main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars Infinity (Disney Infinity 3.0)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by StarWarsFreak93, May 5, 2015.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I bought this game today even though I promised myself I would resist the temptation (I'm a slave to Lucasfilm I admit it :( ) and so far it seems worth it. I don't intend to buy any other figures Anakin is enough for me (I might buy Obi Wan for Christmas ;) ) I'm surprised having played for a bit there's no Greivous figure that I WOULD buy :)

Grievousdude likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Which set did you buy (and which system)?

3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I got the Twilight of The Republic Starter Pack for the ps4

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I beat Rise Against The Empire. I gotta say, the tried and true Infinity gameplay was back, but they've definitely refined it from what it was in the first game. This resulted in a very fun experience. I also enjoyed the liberties that were taken with the story of Luke, Han and Leia in order to provide a more playground-esque aspect to the universe that you can play around with. So much fun, guys. And the Star Fox-esque on rails levels were incredible to play through. Made me exclaim out loud multiple times.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So get this. I just visited the local Gamestop today, and noticed they were selling an individual pack including Anakin and Ahoska - separate from the game. I asked the guy what the point was for selling the two figures in a new pack; while the new starter pack for 3.0 includes them, and he didn't have a straight answer. The bottom line is that you can't use the figures without having the starter pack for 3.0.

6. JMSwallow

JMSwallow Author: SW Insider, SW Fact Files VIP

May 22, 2005
    Not so. You don't have to buy the 3.0 starter pack to play 3.0.

If you already own Disney Infinity or Disney Infinity 2.0 and you have the base unit that comes with it, and you don't want to buy another base unit you don't need, you can buy the 3.0 software on its own and use it with the base unit you have. You can then buy whatever playset pack (two figures + playset piece) you like.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Just today I bought a base ($3), Disney Infinity 1.0 for the PS3 ($5), and a Wreck-it-Ralph figure ($8). From what I understand, you can download the 3.0 version for only $20 on PSN now; so I'll return the game in once I try out the original version. If I can't find an individual Ahsoka figure sold at Gamestop, I'll probably buy it online.

Needless to say the clerk at the store just assumed I was buying the game for someone.

8. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    I have one more holocron to find on Tatooine and one more mynock to destroy on Endor, and I cannot find either. I've been searching for DAAAAAAAAYSS.

9. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    So who are tech characters? I'm guessing it's probably the blaster-wielding ones like Sabine, Boba. Chewie, and Han?

IG-13 likes this.
  10. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Boba and Luke are, I know that much.

Also, playing as Leia makes you able to see mynocks on the radar. Cheque too, I believe.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just downloaded Infinity 3.0 from PSN ($19). Now all I need is to get the Ahsoka figure and I should be fine. I saw you could actually buy the playsets (i.e. Twilight of the Republic) loose and thereby cheaper on eBay, so I may pick it up there.

One question: would I be able to play these games co-op with someone online who has the same playset?

12. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, you can, but they have to be on your friends list. That's the only thing I've disliked about Disney Infinity from the start, you can only play online with people on your friends list, and can't look in server lists to find other players...

And guess I'll have to wait for tech characters then. Didn't get the saga bundle, and there's no Target near me to get Sabine...

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well if anyone has the game and a PS3, I'd be happy to friend them! Incidentally, I just bought the full Twilight set with Anakin and Ahsoka; but I'm contemplating selling the Anakin figure that came with the set since I doubt I'd use it that much. My other option would've been to buy Ahsoka and the Twilight set crystal on eBay. I may still return the new pack if it winds up that I could get the loose figure and set for much cheaper.

14. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Eh, you should keep the Anakin figure. It's still a cool collection piece to have on display. Maybe you'll wanna play as a different character sometime? :) I'm always contemplating who to play as, and right now I only have Ani, Ahsoka, Obi, and Kanan. I can only imagine deciding when I get all the characters! :p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So get this; after buying the Twilight set new today at Gamestop for $40, I saw someone listing the exact set on eBay for about $26 (including shipping). I went with my gut instinct and bought it (it was a buy-it-now), and will return the new set back to Gamestop once I the eBay shipment comes in.

And about playing as more than one character, I already have a Wreck-it-Ralph character (Vanellope). Gamestop has this deal now where if you buy two pre-owned figures you get THREE free. Not too shabby.

16. IG-13

IG-13 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    Zeb is too with his Bo-Rifle (R2 attack). I was hoping his standard melee attack (triangle attack)would be with it too but he only uses it on his special attack (staff form).

17. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks for the tip! I might head to GameStop this week and pick him up then!

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Even though I don't have the SW figure or playset yet, I was able to get an NPC of Hera for my Toybox. Neat!

19. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    The Hera NPC is for signing up with a Disney account.myou should've gotten the Ghost, too.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah I think you're right; I did notice it. I'm still learning the ropes of everything; I thought I would be able to add "toys" into the main hub, but apparently not. So I'm gonna need to build my own toy box.

21. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, not really gonna do toy box. Only interested in the SW stuff. Just gonna replay Twilight of the Republic and get 100% until Rise Against The Empire.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Have another question. Would I be able to use Ahsoka in other Playsets like Rise of the Empire?

23. IG-13

IG-13 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2005

Yes but you have to find the Ahsoka coin in the Empire playset.

Once you find that characters coin, you can cross playsets (i.e. Clone Wars era characters can play in the Empire playset and vice versa).l

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Sounds like fun :)

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Sorry for the double-post (wouldn't let me edit my last post after so long). Just got my Twilight of the Republic set and started playing with Ahsoka. Gotta admit it's pretty fun. I played through the Geonosis missions and up to Coruscant, then played around a little in Toy Box. I'm still contemplating what I want to do with the Anakin figure. I've already found a handful of Champion Coins; and plan on getting the Rise of the Empire playset with one of those figures.