main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars Insider Original Fiction

Discussion in 'Literature' started by fistofan1, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Two new stories announced.

"Just got in two new STAR WARS INSIDER short stories from the authors. The first is from Jeff Grubb, and ties into STAR WARS: SCOURGE--and is freakin' awesome! The second is by Jason Fry, and it ties into THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO WARFARE. I haven't read it yet, but having talked with Jason about what the story is going to be, I can't wait.

Both these stories (and books) will be out in 2012, so make sure to keep a look out for them. (DP)"

I love how pretty much each new novel is getting a tie-in story in the Insider. Pretty sweet.

2. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Does anyone know if the next issue, issue 131, has a short story in it? And if so, does anyone know which story it is? Is it the Scoruge story, the Warfare story, or a different one?

3. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    Star Wars Insider # 131 will feature MAZE RUN, by new Star Wars authors David J. Williams and Mark Williams. It is a tie-in to the Haynes Millennium Falcon Manual, coming out on Jan. 31 in the USA. (The Insider will also be available on newsstands from January 31, with subscription copies arriving days before that)

According to the Star Wars Books (Del Rey) Facebook page, MAZE RUN is a "really cool classic Han & Chewie adventure aboard the Millennium Falcon. In fact, the old girl is really the star of the story."

You might want to check out my release-date schedule on www.starwarstimeline.com, which is usually quite up to date with this kind of information (and will be so again in about a week, when I am released from the hospital)

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The MF Manual has been out here in the UK for awhile - I've seen it in my local bookstore. It looks pretty good. I'd have probably bought it by now if the price was a bit lower.

5. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    I have the UK version as well, and IMHO, it ranks up there with the best sourcebooks like the Essential Atlas and Jedi Path... I am quite curious for the short story in the Insider... There's already a 1-page comic-advertisement in which Han and Chewie use the manual to repair the Falcon (What's nice about the UK book is that it does not have Star Wars in its title, making it a real in-universe book!)

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got the ones that were done for Concorde and the Titanic and I liked them. I might have to look again at this next time I'm in the local Waterstones or next time I put an Amazon UK order in.

7. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Maze Run is a classic Han-Chewie-Falcon adventure where they run into some trouble and solve them. Pretty general on the whole, it is spiced by some unexpected continuity references though.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Is it written in Aurebesh?

9. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm guessing it's written in the High Galactic alphabet. ;-)

10. eddie1969

Feb 3, 2005
    LOL!!!!

Yes sir, it is!! (And thanks for one of the most original and interesting articles to be published ever!!)

11. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Whats next?

The Shea Hublin story or the Mander Zuma story?

12. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    It was my pleasure. Thanks for the high praise. :)

13. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Oooh, what unexpected continuity references?

TC

14. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Jenny, the Rishi Maze, an ancient Sith battlecruiser, Alexsandr Badure, Adar Tallon and Tork.

15. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
  16. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Whats next?

The Shea Hublin story or the Mander Zuma story?

17. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    From Pablo over at the official Star Wars Blog, about Insider #136:

Also of interest: Who's Who is back.

18. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Hmm, interesting. I remember they had a Who's Who of the Outlander club back in '03 or '04. I might still have the issue back in Charleston. Also, that Maze Run story sounds pretty neat.

19. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I got the new issue yesterday. The story is interesting. It takes places a few years before the Clone Wars and features Fad Band jus starting out. It wasn't the best, but was better than some of the others.

Anybody know what stories are coming up next after Reputation?

20. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I thought the Cad Bane story was okay. Not great. Not really a fan of Bane's character.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hopefully I'll get the issue soon. UK usually gets it later than US.

22. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I got mine awhile ago. Like 2-3 weeks, I think.

23. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Insider issues 62 through 77, 79 through 81, 83 through 89, 124 through 126, 128 through 131, 133 through 139, 141, and 143 through 150 contain short stories and other in universe material.

But do issues 1 through 61, 78, 82, 90 through 123, 127, 132, 140, and 142? That's what I want to know.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Who's read Blade Squadron? How is it?

25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

First Part kind of suffers from being really short, but pretty fun.

darklordoftech likes this.