main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars Insider Original Fiction

Discussion in 'Literature' started by fistofan1, Mar 13, 2011.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Glad to hear it's fun. Are all the Endor B-Wings part of Blade Squadron? Why didn't Blade Leader say "Blade Leader standing by" to Lando?

2. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    They were probably a part of Blue Group, like most (all?) of the other B-Wings.

3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Blue Leader didn't say "Blue Leader standing by" either...

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    They are not in the main attack group together with Lando, but a rearguard unit, at least that's how I understood it.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Thanks. Are there any short stories that you want to see in the future? I want something about Palpatine proposing the taxes that lead to TPM.

6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Some Fringer stories are always nice. Something a la the WEG short story Blaze of Glory would of course be amazing.

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It's weird to think that the pilots in this story are just as canon as Luke Skywalker or Wedge Antilles. Not only that, but they're actually canon, whereas Kell Tainer and Face Loran aren't. :_|

8. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There, there... :-(

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Just finished part 2, also disappointingly short, but alright. The one in the current one, “One Thousand Levels Down” though is very, very good and I would recommend it to everyone.

10. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I thought it was okay. It was a different point of view, which was much appreciated, but the way it was told was a bit tough for me. I get that maybe the disjointed story-telling was a way to convey the disjointed feelings for the characters, but... still didn't flow well enough for me.

11. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Not just maybe imho ;) and of course you could fill the gaps directly, but it would somehow actually take away from the story and it's emotional impact, whilst also stop blowing the available page numbers.

12. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I need to resubscribe to Insider one of these days. It's just pricy, but I never can find the individual issues in stores anymore...

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love a story that explains Palpatine's face.

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I've been trying for a while to find the story "Rebel Bass" (that's "bass" as in the musical register and the instrument, not the fish), but I can't remember whether it was from Insider or Gamer—anyone know? (And does anyone happen, by some small off-chance, to have it handy and scannable?)

15. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Gamer 6

Well there is the ROTS novel which is still the most useful explanation, though it might come up in that upcoming Vader/Palpatine novel.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Don't think I have Gamer #6 but I did find a plot synopsis of the story on The Wook.

17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks! Gorefiend actually sent me a PDF of the story, so I'm all set. I used to have a copy of Gamer 6 somewhere, but I can't find it—I hope it's just hiding in a box in the basement.

18. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Happens in Cloak of Deception, and it's much more...SIDIOUS than that.

19. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    Man, I subscribed when they announced their fiction would be canon from 'Blade Squadron' onward, but there hasn't been anything new since July. Seems the December issue won't have anything either.

Were the stories always this sporadic? I hope the added Story Group oversight doesn't throw a wrench in their frequency.

Maybe I should just track down a newsstand that carries the magazine after all.

20. Joe Kalicki

Joe Kalicki Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2014

I did the same thing and am also disappointed we get two issues in a row with novel excerpts.

But hey, at least I got a free t-shirt!