star wars insider

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by darth_nutty, Feb 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nutty Jedi Padawan

There hasn't been a SW Insider issue for like almost half a year! I've been looking out for it at Borders, Kinokuniya and Tower Records, but no sign. Wonder why it's taking so long.
  2. howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    Never even bought it...
  3. HumsupFett Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you know that SW Fan Club is the one printing the SW Insiders? Well, they got bought over by "Wizards of the Coast" or something like that. It is a Comic publisher / organisation. So we don't get to see the insiders as it is still in transition for the take over. But I do heard that the new issue was released in the US already under WOTC (about a month ago) and we should be seeing the new copy soon...so hang in there and check out the place u mentioned earlier.
    By the way, I only bought one issue of the Insider (issue 49 dedicated to ESB).

Cheers!!
  4. HumsupFett Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Howl, what happen to the stars besides the pseudo?? I want my star back!!!
  5. howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    The stars were removed to help establish equality.
  6. HumsupFett Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh no, we are heading towards communism!!
  7. howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs!
  8. darth_nutty Jedi Padawan

Yeah, issue 49 dedicated to ESB was real gooood. I loved the Kershner interview.

Wonder what would have happened if Kershner directed TPM. He did say he would have made TPM more humorous, instead of being so dead-pan serious.
  9. HumsupFett Jedi Knight

star 3
    TPM humorous? No way I want that. isn't Jar Jar a big disgrace already??
  10. darth_nutty Jedi Padawan

Errr...I think Mr Kershner meant humorous in a witty manner, instead of in a slapstick manner (JJB stepping on poodoo).
  11. HumsupFett Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi Darth Nutty, do you know the SW Insider arrive in Singapore once again? Check out Kinokuniya at Taka, they carry it at $14+ per copy. The cover is a C3PO and R2-D2.
  12. darth_nutty Jedi Padawan

Arrgghhh..this is so unfair! Borders sell them at $16.50. Damn!
  13. HumsupFett Jedi Knight

star 3
    HA HA HA HA HA!!!! There u go, 2 bucks outta your pocket.
    Kinokuniya usually sells cheaper better quality (meaning shrinkwrap) magazines as compares to Borders though they don't have that large variety. But the ones that I bought is always available at K. Nevermind, just remember the next time.

You mention in my other thread that u notice a toy shop in Adelphi? You are asking them make some models for u?? What do you mean? They are customiser izit? Wow, I am really interested in that piece of story...tell me tell me!!
  14. darth_nutty Jedi Padawan

Yeah they make SW models for you, at a fee of course. The fee includes painting the models to make them look like items from the "used/secondhand" universe that Lucas created.

Adelphi 3rd Sty, and they have a new shop on the 2nd Sty.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.