main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Insider Issue 59

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Winbros, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winbros

Winbros Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002

Everybody,

You have to get your hands on #59 of Insider. It ROCKS!

I just received it from the US (lucky to get a subscription before WotC took over and restricted subscribers to US/Canada) and I already love it though I haven't read it yet.

Its the 25th Anniversary of the Force issue and there are articles on Mark Hammil (Luke), Harrison Ford (Han), Carrie Fisher (Leia) and Peter Mayhew (Chewie) on what they've been up to etc.

Also, there's a who's who on the Rogue Squadron, up to 45 Rebel Aces and short writeups on them.

There's also the Sneak Preview to the Essential Guide to Characters, an ultimate prequel update on AOTC, a look at the AOTC 3 3/4 inch figures and much much more......

Ok, gonna go dive into my copy now. Good luck getting it. If any of you can't get it, we can arrange to meet up and I'll bring my copy for a look-see.

Take care and May the Force be with You.......

1 1/2 months to AOTC.... woohoo..... :)

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yo..thanks for that info abt Insider - I'll sure look out for it! If I'm lucky, I'll find it!

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh no! We got to wait till end of next week to get the Insider in Singapore. :( Can't wait! Can't wait!

1 1/2 months to AOTC.... woohoo.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :eek:

I haven't save up enough money to buy merchandises (you know, every few days got to eat at KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell to get the goodies; magazines to buy in doubles and other odd stuffs to collect :D)!

I haven't even started on Zam Wesell!! Don't want to end up carrying Jin-Roh rifle and wearing Wesell's helmet with a "Akan Datang" on my t-shirt! :p

4. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    'Akan Datang' on your T-shirt?

*looks around for minors*

*runs away*

sorry. bad sense of humour at this time of the day.

5. Winbros

Winbros Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002

No Worries

If Rick (MaCullum) n Georgie (Lucas) can get the films out on tight schedule (they're still editing and inserting minor scenes you know).... you can get your costumes together in time....

& I've also had a nightmare time getting the magazines covering the movie, seems kinda silly to fork out $10+ for a foreign mag that I probably won't read with a 2 page writeup on AOTC.... In fact, I was staring at some woman's mag at WHSmith cos the 60+ page mag had a 4 page article on AOTC, was debating whether to buy it or not. The light side of the Force won and I walked away :p

Like i said, lemme know if anyone couldn't get a copy of #59 and we can arrange to meet up and browse thru my copy.

Take care n MtFbwY. :)

6. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    50 days to AOTC, and counting down...

Still haven't got the cloth yet. Hopefully I will be able to go this Friday...

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Say, what merchandise are you guys spending on?

I'd hope to buy some books and most of the 3 3/4 inch figures. Would like the poster as well! hehe

8. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    There'll be absolutely NO KFC TACO BELLS tie ups this time round, so SAVE all ur $$$ for the action figs instead.

8 Days will be coming out with a special Issue for AOTC in May. Make sure you get it too! Remember the 4 covers 8 Days back in 99?

9. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I dunno...maybe one or two action figures. They're so expensive...and I don't do anything with them except display them.

In my closed cupboard with opaque wooden doors. :p

They'll gather lots of dust if I put them out on a shelf. I tried. ::Shudder:: :D

I'll probably be getting T-shirts...and how much does the poster cost?

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    JediClare
    Still haven't got the cloth yet. Hopefully I will be able to go this Friday...

Going to Arab Street or Chinatown or Spotlight? :D

Hmm, no KFC or Taco Bell ties up this time? But there'll still be Pepsi, right? Heehee, hope YHS & Pepsi organize those contests and collection of freebies again. :p Think I'll mostly spent on the magazines, some collectibles and donno what else. These stuffs don't last long as the books and action figures so have to catch 'em all! Don't think will be getting much Action Figure this round too (unless that Vader vs OB1 goes on sale from 39.90 to 19.90!) and I'm happy with my Zam Wesell for now (she's not even out of her box too).

8 more days till SW Insider emerge in our bookshops! :)

11. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I forgot to mention...change of plans. Get someone to agree to make it for me before I go looking for cloth. And I only get an opportunity to speak to that person next Friday, so I'm not looking for cloth yet.

And I also forgot (it's late, what) to mention the soundtrack. :p

12. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Hi there Winbros - you say there's a short write-ups of all the 45 Rogue squad ace? You mind to include Jek Porkins here? He's my favourite Pilot :)
    Thanks.

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha...is any of your gonna buy any of the 3 Limited Edition covers for the soundtrack?

Maybe I'll buy the normal one and one limited edition one...:D

14. Winbros

Winbros Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002

HSFett

Mr Porkins is in the 45 pilots. A short writeup on him too. Check it out in your copy. :)

15. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    FYI, there'll be NO Pepsi promotions too... it's only a Hasbro-Lucasfilm-Lego-Kelloggs promo only... that's all for Episode II...

Good news for my wallet!

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    How do you know? :eek:

And we don't get Kelloge's SW Promotion in Singapore, remember?

17. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Is the latest INSIDER out yet?

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yup! It's out!

I got mind from Kinokuniya today :D

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Did you get the last MIP (Mint In Package) copy? ;)

I got the 2nd last one (thought of getting both but well, my wallet seems to rule over me today :( ) at Kino, Taka. There is still the open one too.

Anyone tried getting it from Kino Liang Court(?) B4 or other specific places?

For those who missed it, try Borders and like someone said, Sunny Bookstore within the week or next and you may get lucky too!

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    haha yeah Darth_Eagle I grabbed the last mint copy..once I saw it I quickly dashed for it!

For others who haven't bought, don't fret, cause they'll be other places which won't be able to sell all their copies of Insider..

21. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I went down to Kinokuniya Orchard, Bugis and Liang Court... cannot find a single issue... none at Borders too... sob sob...

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Borders usually get it much later than Kino and it cost more too. Kino also seems to be getting faster in fulfilling our special orders (I ordered 2 mangas on Friday and today it's available :D )

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    How to order stuff from Kino? What kind of requests do they accept?

Bobafett81 - Keep looking..I don't think Singapore has that many crazy Star Wars fans! Even comic shops, and good magazine vendors might have them.

24. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Try Alaric's Collections (I think that's the shop name) at The Heeren. I went on Sunday and they said that it wasn't released yet, so there's a small chance of it being sold out by now. :D

25. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I got my Insider today at BORDERS. There were a LOT of Insiders... so no hurry...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.