is waterproof and have a bigger screen. Reads epub and mobis!

edit: For two years I have used amazon.com to subscribe to Asimovs. I stopped last year. Now I'm thinking of subscribing to a magazine again.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have had the same Kindle keyboard that I've had since 2011, just bought a new case for it. I'm hoping it lasts and that I don't have to go to the Generation 7 version that my sons have; typing titles into the search bar by sliding and clicking for every letter is a pain.

I can't think of the last time I bought a physical book for personal use, only for work.

And yeah, got the Kindle version of this one on pre-order.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Folks, tomorrow marks the start of the official early releases date due to SDCC. Consequently there might be spoilers that start emerging before the official release date for everyone else. SDCC copies are legit, and thus, fair game to discuss.

ALL spoilers must be tagged. Thanks for your cooperation.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll be up in town later in the week - I might ask in the local store if I remember.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Axrendale

Axrendale Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 4, 2017
    I'm torn. Generally speaking I dislike e-books (although I do have a Kindle app on my phone) but I've just discovered that the hard copy won't be available in Australia until August 15. :(

*sigh*

There are times when I really want to move back to the USA...

10. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I used to be a book only person but I got a kindle in 2012 I think because I was running out of storage room (mainly due to me owning most of the Legends books in paperback and all the Discworld books). Now I mostly buy Kindle books or second Hand books for cheap from my local second Hand bookshop and put them back in again when I'm done with them, with a few exceptions (like the YA Star Wars books) which I can only buy new in paperback.

One thing that I do like about the Kindle is that you can get books for cheaper too. On the Amazon Kindle Store New Star Wars books are 9.99 for a few months and then they drop to 4.99 when the paperback version comes out. With Inferno Squad though the book is already 4.99 so I have it on preorder.

11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    (speculation based on game info / latest book excerpt)

I'm assuming Seyn Marana doesn't make it to the end of the book, considering Inferno Squad in the game is Iden, Gideon Hask, and Del Meeko.

Axrendale likes this.
  12. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Keep scanning for Six Two. I don't want this to be a three man squad.

SilentGuy66 and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Nice. Resubscribe to Asimov's!

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

14. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    So little hype for this book on this board, it seems. I'm excited to get my copy this week! Hope discussion picks up.

15. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I finished my review copy last week, having powered through it in two days. I couldn't put it down, so I hope plenty of people get it! My review will go live on Tuesday.

tatooinesandworm, podjazd and SWpants like this.
  16. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Can't wait! It's going to be fun to see what mores the Versio's ascribe to.

17. Axrendale

Axrendale Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 4, 2017
    Thrilled to see that the people who've already had the chance to read it have had such a positive reaction!

I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase the e-book. Then I'll get the hard copy three weeks later. It won't be the first time the Star Wars franchise has caused me to double-dip, and I'm confident it won't be the last either.

18. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    I am really hyped for the audiobook, and I am very happy that people are having positive reactions so far!

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Finished the book in a single day, too. I'll have a lot to say on Tuesday. It was very good, particularly the character work.

Highly suggest reading this book completely unspoiled, FYI. Highly.

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I have to say, I'm relieved by the positive reactions I'm seeing here and elsewhere.

21. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I am also relieved by the positive reactions as I was a bit worried about this one. I would love to know how readers who really liked this book felt about Dark Disciple.

Vthuil likes this.
  22. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

I thought Dark Disciple was fine - possibly due to CW nostalgia - but it dragged a bit and I felt little by way of tension. Inferno Squad moves very quickly and has plenty of tense moments!

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'll probably listen to the audiobook which I found is a good way to get myself immersed into the universe.

24. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I love how immersive the audiobooks are! This one goes to another level because Janina Gavankar, who plays Iden in Battlefront 2, does the reading. Given her enthusiasm for the role, she'll probably do a great job.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh look.

My book store has my order early.

Off I go to to pick it up at lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk