main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Infinities

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GenMadine, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Have any of you read this? Interested in some commentary discussion on this. Just picked up the Trade Paperback. It looked so cool in the store, all these great possibilities, and the story was pretty lame. I liked certain aspects of it, but it seemed to me it flew by, not much detail, and missed out on the possibilities that the forum allowed. So much more could have been done - deeper plot threads, complete multiple story arcs, consequences for actions, etc. I did like how certain points, like Vader's redemption, Luke's training, Yoda's destiny, were maintained. Stating that you cannot change destiny, but you can decide how you get there. That was pretty interesting. Are they planning future issues of this series? Is there already a thread on this topic, and if so, can you supply a link?

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    It sucked the big one. Unfortunately, it also sold well, so you can look forward to Infinties: ESB in a few months...

3. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    The last word I heard on anything released from either LFL or DHC places the Infinities version of ESB as starting in July. Any of the creative team as well as even how many issues it will be is unknown (though I might guess 4 just going from I:ANH).

4. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    They changed creative teams right before it was supposed to be released, and again after #2 IIRC. No wonder it sucked. They should get someone like Harry Turtledove to write it. Or just let Peter David, who was the original writer, do it the way he wanted. He was axed because his version had a dark ending ....

wk

5. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    I just feel like I got played, you know. I am in the store, and I flip it open, and Han Solo is on Dagobah talking to Yoda. I think to myself - I have got to buy this. And it sucks! Do we know why it was so fluffy? Dark Empire was dark, it was creepy, it expanded on characters, and made us think. Infinities did none of that. Star by Star was an incredable piece of character writing. Why can't that translate to this infinites series. They can chalk it off to "one author's opinion" but then do another version of what happens when Luke misses the Death Star. Like a Star Wars Tales. 10 stories by 10 artists/writers (whatever) on what happens if Luke misses the kill shot on the Death Star. I haven't been this pissed since Children of the Jedi wasted my time.
    [edited for spelling errors]

6. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Furthermore, I spent 12 bucks on the thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.