main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars Infinity (Disney Infinity 3.0)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by StarWarsFreak93, May 5, 2015.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Yes any figure can be used in the toy box, the play sets are (currently) limited to those of that franchise.

Previously you could only use those figures belonging to a specific series (For example Toy Story In Space), 2.0 introduced Marvel Crossover Coins allowing 2 figures from the other 2 play sets into another they have indicated a Marvel play set that may use figures from 2.0 and the Star Wars Play set may have some other options but until they explain what changes are involved that's as far as I know.

Have they said anything about the download version particularly about the play sets?

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    So as a fan of star wars with no interest in anything Disney (except maybe Marvel) should I get this game? I have a ps4 what else would I need to play this? What's gameplay even like?

CoolyFett likes this.
  3. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Definitely! You don't need to like Disney and play with disney characters. Just simply buy the SW stuff for the game and completely ignore the Disney stuff. It'll essentially be it's own SW game.

CoolyFett likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    But what do you do with it? That's my #1 question. If I bought the game, and was only concerned with the SW playset, would I be running around as an Ahsoka avatar jumping up and down and maybe driving a few vehicles? I still don't get the objective of this game.

CoolyFett likes this.
  5. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    The play set pieces are story modes/free roams of the worlds. The other option is the toy box, where you make your own map and can play as any character from any franchise.

6. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Maharishineo likes this.
  7. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Part of the appeal of this game is the ability to create toy boxes of anything you think of and have access to.

My first trained of thought on this was how do I construct a series of Cloud Cities and build a game around that?

I'm hoping they release clone wars stuff so you could have clone troopers fighting droids let alone set it up so you characters have to fight their way through to the hangar bay and fly on to the next city of course in my case I can throw in Omnidroids, Sakaarans, Pirates, Zurg robots and even Symbiotes into that fight thanks to the other two releases.

If you could choose what Star Wars vehicle, weapon or character would you like to see?

By the way in DI 2.0 they introduced Team Up Power Discs so if they wanted you could have Mace Windu or Asajj Ventress turn up as an ally whilst you're playing.

Hopefully we'll learn what power discs they have planned but seriously what would you like to see?

8. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    Celidore likes this.
  9. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Really can't wait for this even more now! I heard it comes out August 20th, at least from a German site. Is there a concrete date yet?

10. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    I've read it will be released this fall, but there isn't a concrete date yet.
    source: http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-comes-to-disney-infinity-3-0

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The latest issue of Gameinformer Magazine featured about a dozen pages or so on the two upcoming SW games, Infinity 3.0 and of course Battlefront. Personally, I wish they'd get their acts together and set up a proper demo at the local video game outlets so newcomers like myself could get a feel for what it's all about. All they have are those lame displays where you place a figure on the platform and you watch a one minute video.

12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Has there been a rebels pack announced for this game yet? If not I'm calling it.

13. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    No, just the two play sets we got announced (Twilight of the Republic and Rise Against The Empire) and the Force Awakens set in winter. We won't get a Rebels one until 4.0, most likely. The way Infinity releases stuff is one it's main problems. Essentially, they release everything for their newest version by November, then nothing until the new game (with the exception of 1 or 2 characters releasing around Jan./Feb.). So really, the characters we've seen are all we'll get till 4.0.

14. JMSwallow

JMSwallow Author: SW Insider, SW Fact Files VIP

May 22, 2005
    FYI - lots more stuff from Game Informer magazine HERE.

15. Celidore

May 2, 2015
  16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  17. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    New images and gameplay video for "Rise Against The Empire" play set.

Gameplay video:

thejeditraitor likes this.
  18. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Apparently the release is August 23rd. Hope it's true!

19. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    The Rise against the Empire looks much more interesting.

Won't stop me picking up an Obi-Wan figure mind you!O:)

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    CoolyFett likes this.
  21. JMSwallow

May 22, 2005
    Here's a link to the opening text crawl I wrote for Twilight of the Republic, the Clone Wars playset (thanks to Infinity Inquirer!)

22. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Man, that's awesome! Cool we're gonna have an opening crawl for the play sets!

And still curious about the exclusive PS4 starter set. Will it contain BOTH play sets, or just Rise Against The Empire?

23. JMSwallow

May 22, 2005
    Yup. The Playstation set (which will be for PS3 and PS4) will have the game, the base unit, Anakin and Ahsoka figures, the Twilight of the Republic playset piece, Luke and Leia figures, the Rise Against the Empire playset piece, a Boba Fett figure and webcode cards.

[​IMG]

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  25. Celidore

May 2, 2015