main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Insider ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Star Wars Insider is the Official SW Magazine published bi-monthly in the US and "secretly" imported to other countries. It's our source of official SW news, articles and pictures.

Its relative is the Star Wars Magazine from UK and other titles from other European Countries in their native languages.

The Star Wars Visual Dictionary is the 3 books produced to give more insight into the props and costumes used in the movies and it's not ongoing (frankly only 1 book produced per 3 years!).

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    someone doesn't know what's the visual dictionary? It's been around for quite awhile, same as the Insider, but Insider more hard to find..

Kino's Insiders are just about sold out I think, plus I heard Borders' Insiders come with a free booster pack of the new SW TCG, but priced at S$16 :(

3. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Ya Kino is probably out of stock already. Borders still have about 8 copies and they come with the cards as well. Try to get it guys its one of the best issue of insider yet. By the way Jazz if u r going down to borders again check out star wars gamer (the Dooku face one), they have a list of all the trading cards for AOTC.

4. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Lukedecop - Oh is it? Too bad I've already come home from there.. btw I didn't see anymore Insiders at Borders today, or maybe perhaps I looked at the wrong place.

5. solidnono

solidnono Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    went to borders todae and manage to get myself a copy of the STARWARS INSIDERS that comes with the cards, but i notice that only 3 copies are wrapped in plastics so as to include the cards but there seems to be 5-6 copies that doesnt hav any plastic cover at all....no plastic cover=no cards.3 copies left with cards in them. then went down to HEEREN, whoever looking for WHITE CLONETROOPERS and ROYAL GUARDs are gonna be slightly happy coz there are stocks but u hav to buy another TPM figure that comes along with it for 25-29 dollars.and the store beside ACTION CITY is selling CHEWIE for $25!!!! SIAO!!! i was about to call them losers and putting my right hand on my forehead with the letter "L" when chewies are overflowed in singapore, there are lots of chewies in iseatans at orchard and tampines so im gonna take my time and scout around, coz im saving my $$ for the republic gunship tats coming out, soon, i hope

6. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey, not to mention that there are still Chewies selling at Carrefour for only $17.50 each! :eek:

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Aaaarrrhhh!!! Must run down to Action City tomorrow!! :eek:

Been a real bum lately and not going anywhere. :(

8. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    No no, go down to Clark Quay instead... more choices!

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    When I can wake up early, do marketing fast and be at there by 11am! [face_laugh]

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Lastest news for SW Insider:
    Fan Club and Insider Update

July 08, 2002

The Official Star Wars Fan Club and Star Wars Insider magazine are now under the management of Paizo Publishing, LLC, a new company promising new services to subscribers and fan club members alike.
    The Star Wars Insider will now be published more frequently, with eight issues each year. The magazine will continue its coverage of all things Star Wars, while expanding to include original fiction of the type previously found in the now-defunct Star Wars Gamer magazine. The current creative and production teams involved with Insider will continue to work on the magazine, including editorial and art departments.

Star Wars Gamer subscribers will have several options. Starting with Star Wars Insider #62, the remaining Gamer issues can be transferred to a new Insider subscription or added to an existing membership or subscription. Subscribers can also opt to have their remaining issues transferred to a subscription to Dungeon Adventures, which will print original Star Wars roleplaying game adventures, like the kind previously found in Gamer. There will also be the option of canceling their subscriptions and requesting a refund of the remaining funds . . . . .

Well, if they had allowed subscribers from outside North America, I'm sure the SW Gamer will not need to be defunct!

11. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    But there's still no sign that they will allow Insider subscribers outside North America.. :(

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Star Wars Insider #61 starts shipping to subscribers July 18, and hits newsstands on August 6 so we'll get it around August 6-9 over here.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/07/img/insider61_bg.jpg]

And SW.Com invites its surfers to do this survey.

13. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Woah, my favourite little green guy is on the cover of the latest issue of SW Insider!!
    (...and it's a REALLY GOOD pic too!)

Whoo-hoo!!

I gotta have it!! :D

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha every SW fan should have it! :)

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Maybe I should ask Kino to put down for 2 for this issue. ;)

16. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    It will be a very HAPPY National Day!!! :D

Anyone going to the parade? Seeya there too!

17. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    :D Kino's gonna get a lot of reservations now.

Nope, I don't think I'm going to the NDP unless we manage to get tickets from friends. I went to queue but by the time we got to the CCK stadium and queued for barely ten minutes, the army guys there announced that there wouldn't be enough tickets for us people at the end of the queue. :(

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Not going to NDP too, I think. At YCK sports complex, people start lining up since Sat night cause someone who wanted to reserve the courts(?) for badminton on Sunday got to know he can't and suspect that NDP tickets gonna get distributed there so they spread the news. :(

19. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Star Wars Insider #61 has started to arrive in mailboxes today. The issue contains more secrets on Attack of the Clones, coverage of Celebration II, interviews with John Williams, Brennan Swain, and a pair of Naboo Handmaidens. All this plus an exclusive Sith Rising card encyclopedia!

from Rebelscum.com

20. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    This week, shipments will come in!

Get your wallets and Kinokuniya loyalty cards ready!

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Btw, if anybody needs any of the last 3 issues of Insider (58, 59, 60), I probably can get it for $12

:)

22. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    What kino loyalty cards??
    i thought they stopped issuing?

23. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    They have stopped issuing the cards, 'cos I heard that they were losing money from the scheme.

BTW, I called up Kino Liang Court to reserve my copy of the latest SW Insider today (I asked the guy to make it a continuous reservation for me), and he informed me that the magazine hasn't come in yet, so it could be coming in some time within this week, or maybe this weekend.

FYI, I also hear that Kino Ngee Ann City has stopped doing continuous reservations for English AND Japanese magazines, and they now do ONLY the 3-day reservations.

The BIG DIFFERENCE between the 3-day reservations and the continuous reservations is that the continuous reservations work like monthly subscriptions, whereby Kino will reserve the copy of the magazine for you without fail every single issue, every time it comes out, plus they will give you a call once the latest issue is ready for collection. But for the 3-day reservations, you have to wait for the magazine to come out first, then bring the magazine to the counter, then they will reserve it for you for a maximum of 3 days.

Needless to say, I prefer the continuous reservation service, because it doesn't have a 3-day limit, you don't have to keep watch and wait for the magazine to come out first, and the Kino staff calls you, so it's definitely more convenient if you ask me. Also, if you don't have the budget for the magazine that month, you can just tell them to keep it for you till the next month, as there is a 30 to 60 day limit for the reservation, instead of just 3 days :)

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Nooooo!!!! :eek: I got my continuous SW Insider Subscription at Ngee Ann Kino. Guess I better go down there personally this week to make sure when the magazine will comes out and move the reservation over to Liang Court instead. Hmm, does Bugis have this service too?

for the 3-day reservations, you have to wait for the magazine to come out first, then bring the magazine to the counter, then they will reserve it for you for a maximum of 3 days.

That's strange. The last few times when I did the non-continuous subscription (aka didn't fill in that reserve form, just gave them my name & phone no.), they just save a copy for me and call me up when it arrives and I have to do it about a week before the magazine is due to be out at the newsstands. I think I even exceed the 3-days limitation for one of them. Maybe I managed to do that cause I gotten hold of the persons in charge of the magazines section?

25. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    How much is Kino selling Insider? I bought mine from Bras Basah at $12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.