main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Insider #65 reveals location of bathroom on Millennium Falcon. Sort of.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I just got Star Wars Insider #65 in the mail yesterday, and it's yet another great issue. It even comes with a free poster of the galaxy.

Anyways, someone asked where the bathroom was, and it tells us.

Here's what it says:

Where is the "head" (bathroom on a ship) on the Millennium Falcon? I mean, on long flights, they must have to, well, you know...

Nature does call, even in a galaxy far, far away, but the answer to this question is complicated by the fact that there have been no fewer than three "official" depictions of the interior of the Millennium Falcon. Each interior is substantially different from the others, meaning that they can't all be right. Some chalk it up to the Falcon's constantly undergoing modification, but having so modular an interior starts to strain creditbility. The interior of the Falcon is like the house on the Simpsons--it seems to change to fit story needs.

The first version of the Falcon's floor plans was printed in 1987, in teh Star Wars Sourcebook by West End Games. These plans did include the head, placed right in between a pair of triple bunks in the forward starboard compartment, just fore of the main corridor that leads to the cockpit.

The next version of the freighter's layout appeared in Starlog Magazine's Star Wars Technical Journal in 1994. This edition moved the head and shower to the rear port quarter, just aft of the portside loading/docking ring.

The difinitive version of teh Falcon's interior appeared in Dorling Kidnersley's Star Wars: Incredible Cross Sections book. In the developementstage, aritst Hans Jenssen wanted to include a bathroom aboard the ship, but that callout was eliminated before the artwork was finished. "It never got past my rough sketch of the Falcon" says Jensson. "My early sketch was from a different angle than the one that saw print, and it used the precedent of the Technical Journal for the location of the head. Then, someone decided not to include it at all."

As such, its placement aboard this incarnation of the ship's interior is unknown.

There you have it, the location of the bathroom aboard the Falcon. Sort of.

2. BoxOfficeMan

BoxOfficeMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2002
    NOW I AM COMPLETE. I... I LOVE... I LOVE

//dies

3. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "Sort of" being the keywords. :)

4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Does anyone have this Cross-sections book?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I checked it out from the library a couple years ago. I don't think I paid attention to where the bathroom was, because I hadn't been to the boards yet. :(

I'll have to check next time I'm at the libary.

6. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I have the cross section book. It does not show a bathroom. I dont recommend this book to anyone but the most fanatical of sw fans and to kids. It's not a very hard read to say the least.

7. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Do X-Wing pilots go in their suits? I mean, Luke did quite a few long hops in his fighter and it is not hard to think that nature would call there. . .

Just wondering. . .

8. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    They wear a GFFA version of the diaper. Just like sr-71 pilots.

9. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    i saw tis topicbut was looking for something else...well, i'm just glad that mystery was solved ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.