main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars Insider 171

Discussion in 'Literature' started by mbruno, Feb 16, 2017.

1. JoeBiWanKenobi

JoeBiWanKenobi Jedi Master

Apr 25, 2008
    Still waiting in Canada...

2. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Rumours floating around Facebook that the blade squadron jakku would be the last short story in insider magazine. I've just renewed my subscription so I would be cancelling if this is the case

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    If that turns out to be true, then the Insider will have completely lost its interest in my eyes. First no more Rogue Galleries, and now no short story?

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  4. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Rumors! Lies! Deceptions!

Yes....Blade Squadron Jakku is the last short tale in Insider for the foreseeable future. Certainly through the rest of 2017.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  5. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Why?

First Titan Magazines stops printing the Rebels comics and now this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    It is a shame, I had just renewed with 171 being my last on the older subscription. had to phone up this morning to cancel and get a refund.

my concern would be that if short stories are still being commissioned by LSG, where will then up? the tie in short stories have historically been re-printed in the paperback editions of said novel. I personally didn't mind that as I would have Insider already.

But if say for example a tie in novel to Inferno Squad only comes in the paperback and not the hardback, that's a bit naughty forcing double dipping for completionists.

7. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Well that's crap. I just renewed a few weeks ago.

8. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I, for one am disappointed, but we will get 40 short stories in October in "A Certain Point of View" anthology book. That should tie us over.

9. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    ^I have to imagine that's the reason, right? There have been 17 short stories in Insider since 2014, and the bulk of those writers are contributing to A Certain Point of View, which has more than double that in one book! #OperationBlueMilk was definitely an all hands on deck affair, so it's understandable.

10. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    So then how is it lie, a rumor, or a deception?

11. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    It isn't, just a bad attempt at a joke.

Operation Blue Milk doesn't really have anything to do with the decision. We decided to take a step back from the insider short fiction for a bit. Might it return? Might we find a different outlet or avenue for It? We'll see. It's something we're always assessing.

12. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    Hmm, interesting! I just hope short fiction remains a part of Star Wars publishing, whatever happens.

P.S., it sure would be rad to see the already published Insider stories collected in some way.... [face_whistling]

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I agree as the UK version of Insider didn't carry them at first so there are some we missed here.