main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Insider ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Welcome back Darth_Eagle. :D

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Around SG15.00-16 depending on the exchange rate and where it gotten from (borders seems to sell 'em more expansive than Kino). Anyhow, I reserve a copy yesterday and got call just now that the magazine is in at Kino.

Thanks for the welcome too, Darth_Destructo! :D

3. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Did you get my PM? :confused:

4. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    If you are lucky, you can get it at Sunny Bookstore at far East Plaza at $12.9 per book or at Alaric Comic at Heeren 5th level besides Action City at the same price. So DARTH EAGLE, who's in the cover this time??

Did you get any EPII figs at the Hanger last week??

5. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Don't know either of those places, but there's a stand selling all sorts of magazines beside Movenpick. I happened to see Star Wars Insider there, also selling for $12.90. :)

Anakin's on the cover, posing with a blue lightsabre.

Do they accept overseas subscriptions?

= Clare =

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Darth_Destructo, I got your PM but haven't got a good answer for it yet. :p Sorry, sorry! But I may be able to get a proper answer the week after Chinese New Year when I can go hunting again and see certain patterns and costumers that may help in your quest.

HumsupFett , I didn't get the Ep2 figures from the Hanger recently. Am too broke now. :( Anyway, I was only interested in Amidala and maybe Jargo Fett but still my pockets rules over my buying now. And then still, I'm trying to rush through my costumes for AOTC release.

JediClare, concerning the subscription to SW Insider, unfortunately now non-USA & Canada resident can't subscribe to it. They stop it after Wizard Of The Coast took over the publishing. Think it's actually due to the fact that a few countries now have their own SW magazine (UK, Mexico, Germany, France and soon Australia) so the new policy is to "protect" the sale of the other magazines. Anyhow, non-residents of the desinated country of the SW Magazine published in can't subscribe to the other magazine too. I tried with UK one (Star Wars Magazine) and they too quote "that their license to sell SW Magazine is only to residents of UK" and nowhere else; same reply when I e-mail WOTC concerning cost of subscription to the SW Insider to Singapore. Those foreigners who have subsribe to SW Insider currently (started B4 WOTC took over) will have theirs terminated upon the expiry of their subscription.

As for ordering stuffs, sources says that you can still do so if you fax the order over to the company and Is Lucky. Some people who had tried it were successful and gotten their order, others were rejected. :(

Anyhow, our hunt for the SW Insider lately had been made easy as not only Borders and Kinokuniya had been able to bring the magazine into Singapore, but also Times Publishing(?) so that's why the magazine been poping up at Buzz Kiosk, some Mamma Shop etc. The only magazine I'm interested in that still can't find in Singapore is the UK SW Magazine (it tend to have bigger pictures :p ), SW Kids and SW Gamer. Anyone seen the latest issues of these magazine somewhere in Singapore?

7. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh. :( Thanks. :) Nope, haven't seen any of 'em...

8. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Oh, ok, thanks Jedi_Eagle. I'll wait patiently then. :)

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The next SW Insider will be out on 2 April in US (probably Thursday 4th at Kinokuniya)
    SW Insider #59

"The latest issue of the Star Wars Insider celebrates 25 years of the galaxy far, far away. The special commemorative silver anniversary issue showcases the original stars -- Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Peter Mayhew reminisce on their Star Wars experiences. . . ."

I'm reserving my 2 copies with Kino soon! (Unless you guys can point out exactly the places where you can reserve and get it cheaper! :p )

10. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks, Darth Eagle. :)

11. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    INSIDER ALERT!

Next Issue of Insider will be out in US on 4 Jun 02! Reach Lion City probably on 7-9 Jun 02!

Cover is Obi-Wan, Padme and Anakin:
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/05/news20020510_1.html

"The latest issue of Star Wars Insider talks to the stars of Episode II: Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen discuss their roles in Attack of the Clones. Also, Star Wars creator George Lucas discusses Episode III, Indy 4 and, of course, Episode II.

Star Wars expert Daniel Wallace details the specifications of The Droids of Episode II -- from the sleek ASN-21 to the spunky R4-P17, from helpful laborers like RIC-920 to fearsome brutes like the super battle droids. Also, take a look at some of the giant combat automata of the trade guilds, as seen in the opening battle of the Clone Wars.

For collectors, there's an Attack of the Clones action figure update, a feature on the new Episode II trading card set from Topps, a look at Star Wars board games,

A motley gallery of rogues and scoundrels fills out the Who's Who in Jabba's Palace guide, recommended reading for those who can't tell their Porcellus from their Ghoel.

All this and more are in issue #60 of the Star Wars Insider, which ships to subscribers on May 17, and hits newsstands on June 4, 2002."

12. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I didn't manage to get SW Insider #59 because Alaric's had run out of stock...must make sure this time I go and buy earlier...

13. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    The Indian Graphic bookshop at the highest level of Bras Basah Complex has ISSUE #59!!!!!!

Go Get Yours!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick!!!!!!!

14. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I know someone here subscribe to Insider... arrived liao?

And Insider will reach Singapore next week!

15. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Any exact day? ::Eagerly anticipating::

:D

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I didn't remember the Official Site making any announcement when is the next issue coming out. ?[face_plain]

Maybe it'll be delayed as result of AOTC Release and CII.

17. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Yes, Official Site did give an Update!

Cover is Annie, Padme and Obi-Wan riding the Reek!

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Where? Where?

I must had been sleeping . . . . :p

19. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    So...any idea when it'll be available at Sunny's or Alaric's?

20. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I don't have an exact date but expect it some time after Kino and Borders get it..

21. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    Kino called me to tell me that it's coming in this week.
    I have my copy reserved.

22. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Can tell me which counter to place my reservation? issit the one near the Chinese Magazine?

Or issit the 1st counter nearest to the main enterance?

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I gotten mine reserved at Kino too. I always did my reservation at the (other side of) Paying Counter nearest to the entrance. The reserved goods will then be collected at the next counter, somewhere on the way from the main counter to the Coffee Club Express.

issit the one near the Chinese Magazine?

The other side of Kino near the Japanese side? :eek: Of course not! Heehee, those are for the Chinese Books what!

24. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    boba81 - It usually suppose to be the counter near the map area and travel bks area. There's a sign on top saying reservations. However u can also reserve at the first counter(behind the cashier) at the main entrance. The insider should be in this week. Got a gd look at it thanks to Winbros.

25. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Okie thanks everyone! So helpful! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.