main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars Infinity (Disney Infinity 3.0)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by StarWarsFreak93, May 5, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Nuts. So far I haven't found anyone on here who has the game on PS3. I'm always just playing solo.

2. DarthCoins

DarthCoins Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
    Geeez. Ive bought every single infinity Star Wars 3.0 figure. Then I'm at Target and see they have the same figures, except they light up? Guess I'll be buying those, too!

What does everyone think of the new playset? My wife and I finished it yesterday. It kinda had an abrupt ending, I thought. There also some serious camera issues, still, when playing cooperatively.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Starter pack is not available until January 7 for the Xbox 360. The oldest kiddo and I are anxious to play, we must not be alone in that. :p

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's frustrating being a solo player in the game [face_plain]. I wish the game was more multiplayer friendly, where you could visit a "public" place like the main toy box hub and it could act as a lobby where you could meet other players from all over. Maybe Infinity 4.0 will be like that.

5. Godzilla2099

Godzilla2099 Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2015
    I need some advice with Anakin. I can't decide what to put his pts on.

- Jedi Reflexes
    - Force Finisher
    - Sense your surroundings

I gave them all a try and all seem useful in their own way, but I'll need to sacrifice one of them.

Thanks

6. Godzilla2099

Godzilla2099 Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2015
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Anakin's skill tree is similar to Ahsoka's. I have her at level 20, and without question I wanted to make sure that I gave her "Jedi Reflexes" skill to automatically deflect blaster shots. Outside of that, it's up in the air. I like the Melee skills bridge, where you can delay the second tap of the attack button and unleash a special, more powerful move. I'm pretty sure they show a demo video for these melee moves.

8. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    My brother and I split the purchase for 3.0 for Xbox One a week ago and we have been having a blast. I even went ahead and order three more figures through my Disney Movie Rewards account so in the next week I should own Ahsoka, Anakin, Darth Vader, Han Solo, and Yoda. My birthday is coming up soon so I figured I would at least buy the rest of the PT and OT characters and playsets. I might even buy 3.0 digitally and a extra base so we can play on separate Xboxs because split screen gives me a headache (not kidding, I've had this problem for a few years now). I will get around to buying the Rebels and TFA stuff later, but for now I want to be sure I get my nostalgia out of the way.

EDIT: Damn, I should have bough 3.0 digitally when it was only $5 as part of a deal a while back!

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm content with the four figures I have (Ahsoka, Leia, Sabine, and Rey).

10. Godzilla2099

Godzilla2099 Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2015
    Not all the characters are completely leveled up. I own Anakin, Ahsoka, Darth Vader, and Sabine Wren. My best bud owns Darth Maul, Yoda, and Kylo Ren. Here are my favorites in order

Ahsoka: I wasn't her biggest fan in the show but she's easily my favorite in the game. She's easy to maneuver, hits fast, and I love her combos. Her dash + spinning salvation is splendidly lethal so I put pts on to that and her general melee. Ahsoka's Special looks cool and flashy, but I didn't find it completely useful so I sacrificed that when I made my build for her

Yoda: He's fast, small so he's tougher to hit, and he hits opponents all over the place. Every one of Yoda's Abilities is awesome. Overall, he's a fun character to play. I put him below Ahsoka because her speed and fury have far more control to it. Yoda is a little all over the place.

Sabine Wren: Her and Vader nearly tie this one. Sabine was the other character I had a blast playing. I put her above Vader because her moves are so unique. At the end of her melee combo she throws a detonator that sticks to the opponent and blows them up. Her Special is my favorite in the game. She drops several paint bombs and detonates them when you're ready. Finally, her ranged attacks which I focused on are no joke either. Again, not the biggest fan of her in the show, but I found absolutely no faults with this character.

Darth Vader: This guy is a tank. He hits really hard. Not only melee, his ranged attack also hits hard and knocks over several opponents at once. Finally, his force ability is deadly. I've force choked large frost giants to death on extreme difficulty like they were nothing. The problem is that he hits so hard most things die at the end of his combo so unless you play on extreme fighting larger opponents, don't expect to use it often Only faults people may find with him is that he's slow and I found his special ability very lacking. It doesn't hit that hard and makes little difference if you are in a crowd. However, his health, strength, ranged attacks, and force power more than compensate for those losses.

Anakin Skywalker: He's what I'd call the 'Golden Boy' of this game. The pros with this guy is that everything he has is practical. Speed is good, hits hard enough, and all his abilities are useful. I had a tough time deciding on his skill tree but ended up sacrificing his special. Its alright, but I found his other abilities better. He only ranks below the rest is because I didn't find him to be as unique compared to the others. Good character, but like I said, practical.

Kylo Wren: A good character. I like his melee combos, animation, and he and Sabine Wren have the best Special Abilities I tried so far. I placed over a dozen opponents and he froze nearly all of them! I wasn't as crazy about his force ability. Other than that, he's a good character.

Darth Maul: Maul was the only character I didn't enjoy playing in this game. His combos were unique, but I didn't enjoy them nor did they feel fluid enough. Also, his entire melee tree consisted of timed combos (which I barely use). Hesitate and you're going to get hit. However, I see so many videos and reviews where people give him a thumbs up so to each his own.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Of the four figures (mentioned above) that I have, Ahsoka is the only force user. If you've noticed around the playsets (at least in "Rise" and "Twilight"), force users have easy access to those gold star thingies that boost your level. Since Ahsoka is already leveled up to the max, I sometimes only use her to get those star thingies for my other characters to level up.

Godzilla2099: Be careful not to confuse Sabine's last name with Kylo's. You'd otherwise open up a whole pandora's box in here. Kylo's last name is spelled Ren.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I have all of the figures except for Rey, Finn, and Poe. Ahsoka and Darth Vader are the only two I've leveled all the way up and Darth Vader is easily my favorite, if you can play him right you are basically unstoppable. I just got Kylo Ren and have played a little with him but I think I'm going to like playing as him a lot too.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The "Jedi Training" missions on the Corusant level of Twilight is the best way to level up characters. Obviously they get easier by using a force user, but it's still a welcome challenge using those fixed only with blasters (or a staff as in Rey's case).

cubman987 likes this.
  14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yep, that's how I have leveled up my characters.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just a heads up for those in the forum living in the States. You could pick up the new TFA Infinity playset (complete with crystal piece, Rey and Finn figures) at Best Buy for only $25. I'm considering buying it from there myself. I already have Rey, but would put the extra figure up on eBay; probably do the same with Finn once I clear up the objectives with him from the game.

16. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Love the Force Awakens play set! Rey is incredible to play as! Very powerful, and I freaked out when I found her speeder and a luggabeast! Still looking for the Kylo champion coin. Is it on Jakku, if anyone knows?

17. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Ahsoka's Tano, I got the digital download for PS4. I wound up uninstalling and re-downloading. I finally got a chance to play today, though just in the TFA playset. Still had some button lag issues, but nothing major. Didn't play at all in the Hub, which is where I was having problems.

I was so excited when 3.0 came out. It was a lot of fun and I was really into it. Then my PS3 got fried, and I didn't have anything backed up. I got to borrow a PS3 for a while, but had a hard time getting back into it. I then got a PS4, mainly because I was curious about Battlefront. Then I had issues with 3.0 on PS4....and I'm having a hard time getting back into it again.

I'm a little disappointed with the TFA playset. I understand why it is like it is, since the plot of the movie was so secret. I just think it would have been better if it was developed after the movie came out, so there could be more detail in the playset. And that final battle is jarringly difficult. It was fun but challenging at times before, but it just got insanely difficult all of a sudden. I made it through 2 out of 3 rounds of the battle with Kylo, before I got kinda stuck. Seems like it has to be played with 2 players.

StarWarsFreak93, I think Kylo Ren's coin is on Takodana.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Do you have the previous two Playsets? I don't have TFA yet, but I still bought a loose Rey figure from eBay to level her up within "Twilight" and "Rise" after finding her Champion coins on each. Eventually I'll get the PS4 version of Infinity; but for now I only have it on PS3. For all we know they could come out with 4.0 by the end of 2016.

19. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Yes, I have the 3 Star Wars playlets. I played a little Twilight of the Republic (before I lost that). Haven't played any Rise Against the Empire yet.

Oh...another small issue with TFA. There's no BB-8 sidekick, and I kinda need one. :bb8:

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That kinda stinks. Well in all fairness, they don't have R2 as a sidekick in either of the previous two playsets.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Been well over a week since I posted in this thread, so my double-post should be ok. I just got the new TFA playset in the mail today (bought it from eBay a week ago). Looking forward to using it (I already have the Rey figure, which I've been leveling up in the previous playsets and Toy Box hub.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  22. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Kylo Ren is so freaking awesome to play as. Easily my new favorite character. Got him to level 11 playing TFA play set this weekend. I have all the SW characters released so far yet I haven't even played as half of them! Working on it though.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've got through the first couple of stages in the TFA playset with Rey. I'm still not as good with "tech" characters like her as I am with Ahsoka against multiple enemies, so a couple times when Rey got killed off I replaced her with Ahsoka (found the Champion Coin) and it was over pretty easily.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just beat the TFA playset. I have to admit, while the bulk of the game is fun, the final fight against Kylo Ren left much to be desired. With Rey, you couldn't do anything to him except throwing exploding barrels at him. He wouldn't take any damage by her blaster or staff.

25. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I wish at the end they gave Rey a lightsaber to use, but I suspect they're saving Resistance Outfit Rey for a new figure.

I hope with 4.0 they release a Rebels play set. They should have fr 3.0. Pack it along with Hera and another character, maybe Rebels Ahsoka Tano. Although generally with play sets they put the "big" characters along with the piece, and since they released the big characters from Rebels separately (excluding Hera), don't see how they'd do it. I think a Rebels play set would be great though. Have the playable planets be Lothal, Garel, maybe even Stygeon Prime. Make a star destroyer part of the level too. It'd be great flying the Ghost around in space similar to the Millenium Falcon parts of the other play sets.

Also, I wonder why Twilight of the Republic doesn't have the currency system like Rise and TFA. Maybe since TotR is more combat focused?