main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Insider ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    The price fluctuate with the exchange rates but it'll be around $13-15 per issue. Borders is a dollar +/- more than Kino and they always missing the freebies the last time I checked them out for SW Insider.

2. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    Basically Kino's services have gone down the drain

I used to spend hundreds a month there last time because of their loyalty card, which was stopped after September 11th.
    (where in the world did BobaFett get the notion that it's still on when it's been cancelled for almost a year?)

And as if that wasn't enough, they stopped specially wrapping my comics to ensure they arrive in good condition

And now I got the same call saying they're stopping the reservation service.

Which is pathetic as hell.

If they didn't sell my comics that much cheaper, I'd have boycotted them a long time ago.

3. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Is it out yet????

4. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I dunno yet...
    No one from Kino has called me yet.
    And I haven't gone down to Kino to check it out for myself yet.
    Maybe I'll check it out this weekend...??

5. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    Kino Taka has it
    They had a 20% storewide discount today.. so I managed to save on it =)

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    It's out? :eek: Oh no! Must get it tomorrow before it runs out if a copy wasn't reserved for me at Taka as usual. :(

7. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm I'll try to go on monday..hope they still have it. :)

8. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    Don't count on Kino reserving it.
    They've stopped their reservations.

Er.
    When I went I only saw at most... 20 copies left... so good luck =)

9. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Don't remind me of Insider!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm kicking myself for forgetting it. I was at Kino on Thur and last night buying SW TPB, yet I forget about Insider. Somemore got 20% off.

10. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    20 copies do sound alot to me, but now the weekend just over, so really have to ride on luck. But no problems if kino is out of stock. There are many other places, cheaper too, to find them. ;)

11. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I only know Bras Basah, Kino, and Alarics sell them.
    Jazz : What other places do sell insider also?
    Anyway, I juz called to make a 3-day reservation.

12. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    I've never really seen it at Bras Basah though I heard can get it from there..

Alarics usually only has very few issues I think... So Kino's the best bet

I must add that I saw about 20 ON THE SHELVES.
    They may have had others around or sth *shrugs*

13. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Any free goodies in this issue?

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Someone mentioned that Sunny Bookstore at Far East Plaza also have it, about 1-2 copies as result of Times Publishing bring them in?

Why, the UK Based SW Comic Magazine which take a few pages from certain Dark Horse Star Wars Comics and republished it, are also appering at certain places. I gotten a copy from the bookstore at AMK Jubilee last month. ;) (Ps: It's kinda like those 1990s UK Based Transformer or GI Joes Comics).

Hope it gonna be the same for UK's Star Wars Magazine which they used to bring in around 1997-9. ;)

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    (Cannot edit previous message . . . ^%$#^!* Debuded Mechanism!!)

Don't forget out "other" hangout Borders. ;) It usually cost $1+/- more than Kino and comes a few days to a week later than Kino.

16. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    tmingyang - Yeah I think those news-stands which carry alot of magazines might have them. :)

Monday 12th Aug Update:
    Kino Taka still has at least 10 copies of Insider wrapped and "mint". Even so, I haven't bought my copy because don't have the money. I didn't know the 20% discount need coupon (which I don't know where to get) :(

17. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Really I thought everything except discounted items are entittled to 20% off. Anyway the promotion is over.
    I stayed around Holland V, I have never seen any Insider appearing at the 2 stores before. But I've seen the UK version there.

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Kino Taka still has at least 10 copies of Insider wrapped and "mint".

At about 5.15pm, I counted 15 copies at SGD14.47. Got my last reserved copy too today. :(

Borders on the other hand got 20 loose copies at SGD16.50 each.

And Borders also got SW Bookmarks like back in 1999! :) I saw the Jedi version (picture of Anakin, OB1 & 4 left), R2 & C3PO (lots left), Luke, Leia & Millenium Falcon (but missing parts) and Sith which I grab the last piece. :( The cute thing about it is that the Sith one got a Death Star-like bead on the string, Droid got C3PO Head while the Jedi got this cylinder-like bead with Star Wars written on it (no idea for the Luke, Leia one). But, it cost 6.49 each. :eek:

But I've seen the UK version there.

Where? Where? You sure it's the SW Magazine and not the comics? I really want to get the UK SW Magazine on a regular basis too as the pictures there tend to be bigger. ;)

19. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I'll go down tomorrow evening after my lectures...

thanks for the update pple!

Have a great week!

Boba

20. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I don't think the UK SW mag is the same as the Insider we reading now. I have ask around, the same response was the UK version carries the comics strips. It retails for S$8-9. So i don't think what I've seen matches what u are intending to buy.

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Then what you saw was the UK SW Comic, lah (This title is to the side, while Star Wars on the space usually for the title). It's priced at SGD8.30+/- and a lot thinner than the UK SW Magazine which is priced at about $14+/-. I got 1 each currently (will be getting the "lastest" UK SW Magazine when my sis comes down from UK for a visit).

I'll bring along both copies this Sunday. ;)

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Sorry to interrupt, but I think the 20% discount at Kino Taka is valid from 11th to 31st Aug, but must have coupon. It's advertised in the shop itself.. I just wish I knew where to get those coupons~ [face_plain]

23. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Hi Jazz...

here's the link
    http://www.kinokuniya.com.sg/cgi-bin/e-site/cgi-bin/prod_list.pl?1028793968@975052213

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    tmingyang - Sigh, didn't know about the 8th to 10th promotion, now have to find coupons..~ :(

25. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I was lucky to be on Thurs after National Cele. I also don't there's a sale going on until I was about to leave when I saw the board. Anyway, I'm also looking for coupon so that I can make purchase on 31Aug, the day after the first week of prelim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.