1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Co-GM

Not withstanding this, I will be giving Bardan Jusik's character(s) an introductory job, that will require them not to hail the Mercs once they come out of hyperspace.

Spycoder, CPL, do you want to PM me with ideas and thoughts re your future assignment to the Delinquent?
    Last edited by Sith-I-5, Sep 4, 2012
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    OOC: OOG: Bardan and I have been talking about setting up a back story where Fress and Taab have crossed paths in the past. I didn't mention any names of the bounty hunters she gave the slip so one of the five is going to be Taab. Stay tuned should create some interesting tension between Fress and Taab. We're both looking forward to typing this up :D
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  3. Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master

star 1
    IC: Kasumi/Herc/Circuit/C.T.
    Authority, Hangar Bay

Kasumi could feel the look before Herc said something.

"We're being watched..."

"I know. I'll meet up with her later."

"Over the famous tea huh?"

"You remember that?"

"Of course. Such a simple act of caring and yet such a simple way to bring two people together."

"It's a family thing. Another round my friend?"

"I thought you would never ask."

Round 2

Circuit had finished with the rewiring that Fress had requested and now wanted to ensure that it was correct.

"Excuse me, Fress, is this what you had in mind?"

C.T. took a look at Circuits work.

"You do good work my friend."

"So do you, all those codes many my head spin."

C.T. smiled.

"What, those easy puzzles?"

Circuit picked up the nearest work glove and playfully threw it at C.T.

Tag: Fress
  4. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    IC: Fress Colias
    Authority Hangar bay/training

"Excuse me, Fress, is this what you had in mind?"

C.T. took a look at Circuits work.

"You do good work my friend."

"So do you, all those codes many my head spin."

C.T. smiled.

"What, those easy puzzles?"

Circuit picked up the nearest work glove and playfully threw it at C.T.

Fress walked over with a smile as she heard C.T. teasing Circuit. She hit the play button and watched as the simulator came alive as six TIEs closed in on the X-wing. “This is good work, Circuit. Looks right, but we’ll know more when I go to try it. I plan to try the simulators after the training sessions. I have another simulator in mind. An eight to one scenario, as the X-wing goes to dive underneath the TIEs that have cornered it, see if you can get the TIEs to think more on their own by re-cornering the X-wing by having all eight TIEs spreading out instead of following the X-wing and surrounding it again not allowing an easy escape. This is more for my self but if I figure out how to beat it, I may train others to be able to get out of a situation like that.”

Tag Coffee
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Sep 5, 2012
  5. Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master

star 1
    IC: Circuit/C.T.
    Authority, Hangar bay

"This is more for my self but if I figure out how to beat it, I may train others to be able to get out of a situation like that.”

"You are never satisfied are you, Fress? You want to push and push until you are the best. Last time I checked you were."

"Granted, Circuit and I have been in the block, but I would wager that nothing had changed. Or are you still chasing that record that caused you to sneak out to the simulators?"

C.T. smiled at Fress.

The restart of combat again caught his attention and he smiled.

"Kinda reminds me of Herc. Always pushing and striving to be the best....no matter what anyone else says."

Tag: Fress
  6. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Authority Hangar Bay/ Training

"You are never satisfied are you, Fress? You want to push and push until you are the best. Last time I checked you were."

"Granted, Circuit and I have been in the block, but I would wager that nothing had changed. Or are you still chasing that record that caused you to sneak out to the simulators?"

C.T. smiled at Fress.

Fress gave a mischief grin hoping to catch C.T. and Circuit off a bit. She gave a quick wink. “Nice thought but I already beat Anakin’s record when I was eleven. I just want to make sure I can get out of the situation before I attempt to train others in the same situation. I wouldn’t attempt to train someone in a simulation unless I know it can be beaten. Otherwise there’s no point. I already know I’m the best and yes that’s the ego talking.”

Tag Coffee
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Sep 5, 2012
  7. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: nrcs Dak Trooper (Imperial Intelligence - Bureau of Operations), H the Hoojib, Imperial Intelligence Headquarters

I still can't believe Imperial Intelligence employed a dumbass like you. The white, floppy-eared lagomorph telepathed to his friend and former student, as it sat on the sun-cracked wood of the trestle table that some personnel used for lunch when they weren't eating at their desks. Beside the rabbit-like sentient, sat it's transport, the customised black sphere of an ITO interrogation droid, laying open in two hinged halves. In one half lay a violet silk cushion, and some rudimentary flight/weapon controls, while the top half was empty bowl. Obviously when closed, there would be room for the hoojib on his cushion. Oi!

This exclamation was in response to the Jango-clone seated opposite, in the cream-white military-style tunic of Imperial Intelligence, pouring a paper bag of salt-and-vinegar-laden food into the empty half of its globe.

"What?" Dak asked, round a mouthful. He was getting on a bit for a clone, now. He had been around for Order 66, but not participated. Mainly because he'd been working Coruscant Fire Service at the time, flying those red and white tenders, striding through burning spacecraft wrecks looking for survivors.
    By his own reasoning, Order 66 involved fatally shooting any jedi on sight, not inviting them to a one person foam party, wet 'em up a bit, give 'em a chill, and hope they karked from pnuemonia in a few days. And he'd have to do follow-up, deny them access to dry clothes, radiators.

Actually, Dak's reasoning had gotten a bit more flowery over the intervening years; at the time, he had only gone with, "all I can do is wet them up a bit".

My globe is going to smell of chips for the rest of the day.

"You don't have a sense of smell."

Of course I do. What do you think my nose is for?

"Nuzzling into the laps of cute femmes while they stroke you?"

Well...yes, H conceded reluctantly, but I'm sure that isn't what evolution had in mind when it provided one.

Dak Trooper had saved up for equipment, and, four years after the Empire formed, switched careers from CFS to bounty-hunting, where, under the Bounty Hunters Guild's "Don't Get Killed In Your First Two Weeks" mentoring programme, he had been assigned to H, the hoojib with which he now shared lunch.

Early on, Dak and H had investigated disturbances on the abandoned HNN Skyhook, and hooked up with the Inquisitor Lord Nelf in the pursuit of suspected jedi terrorists. It was the Inquisitor's long-term patronage, as well as that of Director Isard, though he wasn't sure if her help counted as 'matronage'-

No, it doesn't.

-that had gotten him this gig.

Dak grapped up a handful of the yellow lengths of potato, piling them into his mouth.

Due to his heritage, he was responsible for all the Mandolorian operatives that the Bureau of Operations used, and before coming out, he had packaged a contract message, and despatched it to the bounty hunter, Beskaryc:

Su'cuy gar!

Okay, got a priority Red Zero op for you.

In the Greater Javin sector, there is a team of four tra'verds hiding out on a Immobiliser 418 cruiser in a Conflict Orange sit.

As soon as you hit the area, monitor frequency 137 to zero in on their general location. Get close, blend in. We are not expecting you to rescue Seige Team Six yourself, just provide the transport that they can come to, let them know you are close by on one of the covert Imperial freqs.

I would expect them to pack up their sith and come out to you as soon as viable.

Once you have them, take them to the Ord Pardron, and look for the frigate, Hard Eight.

Double your usual fee. Half up front, half on delivery.

The bounty hunter would no doubt recognise the "Red Zero" as GAR-speak for "immediate extraction".
    Dak picked out the last chips, licked the pad of his forefinger and used it to dab up the last traces of salt and crumbs.

C'Boath on a bike; I can't take you anywhere.

The Bureau agent gestured to the holdout pistol that H was sucking the energy from. "You finished?"

Gimme a minute.

"'Kay." Dak leaned back, looking across the rolling green lawns as he wiped his fingers with a tissue.

Tag: @Barsad Jusik
  8. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    IC Atin Taab
    Rooftop, Skyline Tower, Niro 11

It was an exhilerating feeling for Atin as he rocketed up the side of the Skyline Tower only blocks away from the Bank Niro Eleven. He loved any chance he got to use the jetpack strapped to his back. The feeling of freedom as he flew was like none other, perhaps the only other one that could match it was when his buir let him at the controls of the Crusader. Only moments before he had been dropped off from the speeder in the alleyway next to the building by his father and the rest of their group a motley collection of local criminals. Atin could tell that buir didn't like the others, that he looked down upon them, but he knew that he was doing his best to help train Atin in a vareity of jobs and potential situations. Atin also got the feeling that the other's couldn't be trusted, and he had learned that this was never a good thing. He was sure something would have to be done about it eventually, after they were finished with the bank.

He settled on the rooftop and set his buy'ce's sensors to alert him to anyone trying to sneak up behind him. Such was unlikely up here, there would be no reason for anyone else to be out on the roof, but buir had taught him to take no chances. He moved into his overwatch position and opened the bipod to his Verpine shattergun setting it down in front of him as he went prone.

[IMG]

There were only so many approach routes to the bank. Any responding law enforcement would have to travel one of them, it was Atin's job to spot them coming and deny them those routes. It was something he knew he could easily do, but doing it alone was new for him. Usually his father was not so far out of the immediate area and could back him up if required. Still Atin was nothing if not self reliant, 10 years alone on SouthCont had taught him that.

He checked the chrono on his HUD, the heist should have started by now, silent alarms triggered by someone and the nearest police patrol alerted. Still he saw no response just yet. Maybe no alarm had been raised. If so this was going to be a very boring assignment . At that moment he saw two police speeders making their way towards the bank. He zoomed his view. Yes they were most certainly law enforcement, he could see the markings clearly now. And their sirens were blaring, as civilian speeders parted ways for them. Atin looked out over the other approach routes. So far these were the only two responders. They were roughly 750 meters out, an easy shot for him and his rifle. Atin took aim, paused his breathing and fired twice, once at each vehicle.

The hypersonic slugs fired by the shattergun travelled quickly to their targets, the repulsorlift generators of the vehicles. They struck less then a second apart and the results were immediate. Both speeders halted their forward progress and crashed to the ground, luckily for the occupants only a few meters below them. They threw themselves out, blasters drawn and at the ready. But they had no targets, no idea of where the shots had bee fired from. They shouted to one another in confusion. Atin kept an eye on them, to ensure they would not start to advance towards the bank on foot. If they did he would be forced to be more lethal in his shot placement. He reported in.

"Buir, the nexu is out of the bag. Code green. Better hurry up".

Code green told his father that the authorities were pinned down for the moment. He knew his father would approve of the non-lethal tactic. Robbing a bank was one thing but escalating it by killing unarmed civilians or even armed police was quite another. If they were no threat, than neutralized was better then dead. Less of an investigation afterwards, or so his father had said. Besides, wanton slaughter was unprofessional.

With that acomplished and a signal from his father that the assault group was leaving the bank, Atin took up his rifle and jetpacked to the rally point. He could now see that more law enforcement was on its way, but there was nothing they could do now. The heist was already completed.

IC Beskaryc Taab
    Bank Niro Eleven, Niro 11

The imposing figure of Beskaryc Taab looked on as his "partners" in crime went about their business in Bank Niro Eleven. Only moments before they had burst into the main lobby of the building and immediatly gone about their assigned tasks. Taab had quickly and prefessionaly dispatched the two security guards inside the facility. Both were overweight humans, ill suited for the task of actually defending the people or the credits that flowed through the bank. As such they had been far too slow to respond to the group of armed sentients as they had over run the room.

The first guard never knew what was going on, Taab had dispatched him with a shot from his dart gun. The toxin worked fast and the guard collapsed to the ground. He would awaken in a few hours with a massive headache, but none the worse for wear. The second guard managed to draw his blaster from his holster. But before he could take aim, Taab fired his fibercord whip at him, wraping it around the blaster and yanking it from the man's hand. Taab grabbed it and pistol whipped the stunned guard into unconsciousness. There would be no further threats from security. Then using his blaster carbine he shot out the security holo-cams. Now, there would be no further record of their criminal activities here either.

While that had gone on, The Duros and Gungan in their group had been "controlling" the customers in the bank, forcing them to lie on floor, their hands held palm down in front of them. The Rodian had taken the bank manager in back, forcing her to open the safe and had begun securing stacks of untracable credits. But that money was just a bonus, the gang had already been paid for their "heist" by someone else. The taking of those additional credits would also serve as a distraction to the frightened people inside as well as investigators later on. For now Taab watched as the real reason for them to be here took her position. She was a small furred Bothan, the ringleader of the group, and the only other one Taab considered a true pro like himself. With the manager in back she set to work in his office, quickly slicing the systems and gaining access to the bank's exclusive client list. Taab didn't pretend to know what she would do with that and the other information there, nor did he care. All he knew was that the system was "off grid" and there was no way to slice it from the outside, hence her paying them for their current activities.

The Gungan yelled out to him . "Why yousa no be killin desan guards?" Taab didn't respond, it was clear he was dealing with amateurs here. Then a voice crackled through his buy'ce. "Buir, the nexu is out of the bag. Code green. Better hurry up". It was his son, set high on his perch a few buildings over. He had used hit jetpack to quickly ascend the tallest building in the area, and was their eye in the sky for this op. His transmision meant that the local police were on their way, It was time to leave. With a few hand gestures Taab informed the Bothan of the situation. She was just wrapping up her part of the job and gave him the signal back. He bellowed out. "Ok lets move." The Rodian came out from the vault, a bag brimming with credits in his arms while the "crowd control" element gave out their instructuctions the the people sprawled out on the floor, telling them to stay down, close their eyes and count to 100. By the time they reached it, the gang was long gone.

After picking up Atin, and switching speeders several times the group arrived at their small hideout, an out of the way hanger in Niro 11's main spaceport. Along the way Taab had endured the incessent babbling of their Gungan member as well as the boasting of the Rodian. He considered shutting them both up, but figured there was no need. Not yet. Once in the hanger, they began to split up the bonus that the Rodian had managed to procure. Each member got an equal share of that and they had already been payed by their Bothan ringleader for helping her to gain the access she needed. "Well this is where we all part ways th..." she managed to get out before Atin sprung into action. He drew his blaster pistol and pumped several shots into the Rodian's chest. The green alien slumped to the floor, his body smoldering. He had never even gotten a shot off.

While this went on Taab extended the hidden blades in his gauntlets. He sliced though the long neck of the Gungan, before drawing one of his own Westar blasters and putting a shot between the eyes of the Duros. Now he and Atin turned towards the Bothan. Taab spoke. "They were unprofessional, one of them would have gotten caught eventually and given us all away." He holstered his blaster, his son did the same. Retracting the blades back into his armor he gestured towards the Bothan "We are professional, and I think we all have an understanding now." The Bothan quickly nodded and they divided up the shares from slaughtered members of their former group amongst themselves.

With that done the Bothan went her own way while Taab and Atin made their way back to the Crusader. "You did well, you knew what we had to do back there without me having to bring it up." His son nodded his head eagerly, "You taught me well buir. Now where to next?" It was a question Taab had already pondered, and one he didn't have an answer to. He would like for his son to train as a mercenary now. To get used to fighting in a larger group, and with aruetiise that he could trust to act professionally. It would be an even bigger plus if said aruetiise could be trusted with his son's life. But such jobs were hard to find. Even with the rebellion going on, there were not alot of high end mercenary jobs available. The Rebellion didn't have the cash to hire too many such groups. The Empire in their arrogance ususally didn't feel the need. Too bad. They would probably have to find something on a smaller scale to get Atin the experiance he needed.

When they arrived at the Crusader Taab deactivated the anti-intruder systems and then he and Atin proceeded to clear the ship. It was part extra precaution, part training for Atin. With that done they stowed their gear (and credits) and made their preparations for departure. It was then that a message came through. It had been forwarded by Ruusan, Taab's wife. She handled most of his "buisness" transactions and was instrumental in finding new clients for them.

Su'cuy gar!

Okay, got a priority Red Zero op for you.

In the Greater Javin sector, there is a team of four tra'verds hiding out on a Immobiliser 418 cruiser in a Conflict Orange sit.

As soon as you hit the area, monitor frequency 137 to zero in on their general location. Get close, blend in. We are not expecting you to rescue Seige Team Six yourself, just provide the transport that they can come to, let them know you are close by on one of the covert Imperial freqs.

I would expect them to pack up their sith and come out to you as soon as viable.

Once you have them, take them to the Ord Pardron, and look for the frigate, Hard Eight.

Double your usual fee. Half up front, half on delivery.

Taab sat back, Ruus had indicated that half the payment had already been made. Apparently this was a contract he couldn't refuse. Still part of it reminded him of the old days, and working with the Republic. A covert op? Yeah that would also be good training for his son as well. Being an offer from the Empire made it all the sweeter. Maybe this would open up the door for more stable mercenary work later on. He turned to his son, who had removed his buy'ce, he still wasn't as used to wearing it all the time like Taab was. The boy was smiling, he had understood the message as well. "What do you say Dad? Should I set a course?" Taab removed his own buy'ce, but didn't return the smile. He only stood up and made his way back to the berthing compartment. "Yeah go ahead, wake me when we get there." he said as he went through the hatch.

After he awoke, Taab made his way to the cockpit, they were here. The ship dropped out of lightspeed at Taab's command and went on silent running, the active sensors were shut down, as were many non-essential systems. To anyone nearby they should be nothing more than a large chunk of space debris. Taab took over the controls and moved the ship off of the main approach lanes in the area. "Start scanning on freq 137. Lets see if anyone is really out there..."

OOC: To keep things simple Taab will usually refer to Beskaryc Taab and Atin will refer to Atin Taab. I am just too lazy to type Beskaryc every time for the character.

TAG: @Sith-I-5
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, Sep 6, 2012
  9. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Bardan Jusik, an extremely good post. Full of detail and action; I could visualise everything going on.
    Two things I would ask, can players get in the habit of referencing or explaining non-Basic language use the first time they use it, for the benefit of readers, please? Sure, they can visit the SW wiki to see what it means, but it does break up the reading experience to cut away, call up the Mando'a page, and scroll down to see that aruetii means "non-Mandalorian", and then switch screens back to carry on reading.

Also, a bugbear of mine. Jumping from one area of the galaxy to the other in the space of one post, or in this case, three lines.

So, Mando'a glossary for mine and Bardan's posts:
    Su'cuy gar! - Hello! Also, literally, "Good to see you still alive!"
    tra'verds - Ah, I made that up. Tra is Mando'a for "space", and verds is Mando for "soldier" or "warrior", and apparently you can combine words with an apostrophe. So, I used tra'verds for "spacetroopers".
    buir - father, mother
    buy'ce - helmet
    aruetiise - non Mandalorians, outsiders

Oh, and you are going to have to solo this one until you make contact with Seige Team Six. Then I will have an npc answer your tag.
    Last edited by Sith-I-5, Sep 6, 2012
  10. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    And I finally get this up...

GM Approved:

Name: Daniel Sandstrider
    Species: human
    Homeworld: Dantooine
    Affiliation: The Mercs

Personality:
    -Traits: Kind, slow to anger, fights when needed.
    -Dislikes: Sith, murderers, Imperials, etc.
    -Habits: Quiet, flies for fun

Appearance:
    -Skin Color: Caucasian
    -Hair Color: Dark brown
    -Eye Color: Hazel
    -Clothing: Dark green Jedi robes
    -Other Attributes:
    -Other Details:

Weapons:
    - E-11 blaster rifle, vibro-sword.

Starship
    -Name: Redemption
    -Class: A-Wing (Aurek-class Tactical Strikefighter)
    -Hyperdrive Class: 2
    -Weapon(s): 2x heavy laser cannons, 2x proton torpedo launchers (6 torpedoes)
    -Shields: Equipped (modified to Z-95 standard)
    -Sublight Speed: 1,400 km/h or 160 MGLT
    -Crew: 1 Pilot
    -Passenger(s): None
    -Max Cargo: 10(kg) (due to larger shield generator)
    -Interior Description: Standard Aurek cockpit. Outside, it is painted dark forest green, with blue trim along the cockpit and wings.

The Force:
    -Sensitive, though untrained.
    Biography:
    -Personal History: Born on Dantooine, Daniel grew up as the typical Dantooine farmer. But he was always looking up at the stars, wanting to fly and explore out in the deep space. He would have to wait for that chance, but eventually he stowed away on one of the Rebel Alliance ships leaving Dantooine on one of its routine patrols.
    Daniel would steal this ship once the chance arose, and use it for a while until he could find something better. Namely because it was dangerous to use a Rebel ship, in a Galaxy dominated by the Empire. So he went looking through old scrapyards, looking for an old ship that would go unnoticed. The first one he found in good enough shape was an old (some would say ancient) Aurek fighter, from the time of the New Sith Wars.
    Stripping the shuttle of anything useful, Daniel rebuilt and modified the Aurek, bringing it up to modern standards. After wandering for a few months, Daniel eventually found the Mercs in the Greater Javin.
    Military History: None
    Traumatic Experiences: As a Farmer on Dantooine, Daniel never had any traumatic experiences.

(to Bardan and CPL or anyone else from the EUC...yes, I modded my character sheet from the EUC Jedi.:p )
  11. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Skywalker, welcome to Intervention.

I hope you have fun with us.
  12. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Game Master OOG:

I have found the Force Ranking System! [face_party]Digging through enough computer files and I found it. Thank the Maker I don't have to redo it all over! [face_relieved]

Please see the Rocketjock for more information.
  13. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    OOG:

Skywalker, welcome. And you too, Jusik. Looks like Jusik has a direction, so Skywalker, go ahead and type up a introduction post and have your character somewhere in the Greater Javin approaching the Authority. Then hail the ship and we'll get you on board!
  14. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    OOG: Sorry for the triple post... [face_nail_biting]

IC: Hank, Jim Palso
    Captain's Room, Johnny Boy

"Any new crew members, we'd probably have to pay them, not like under Taller recently. I've completed three missions with this outfit, and not seen diddly."

[Diddly?]

Hank nodded to Yav, grabbing a data-pad from under the desk somewhere and sliding it across the table to the elf, "Your diddly plus interest. Don't go on a spending spree, Yavscout. The rest of the Mercs have their payments sitting in their quarters waiting for them, yours was last, because of this meeting."

Palso pointed a finger towards the elf, "Now wait a second. Short Stack here said there were some Imps aboard his ship. We may want to go check them out."

Hank nodded from Jim to Yav, "Yavscout, meet Jim Palso, smuggler from a future time frame of our galaxy. It's a long story, so he can read the novel later," Hank turned to Jim, "Now Palso, stormtroopers are one thing. But Spacetroopers? They're suits are designed to be used against starships! How do we just excuse them from their post without a bloodbath on our hands?"

Palso shifted in his seat, "Evac that ship. Flood it with a vaporized DX-343 where the spacetroopers are located. It's take their weapon systems down. Then we move in."

"With what?" Hank responded back with, "Our blasters will be just as useless."

"I'm sure we can come up with a few old fashion slugthrowers around these parts of the galaxy. Easy to maintain, cheap, and effective. Good choice of weapon for pirates and such. I'm sure our Outlaw Techs have a few laying around."

Hank turned to the elf, "It's your call, Yavscout. Do we have any other options?"

Tag Sith

IC: Partying Crew Members
    Corridors, Johnny Boy

The human looked to the Squadron Leader as he said, "Lead the way."

The human, Rodian, Ewok, and Arkanian walked in akward silence down the corridor. Well, almost quiet. The Ewok was talking the Squadron Leader's ear off about something involving Wookiees and small droids. Elsewhere, and quietly, the human was rebuking his Rodian comrade, "I mean seriously, how could you had fainted?"

"Shhhh!" The Rodian responded, "You have a droid answer the door looking like a warrior droid from some long lost tribe. Anyways, I've been trying to get on the Squadron Leader's "Watch List"! So shut up!"

"Watch List? What the Sith is that?" The human asked quietly back.

The Rodian sighed, "Rumor has it, depending on which rumor you listen to a course, that the Squadron Leader has this "Watch List". Some say it's a list he keeps to identify those who can handle their booze. He identifies them, gives them a deal to drink with him, and they keep a short of hush-hush members only club with drinking and cards every Friday night."

"And where did you hear that from?"

"Davidson. Third deck, gunnery port side, third shift. Davidson said he heard it from Waves, second shift, Security Station."

"And the other rumor?"

"The one that I like. Rumor has it that the Squadron Leader has this "Watch List" for pilots. Ya know, the next ace pilot for the Mercs. Rumor says he watches anyone that flies shuttles, etc, to see if they have what it takes. Well, I heard that rumor just after Watava when we were down to 3 pilots: Jeth, Winterkill, and Lasso. Well, that's why I've been volunteering for all the repair work outside the hull, emergency shuttles after battles, and anything else that involves space and danger. I figure a starfighter pilots needs to be like danger."

"Well, considering it's been two months since Watava, I don't know how much stock I would put in the rumor mill. The SL would have made his pick by now when we were low on pilots."

"I sure hope not. I mean, I've always wanted to fly. Been a dream of mine."

"Keep dreaming," the human responded, "Your a maintenance junky and always will be. Just accept the suck of life and move on. I did a long time ago."

The group reached the turbolifts that would take them down to the hanger bay and then out to the Javin Bucket.

Tag Mitth
  15. Vehn Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Sydney Ayres
    Authority Hangar Bay

Sydney listened to Fress’s advice and watched the replay of his time in the simulator. She made some very valid criticisms of his flying ability and put into perspective how one small mistake could ripple into one giant disaster. The X-Wing was a remarkable fighting craft but it had its flaws and Sydney was well aware of them. Other than the designers who personally worked with Incom Corporation to design the X-Wing, Ayres knew that a few lucky shots could bring the craft to a million different pieces.

Now his attention focused on Fress’ time with Skywalker. The name sounded familiar to him. He wasn’t big on galactic politics. But he had heard about the fall of Anakin Skywalker and the rise of Darth Vader. Wasn’t sure how the two were linked, didn’t really care, just knew that the Dark Lord of the Sith was one bad guy and needed to be knocked down a peg or two. But, Ayres realized, this experience had been before the Old Republic had been swept under the rug and the Empire had arisen and as he watched the simulator he couldn’t help but be impressed by the tactics that Fress had learned.

“All of this time in the simulator is great but I really need to get back to tweaking out a few of the problems with one of the X-Wings. Thanks for giving me the time off, Fress, and I appreciate you taking this old man under your wing. I’ve got a lot to learn. When you have the time, I’d like to go over a few things I’ve discovered that may keep you in the pilot’s seat a little longer,” Sydney said as he turned to leave.

His mind felt as if he were on overload. He wanted to be working on repairing the pilot’s personal craft, not flying them. But that was the way it went sometimes. Beggars couldn’t be choosers.

Tag: @JediFalcon
  16. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Josch Decinchi
    Hanger Bay, Authority

Josch watched as the mission chrono counted down to quadruple zero. With the final tick his viewscreen and entire cockpit went completely black. A moment later there was a hiss as the seal around his canopy released and rose up. He had found the choice of simulations interesting.

He and Aurora were both saddled up in T-65 X-Wings. It control panels and indicators were slightly different from his G1-M4-C Dunelizard. Add to that not having Navi plugged in behind him and having to watch how his fellow Merc handled the stressful scenario, and this amounted to a big challenge for the rookie fighter pilot.

As he launched out of the simulated hanger bay of the Johnny Boy he found himself in a familiar set of circumstances, the Battle of Droxu, the fight he came upon after leaving Endor. The other curious thing that happened was about 5 minutes into the simulation Aurora seemed to disappear into herself. He watched as her fighter headed back towards the hanger only to be shot down just short of making it.

When that happened a message scrolled along the bottom of his HUD asking if he wanted to continue the simulation and he answered in the affirmative. Josch felt that he needed to take advantage of as much time in the cockpit that he was afforded. He figured he could talk to Aurora after he was finished and that she might be able to learn something by watching him.

But unfortunately when he exited her simulator was empty and she was nowhere to be found. So instead of talking things over with her he walked over to where Fress had just finished up with Chief Ayres.

“So Lieutenant, what do you think we should do next since it looks like playtime is over for Aurora and Sydney?”

TAG: @Sith-I-5, @spycoder9, & @JediFalcon
    Last edited by CPL_Macja, Sep 8, 2012
  17. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Authority Hangar bay/training

Fress nodded with a smile. Just knowing where all the weaknesses on the X-wing would come in handy during a battle and would allow her to make sure no lucky shots made it.

“So Lieutenant, what do you think we should do next since it looks like playtime is over for Aurora and Sydney?”

Lieutenant? Fress thought to herself. Why was she the last one to find out about her promotions? She shook her head as she noticed Aurora was no longer in the hangar bay. She had taken off somewhere and she began to wonder what exactly was causing her to draw into herself. She didn’t answer Xan right away as she walked over to the holo. She was so busy with Sydney she didn’t see Aurora take off. She played back the recording, which only confirmed her suspicions. Aurora didn’t last five minutes. She walked back over to where Xan was. “I have to find Aurora and talk with her. I was busy with over seeing Sydney’s training that I didn’t realized she had left. Something up here,”she pointed to her head.“Is mentally blocking her from reaching her potential. Just don’t know what exactly. Not unless you feel like getting behind the stick now? I had Circuit program in a few scenarios that I plan on trying later.”

Tag @ CPL
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Sep 8, 2012
  18. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Bridge Officer Bob, Flight Officer Yavscout, Deputy the Astromech, the Delicate Delinquent, and the Johnny Boy, respectively.

Having taken his fill of seeing the horrors of the fight between the Empire and forces of Jod, though admittedly, his side had been mainly technicians and engineers, expecting the Imperial vessel to be empty, thanks to He's scuttling of the vessel.

It was pretty clean compared to Beast conflicts he had participated in, but that Commander Vacks probably figured it would carry some weight back home.

Then again, Bobob mused, due to the valorious efforts of the planetary defense fleets, the Royal Courtiers ought to be scandalised by a playground bundling, let alone anything that happens in the Outer Galaxy.

And he could probably dress things up a bit, if it meant turning support to the King.

For now, he stood in the centre of the captured cruiser's TIE Hangar, to, in the spirit of investigation, of course, find out why everyone called it the TIE Hangar.

He looked across to a male in the blue sack-coat and red trousers of a Kings Army soldier, and paused.

The trooper caught him looking. "What?"

Bobob sighed. He had been hanging around these Outworlders for too long; he'd caught himself thinking that the Kingdom of Jod could do with being introduced to the iron, and the trouser press.
    "Do we know why they call it a Tie Hangar?"

The trooper looked left and right pointedly. "Not in so many words, sir."

"Okay, do we have a ladder?"

"Ah." The trooper smiled, finding himself back on familiar territory. "We have one aboard the Sentinel, lieutenant. Wait right there." He turned and waved to a colleague. "Samson. With me."

Captain's Room - the Johnny Boy

The elf watched Hank tap something onto a datapad, and assumed he was making a note for Captain Taller to read on his sickbed, so was surprised when the kedi slid the device across the desk to him!

"Your diddly plus interest. Don't go on a spending spree, Yavscout. The rest of the Mercs have their payments sitting in their quarters waiting for them, yours was last, because of this meeting."

But how? Yav's eyebrows furrowed, then he waggled a knowing forefinger at the jedi, and imagined a twinkle in his eye. "Of course. You had a Force Vision or something, telling you I was going to bring up the subject of money."

He didn't reach for the 'pad, however, deciding to leave it till the end, and meanwhile this newcomer was pointed his own finger towards the elf, "Now wait a second. Short Stack here said there were some Imps aboard his ship. We may want to go check them out."

Deputy bleeped in agreement.

Hank nodded from Jim to Yav, "Yavscout, meet Jim Palso,"

"Jim." The SGIS undercover nodded to the time traveller

"- smuggler from a future time frame of our galaxy."

"Get out-ta town."

"It's a long story, so he can read the novel later," Hank turned to Jim, "Now Palso, stormtroopers are one thing. But Spacetroopers? They're suits are designed to be used against starships! How do we just excuse them from their post without a bloodbath on our hands?"

[Say, 'please'?] Deputy melodied, a touch sarcastically, Yav thought.

Palso shifted in his seat, "Evac that ship. Flood it with a vaporized DX-343 where the spacetroopers are located. It's take their weapon systems down. Then we move in."

Yavscout frowned to himself, searching his memory for why DX-343 sounded so familiar. And not in a nice way.

"With what?" Hank responded back with, "Our blasters will be just as useless."

"I'm sure we can come up with a few old fashion slugthrowers around these parts of the galaxy. Easy to maintain, cheap, and effective. Good choice of weapon for pirates and such. I'm sure our Outlaw Techs have a few laying around."

Hank turned to the elf, "It's your call, Yavscout. Do we have any other options?"

Yav in turn, looked at Deputy. "Dep. Why does DX-323 ring such a bell. Did Naboo use it at all?"

[There was that one mine strike on one of the moons, that we put down.]

The elf's eyes widened at the reminder. "No. No, you're not deploying DX-whatever on my ship. Besides, if it affects electronic circuitry; do we really want to use it around one of its shield generators? It's pith-weak with twelve gernerators. Do we really want to leave her with eleven just to excise some Imps. Going by deck vibrations, Dep reckoned there are four to six of them, so you got to consider the risk-reward profile. What about Plank Gas, or, or Cryo-Ban?"

Yavscout looked down as his wrist-communicator bleeped. "Sorry. I should take this." The elf lifted his arm up, and spoke into the wrist-com, while looking at the datapad with his money on. "Bridge Officer Bob? Hello. We're carrying Imperial TIE fighters? Well, I guess that is why they called it a TIE hangar. How many fighters?" He looked up at Hank, deliberately knocking four of the number the Jod liaison officer gave him. "Master, we got a use for twenty Twin Ion Engine fighters?"

Tag: Hank, Palso
  19. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Hank, Jim Palso
    Captain's Room, Johnny Boy

"No. No, you're not deploying DX-whatever on my ship. Besides, if it affects electronic circuitry; do we really want to use it around one of its shield generators? It's pith-weak with twelve gernerators. Do we really want to leave her with eleven just to excise some Imps. Going by deck vibrations, Dep reckoned there are four to six of them, so you got to consider the risk-reward profile. What about Plank Gas, or, or Cryo-Ban?"

Hank thought on it for a moment, "Problem with Plank Gas is the same as DX-343. If we're not precise about it's deployment, we could end up with the same problem of damaging equipment and essential ship function. But, a few CC-V 'Legion' Cryo Projectors could be more precise and avoid unwanted damage to ship systems," Hank turned to Palso, raising an eyebrow, "What are you thinking Jim?"

"Something isn't right," Jim said, adding, "I know I have the Force and all that, but this goes beyond the Force. Nothing with any danger sense...I don't feel anything wrong. But, think about it. Why would a bunch of Imps hold themselves into a room without a way out."

Hank nodded slowly, "Clarify..."

Palso shifted in his seat, "The Imps must have a Plan B. They're too small in number to retake the ship at this point. So my guess is that their holding out for a rescue."

"But how would they know..." Hank's eyes widden, "Sith-Spit! Spacetroopers must have some form of backup in case they get seperated from their support ship. Why didn't we think of this before?"

"You don't see Spacetroopers in action everyday and when you do, it's usually too late to do anything about it. My guess is two fold at this point. Either A, they have a tracking beacon, which is the most logical. Or B, they've somehow got hold of or plan to get hold of long-range communications and send out an SOS for pick-up. So we have one option for both problems. Either way, the Empire is going to come. Problem is, we don't know what these Spacetroopers know about the Mercs and the Jod. They may not know anything, other then reclaiming a Imperial ship. Or they may know everything and we have a whole battle fleet headed our way."

"But Hilick Soal said he would leave us alone," Hank replied.

"Yes," Dak responded in a mechanical voice, "But the Empire is vast and so are their commanders. Captain Taller still hasn't figured out the relationship between the Red Rock and Darth Vader is yet. Vader is busy enough, so it doesn't make sense for the Emperor to have both Hilick Soal and Vader on the same assigment. It's a waste of resources."

"Unless," Hank said, "Vader's 'official' involvement was of only late to stop the Kingdom of Jod. What if Vader's involvement goes deeper then the convoy mission and deeper then the Emperor knows."

Dak nodded, "Hilick Soal has been leading the Imperial armed forces after the Red Rock since it's beginning. Suddenly, Hilick drops off the face of the galaxy, Vader shows up, then Hilick shows up again, this time with a different kick to him. Something speaks of the Emperor somewhere in this, but also of personal agendas between Vader and Hilick Soal. And both haven't been telling the Emperor. Our resources say that Vader's visits to the Death Star have been pushed back or off routine more then once. And for Vader, to show up late to something, is like asking the Emperor to put on a dress and sing 'I'm a little tea-pot'. It doesn't happen. Unless planned."

"And how did you piece all of this together, Dak?"

If a droid could smile, Dak would had, "I'm a M-3PO military protocol droid that hasn't had a memory swipe since my employ with Captain Taller's infantry unit during the Clone Wars. I deal with the office stuff of a military base. But I've had access to much more then that in my operational life, thanks to Taller and others in the Clone Army. I've had time to think on such things and piece the puzzle together. All still theory at this point still, but it would help explain what Hilick Soal is in one part of the galaxy and Vader the other, while their both on the same project. Different personal agendas somewhere, both of which the Emperor, for once, doesn't know about."

"But in the Emperor's eyes, Hilick Soal is simply taking care of a thorn in the Empire's side with the Red Rock, in the Mercs, while Vader is handling the last stages of the Red Rock. So what doesn't the Emperor know?"

"That both men have had and still have personal agendas with the Red Rock. And the last agenda to be played is the Emperor's."

"Clarify?" Hank asked.

"Why have the ISB and Vader handle a power source that can topple the Emperor's rule and not have the Emperor's spies somewhere keeping track of it all? The Emperor's hand is the one to be played. The question is where and how."

Palso rubbed his head, "All this cloak and dagger stuff makes a simple man like me get a headache. Lets get back to the basics here. We need some freeze weapons to dispose of our Spacetroopers. But, we also need to be looking for a way that the Spacetroopers are communicating out for help? If we're going to have a Imperial battle group show up soon, maybe we need to get the hell out of dodge."

"We can't move until the Johnny Boy is repaired."

"We may need to sacrifice her for the greater good. We need to evac now."

"Taller would have your head for saying that about his ship."

"If you haven't heard recently, but Taller is dying. We need to make decisions for the living, not the dying."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that."

"Maybe you should pretend to hear it. We have thousands of people's lives at stake and we're going to risk them all for the sake of one's man wish to not see his ship lost? Taller is dying and we will too if we don't get that through our heads!"

"Don't you have any sense of morals and honor? Or are you content without them, since being scum after all, you only have to look after yourself!"

"Looking after me and mine is what matters! The galaxy can go up in flame for all I care. No one is going to look after me, but me!"

"Explains why your only a smuggler. You don't need to look beyond your own selfish needs."

"Slow on your words, Jedi. I have a long-lost brother who is still missing. And I will go to any and all lengths to see him safe."

Hank was about to respond, but the thick tension in the air was broken by Yavscout.

Yavscout looked down as his wrist-communicator bleeped. "Sorry. I should take this." The elf lifted his arm up, and spoke into the wrist-com, while looking at the datapad with his money on. "Bridge Officer Bob? Hello. We're carrying Imperial TIE fighters? Well, I guess that is why they called it a TIE hangar. How many fighters?" He looked up at Hank, deliberately knocking four of the number the Jod liaison officer gave him. "Master, we got a use for twenty Twin Ion Engine fighters?"

Hank sighed, rubbing his forehead in frustration. He knew, deep down, that Palso was right. If the Empire knew they were here, then everyone was at risk and so would be the galaxy. Taller would have hated it, but he would have done the same thing that Hank knew what needed to be done. But Hank just couldn't be himself to do it. Looking up, the Jedi Knight said, "I don't know."

"I'm assuming my Emergency Command Override Protocol, effective immediately. Taller installed me with such programming in the event Taller was unable to lead and I saw a threat to the survival of the Mercs that the rest of the Command Staff did not see. We need to act and act now," One of the several hidden compartments opened up on Dak and the droid pulled out a data crystal. Walking over, he asked Hank to move a bit over and inserted the data crystal into a slot at the top of the disk, which had been hidden by Taller's case of cigars. Suddenly the holo projector came alive, flashing several words and digits in fast order across the otherwise blue static screen. A female voice suddenly came over the holo projector.

Emergency Command Override Protocol confirmed. All commands, controls, and other systems have been entrusted to Dak.

The normal lighting of the Johnny Boy turned green and Dak turned to Yavscout, "The TIEs stay with the Delicate Delinquent. We'll be evacuating the Johnny Boy immediately. What crew and organic security we have will transfer to the Delicate Delinquent with anything and everything they need. I and Lieutenant Commander Chris Street, along with Captain Taller's injured body and Chief Medical Officer Russel Cook to oversee the Captain's condition, along with our droid security and maintenance and repair droids, will stay aboard the Johnny Boy and move her to a safer repair yard with the Authority. Another small detachment will head to the Sword of Justice with Squadron Leader Havah Jeth and Commander Vacks. I hear their Captain is level headed and loyal to the late King. We will split our forces as planned, with most going with Yavscout, the remaining to the Kingdom of Jod."

There was silence. This had not been planned. Palso cleared his throat to break the silence, "And the Spacetroopers?"

"Figure it out, Jim Palso. Yavscout is your commanding officer now. The freeze weapons should work just fine."

"And the Jedi?" Hank asked, suddenly exhausted and looking worn out beyond all measure.

"The Kingdom of Jod. As of right now, Hanger Chief Sydney Ayres, Chief Engineer Tim Williams, and Chef Mary Star will head to the Delicate Delinquent. Tim Williams will be the supervisory leader in conflicts of Merc policy and Yavscout's commands. But only to the extent that it overrides the ethical and morals of the Mercs. Other then that, Yavscout is in sole command of the Delicate Delinquent."

Elsewhere amongst the Mercs, Emergency Code Red messages were sent out to all crew members via their comlinks. The messages simply stated immediately evacation of the Johnny Boy and all hands to report clearing out their personal quarters to their respected destinations. Everyone was given their new ships to deploy to, but of interest, the Merc starfighter pilots and command staff were listed on the message as well for all to see:

Captain Rick Taller: Johnny Boy (Bravo)
    Lieutenant Commander Chris Street: Johnny Boy (Mitth_Fisto)
    Chief Medical Officer Russel Cook: Johnny Boy (Bravo)

Chief Engineer: Tim Williams: Delicate Delinquent (NPC)
    Hanger Chief Sydney Ayres: Delicate Delinquent (Liam_Vehn)
    Chef Mary Star: Delicate Delinquent (NPC)
    Flight Lieutenant Yavscout: Delicate Delinquent (Sith-I-5)
    Flight Lieutenant Zieleb-Xan Macja: Delicate Delinquent (CPL_Macja)
    Pilot Officer Aurora Cradmoon: Delicate Delinquent (spycoder9)

Commander Terrel Vacks: Sword of Justice (All Staff)
    Mercs' Historical Officer Nick Skysand: Sword of Justice (Bravo)
    Squadron Leader Havah Jeth: Sword of Justice (Mitth_Fisto)
    Flight Lieutenant Kasumi: Sword of Justice (Coffee_Ninja)
    Flight Lieutenant Fress Colias: Sword of Justice (Jedi_Falcon)

TAG ALL
    OOG: For our new players, your not listed in the comlink message because your not "officially" on the roster yet IC. Falcon, you may manage your simulator team's leave to their ships at your own pace. Please try to coordinate with Sith-I-5, to reflect Sith-I-5 / Bardan_Jusik's post with the Delicate Delinquent. There is no rush, other then what Falcon, Sith, and Jusik need to coordinate Jusik's arrival. Take your time everyone, don't panic. This doesn't have to be done tonight. We just don't want the Empire tracking us everywhere and sending a fleet to come destroy us.
  20. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    IC: Atin Taab
    Crusader, Greater Javin Sector

"Start scanning on freq 137. Lets see if anyone is really out there..."

Atin gave a curt nod as he started fiddling with the communications console in the cockpit of the Crusader. Despite his best efforts he came up empty in trying to find their contact. "umm, nothing yet buir, just static on one tree seven." He looked over to his father who was busy studying the passive senor display. "Buir?" Taab pointed at the display, "That must be our Interdictor." Atin was silent. He couldn't decipher much of what was out there using only the passive sensors of the Crusader, active sensors gave far better detail. They were also less likely to miss something. But their emissions could be detected as well, and the Crusader was trying to stay hidden. It was something Atin was not accustomed to. Another lesson from his father? Probably, but Atin still preferred a straight fight to this sort of sneaking around.

"If the Interdictor is there, then the package is there too. Probably trying to stay hidden themselves." Atin could see his father thinking behind his T-visor, almost as if talking to himself before he finally nodded. "Adjust the gain in the passive sensor rig and feed it through the COMSCAN computer. Rig it for low energy signals, specifically on Freq 137." Atin did as he was told, trying to remember just what it was they were doing. It could come in useful in the future. When he had finished the adjustments, he checked the COMSCAN results. They were slow in coming, by looking specifically for extremly low energy emmisions the computer first had to filter out all other higher energy readings. The process took some time. As he looked at the monitor a small spike could be seen on the freqency they were looking at. It wasn't much, but it repeated at a specific interval. "Oya!" He turned to his father. "We have them."

IC Beskaryc Taab
    Crusader, Greater Javin Sector

Taab hated this cloak and dagger osik. It was the realm of spies and sabateurs, not warriors. Still the job payed well, and it was giving Atin more of an education. Who knew? Perhaps the kid would actually like this sort of thing. While his son looked for the Imperial team's locator beacon Taab studied the passive sensor logs, trying to see what else was out there. It was difficult to see, but he did note a signal that could be an Interdictor cruiser, though the energy signature was off. He pointed it out to his son, who had thus far been unable to make contact with the team, but it didn't seem as though he could see it. More training would be required on that front then. Taab began thinking to himself. The message from eyes indicated the package was trying to stay concealed themselves. They wouldn't be broadcasting in the clear. Nor would they be too loud about it either. No, they would try to stay quiet. That meant if they were transmitting at all it would be an ELEL transmission. Detecting such would be difficult, unless you knew how and what to look for.

He rattled off a series of instructions which Atin hurried to follow. Several minutes later he was met by an excited reply from his son. "Oya! We have them." Taab moved over to the COMSCAN computer for a closer look. Sure enough it was a spike on the right frequency, a locator beacon. "Well done At'ika (Little Atin), now we respond in kind." Taab set about sending their own discreet signal back, a simple burst transmission on Covert Imperial frequency 1313. Again it would be hard to detect unless one knew what they were looking for, but he had to assume the tra'verde were listening in for some sign of their ride out of here. He moved the Crusader off a bit, using only the maneuvering jets to keep their own sensor silhoutte as small as possible. If the tra'verde didn't respond in six hours they would try again, from a new location. Until then, they would just have to wait.

[IMG]

TAG: @Sith-I-5
  21. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Bardan, another good post. I liked how you subtlely referred to Imperial Intelligence as "eyes". :) And good job explaining "At'ika" for us. I smiled when you got to "osik".
    Bravo, I realised that only pilots and department heads went to the Authority briefing. So, as far as I know, the offer to be paid and set down on the nearest inhabitable planet, did not get extended to the rest of the crew!

IC: Flight Officer Yavscout, Deputy the Astromech, Crewman Rand(om Johnny Boy crew member), Johnny Boy and Javin Bucket bar, respectively

Yavscout looked up as Dak’s vocoder ran away with the emergency that was still possibly a figment of this Palso’s imagination.

There was silence. Palso cleared his throat and jumped in before yav could suggest a less drastic plan, "And the Spacetroopers?"

"Figure it out, Jim Palso. Yavscout is your commanding officer now. The freeze weapons should work just fine."

"And the Jedi?" Hank asked.

"The Kingdom of Jod. As of right now, Hanger Chief Sydney Ayres, Chief Engineer Tim Williams, and Chef Mary Star will head to the Delicate Delinquent. Tim Williams will be the supervisory leader in conflicts of Merc policy and Yavscout's commands. But only to the extent that it overrides the ethical and morals of the Mercs. Other then that, Yavscout is in sole command of the Delicate Delinquent."

The elf put up a hand to forestall another time traveller interject. "Oooorrrr," He drawled the word, "we could just move the Delinquent. If she's the one with the locator beacon, which at the moment only exists in the Mister Palso's head, let's just move her. Everything else can stay put. And are you sure moving the crew to the only vessel that we reckon the Empire is tracking, is such a great idea?" He took his hand down. "That's said, if the green lighting means that Dak has the Captain's authority, I am ready to follow your orders."

Javin Bucket Bar and Spill

The Troig bartender stood looking out at the morass of heavy drinking and merry-making in his establishment, while holding the bar comlink in one of his four arms.

He tried again. “Mister Choob? Is there an I. C. Choob…uhh.” He glared at the comlink himself. “When I find whose making these calls, I’m going to drokking space you, you son of a Bith!”

The device clattered as he tossed it into one of the shelves behind the bar, and starting to polish a glass with a grey washcloth to calm himself, moved to the coveralled human sitting on one of the stools, his head in arms that were folded on the top of the several metre-long bartop.

“What can I get you, Sir?”

The man raised his head, looking bleary-eyed. “Emperor’s Bones, you know you are suffering from stress when you haven’t touched a drop, and already the bartender looks like he has to heads.”

“I have got two heads,” the Troig responded patiently.

“Oh. That is alright then. Rack ‘em up, please. Ten Flameouts.”

All four eyes threatened to pop. “TEN! Most people can’t get past four.”

“Ah, but I’m with the Johnny Boy. We can’t go twenty standard minutes without some kind of alert. Now, it took me ten minutes to get here; you spent a further five realising you had been pranked, and I now have-”

Biddley-iddley beep

“-Right on drokking time.” Crewman Rand pulled out his slim black datapad, checking the screen. “Ooh look. Emergency Code Red.” He closed his eyes and sighed deeply. He open them again after several seconds. “Immediate evacuation of the Johnny Boy, no less. Hey, maybe they found out why half the department heads disappeared last night.”

He looked up at the sound of glase tapping metal, and that the Troig had placed a bottle of Flameout on the table, and managed a grateful smile. “You. You complete me.”

“**** off.” The bar-troig rejoined good-naturedly

Rand grinned. “Gimme another bottle. I reckon our Squadron Leader could do with something to take the edge off.”

Tag: Bravo/>
    Last edited by Sith-I-5, Sep 10, 2012
  22. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Authority Hangar bay

Before another word could be uttered Fress’s comlink went off demanding her attention. She hit the receive button as a list of new commands appeared. She frowned noting they were evacuating the Johnny Boy. She felt a pang of guilt knowing if she hadn’t asked for him to come in, this wouldn’t have happened. On the other hand, they did get out alive. She shook her head as she looked at the list of names and who went where. She was to report to the Sword of Justice along with Jeth and a few others. While Sydney, Aurora, and Xan were to report to the Delinquent with Yav. She looked at Xan with a frown. “We’re going to have to put the simulators on hold. Get to the Johnny Boy, gather your personals and meet me in the Johnny Bay hangar in one hour from now. We’re evacuating the Johnny Boy.”

Fress typed in an alert to Aurora and Sydney’s comlinks.

We’re evacuating the Johnny Boy, clear out your rooms and meet me in the Johnny Boy hangar bay in one hour from now. Lieutenant Colias.

Fress smiled as she typed in Lieutenant. She was beginning to close in on her old Commander title but she wasn’t sure if that would ever happen and Lieutenant was a fairly decent rank. She glanced down at Saber as his head turned and focused on her. “Come on, Saber. I have to get my stuff.”

Saber beeped and twitted at her as she glanced at her comlink. //You fly the head hunter and I can fly the X-wing.//

“Thanks for the offer, not sure if they will allow us but we’ll see. I would love to take the X-wing with me,” the headhunter had an extra storage compartment filled with different kinds of weapons. She would have to make a quick trip to the cockpit and gather those extra supplies.

Tag @ CPL @ Spycoder @ Vehn @ Bravo @ Coffee
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Sep 11, 2012
  23. Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master

star 1
    IC: Kasumi/Herc/Circuit
    Authority Hangar Bay

Kasumi and Herc had taken a break when she looked down at her comm link.

"Well, my friend it looks like we have to evacuate. I have to clear out my room."

Herc nodded and whistled to the others, who turned around and understood the second they heard. The group left the hangar bay and made their way to Kasumi's room. Kasumi had to laugh as she walked in. There in front of her was Buddy, trying to help her pack.

"Thank you Buddy. And yes, you are coming with me."

Buddy whistled happily.

"Buddy?" Herc questioned.

"It seemed appropriate since this R2 unit was my, and still is, my X-Wing buddy."

"X-wing!" Circuit's eyes almost popped out of his head. "You get to fly one?"

"I do my best."Kasumi said as grabbed her bag.

Her friends had already grabbed different things, and Herc made a point to be the one to grab the bag that had her robes. Some where deep down he felt it his responsibility to keep their secret, even if just for a short while. Circuit had grabbed clothing to change into, and had kept the stormtrooper armor, as had Herc. Who knows it may come in handy again. With that the group left the room.

Tag: Bravo et al
  24. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Havah Jeth / Pic
    Headed down the way, Johhny Boy

Walking down the corridor he double checked his helmet as he and the small group walked. It was odd for their group to have an ewok, and to be honest he couldn't place what the little yapper's job was aboard ship. Whatever it was she was talkative and he barely paid notice to her constant thread of conversation about droids and Wookies. A potentially volatile combination that him thinking she had either run afoul of the ships Wookiee's or she worked with them. Adding small droids to the mix he almost wondered if she might of been one of the techs that his droid had driven away from his ship or carefully watched.

Either way he didn't feel it really mattered. Droids, well his models that served him anyway, weren't designed for much more of the organics actions. Now if he was to contact old enemies, and even a few allies, there he could find droids fully capable in nearly both aspects. Still, that was neither here nor there. What was, was that these people were taking him to a cantinae and were buying the first couple of rounds.

As they made their way there a brief memory tried to surface of another Rodian that had a problem with fainting. Only that one had the episode save his life by preventing him from killing himself with an unplanned response.

TAG: Bravo

IC: Pic
    Johhny Boy, Havah Jeth's Quarters

Receiving the communique Pic quickly set the R2 unit Glove to see about their masters ships and prep it for immediate transfer without a pilot. Then it set about it's own task, leaving these quarters cleaned out of anything his master would want, and anything Pic believed his master might someday need. Disconnecting the image files from the room a triple sweep was made to insure that only the data rods Pic now had contained the information of photographic evidence of the men, women, and gender erratic that Havah had served with and lost in the line of duty, or killed. Monitors were reset to their factory standard human visual spectrum output. The safe was a loss as it couldn't be moved without removing the floor plating, but a secondary sonic disruption at high intensity at the location and then the rest of the room with a coinciding ultraviolet photonic sweep insured that no biological material was left viable within the room or the air vents.

Secondary move protocols indicated the alcohol was next to be taken care of, a brief sensor sweep of the decimated supplies still puddled on the floor amidst cracked or shattered bottles attested to the futility of the second priority. Which for once was relagated to be ignored. The tertiary relocation protocols indicated a preperation of non-emergency items, basically a sweep for other non-specific personal affects like the travel duffle with emergency clothes, fake identifiers, and emergency credits, or the clean kits for armor, weapons, and self-maintenence that his owner used. All of which were left in a near perpetual state of readiness to evac.

Once gathered Pic chimmed for a hover sled to take all the mentioned material to be loaded on his Masters ship so that when Glove relocated it, the Masters good would go with it. This left one catch. Weapons. His masters weapons were sealed in the Johhny Boy's weapons locker, and would require a check out that was normally reserved for organics. Still, it was the final protocol before the move could be initiated and his Master bothered with it's occurance. So with a quick motivotor hum Pic saw to the last of the gear being loaded on the sled to be taken away. To which the droid comminicated to the R2 unit that was transporting it the nature of termination awaiting any tampering with the material contents of the sled, including possible dismantling for slag materials of organics or droids that did not have proper authorization. The three forms of recognizeable autherization where then given as Pic took note of the droids serial numbers on various parts of the droid. When the droid twittered a nervous understanding, Pic waved the droid to move along and followed it as far as the Weapons locker.

Walking inside the droid took note of the holo-cams and identifier systems strategically placed around the room, as well as the Battle droid standing at precarious attention with what should be ostensibly the only weapon present. With an electronic query of status soundlessly sent to the guard droid, the equivilent of an electronic hello, Pic knew the status for the room during and following the battle before reaching the recipticle que with the fleshy sitting behind that looked rather bored. Human from the looks of it, with one eyebrow higher then the other, faded scars, but skin too smooth to denote actual combat hardening of any lasting caliber. Possibly infantry.

"I thought Havah already had checked in all his weapons?" the guard stated as he qued up a terminal to note the status that indeed all weapons belonging to Havah Jeth of a blaster, spray stick, bombs, and common forms of breaching or poisoning solutions were still in stock. "Yeah, they are right here. If he wants them for the transfer he will need to stop by to sign them out. Just let you Master know that." Thinking the matter concluded the human began to turn away expecting the droid to leave as it had always done after a dismissal from either turning in it's Masters weapons or the original request that had been denied shortly after Master and droid had joined the Mercs.

Only Pic didn't move. With his photo-receptors looking through the pass box the droid sent a polite request over the comm to the mans present station of watching monitors. [You shall hand over all weapons presently upon a small tool cart, or a weapons sled within thier appropriate containers that were provided at registration upon original boarding date. Failure to comply will be met with escalation.]

The fleshy looked at the request and turned an incredulous eye at the Otagga-222 model series matinence droid. A model that was impossible to think creatively beyond repairs or to harm an organic by the blockers that had been made standard in all non-military or high security grade droids, most of which merely had a block removed on inability to harm or kill sentient creatures, since the droid rebellion of the Old Republic. A time so far in the galactic memory that not even Hutts concerned themselves with a possible repition or break in the permantly sub-servient droids.

"Like I said, just get Havah Jeth down here and he can sign them out." shaking his head the guard turned away again. Obviously this organic had no idea the ramifications of his actions. Within moments a beeping was heard. The guard stood looking at the matienence droid and moved toward the sound. Opening a crate he found a thermal detonator on count-down. Surprisingly he kept his wits about himself as he immediately treid to disarm it. Which did nothing. The manual switch that was supposed to superceed any sent signals for this model did nothing. Now the fleshies eyes widened. "Did you do this?" he asked already moving to the alarm button in his desk.

On the screen close by a window popped up, [Yes. You required escalation. My identity and Masters authorization for this action in the event of an order to the letter of leaving the ship for an undefined period of time for whatever reason I am allowed to remove his weapons to his ship for immediate departure.] For the first time since parking himself at the counter the battle droid raised it's blaster to take aim at Pic, and also for the first time Pic turned his head to fully focus his receptors on the man now saying to "Shut it off!"

[Relinquish the weapons, or I shall render them a moot point prior to departure.]

"You cannot harm an organic! It's against your programing." smiled in triumph as he moved his hand away from the panic button.

[That is correct under normal circumstances sir. Although in the instance we find ourselves a logical protocol was established and must be followed to the letter. If you fail to respond appriately, you have killed yourself. In which instance I am not killing you, I am merely not saving you.] With that Pic took a step away from the counter and measured out the radius away from the detonator. [If it is any comfort, I shall submit this conversation for verification that all parties were operating to required standards prior to the cesation of your present atomic arrangement.]

Looking at the droid the man began to sweat as he noted the small countdown window open, he quickly set to scanning the device. Verifying that it was active. Thinking quickly the man made a counter offer, an unexpected situation. "What if a tech delivers and loads each weapon at your scrutiney into Havah's ship? Then I don't get in trouble for giving a weapon to a droid without recognized authorization to have it onboard ship, and you get them prepped according to your orders? What do you say?" The man weakly smiled as he rested his palm under the emergency panic button. It would evacuate the areas around the armory hopefully before the device exploded.

The clock continued to count down on his monitor. Then finally, [It is acceptable.] With that the beeping ceased and all was left as it was.

"Next time start with this option." the guard stated with a heavy sigh.

[You have a tech to call.]

"Yes, and some droid to add to my nightmares." the guard grumpily retorted. Possibly nothing was filed as the droid was leaving the ship, or possibly the guard truly enjoyed the debacle. Either way, or maybe another, things were soon ready to depart for the new Merc posting.

TAG: Bravo/Any
  25. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Johnny Boy personal quarters/hangar bay

Fress packed all of her stuff, as she quickly made sure she didn’t leave anything behind. She looked under the bed and in her closet to make sure nothing was knocked under. She didn’t see anything as she quickly unlocked the safe and took out the data pad and placed it in the bag she bought for it then placed it into her duffle bag. She looked around the room not seeing she left anything behind as she pulled the jacket on her. She picked up her bag and walked down to security to pick up the weapons she did check in. Including Darren and Ahsoka’s lightsabers.

As she approached the desk she noticed that Jeth’s droid was in a bit of a fight with the guard. She shook her head knowing they didn’t really have a lot of time. After the droid left she approached the desk with a smile. “I’m here to sign out my weapons.”

“Of course, Lieutenant,” the guard said as he walked to the safe and pulled out the weapons and her bag. He walked back over with a frown. “I believe this is everything you signed in.”

Fress opened the bag and noted both lightsabers plus the other weapons were inside the bag. She nodded with a slight smile. “Yes this is everything, thank you.”

Saber followed her to the hangar bay where all the fighters were. She looked around for hers and spotted the headhunter sitting off to the side. She walked over and opened the compartment and grabbed spare packs for the blasters she decided to take with her plus a few thermodetnators and a few other illegal weapons. She placed everything she thought she might need into her bag. She closed up the hangar and set the bag down on the ground. “Watch this for me, there’s something in the cockpit I need to get.”

Saber beeped in agreement as Fress climbed up into the cockpit. She hopped down and opened the small side panel. She pulled out two spare jewels the right size and cut for a lightsaber. One was sky blue and the other was mostly silver with a hint of purple. She pulled out a few flimsy plasts and stared at them. One showed her and Brice. She pulled out the rest of them. Ahsoka was in one, and Anakin and Padme were in the other. Along with Mace and her when he took her under his wing.

Fress reached in to make sure she had everything as her hand clasped over a holo cube. She pulled it out and ran her thumb over it.

Daren appeared with a shy smile on his face. “Fress, I love you. You’re the most amazing girl I have ever been with. There is something important I want to ask you next time I see you. My parents already agreed that I couldn’t do any better. How about it? You and me when we get into our twenty’s take our marriage vows? I love you, sweetheart and I hope to see you soon. Love Daren.”

Fress bit on her lip and quickly wiped the tears away. “I miss you so much right now, now more then ever,” she whispered. She placed her hand into the compartment to give it a once over. Not finding anything else, she locked it back up and climbed out of the cockpit.

“Okay Saber, let’s get the X-wing ready for departure,” Fress said as she hoisted the bag over shoulder and picked up her duffle bag. She could feel the weight of her data pad in the bag causing her to smile. She was ready to transfer to the Sword of Justice.

Tag All in the hangar bay.
    Last edited by JediFalcon, Sep 12, 2012
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.