main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars Insider #160

Discussion in 'Literature' started by mbruno, Sep 11, 2015.

1. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    Anyone else having trouble finding the newest Insider in stores? I'm in the US, BTW.

ETA: Looking here:http://titanmagazines.com/t/star-wars-insider/, it still shows #159 as the latest issue, even though in the back of #159 it says the #160 will be out September 8, which is also the date given on Wookieepedia.

Perhaps the US release of the issue was delayed a bit?

2. mbruno

Jan 19, 2010
  3. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, I was wondering where my issue was in the mail, so I emailed Titan and they said it was pushed to September 22nd.

4. mbruno

Jan 19, 2010
    Though, you'll probably get you copy a little sooner than September 22, because subscribers get their copies a little before the newsstand date, right?

5. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Correct, normally a week in advance. So I think I'll be getting mine Wednsday or Thursday, possibly even Tuesday.

6. mbruno

Jan 19, 2010
    I really should just get a subscription one of these days. I've been buying each issue from the book store or wherever since 1999(my first issue was #41 and I've only missed 4 issues since then).

Also, I have to wonder if the thing with the Topps cards is at least part of the reason for the issue being delayed.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So if the US version is delayed, I wonder if the UK one will be as well or if it will still release the same day? Normally we are a few weeks later than the US for Insider.

8. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Just got my copy in the mail today!

9. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Received my copy in the mail yesterday. The Blade Squadron story is really short, sadly.

I also find it odd that we are only a few months away from TFA and the Insider has yet to run a full article about the film. Several small interviews and such, but that's it. I wonder if the Insider crew wasn't given much access this time around as far as set visits, etc...

10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Why isn't the digital copy of Insider #160 available yet?

Any cool details in the Blade Squadron story?

--Adm. Nick

11. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Not a lot. It focuses on a small rebel attack on Malastare post-Endor. The planet is fully shielded, but the rebels hypothesize that they can punch a temporary hole in the shield by using the ion cannons of a B-wing squad focused on a small area.

12. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    This is kind of a prequel to Aftermath. Moff Pandion is mentioned and the events in this story are actually mentioned in Aftermath as well.
    A few details regarding the Aftermath connection:
    Pandion's palace is located on Malastare and soon before the secret Imperial meeting on Akiva the planet is attacked by Blade Squadron. Pandion, as the coward he obviously is, flees the scene and is apparently the only survivor.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Is there anything interesting in the James Khan interview?

14. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Any idea what happened to Adon Fox?

15. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Has anyone in the UK had their subscription for this delivered yet? seemingly taking for ages. as always.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not yet, but the post hasn't come yet today.

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I noticed that it's still not out in WH Smiths, but some Forbidden Planets have it.

18. Joe Kalicki

Joe Kalicki Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2014

I haven't read it yet because I'm reading the Jedi novelization at the moment and wanted to wait until I was done. A quick flip through makes it look really interesting though.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Update for UK subscribers - post lady brought issue 160 today.

Endol likes this.
  20. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    great stuff, should be at my work first thing Monday morning!

21. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Has anyone received Insider 161 yet? Thought it came out the third next month but now it's next week apparently, but I haven't received mine yet although I normally get it a week in advance.

22. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    we' ve only just 160 in the UK!!

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It said early November in issue 160.

24. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Ah, Titan customer service responded saying November 10th. Don't know why the SW Books Facebook page said on sale next week.

25. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    So is the new issue actually out today?

Edit: And the Rebels Official Magazine #1?