main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars Insider short fiction -- Use other thread for JtTFA shorts!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Apr 22, 2015.

1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, that was a good read, glad they added the illustrations. Looking forward to part two.

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Do what I did with the SW.com blade squadron article. Copy the whole text onto a word document then save as. Now you can read the excerpt whenever you like, I'm a genius[face_devil]

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    y'know you can just save the page as an html file or even as a pdf and get better fidelity that way, right? :p

On the note of preservation, as these start to go up I'm going to keep a running index on the opening post of the thread. We should've done that with the TOS blogs too, but better late than never.

Revanfan1, starfish and SilentGuy66 like this.
  4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  5. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
  6. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Anybody else notice that in this version, Blade Squadron is no longer a mixed group of A and B-wings, instead being a pure B-wing squadron? The end is also slightly edited, with Stamm and Moonsong being the only survivors with no mention of Fanty, even though he appears in Zero Hour.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There will be a "Tales from the GFAA" series of short stories about the aliens in the Vanity Fair cantina picture... "High Noon on Jakku," "The Crimson Corsair," and "The Treasure of Count Dooku" by Landry Walker. An e-short story by Delilah Dawson called "The Perfect Weapon" about Bazine, the woman in black in the same alien pic.

edit: It's entirely possible that Tales from the GFAA is actually a separate short story compendium, like the good old "Tales" books. The title actually points in that direction, too. And the e-short isn't in Insider at all.

However, there WILL be an Alan Dean Foster short coming in a future Insider issue about an alien in that same cantina so... lots of aliens coming up, guys!

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    o_O
    [face_plain]

ATimson likes this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    So I missed a letter. Twice.

That's my prerogative!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    It's Tales from the Galaxy Far Aarr Away. It has pirates.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    "High noon" makes me think of a classic shootout between a lawman and a criminal in an old western. Lawman = constable...?

[​IMG]

The dude on the right here?

[​IMG]

...yeah, I got nothing for this one. But still, cool title!

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Count Dooku is not forgotten!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    Also included is a short called "Face of Evil" that you must've accidentally forgotten.

14. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    "
    “High Noon on Jakku” (playing with a western genre), “All Creatures Great and Small” (Landry calls it a fable), “The Face of Evil” (horror story), “The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku” (hybrid story) by Landry Walker. To be released on December 1."

^ so this is a single book with several stories in it? Or several books? Or what exactly? It's the only thing I'm confused about.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  15. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I would guess a single book, apparently called "Star Wars: Tales From a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens" based on the audio from the panel (though that may just be some kind of banner like Journey to ST:TFA). Interestingly a similar book is supposed to be released on April 26, 2016 by Disney-Lucasfilm Press titled just "Star Wars: Tales From a Galaxy Far, Far Away" written by Jason P. Wojtowicz. Either these are actually the same book and the Amazon info is incorrect or there will be another of these short story collections later. TFaGFFA: Aliens and TFaGFFA: XXXX....

And the titles of the six short stories that were announced have been reported incorrectly almost everywhere it seems and can be found on the same page as the audio with more info (link above), they seem to be:

- "The Perfect Weapon" e-book by Delilah S. Dawson (probably published by Del Rey)
    - "Bait" by Alan Dean Foster (Insider #162)
    - "High Noon on Jakku"
    - "All Creatures Great and Small"
    - "The Face of Evil"
    - "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku” (not two different stories)

16. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm so confused lol

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    - "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku”

Spoiler: the treasure is a hologram.

18. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Does anybody know if they are going to stick to only 1 short story an issue? I bought 157 for Orientation and while I enjoyed the story it just wasn't worth the cost. If they published multiple short stories each issue I would definitely consider subscribing.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So a collection out on December 1.

20. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Any way to read them if you don't have a kindle?

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    They can probably be converted to a PDF. That's usually doable so long as you have the e-book file on your computer.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Update: the Tales from GFFA short stories are being published by Disney Lucasfilm Press and will also be released as independent e-novellas, just as "The Perfect Weapon" will be by Del Rey.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  23. TheyMightBeGeeks

Jul 23, 2015
    That hasn't been officially confirmed has it? I'm personally 99.9% sure TFaGFFA is an anthology of these 4 Landry Walker short stories but this was said so I don't think it's "official" yet.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, I was going from the same chain -- that the 4 will be released digitally. Whether or not they're as an anthology we'll have to wait and see.

25. TheyMightBeGeeks

Jul 23, 2015
    Jason P. Wojtowicz is a designer that likely just did the layout/design of TFaGFFA. He also did "The Weapon of a Jedi", "Moving Target", and "Smuggler's Run" which he was obviously not the author of. This is almost certainly temporary database placeholder info. Plus Michael Siglain of Lucasfilm Publishing said these 4 Landry Walker short stories are published by Disney-Lucasfilm Press who is also releasing TFaGFFA and all previous young adult and middle grade books. All this points to TFaGFFA being an anthology of these stories, they just don't want to announce that yet and hurt the sales of the eNovella versions. The Perfect Weapon is being released by Del Rey so it's more of an "adult" release.

EDIT: That will also put these at roughly 60 "young adult" pages each.

Hamawald likes this.