main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Star Wars Insider Magazine - Help!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by malelesbo, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malelesbo

malelesbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    I'm trying to find out if there are still copies of the most recent Star Wars Insider Magazine on the newsstands, and if any of y'all OC Star Wars Fiends have seen it anywhere recently. I'm in the process of packing to move, and haven't been able to pick it up yet. I think this is the issue with the female Twi'Lek Jedi, Aayla Secura on the cover (she's hot like sauce).

Anyway, if anyone has seen it at like Borders or Barnes and Noble, post a reply or PM me if it might still be available. Thanks for your help.

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I haven't looked, but the latest you should still be able to get the latest one at a Barnes and Noble.

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I just saw one last night at Comics Unlimited in Huntington Beach (actually, it's in Westminster), but it was the Acklay (sp?) cover.

4. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    The Acklay is the newest one, i just got it about a week or two ago in the mail. The Secura cover was the previous issue. I have it at home. I don't know where to find a copy of it, but you can always just order it from SW Insider, they seel back issues for awhile. if you're interested let me know and I'll get you the adress and stuff you need to order it, and price or whatever. I'm at school right now, or I'd just go look it up. you can PM me. :)

5. malelesbo

Jul 30, 2002
    Wow...this turn of events is unfortunate. I jolted up to the Tustin Marketplace during my lunch break, since there is a Barnes and Noble there. Couldn't find the store anywhere, the place is HUGE, so I walked into Tower Records. No sign of the magazine. I hate it when they take magazines off the rack! Just so I can ogle over some blue flesh. Jeez.

Heading to Borders at the Block after work, they should be good for it. I may just take up ordering it through the magazine like you suggested, Droideka. Good idea.

My quest continues...

6. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Um, do you want the whole issue or just the cover? I'm pretty sure I can scan my cover and email it to you if that's all you want. Heck, you can probably find it online somewhere too.

Blue skin or no, she is nice to look at :)

I got some pictures of the actress at last years comic-con if you'd like those too.

7. pivy

pivy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    As a former bookstore employee, I can tell you what happens to old issues of magazines:
    As soon as the new issue arrives, the old one is pulled off the shelf and replaced with the new one. The old copies are taken off the sales floor and are "stripped," a process in which the covers are torn off and the body of the magazine is discarded. the covers are then sent back to the magazine distributors as proof of the unsold copies and the store is credited for them. The reason they strip them is that it's way too much in postage to send back the whole thing; it's cheaper to thorw them out.
    So unless it's a small bookstore or way behind in their new arrivals, you won't find it at any major store (Barnes & Noble, Borders, Tower, etc.) Your best bet is to order a back issue.
    Hope that helps.

--Ivy

8. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    as a searcher for truth, i have discovered on my journeys a place of many wonderous things [tiny figures made of a metal alloy,
    volumes of instructions on esoteric subjects,
    reproductions of military and civilian transports, chance cubes and other mystical items] while wandering through this oasis of enlightenment i found back issues of the requested type. this place is called Brookhurst Hobbies. good hunting!

MTFBWY,

zhi-don

9. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Brookhurst Hobbies is within walking distance of my apartment! Let me know if you don't find it and I'll pop in to see if they have it for you!

10. malelesbo

Jul 30, 2002
    Brookhurst Hobbies...yes! The Force is strong with all of you. Thanks. I can casually stroll there from my home. Anyone else that has any scans or pics of said Jedi can send them to my e-mail, a_helmer@hotmail.com.

May the Force be with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.