main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Insider ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I bought mine liao!

WAHHHHHHHH!!!!! It's CHOCK full of goodies... finally, the Sith Landing bay and Coruscant in full 2 page glory!

Wonderful Insider!

Keeps getting better and better every issue!

And the detailed Celebration 2 just makes me feel I'm there LIVE! Hahaha! LOL!

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, it's even more fun for me cause I get to identify people I know online. Like Azeem and his wife, Lisa "Fett", the IRG and Boba Fett on pg 15; the 501st Legion Group Photo sessions (they should had include the photo of one of them proposing to his girlfriend while he in Deserttrooper and she as an Imperial Officer in front of the group), the Jango Fan who look very much like the real fellow (my friend made the softparts for him!) and Hayden doning a trooper's helmet to go round the hall at CII without being mopped!

Heehee, my favourite is the SW Soccer Campaign posters. ;)

3. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    What goodies are Boba referring to?

4. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    goodies as in contents

5. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Oh...I tot got goodies like figurines or cards. I muz agree the contents are superb esp the world cup part.

6. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Btw, Alaric's at Heeren has a few copies of Insider at $12, which is probably the cheapest u'd be able to find in Singapore. :)

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Borders still have a lot of the latest Insider so if can't find it at Alaric's or Kino or Sunny Bookstore, you know where to go. ;)

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Anyone know wherther we can have the SW Insider reserved at Kino Liang Court or Bugis now that the Ngee Ann City one has stopped the service? I just don't think I can go to Taka everyday from the so called date of release till the magazine is in my hand. :(

9. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Hi DE do u wish u have the insider delivered to your door step every 2 months. And save all the hassle of calling to ask whether it has arrived or the mag being overpriced?

I can solve the problem for u. I have recently subscribe this magazine from the Singapore distributor. It will deliver to u when it comes. Everything including postages (delivered via Sing Post) cost $12.90 per issue. U will be issued the invoice when the first issue come. The subscription fees is renewed annually. I personally think it's a great deal coz it's as cheap as what we can find here and some more delivered right to our door step. The only problem is we dunno if the mag will come in mint condition. I don't think this shld be a problem since magazine like Economics and TIME are delivered to me in mint condition.

10. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Hey! I subscribe my TIME magazine from EMITAsia! issit this distributor? Can tell us which distributor you referring to? Their phone nos? Any websites?

THANKS!

11. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, I have my copy of the SW Insider reserved for me on a continuous basis at Kino Liang Court, and anytime the magazine is due to be released in the store, the staff will call me and let me know, so that I can come down and collect it from the reservation counter.

While the idea of subscribing sounds really good too, I prefer to receive my magazines in good condition, and somehow I don't really trust or expect my mailman to be all that careful with such things, so I actually prefer to take the trouble to go down to Kino Liang Court to collect the SW Insider personally.

At least the staff there are more likely to treat the magazine with more care than my postman would... :)

12. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    The webbie is www.rpd.com.sg.

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Roger that! I'll send in my subscription next month in time for the Oct release. ;)

14. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Hi have anyone purchase or have read the new Essential guide to characters? Is it informative, highly recommended and most importantly worth it?

15. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    Paper quality is great
    drawings are great
    it's got COLOUR
    and the info is quite good

BUY THAT BOOK

16. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Thank you. I have bought the book already using the 20% discount coupon.

17. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    **** where to find those coupons?
    i haven't found a single one

18. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    They're in the major papers, for eg u can find them in Life! on Sat, or Plus on Sunday.. however today's the last day the offer is valid and I still have 2 coupons unused. Wasted.. [face_plain]

19. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    For everyone who's sick and tired of Kino and their stupid policies, if you want to get issues of these from G&B comics at Bras Basah (at probably a cheaper price)
    let me know and i'll see what I can do 'cause the owner is going to start ordering for me from the next issue =)

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    SW Insider #62 coming out next month, in the first week I pressume:

Jedi Fighting and More in Insider #62
    September 11, 2002

The first rule about the seven forms of lightsaber combat is that you don't talk about the seven forms of lightsaber combat. The latest issue of Star Wars Insider, the official publication of The Star Wars Fan Club, shines a light(saber) on Jedi fighting techniques, from the standard to the esoteric, from the elegant to the deadly.
    Jedi abound in this issue, which includes a guide to the sixteen most famous guardians of peace and justice, including the blue-skinned cover girl, Aayla Secura.

This issue also continues the serialized New Jedi Order story, Emissary of the Void, by Greg Keyes. The first three parts can be found here at starwars.com. Episode IV, "Relic of Ruin" can only be found in the Insider.

Producer Rick McCallum chats about the latest developments in the future of Star Wars, from the Episode II DVD to Episode III and beyond.

A guide to the starships of Episode II, a look at the cast of the Ewok TV movies, behind the scenes of Topps new Episode II Widevision set, the inside scoop on Destiny's Way, the future of CG stars from ILM's own Rob Coleman, and much, much more fill out this issue.

Star Wars Insider #62 starts shipping to subscribers and Fan Club members on Sept 13, and hits newsstands in October.

21. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    As uaual people, once u see it's out, contact everyone here hor!

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh great! With my current expanditure, I doubt I can start subscribing this month and unlikely next month too. :_|

Lottery! Let me win Lottery! (Wait a minute, I never buy lottery :p )

23. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    The latest issue of Star Wars Insider, the official publication of The Star Wars Fan Club, shines a light(saber) on Jedi fighting techniques, from the standard to the esoteric, from the elegant to the deadly.

Oooh...must get! :D

DE - Lottery! Let me win Lottery! (Wait a minute, I never buy lottery :p)

LOL :D

24. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I hope they carry news about Episode III from this issue!

25. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    first of all, it comes with a Episode II widevision promo card (P1) in the polybag.

there's a small update with rick mccallum, where he says, "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime." which, frankly, i think should be printed on a t-shirt.

he talks about the DVD: "the 2-disc set will be similar to the DVD for The Phantom Menace. 'There's a lot of good stuff, a lot of fun stuff, some deleted scenes that we completed.' What it won't include is as much dramatic behind-the-scenes footage, but that's because filming Attack of the Clones 'went very smoothly. We didn't have any dramas.' Nonetheless, McCallum promises fans plenty of additional material. 'We're trying to utilize the DVD medium as best we can.'"

on episode III: george hasn't finished writing the script (as of press time). in november, production moves to australia to begin construction and set up to film. they start shooting in june.

the design team is cranking out concepts, which are mostly general, right now. apparantly, there are some interesting vehicles and about 5 or 6 possible new planets.

there's also a small article on Indy IV. frank darabont is writing the script. "The only thing that can be said is that the point in history in which the story takes place will be relative to Ford's age and the Indiana Jones timeline. When is that? We'll all know the answer when they start filming."

one last thing, it looks as though we're getting an issue next month!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.