main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Sydney Ayres
    Personal Quarters, Johnny Boy

Unlike some people he knew, Sydney didn't have a lot of stuff. He never collected much and was used to packing at a moment's notice. But something about this move bothered him. Maybe it was the rampage of activity that the Mercs had been on for what felt like forever.

As he walked toward the hangar bay, Sydney realized that he had learned to call the Marauder corvette home. Outside of his time with Rothana Heavy Engineering, Ayres had never really had a permanent place to live. Life with the Mercs had been exciting and now as the enormous doors of the hangar parted, it hit him pretty hard that he would be leaving. Leaving to board the Interdictor cruiser, Delicate Delinquent.

He saw Fress waiting for him. Dropping his bag to the hangar floor, Ayres said, "Reporting in Lieutenant."

Tag: JediFalcon

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Hank, Jim Palso
    Captain's Room, Johnny Boy

The elf put up a hand to forestall another time traveller interject. "Oooorrrr," He drawled the word, "we could just move the Delinquent. If she's the one with the locator beacon, which at the moment only exists in the Mister Palso's head, let's just move her. Everything else can stay put. And are you sure moving the crew to the only vessel that we reckon the Empire is tracking, is such a great idea?" He took his hand down. "That's said, if the green lighting means that Dak has the Captain's authority, I am ready to follow your orders."

"That won't work, Yavscout," Dak replied, collecting his vast knowledge of military history preloaded into his memory files upon activation by his designers, "If we move the Delinquent, the Empire still has the system and sector that the Johnny Boy is in. By the time the Javin Bucket has secured her cargo and crew, we could have an Imperial armada on top of us. In military history, out-numbered species in a conflict have often scattered against a superior foe, scattering their forces for the trade off of survival or to 'live and fight another day' as the humans call it. While a massed attack from the scattering force was almost impossible, it was likewise impossible for the superior military forces of their enemy to track them down and strike a lethal blow all at once. We will use this scattering tactic to our advantage. Unlike military forces of the past, we have one major advantage. We know that in one month we will meet up in the Kingdom of Jod, a bastion of safety and defense. At least for now. And our enemy does not know that our scattering has a plan to regroup and attack in mass at a later date. Now with that said, Yavscout, you may have Imperial forces hot on your tail if there is any tractor beacon left on your ship. I would advise you find a way to dispose of it---if there is one---and find a way to make the Delinquent look less like stolen Imperial equipment; it'll reduce the shoot first, ask questions later incidents. Everyone, dismissed."

Tag Sith

IC: Terrel Vacks
    Corridors, Johnny Boy

Vacks had long ago wiped away the tears. Taller's condition was stable...for now. How long that would remain was anyone's guess, even for the doctors. Terrel wasn't hurt or felt like he was left out of the loop when the Johnny Boy's lights turned green. Dak was in control and Taller did it so Vacks and Streets could focus on taking care of the Mercs. Inside a hanger, motion of the Johnny Boy being rotated around by some serious equipment in the Javin Bucket's hanger could be heard. The JB's hanger had to face out towards space to launch the starfighters and Mother out. Once the rotating had stopped, Vacks continued down the corridor until he ran into Havah Jeth. He forked athumb down the corridor towards the Security Station.

"Your droid has a serious attitude problem with asking nicely about things," Vacks said, "I had Zoofer tell me a droid threatened to blow him up if he didn't hand your weapons over," Vacks sighed, "Between an evacuation and your droid wanting to blow up a guard, it's been a day so far. Havah, your with me on the Sword of Justice. Look, some major things are going to start to come into play. I need you to start to train Fress as a squadron leader. If things keep going the way they are, you'll be a Wing Commander before long for the whole GRF! And while your looking at more widespread command, we need someone take direct control of the squadron. With Lasso missing, Winterkill missing, and Kasumi only with the group a short while and her pilot skills only tested once thus far, the only other option we have is Fress. Taller had been planning this for a while now. Yea, she may get hot-headed at times, but dang it, she likes to get her head into everything. And we need a squadron leader that is going to push that line like she does. Maybe you can calm that quick, jump before I look, response from her, but other then that, her skills check out. And she's proven herself. Numerous engagements, you name it, she has the resume. Now, before you respond yes or no, no, you don't have a choice. This is an order from the top. Just get her in the know-how Jeth. She won't take over the squadron yet, but she needs to be ready when that time comes, because, when it does, it'll come fast.

"Now, look. I need you, Fress, and Kasumi up in the air as soon as you can. The Authority has deployed a fighter screen and have found nothing so far. But, I want a better scan. Your the squadron leader I trust Havah. And that Taller trusted. You double check these Jod pilots' work. I want to make sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we don't have any Imperial scout ships, probes, or anything else in the system that could lead an Imperial force here. Got it? I have to go, but as soon as the Sword of Justice is ready for departure, we'll call your flight in. Good luck, Havah."

Vacks departed and ran down the corridors, rushing past Outlaw techs, security personnel and droids, and crew scrambling for their belongings. Reaching the other end of the Johnny Boy, the bow and hanger, Vacks looked at the gathering of Mercs under Fress' leadership.

"Fress, suit up. You have a cold vac hop in five minutes. Jeth leading, with you and Kasumi as his wings. Nothing special, just a look see around for any Imperial scouting ships in the areas. Our Jod starfighter screen is purely for defense, not for scouting," Vacks turned to Sydney, "Chief, Yavscout is in Taller's office. Once he is done, hook up with him and find out what he needs. Sydney, you are going to be Yav' right hand man in this. You know ships. Don't get me wrong, Chief Engineer Williams knows ships too, but he knows engines better. You know ships and how their designed. Yav' will be needing that knowledge I'm sure if combat comes his way. Keep that in mind," Vacks tuned back Fress, "Lieutenant, kind Kasumi and get ready. If the Imps make a move, you, Kasumi, and Havah will be our only warning system. Now go Fress," Vacks then turned back to the Hanger Chief, "Make sure Zieleb-Xan and Aurora Cradmoon find you and Yavscout before departure. Dismissed, Chief."

Tag Falcon, Coffee, Vehn, Sith, Mitth

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    OOC: OOG Note for Wolf: I noticed in the clone wars series he is blinded in the one eye. That’s a quick reference on how you can tell Cody and Wolf apart.

When you said Cold vac hop, I had to read that over again to make sure we were taking the X-wings out. Other wise it makes it sounds like we’re getting suited up to walk outside the ship not fly the x-wings. I hope I got this right.

IC: Fress Colias
    Johnny Boy Hangar bay

Fress smiled as Sydney walked up to them along with Kasumi, Havah, Vacks. Before she could answer Sydney, Vacks started speaking causing everyone to turn their attention to him.

"Your droid has a serious attitude problem with asking nicely about things," Vacks said, "I had Zoofer tell me a droid threatened to blow him up if he didn't hand your weapons over," Vacks sighed, "Between an evacuation and your droid wanting to blow up a guard, it's been a day so far. Havah, your with me on the Sword of Justice. Look, some major things are going to start to come into play. I need you to start to train Fress as a squadron leader. If things keep going the way they are, you'll be a Wing Commander before long for the whole GRF! And while your looking at more widespread command, we need someone take direct control of the squadron. With Lasso missing, Winterkill missing, and Kasumi only with the group a short while and her pilot skills only tested once thus far, the only other option we have is Fress. Taller had been planning this for a while now. Yea, she may get hot-headed at times, but dang it, she likes to get her head into everything. And we need a squadron leader that is going to push that line like she does. Maybe you can calm that quick, jump before I look, response from her, but other then that, her skills check out. And she's proven herself. Numerous engagements, you name it, she has the resume. Now, before you respond yes or no, no, you don't have a choice. This is an order from the top. Just get her in the know-how Jeth. She won't take over the squadron yet, but she needs to be ready when that time comes, because, when it does, it'll come fast.”

Fress paused for a second as she heard the words train as a Squadron Leader? That was completely unexpected. She didn’t think due to her time here, they would even consider her. She had the strong military background for it and since the others are MIA or have been here less then her. That rank was too much too hope for but in reality, it was easier in reach then she originally thought. Hot headed? Maybe there was some truth too it. She did barge in on the Bridge of the Sword of Justice demanding to speak with the captain. Maybe there is some area she could use some work on. And something told her that Jeth was strict in his profession. It sounds like Havah didn’t have a choice in the matter. She bit on her lip. Havah did have a reputation aboard the ship and hoped she can impress him with her abilities to lead a squadron. Leading wasn’t the problem, being watched by others who didn’t know her leading skills that well did worry her a bit. She couldn’t worry about that now. She just wanted to make sure she did a good job and keep everyone alive during battle. She did look forward to working more closely with him.

“Right,” Fress muttered under her breath as she hoisted her duffle bag and weapons. She walked over to her X-wing and shoved her stuff into the small compartment then grabbed her flight suit. “Saber, get the X-wing ready,” she commanded the droid as she pulled the jacket off and stored it in with her belongings then closed the compartment making sure it locked properly. “We’re going on a scouting mission in the next couple of minutes.”

Saber beeped in acknowledgement as he pointed his jets towards the floor and lifted himself up in the air and settled into the droid compartment of the X-wing. She heard the couplings unlock as she pulled on her flight suit.

Fress noticed Cody and Wolf had been listening to the entire conversation and were grinning from ear to ear. They must’ve heard about the Squadron Leader part. She grinned back and mouthed, never saw it coming.

“I find that hard to believe,” Cody answered back as he walked towards her X-wing. “Fress, you were born for that part. There’s no denying it. Congrats.”

“Thanks I think,” Fress answered with a slight smile. “I just don’t want to feel like I’m taking this position away from Jeth. He’s been here for a long time and has a reputation.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Wolf reassured. “Sounds like it was Taller’s idea, and considering the other two are missing you should feel honored to be in the running for this position. Congrats.”

Fress nodded with a smile as Saber beeped a reminder to her. “They want us up in the air now. Good luck on the Delinquent and watch out for Yav. He’s got a bit of a sarcastic mouth on him and he can be a bit hot headed. He’s fun to work with, even his droid seems to inherited his personality quirks.”

“Good luck, Fress,” Cody said with a smile. “It’s good that we got to speak with other after so long. May the Force be with you.”

Fress smiled, she hadn’t heard that saying in ages. “May the Force be with both of you. I got to go,” she held out her hand but instead of the usual hand shake, they both surprised her by each giving her a hug instead. That was the first time they ever hugged making her realize they were more then just comrades. They were friends from another time. She turned towards the X-wing and climbed up the ladder. She reached in and picked up the helmet off the seat, then slid into the cockpit. She pulled the helmet down over her head as she took the engines off standby. She looked down and noted nothing caught her eye. The fighter was ready for action, that’s if the Imperials really did decide to come. Those six Imps holed up might be a good indication that they could have company shortly.

“Firecracker to Spook, systems are green and the stick is hot,” Fress reported in with a grin. Her X-wing was fired up and ready to go.
    -----------------------
    Cody turned to Wolf as he nodded over to where Sydney was standing. “I suppose we should wait with him,” Wolf nodded in agreement as they headed over to where Sydney was waiting. “Fress tells us you know your way around ships. That usually comes in handy for missions. I’m Cody and this is Wolf and we used to work with Fress on the front lines during the Clone Wars.”

Tag Mitth Vehn Sith all

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Daniel Sandstrider
    Greater Javin

With a flash of motion, a green starfighter dropped out of hyperspace. It shook slightly as the pilot righted the machine, its wings extending out to allow for better sublight maneuvering. In the cockpit, the pilot was glaring at his instruments,

“Kriff…I knew I shouldn’t have bought that cheap fuel on Tatooine…kriffing Hutts giving me faulty fuel…” Daniel Sandstrider grumbled under his breath as his Aurek-class fighter sped through space, “I’m lucky they didn’t wreck my hyperdrive…its hard enough to find parts as is…”

Daniel had been on his way to find the group known as ‘The Mercs’. He had heard that they had been seen somewhere in this area. It was a very large area though, so Daniel was wondering if he would actually be able to find them any time soon. Especially with his antique fighter running on junky fuel.

While Daniel was trying to figure out how to get the best ‘mileage’ out of his fuel, a series of beeps came out of his cockpit speakers, “Beep boop bop tweet.”

“I know Ar-Four…it is a big area to search,” Daniel said, patting his comm panel.

The young man had also bought an old R4 series droid from a dealer on Tatooine. But since his Aurek didn’t have a space for an astromech droid, Daniel had set up a special system in the fighter. He had downloaded the memory banks of R4-C6 into the Aurek’s computer systems. So the droid didn’t actually have a body until Daniel could find a new one.

“*whistle* beep, tweet,” R4 replied.

“What do you mean we’re being hail…oh…” Daniel started, before he saw a group of ships floating in front of him.

It looked like whoever this group was, they were evacuating from the Marauder-class corvette in the center of the formation. But what got Daniel’s attention were the Venator class Star Destroyer, and the twin King-I class battleships. One of which was hailing his fighter.

“Aurek class fighter…identify yourself,” came over Daniel’s speakers.

“This is Daniel Sandstrider…I’m an independent pilot who is looking for work. Am I right in assuming that you are the Mercs?”

There was a lengthy pause on the other end, “You are cleared to approach the Authority Sandstrider…our commander wants to meet you.”

Daniel nodded and sent his old fighter towards one of the battleships. His day just got a lot more interesting…

TAG: Staff

OOC: FINALLY!!! Sorry this took so long... I did have to improvise a little on the comm messages though...is this good?

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Johhny Boy, Corridors/Hanger

Being stopped on your way to sweet relief was a pain in the. . .well he wasn't quiet able to vocalize what it was pain in as it seemed to radiate to every part of his body at this point. The denial and standing at attention to hear Vacks reprimands and orders was like being strapped to a torture rack. Something he actually some experience with. Still he stayed silent and nodded at the appriate moments. Fress heel toed it out of there once Vacks was finished, and he couldn't blame her. He had felt probably similar when he had been given the job, although at least she wasn't having to take it away from a corpse.

Small mercies, ones that she probably didn't even think of yet for this profession. Nodding and giving a crisp salute that he didn't feel he then motioned to the three that he had been traveling with to go for a drink. "You owe me two bottles, I'll reimburse you for a third." With that he trotted after where Fress had run off to, namely the ships in the hanger.

When he got there he saw his X-wing was already prepped with Glove in the rear docking port, and a cargo section that his flack vest and piloting gear prepped next to the forward strut. With a nod he removed his armors helmet and donned the pilot one, followed by the flack vest, and EV gear that came with it. His comm in his armor suits forearm was already rigged to work in the new craft, and his armor was vacuum rated. Meaning he didn't have to trade them out.

As he placed his helmet in the cramped cargo hold he noted that Pic was already stored down there snuggly with the crates that held his few pieces of personal belongings. "Linked or dormant?"

He got a quick response by a coded blinking of the droids receptors. It already had uplink to aid Glove, although Glove was point for all operations involving this idiotic craft. Pic had already privately made his disdain known about the small cargo capacity, and over reliance on an energy powered defense systems to keep them alive.

Nodding he hopped in and started the rapid prep for a cold-vac hop. "Oh, by the way Pic?"

{Yes?}

"I'm supposed to reprimand you for prior behavior. Consider it done and add an upgrade to the next paychecks expendures list."

{Understood sir.}

"Why do you always call me sir after I reward you?" he asked with a slight grin as the repolsors popped the craft off the deck.

{To encourage your present behavior.}

"Understood. Plot a recon flight-path and send the material to Glove to double check. Glove, once checked display and transmit to Fress's R-unit along with the astromech equivilant for reasoning out the path. We need to train her and her droid to take our place. She's next in line officially now, so our current standing operations are limited along with this transfer." Hearing an ackowledgment tweedle he pushed the ship to exit the hanger.

"Flight lead to wings, call in." he transmitted over the Merc frequency. "We have a sweep and clean opp for making sure the sky's still clear, roger?"

TAG: Kasumi, Fress, others.

6. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    OOC/OOG: Hey all, I will get a post up tomorrow. I have a final I'm studying for. Sorry for the delay.

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: General Perez, Commander Hilton, Lieutenant Zotoman (Jod npcs), Yavscout, “The Professor” PRF-1299, “Simone” SIM-0702 (spacetrooper npcs) , the Sword of Justice, Authority, and Delicate Delinquent respectively.

Perez looked carefully at Stakes as the younger man questioned his loyalty.

As with any situation where such a loaded question was asked, in such genial-looking circumstances, the senior officer rapped the deck at his feet with the heel of his right boot.

Felt and sounded solid enough.

“My loyalty is to the King and Queen, Captain Stakes. The king and I played together as children; we go…we went back a long way.”

Same here, Captain.” Hilton agreed, then looked aside at his bulkier superior. “You were checking for a trapdoor, weren’t you?

“Might have.”

Don’t worry, Sir. We drained the shark tank before embarking on this trip.

Authority

The captain’s voice echoed throughout the ship, “This is the Captain. Yellow Alert. All former prisoners of the Block. Please rendezvous in Conference Room Two in one hour for a briefing. Hanger techs, please start prepping the Sentinel-class craft for maximum passengers and equipment, and ship to ship transfers. Ready One pilots, launch in ten. Lieutenant Zotoman, liaise with Lieutenants Fress and Yavscout of the Mercs, to arrange transfer to the Delinquent. This is a Yellow Alert.

Zotoman arrived on the simulator deck at the jog, expecting to find the Fress woman there.

“Where has she gone now?” He asked himself in exasperation, then stepped up to the nearest booth to flip up the open canopy to check inside. “Nope. Not in there.”

Captain’s Cabin – Johnny Boy

Yav listened to everything Dak had to say, then stood up to salute the droid at the dismissal order.

Right, well see you all at the Kingdom of Jod. Mister Palso, I will leave you to sort out the Cryo-Guns” He brought up his wristcom as he stepped out into the corridor, his astromech following without argument. The green lighting was out here too, and crewmembers were rushing frenetically about, some holding their belongings, others empty handed. “Lieutenant Zotoman? Yavscout here. Look, things have moved up. I want you to gather all rescued, able-bodied prisoners in Conference Room Two, explain that we- no, I cannot make it over there, I’m afraid. Tell them we need them aboard the Delinquent to help in the fight against the Empire. If you have the time and resources, it would not hurt to get a list of useful skill sets off them. Yav out.

Looking down, the elf asked if Deputy would be able to sort out clearing the room, if Yav’ went and signed out his weapon from the security station.

The droid informed him that they hadn’t made it to the security station. Yav had taken his S-5 to his room with him.

Okay fine, get that too. Is your holo-recorder working?

[Do wampas pee in the snow?]

Yav backed up to the side of the hallway, posed, and added, “make sure you catch my good side.” He waited for the nozzle pointed up at him to light up, then monotoned, “Nurse Ulrika. Flight Officer Yavscout here. I need you aboard that interdictor as my chief medical officer. Bring one of those GR-seven med droids, and enough broad spectrum anti-biotics to innoculate as many of the Block inmates as you can. Last thing we want is to turn the Delinquent into a plague ship.

[You’re a cheerful bugger,] Deputy observed.

Nice going.” Yav complained, “That’ll be on the playback now.

[And that.]

Frag!” The elf knew they didn’t have time for a do-over. “Alright, drop by Medical and play that to her; hopefully she’ll get the salient points.

[What salient points?] Deputy enquired, almost batting his photoreceptor in faux innocence.

Get your pretty choob to the Delinquent.

The recording light shut off. [And that’s a wrap!] Cecil B De-droid blatted, [I’ll edit all that other sith out and just play her that bit. See you at the Mother.]

The elf watched as the droid sped up the corridor, almost colliding with a crewmember bearing two bottles of some red liquid, that Yav suspected was alcohol. One even had a silken crimson bow around it.

He stepped into the man’s path, stopping him with a palm to his chest. “By the authority invested in me by Master Hank, Dak, and the Green Lightbulb Company, I hearby commandeer one of those thar bottles for future medicinal purposes aboard the ‘Delinquent!

Delicate Delinquent – Level 5

Sealed into the spacetrooper armour by the barricaded door on Level Four, the young Imperial warrior known as the Professor, thanks to his serial code, PRF-1299, rather than any particularly outlandish smarts, jumped at the noise over the covert frequency repeater!

Rolling a tracker ball under his right palm, he narrowed down the frequency to the 1313 line. The Professor sent an almost identical burst transmission back. Not exactly the same; he didn’t want the sender thinking he was getting a reflection back.

He cracked open the suit’s dome above his head, and called to his team. “I just got something. Covert Thirteen Thirteen.”

Right. Get suited up. I’ll set the hull exit charges” Simone reached back to start undoing her apron, while the other two clattered down the scaffolding steps to reach their suits on the level below.

Tag: Bravo, Bardon

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Johnny Boy Hangar bay

"Flight lead to wings, call in." he transmitted over the Merc frequency. "We have a sweep and clean opp for making sure the sky's still clear, roger?"

Fress glanced down at the map and nodded at Jeth’s explanation as to why he choose this course. Suddenly a certain spot kept drawing her attention and she wasn’t sure why. She looked at where the Johnny Boy and the others were located on the map. She glanced at the spot again as a strong sensation came over her. This spot was just off the side of the Delinquent. She closed her eyes allowing her instincts to take over. Someone was already out there, she was almost positive of it.

“Guardian Seven checking in, the stick is hot, all systems are go,” Fress reported in with a slight grin. She made a small note about the one spot to the side of the Delinquent. “Saber, download this map to Glove. Will you?”

Saber beeped in acknowledgement as he transmitted the map back to Jeth with the one marked spot with an explanation as to why they should check that area. If they sent one ship then why not have it waiting off to the side where it can’t be noticed. She bit on her lip wondering if he would go for it or stick to the original route he choose. It was very possible that the Empire decided to send a small single ship to unload the six Imperials that were holed up in the Delinquent. Only time would tell if her instincts were correct or not.

Tag Mitth

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Exiting the Johhny Boy Hanger

As his ship slid through the magcon field and into the cold hallow embrace of space he found himself for a moment captivated by the brilliant muted glow of the stars, some mere pinpricks of galaxies far far away, and others the more familiar homes of beings throughout the galaxy. What truly struck him then was a simple science lecture from when he was little, and still adhered to forced educational system of learning. The fact that the light he saw was from long ago from all of these, and if one built a receiver large enough, and a process fine enough one could see the actuall lives happening from the past. No one built such things due to the inherent flaws in actually attempting such a feat, but maybe someday someone would. And perhaps in one of those far far away galaxies, someone would see what he had done. Know of his brothers life, and mourn for them in their sad futility and the terror of such a moment.

Glove then broke into his temporary revere and announced with a twiddling chorus and electronic rasp his distaste that Fress' R2 unit and pilot wanted to change course based on a 'feeling' when they had perfectly sound calculations for their flight plans. Havah sighed leaning back in his cramped chair. "She has to learn sometime, and I have to teach her."

Flipping a switch he opened the Comm, "Fress will temperarily be taking lead. Adjust formation and tighten up on new lead. Fress, as soon as we're in position lead the way." switching off the relay to send messages he spoke to Glove, "Resend with adjusted flight plan to both fighters for Fress' desired first stop. Let's see how she handles getting her way."

TAG: JediFalcon, Ninja

10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Sydney Ayres
    Johnny Boy Hangar

Two men who looked exactly identical approached Sydney. They were military, professionally trained, and had apparently seen action in the Clone Wars. That bothered Sydney a little bit. Not because they had probably been on the front lines of that long war but that it brought back memories of a time when he had put his heart and soul into the creation of vehicles for war and found out how terribly they'd been used in that conflict. It might've sounded strange to someone had Sydney tried to explain his beliefs. After all, those hunks of metal that killed men and droid in that war were inanimate objects. They had no soul. But Sydney wasn't going to argue that on a theological point. He actually agreed with that idea. Rather, he knew the time, labor, and passion that went into creating the AT-TE, the LAAT, and even the rugged and reliable Acclamator and it pained him to see their smoldering hulks on the countless worlds that had been scorched.

Ayres had often been called in after the conflict to salvage what parts he could for the next batch of vehicles. Even with the vast resources of the Republic, the war had stretched the economy of the age old government to the limit and any parts that could be reused to cut production costs were high on the priority list. So team after team went to world after world and scrounged around for what was left from that venerable war. A war where so many seemed to lose their souls. A war that thrust clones into its rotating blades like the old meat grinder down the street. He remembered the torn limbs and mangled bodies of thousands of clones on the battlefields of that war. It was a carnage unlike any he had ever seen before. Unlike any he ever wanted to see again. The government pretended that the people seemed to care about the clones. But everyone who had a head on their shoulders knew they were treated just as harshly as the machines they used.

It was no wonder to me why they turned on the Jedi, Sydney thought as he examined the two men in front of him.

"I thought you guys were phased out years ago," Sydney grunted, "might've been better for you if you had been. For the meantime, you guys are stuck with me. Yes, I know ships. I know them very well. I also know a thing or two about the Clone Wars. Was more involved in the production side of things but I saw some time on the battlefields. Terrible stuff. Anyways, looks like we've got a rendezvous with some guy named Yavscout and several talented fighter pilots who once called the Johnny Boy home."

Tag: Sith and others :)

11. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    OOC/OOG: Question SITH: I wanted to keep my storm trooper buddies with Kasumi for story line stuff with them later. Bravo okayed it, but I didn't want to step on your toes. Thoughts?

IC: Kasumi
    Johnny Boy, Hangar Bay

Kasumi climbed into the cockpit of the X-wing as Buddy was loaded up as well. She looked back at her friends as she put her helmet on.

"May the Force be with you," her friends stated.

"And with you."

She gave them a salute as they all stood at attention to watch her leave the bay.

"Spook and Firecracker, this is Phoenix. All systems go."

"Fress will temperarily be taking lead. Adjust formation and tighten up on new lead. Fress, as soon as we're in position lead the way."

Kasumi nodded to the instructions given.

"Firecracker, I am ready when you are. Lead the way."

{I like your friends.}

"Thanks Buddy. I do too. Never thought I would see them again."

{Where they lost?}

"You could say that. We have all been lost, in hiding or prison..forced there..."

{By darkness?}

"Yes, by darkness."

{Will you return to hiding?}

"I have to at some point. I have a position I must return to."

{In hiding? You must explain that some time.}

"I will do just that Buddy and don't you worry...I'll take you with me into hiding if that's what you want."

Kasumi could just hear the happy whistle.

{Darkness has claimed too much. Don't like it.}

"That makes two of us."

Tag: Fress and Havah

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hangar Chief Ler (npc), Johnny Boy hangar.

The spindly grey droid strode throughout the hangar, his and Ayres' domain, focussing on both the crew roster on his hand-held datapad, and the the Mother, as the Merc's Lambdha-class shuttle was called.

He moved past a small group of stormtroopers to the side of Kasumi's starfighter, where he could see her inside, strapping on her helmet. Looking back at her fan club, he tutted. "Fellas, stand at the side please, out the way of the ships."

Ler checked the front of the hangar, and beyond their doors, the Javin Bucket equivalent to make sure she had a clear route into space.

He gave her a thumbs up through the canopy. "Phoenix, you are clear to go."

The droid back off while he fielded a comm call from the Mother's pilots. "Nope, you are not cleared to leave, Mother. You are taking several passengers to the 'Delinquent, and have some to wait for. Flight Officer Yavscout, Hangar Chief Ayres, Chief Engineer Tim Williams, and Chef Mary Star. I need to find outwhat is happening with my wookiees, and Hyperspace Tech Zap, but its like there are not enough standard hours in the day. So be patient, Mother." He commed Commander Vacks. "Sir? Ler. Do we know where the elf's N-1 is? And can you arrange to have it sent over to the interdictor?"

Ler's red photoreceptor snapped up to look at the stormtroopers, then back to Tim Williams' name on his checklist, then up to the stormies again.

"Fellas, a word to the wise. Our Chief Engineer was tortured by stormtroopers in the past and can be trigger happy when he sees the armour. Although you obviously don't care how people fighting the Empire might feel about your getup, I would recommend changing. I'd rather not have a firefight in our hangar."

Tag: Kasumi, Vacks, stormtroopers

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I.C. Fress Colias
    Space control

"Fress will temperarily be taking lead. Adjust formation and tighten up on new lead. Fress, as soon as we're in position lead the way."

“Firecracker, I am ready when you are. Lead the way."

Fress frowned knowing that Jeth might think this is a bit on the reckless side but she couldn’t shake the feeling that someone was out there. She frowned as she pushed the X-wing out of the hangar and took the lead. She glanced back behind her and noted that Kasumi and Jeth had tightened up behind her as she began to edge along the new course. Starting out with Jeth’s original plan, if someone was out there. She didn’t want to scare them away. “This is Lead. Keep your senses wide open and report if you see anything out of place. I want com silence starting now.”

Fress led the way around the route beginning to wonder if she should trust her instincts or not. Should she take the altered route or stick to Jeth's route? If the Imperials did show up, she didn't want to be too far out from the main ships. Especially with the Johnny Boy limping, she didn't like the thought of being this far out if someone did come. She continued to lead the group with the route Jeth choose. On the pass back they'll swing back towards the Deliquent. If her hunch was corret someone was already waiting for the Imps inside to make their move. She planned to hang back to let them leave. Better to let them leave then allow all hell to break loose. Just as long as they didn't plant explosives, then everything should be good. She really had a bad feeling about this.

Tag Mitth, Coffee, Bardan

14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Atin Taab
    Crusader, Greater Javin Sector

As his father began to move the Crusader off to a new location in the system Atin sat and listened at the comm gear. He knew they would need to a line of communication with the Imperial tra'verde if the extraction were to go off without a hitch. He wasn't sure how long it would take the Imperials to send a message back to them. It was even possible that they hadn't been listening at the right time. Atin was about to ask his father how long they would wait before trying again when a return ping came across the comms. He checked quickly to make sure it wasn't simply an echo before nudging his father "Buir, return signal, one tree, one tree."

His father took a moment to acknowledge him, "Buir?" Now his father turned to him, "Yes, I heard you. Are you sure its not an..." Atin shook his head and interupted Taab. "No buir, not an echo I checked. It's them."

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Crusader, Greater Javin Sector

Taab had heard his son's announcement but had been too busy looking at the passive sensor data to react. Though he couldn't tell exactly what yet, he knew there was alot more out here than just a damaged Interdictor. Atin jolted him from his thoughts. "Buir?"

After getting confirmation that this was no echo, and feeling the pride that Atin knew what he was doing, Taab started issuing orders again. "Button up, seal your beskar'gam (armor) and get to the forward hold. When they decide to come out we will take them aboard through cargo doors there. Get it ready." As Atin hustled down the corridor to obey, Taab halted the progress of the Crusader and held its position relative to the Interdictor. He also prepared the comm station to send out a homing signal on covert freq 1313 to guide the Imperials to the ship, but he would wait to activate it until he knew they were on their way. That done he again returned his attention to the passive sensor display, watching for some sign of their new arrivals, or any unwanted guests.

TAG: Sith-I-5

[​IMG]

15. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Herc, Circuit, and C.T.
    Johnny Boy, Hangar Bay

"Fellas, a word to the wise. Our Chief Engineer was tortured by stormtroopers in the past and can be trigger happy when he sees the armour. Although you obviously don't care how people fighting the Empire might feel about your getup, I would recommend changing. I'd rather not have a firefight in our hangar."

Herc looked down at the armor that he and Circuit were carrying.

"There's a reason we are carrying this. We aren't stormtroopers, and we stopped being that when we were sentenced to the Block for failure to follow orders. I'm sorry, sir, but when those orders called for the killing of the knights and masters that had trained us, of course we said no. We just held onto these from our last mission....just in case it comes in handy again," Herc stated matter of factly.

"Maybe we can help your hangar chief. Extra hands so to speak, if he would allow us that is. To at least show him that not all clones are a like," Circuit offered.

"But, we do understand, his hesitation. And even the happy trigger finger," C.T. added.

Tag: Sith

X-Wing

Kasumi looked at the stars around her as she sensed Fress' uncertainty. There was something out there, something not quite right, but Kasumi couldn't put her finger on it. As much as she wanted to understand it, she would have to let it unveil itself in time. For now, she had to focus on the task.

"Firecracker, what's your gut telling you on this?"

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG:

T-65, here comes a tag!!!! This college homework is like watching paint dry on a wall! There's nothing 'college' about it...just a bunch of useless busy work.

IC: "Captain"
    Hanger Bay, Authority, Greater Javin

The aging Captain stood in the hanger, the yellow alert echoing throughout the ship still. Yes, he was "above" this type of work. But with everyone busy, often times it was the veterans like him who filled in the holes. And yes, his "above" type of work would be coming soon...war was here and the taste of it made...well, everyone had a past they didn't want to talk about. Putting the inward grin aside at the prospect of war, the Captain looked as the Aurek-class fighter came in for a landing. With two Navy Guards flanking him, the Captain approached the fighter and the pilot who sled down the ladder.

"Daniel Sandstrider?" The Captain asked, extending a hand, "I am known simply as 'Captain'. Welcome to the Authority. I am sure you want to get in the know as soon as you can..." The Captain turned and nodded towards Commander Terrel Vacks who hurried along the hanger's floor, "Commander Vacks, second-in-command to the Mercs."

Terrel looked to the Captain, "Thank you Captain."

"My pleasure, Commander. Good day," The Captain bowed his head slightly in respect and departed with his guard escort.

Terrel looked to Daniel, "Sorry I'm late. I came as soon as I heard the approach of your ship. Rumor has it your looking for the Mercs? I'm Commander Terrel Vacks, their second-in-command," Terrel extended a hand to Daniel; as the two departed, Terrel nodded to a group of techs who ran towards the fighter, "Don't worry about your ship, Daniel. We're in the process of evacuating the Johnny Boy---our home base---and are in the process of moving everything over to the Sword of Justice and Delicate Delinquent. We are going to the Sword of Justice and so is your fighter," The Commander lead a hand towards the waiting Aka'jor-class shuttle that belonged to the Kingdom of Jod's Royal Command; it was a modified Mandalorian shuttle painted with a red hull and white as a secondary color for stripes and lining, marking it as part of the Royal Command. It was further armed with heavy armor plating, military-grade shields, a stealth-like engine, sensor reducing paneling, increased communication and sensor range (and jamming capabilities on both sensors and communications), upgraded power core, and a chin mounted turreted twin-blaster cannon and two wing-tipped laser cannons.

The shuttle, the Wind's Sword, was the last of the Royal Command resources to leave the Authority, essentially transferring all Royal Command within the GRF from the Authority to the Sword of Justice. Standing at the ramp was the last two of the Queen's Guardsmen aboard the Authority...

...and both nodded in respected to Terrel Vacks. As Daniel and Terrel boarded the cramped shuttle, which was packed with the last of support personnel for the Royal Command, equipment, and crates, Terrel motioned for Daniel to sit down. Soon, the guards came up, the ramp closed, and the tell-tale sign of a shuttle lifting off could be felt. Through the cockpit viewport and over the shoulders of the two Royal Command shuttle pilots...

...the blackness of space speckled with stars could be seen as the hanger landscape faded away in the background. The shuttle took a long banking turn to starboard, the Javin Bucket's bow coming back into view---with the Johnny Boy visible inside of her open hanger's doors---the Delicate Delinquent could be seen just to the port of the Javin Bucket and the Sword of Justice clould be seen to the starboard and aft of the Javin Bucket (the Authority had been port and bow of the Javin Bucket). Just passing the bow of the Javin Bucket (which was some 700 meters away), the shuttle took another long banking turn to starboard and headed towards the Sword of Justice.

Terrel looked at Daniel, "I'm sorry for all the rush. But it's a life of us Mercs. Hope you like it. But tell me, while we wait for this flight to be over, what brings you to the Mercs?"

Tag Skywalker

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I.C. Fress Colias
    Space patrol

"Firecracker, what's your gut telling you on this?"

“I can’t shake the feeling, Phoenix, I keep getting this feeling that someone or something is out there already,” Fress paused for a second as she continued to scope out the area. “I keep having this vague feeling that it has to do with the Delinquent. Are you getting anything through the Force?” she continued to scan the area as Saber beeped at her. “Did you pick anything up, Saber?”

Fress glanced down at the translator noting a ship heading towards the Authority, it looked like it was landing. “Saber, we’re not interested in a ship landing in the Authority, that place is crawling with security and we do have transfers going on, that’s why we’re out here, remember?”

Saber beeped again as something moved on her long-range scanner, barely off screen then disappeared again. “That looked like it was out near the Delinquent,” Fress shook her head as she glanced at the radar again. There was transfers going on and this could be just the transfer itself getting under way, the ship came out of the middle of nowhere then vanished again. “Could be apart of the transfer, but it seemed to come out of nowhere and I should be able to track the ships flying between the larger ships. Saber, keep an eye on that spot for now. And see if it reappears again. It could be just someone flying a fighter between the ships."

Saber beeped in acknowledgement as the feeling Fress was feeling earlier slowly grew as she stared at the radar. That was really weird. Why do I have this feeling we have company incoming?

Tag Mitth, Coffee, Bardan

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sounil Mistry, Nate Legnash, Lieutenant Zotoman, Crewman Rand, Hangar Tech Ler, Sergeant Vestor, the Authority, the Johnny Boy, the Delicate Delinquent, respectively.

Authority

Sounil and Nate were the first into the massive hall that was the junior of the place wherte they had encountered the Jod monarch, and the leader of the Mercs.

Plenty of red veloured chairs, a bit of floor space, then a centrally-placed holoprojector and a raised dais.

While Sounil took a place on the front row, smiling as she remembered her earlier shower - not something that were enjoyable experiences on the Block - while Nate strode boldly over to the holo, and started to study it, leaning over the central circular aperture at the top.

Boys and their toys.

"Ah-ha!"

The twi'lek looked up to see a translucent blue-black holograph engulf her friend before he straightened and back-track out of it, rubbing frantically at his eyes.

"You alright?" She called.

"Yeah yeah, fine. I'll probably get my sight back in a mo'."

"Recognise it?" A voice from the door asked, Lieutenant Zotoman closing it behind him and walking in, coming round in front of Sounil, for the former SGIS agent to look up at.

She screwed her eyes at the holo. "Looks like a starmap. Don't recognise it though."

"The device defaults to the vessel's current location, so that is showing the Greater Javin, in the Outer Rim Territories of your galaxy."

"Our galaxy?" Nate echoed, still by the projector. "So not yours, by the way you say that?"

The Jod officer made a wishy-washy move with a downward-facing palm. "Spatially, perhaps. But politically, Jod politics, particularly. Jod territories are separate." Zotoman glanced along the empty seats behind Sounil. "I hope your compatriots arrive soon."

"Your public address gave them an hour, remember. Want to tell us where we can sign up to take the fight to this Soal character?"

Zotoman looked blank. "Soal character?"

"ISB strong-man? Threatened the Mercs' families?"

Zotoman shook his head. "It's like living in a fragging soap; the dramas we are having. Assassinations, Vaska 3 being over-run, Watava getting glassed, loved ones being threatened, they'll be people having affairs next!"

He didn't notice that neither Block escapee would look at him.

His comlink whistled from his belt. "Zotoman."

"Bridge, Sir. The last Royal Command elements have now departed the Authority."

"Understood." He put the communicator back onto his belt, looking pensive.

Johnny Boy

Rand made it to the Johnny Boy hangar, still with both bottles, and approached Ler, fidgetting as he found the droid in conversation with a pair of twins that he did not recognise.

"There's a reason we are carrying this. We aren't stormtroopers, and we stopped being that when we were sentenced to the Block for failure to follow orders. I'm sorry, sir, but when those orders called for the killing of the knights and masters that had trained us, of course we said no. We just held onto these from our last mission....just in case it comes in handy again," Herc stated matter of factly.

So not twins. Clones. Rand was almost hopping from foot to foot as he waited to ask about Jeth.

"Maybe we can help your hangar chief. Extra hands so to speak, if he would allow us that is. To at least show him that not all clones are a like," Circuit offered.

"But, we do understand, his hesitation. And even the happy trigger finger," C.T. added.

"In that light, I am glad we had a part in rescuing you," Ler responded. "and only sorry that we could not have done it earlier. Just make sure you are not wearing those plates where he can see you. Chief Williams will be taking the Mother," Ler indicated the parked shuttle, "over to the 'Delinquent interdictor."

"Why?" Rand interrupted.

Ler paused, red photoreceptor swinging from C.T. to Rand. "Why what, Crewman?"

"Why is Williams taking the shuttle? The 'Delinquent is docked with the Javin Bucket."

"It is? No-one tells me anything round here!"

A nearby Wookee, who had been ear-wigging, nipped a comment.

"Okay, not information strictly to do with my hangar, but with the correct data, I would know how to best use Mother. Excuse me, Gentlebeings." Ler started to turn away, looking for Ayres. "I have to talk to the Hangar Chief."

"Wait!" Rand put one bottle down on the deck, and gripped Ler's arm to stop his turn. "Where is Jeth?"

"The Squadron Leader is out on patrol."

"Look after this bottle, and give it to him when he returns. From me."

"Well obviously it is from you."

"Tell him."

"I'm not a secretary. Put it on one of the desks in the offices, and go clear out your room. Surely you got orders telling you where to go?"

Delicate Delinquent

Vestor stood in the Delinquent's main hangar, watching as a Sentinel-class landing craft in Jod colours settled onto the polished black deck.

Bridge Officer Bob had given him a field promotion to Sergeant to better supervise the expansion of Jod and Merc forces coming aboard.

The shuttle's ramp came down, and a platoon of soldiers in the blue and gold of Vestor's own vac-suit, debarked, their team leader coming up and returned the new sergeant's salute.

"So, you are from the Sword of Justice, are you?"

Vestor sighed. Last thing he needed right now was an inter-crew rivalry. "Yep. Is that going to be a problem?"

"We're from Authority."

"Right now, Corporal, we are both G.R.F."

"As you say, Sergeant" The non-com took out a black and yellow swatch of cloth. "Your new stripes, sir. So where do we put our gear?"

"You have to understand, our team brought the vessel in. We didn't take the time to explore, so we have no idea where the barracks and cabins are yet. We have techs checking the Imperial droids for hstile programming or trackers, and once they pass the tests, we can have droids guiding the new crew about" Vestor led the way out the hangar, "Have your pilots move that shuttle to the side of the hangar; we need to leave room for the next one."

Tag: Ayres, and any in the JB hangar

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I.C. Cody/Wolf
    Johnny Boy Hangar

"I thought you guys were phased out years ago," Sydney grunted, "might've been better for you if you had been. For the meantime, you guys are stuck with me. Yes, I know ships. I know them very well. I also know a thing or two about the Clone Wars. Was more involved in the production side of things but I saw some time on the battlefields. Terrible stuff. Anyways, looks like we've got a rendezvous with some guy named Yavscout and several talented fighter pilots who once called the Johnny Boy home."

Cody nodded in agreement as he looked at Sydney with a frown. Fress had called this ship her home for a while and now she’s finding herself a new home again. It seemed she never really had a place to really call her own. Maybe she did have a place somewhere but she very rarely visited it. “Where do we meet with this YavScout? Fress warned us about his sarcasm.”

Tag Vehn

20. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Daniel Sandstrider
    Winds Sword, en-route to Sword of Justice

As Daniel watched the Authority slide from view, he couldn’t help but be worried about his fighter. After all, he didn’t really know anyone here, and he was letting them handle his Aurek. All he could hope was that R4 had the sense to stay quiet. Daniel was sure that hearing an astromech’s beeps without there BEING one there would freak some people out.

As Daniel turned his head away from the view outside, he heard Terrel say something, "I'm sorry for all the rush. But it's a life of us Mercs. Hope you like it. But tell me, while we wait for this flight to be over, what brings you to the Mercs?"

“Honestly, I wanted to be able to make a difference in the Galaxy. I was just a farmer back home, and it just never sat well with me to be a farmer and not do anything to help people. A lot of people back home called me an idealist, but honestly I just wanted to make a difference you know?” Daniel replied, before taking another look out the window.

After watching space for a little while, Daniel turned back to his companion, “Have you heard of Dantooine? I know it’s a remote planet, so I haven’t heard a lot about what is going on out in the greater Galaxy. There was members of the Rebellion back home though, and when I took one of their ships to leave Dantooine, I learned more about what the Empire is like."

Daniel sighed before continuing, “Honestly, I can’t support a regime like that…and I know that the Rebel’s are in the right. But I couldn’t join them…not after I stole one of their shuttles. So after I found my fighter, I decided to track your group down. You seem like the only mercenary group out there that actually cares about people, and not just money. So I’m hoping that you let me join…and help fight the Empire.”

And with that, Daniel waited for a reply, watching as the shuttle continued on its trip.

TAG: Terrel

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: Jason Lasso, my personal character, may be out of the loop for a little bit. I need to get him ready for Allegiance (and also tell part of the overall story through him for this game), but the only way to do that realistically without god-moding, is to do it without god-moding, which means time. So if you see "No Tag" with Jason Lasso, it's because of those reasons above. Jason Lasso will be showing up again ASAP. I would say that if anyone else wants to do this, to please PM me first to ask for permission. I generally don't like no tags unless it's for reflection posts, etc. Lasso will be part of telling the overall storyline, so please allow that mercy on his behalf.

If I missed any tags, please let me know. My fiancee, a close and dear friend of mine, and I just spent 4 hours cleaning my apartment that my roommate left trashed. That wasn't the plan and without my buddy's help, my fiancee and I would have been cleaning this whole weekend inside the apartment. To say the least, I am still de-stressing over roommate problem that has been a problem since before May of this year and has cost a lot of money to endure through.

And I'm tired, too. :p

IC: Jim Palso
    Air Locked connecting ramp, Delicate Delinquent

Palso was a smuggler, not a cargo fetcher. But, the Corellian smuggler swallowed his own pride for the sake of the paycheck...and to find his brother. Jim was starting to wonder if anyone cared about Jason Lasso missing...because no one has mentioned a Sithing thing about it yet! Once in the meeting earlier, oh fun. But not even a pipe of concern after that! But, the smuggler reasoned, once these cryo weapons were delivered, with the Hunk of Junk and his droids already aboard the Delicate Delinquent, the smuggler figured he might just cut his losses and go find his brother on his own.

Guiding the hover sled through the boarding ramp connection tube between the Authority and Delicate Delinquent, Palso emptied out into the main hanger where he saw a bunch of colorful space cowboys walking off a shuttle towards a group of normal looking people.

Did someone not tell the colorful looking space cowboys that the costume contest was next week?

Shaking his head at the vast differences of alien races and their cultures in the galaxy, Palso wondered if he could pick out a younger version of someone he met years later when he stumbled across the Kingdom of Jod?

For some reason Jim noticed as he pushed the hover sled forward, none of the colorful looking space cowboys or the normal people wanted to help him. What did they want, an invite with sparkles and their own personal audio song?

"You have to understand, our team brought the vessel in. We didn't take the time to explore, so we have no idea where the barracks and cabins are yet. We have techs checking the Imperial droids for hstile programming or trackers, and once they pass the tests, we can have droids guiding the new crew about" Vestor led the way out the hangar, "Have your pilots move that shuttle to the side of the hangar; we need to leave room for the next one."

"Before we start moving anything around," Jim said as he wiped sweat off his brow; hover sleds were great when they worked 100%; but that "100%" wasn't always working 100% of the time, "Why don't we find out where these Imperial space bunnies are at so we can freeze them? You try hauling around one hundred of these rifles plus fulfillment tanks. It's a Hutt's sister of a job!"

Tag Sith

OOG: Skywalker, you can just tag by the username---"Tag Bravo"----or use tag in a reference like "Tag Bravo (as Vacks)". :)

IC: Commander Terrel Vacks
    Wind's Sword, Aka'jor-class shuttle, heading towards the Sword of Justice from the Authority, Greater Javin

“Honestly, I can’t support a regime like that…and I know that the Rebel’s are in the right. But I couldn’t join them…not after I stole one of their shuttles. So after I found my fighter, I decided to track your group down. You seem like the only mercenary group out there that actually cares about people, and not just money. So I’m hoping that you let me join…and help fight the Empire.”

Vacks looked down at his dented Storm Commando armor and wiped away a few dirt and dust particles he noticed on the proven armor. His helmet was off (hung by a strap off his waist), showing his aging dark skinned features, his sword's hilt showing just above and behind his right shoulder. He looked up at Daniel, "We could use all the help we can get, I'll be honest. We use to be a outfit fully staffed. Then Watava hit and brought us down, at least with fighter pilots. Then we got new members again...and the Empire has wiped them out too. But, we ain't some political freedom fighter group like the Rebel Alliance. I guess you can call us Old Republic Loyalists. Not wanting any part of the Rebel Alliance or any other rebel group, just wanting to fight the Empire to restore the Old Republic. But even at that, we're not even Republic Loyalists at heart, we're more so Jedi Loyalists who were disgusted with Order 66 and swore to bring the Jedi Order back. With most of the Johnny Boy's department heads and command staff from the Clone Wars era and who fought in it---or use to be----our Jedi loyalties run deep. But, to answer your question, yes, your welcome. To put it frank, we need the bodies. But more then a body, we need a body that is going to survive past the first starfighter battle. If you do, we'll promise you revenge against the Empire.

"Do you want in? Or should I turn the shuttle around before your fighter is transferred over?"

and
    Tag Skywalker

IC: Captain Timothy Stakes
    Captain's Ready Room, Sword of Justice, Greater Javin

"Good," Stakes said, sitting down behind his desk again, "Then what I'm about to tell stays in this room. And if it is leaked out, well we're all of the understanding that two men in this room will have a long walk and a short drop. And I won't be one of those two," Taking a breathe, Stakes went on, "The King must had known about his death. Or it coming. Call it pre-destiny or whatever you want. But several months ago, the Sword of Justice was in for repairs and maintenance after a six month deployment across the Northern Stretch. It was nothing more then a sight seeing tour; nothing happens along the Northern Stretch, but it's navy policy that at least one King-class Battleship is on long range patrol at all times along the Northern Stretch. Well, I was back home, in the Royal Palace, enjoying my R&R, when a messenger from the Royal Court came. I thought it was a welcome back letter from the King. Instead, it was a letter of death.

"The King put it frankly that he didn't expect to be alive a year from now. He asked in the letter to have me keep it quiet, as a friend to a friend request, and did have a Royal Order for me. Royal Orders, as you know, are a must follow with no chance to refuse it. Refusal of such an order is unthinkable in the higher educated circles of the military. So I obeyed the order and spent one more week with my family. After that, I cut my R&R short by a week as the letter requested, opened the door, and saw a Page waiting for me. A young boy who I knew worked for the King personally. I followed the Page through several Queen Guardsmen guarded doors to and to a single room simply called "The Room". I sat there, in a meeting, with King Alex "the Just," several alien species, the Captain from the Authority, and Lord Alic Tarfa. But, oddly, no Queen Christina "The Great" and I was told to not mention anything to her...never.

"In that meeting, I was told what was to happen, as the Whites or Guardians---whichever title you use---had told the King. There, a White showed up...and that was when I believed, for the first time, in the stories of them, the same stories I was told since a child growing up. And in that meeting, I was told of what you are about to hear about the Guardians' Reliance Fleet. The Authority will become the guardian of the Johnny Boy until she is repaired. When she is, the Authority will rejoin the GRF with the Captain as it's Admiral. The Authority and Sword of Justice will be recommissioned into the King II-class Battleships respectfully and our old the King I's will be recommissioned into the Rule---for the Authority----and Sword---for the Sword of Justice. At that point, with the addition of further GRF forces, we will march on the Empire stronghold our House of Royal Intelligence as identified as Operation Zero. Once----and if---victory is allowed, we will march on the Kingdom of Jod home world of Jod, restore the Queen who will had been dethroned, and start the assault on the darkness that has consumed our galaxy, both our's and the "Other Galaxy". And then, simply, we will retreat back in myth and legend, only to be seen by random Spacers and told to children as bedtime stories.

"This, a course, is Plan A. Plan B, C, D, and E are still pending the 'Sith has hit the fan' and at which case we come up with Plans B, C, D, E, and F, standing for, 'We are Sithed.' Now, General Perez, your in charge of the Royal Corps of Mechanics, last I heard? If that's the case, you have one job and on job only until we reach Jod Space to capture the King II's. You need to run the whole hanger in drills, until perfection is reached, in running a hanger and flight deck twice as big as a standard King I; twice the starfighters, shuttles, and ground equipment. When that is done, you let me know. They need to be perfect, General. Nothing less. I will be transfering the best of the best, at least 50% of the hanger, over to the King II...the rest get a promotion and lead the new crew who will staff the Sword. Our best will work with the new Sword of Justice's hanger crew, 50% strength, that will already be stationed on the King II. Now Commander Hilton, your in charge of the ship's crew. Everything is perfection, like the General and his hanger bay. Find the best of the best and we transfer over to the King II with 50% of them. Appoint whoever you need to help you, but make it work. I will be in charge of running ship-wide drills and finding who in the command staff will transfer over.

"Any questions, gentlemen? You two are the core of the GRF and it's beginnings. The GRF starts with the King II Sword of Justice."

Tag Sith

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG:

For storyline purposes, I am repositioning Jason Lasso. I understand that this can be considered god-moding, however, I am doing it because:

A) Storyline purposes for the overall game

B) Jason Lasso's repositioning effects no other character in the game or other storyline

C) It does not save the character from a certain death where escape was impossible (since there was no impossible escape to escape from)

If anyone has any concerns or comments, please post them in the Rocketjock. I will reconsider and void this post if I have to if there is overwhelming support or evidence to bring against this post. Thank you.

IC: Jason Lasso
    Raider's Glory, crash site Planet of Jod

The sound came and went, as did his vision, from blurry to blackness. It seemed every few minutes, something would ratter his unconsciousness mind awake, then he would loose consciousness again. Flashes of imagines, of a busted and ruined bulk freighter's, his bloodied hands. Then blackness again.

The shouting, the blaster fire, the screams. Everything was a mix and a blur. He struggled to get up, his own breathing seeming to be foreign to his ears, as was the sensation in his ears. He stumbled over bodies and equipment, then fell down, unconsciousness claiming him again. He awoke some time later, seeing some colorful assortment of clothes, with young soldiers yelling and point,

"Here! Here! Grab him hurry!"

They said, then unconsciousness claimed him again.

One day later (Kingdom of Jod timeline)....

The voice he heard.

"Well doctor?"

"He'll make it. Just a few days rest needed, general."

Jason opened his eyes, seeing blurry bearded men standing over him in a tent of shorts above their heads, then Jason lost consciousness again.

Two days later...

Jason hadn't said much since he awoke. Simple nods. No one knew who he was. All that he knew was that he was on the legendary and mythical planet of Jod, the mythical homeworld of the Kingdom of Jod. He was in the camp of the "Loyalists," the soldiers who fought on the side of King and Queen, while the "Confederates," as they were called by the Loyalists, were opposite of them. Outside of that, Lasso was handed a uniform, a rifle, and knew nothing more nor asked anything more. The story had been his bulk freighter had been shot out of the sky by Confederate leaning naval vessels in orbit around the planet. The crash site had been swarmed by both of these forces for some unknown goal or reason other then orders shouted by a superior, and the Loyalists had won the battle.

For now, Lasso simply put on the clothes he was handed (A Civil War Union Soldier's Uniform) which had the colors as follows: red trousers, black ankle high brogans, with a white long-sleeve shirt covering the upper body. A blue sack coat went over the shirt with a black belt across the chest from right shoulder (or left shoulder) to left hip (or right hip) and a black belt around the waist. On the black belt was a collection of items, including a black canteen, a black haversack that contained a assortment of goods including food and personal items, a black cartridge box (storing energy clips for the rifles), and a black cap box (for the rifle as well). On his head, he wore a blue forage cap.

Once dressed, he looked at his weapons; a black holster strapped to either outer thigh that carried a DE-10 blaster pistol (DE-10 blaster pistol). His primary weapon was the LR-Model 2 Blaster Rifle, a weapon that was 56 inches long and weighed nine pounds; the weapon was a blaster rifle in the sense that it fired and operated like a blaster rifle. But for the Kingdom of Jod, the weapons' design was based off of the nation's desire to remain as peaceful as they could and not spread warfare across their land. The LR-Model 2 Blaster Rifle was brown in color, featured a barrel that was 40 inches, and had a solid stock. The rifle featured flip-up leaf sights (and could be equipped with a scope if needed), a socket bayonet, and a brown strap for carrying. The weapon's power was almost unmatched in the field and its maximum range was 10 kilometers. A single shot, the weapon was muzzle loaded and was a bear, from the other soldiers, to operate when compared to the more modern DE-1O blaster pistol.

Suddenly the flap to his tent opened, two humans walking in, the other rather on edge.

"But SIR! We have enemy troops coming the road! We must evacucte now to the Northern Region and the safety of the mountains!"

The other older gentlemen, with worn and dirty royal-like clothing, turned to the other younger man in boldness, "Then move your men, Colonel! The Queen has wished this and as long as their is breath in my lungs, I will obey the Royal Family. Do you understand?"

The man snapped to attention and saluted, "Yes, Lord Tarfa! I just hope you can move fast enough, sir. My soldiers can only cover you for so long." With that, the Colonel departed, shouting orders as soon as he was out of the tent.

The man known as 'Lord Tarfa' turned to Lasso, "The arse-hole of a general gets killed and you get stuck with a thick headed colonel! I don't know what is worse, an arse-hole or a thick head. Maybe both," Lord Tarfa took a near-by seat and sat down, "So your it?"

"I'm what?" Jason asked. He didn't have time for 'guess who game'. He went from his memory being wiped, to being tortured by Hilick Soal for no reason, imprisoned on a desert planet and tortured more, rescued by Jedi ninjas and trained briefly in hand-to-hand combat, then crashed landed on the planet of Jod. For all Jason knew, he had been gone for months, not just days. But all Lasso had on his mind was keeping what Hilick Soal told him locked away in his mind and marching forward to do what needed to be done that the LORD---or someone, maybe just his own will----was calling him to complete. Then, when that was done or through that process of marching forward, he wanted to find the Mercs again. Simple and straight-forward.

"Jason Lasso of the Mercs. The new leader of the Mercs no less!"

"Yea," Jason said, "Or so I'm told. But I don't see any Mercs to lead, I don't know what's going on, and I don't know who you are. So lets start with those three questions first. And no mind games, it won't work. I got my memory damaged from a starfighter crash a small time ago. Don't remember everything before the crash, but I'll remember enough to know weather or not your telling me the truth or not with those three questions I asked you about."

TBC

23. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    X-Wing

“I can’t shake the feeling, Phoenix, I keep getting this feeling that someone or something is out there already,” Fress paused for a second as she continued to scope out the area. “I keep having this vague feeling that it has to do with the Delinquent. Are you getting anything through the Force?”

Kasumi smiled at the question. The Force had shown her so much in the last few days, weeks, months, and years. She got a lot through it, but it was usually messages from her master or others. There were days that it was a blessing and other days it was almost a curse. With that Kasumi closed her eyes and blocked out every one else. She sensed things were off through the Force. Off with this mission, off with the surroundings.

"Firecracker, the only thing I'm getting is the sense of being.....of things being off. I can't pin point it. Would advise to stay alert out here."

Tag: Fress

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    X-wing patrol

"Firecracker, the only thing I'm getting is the sense of being.....of things being off. I can't pin point it. Would advise to stay alert out here."

"Right, keep alert with visual and scanners peeled. Phoenix, remember those days where it was either a curse or a blessing from the Force?" Fress questioned as she continued leading the group along the route. "This has one of those curse day feelings written all over it."

They were coming up to the turn around point shortly and so far, besides the activity around the other ships, there was nothing out here. She would not mind making a second pass out here as long as nothing dropped out of hyperspace. "Saber, has that weird blimp reappeared again?"

Saber beeped in a negative tone. "Keep your scanners peeled for anything out of the ordinary. We really don't know what's out here," Saber beep in agreement as she scanned everything around her. She even looked for any ship that maybe hidden in with the meteors.

Tag Kasumi, Mitth all

25. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    X-Wing

"Right, keep alert with visual and scanners peeled. Phoenix, remember those days where it was either a curse or a blessing from the Force?" Fress questioned as she continued leading the group along the route. "This has one of those curse day feelings written all over it."

Memory

Kasumi and her master had just been able to beat off the growing crowds of people that didn't want the peace talks and with Herc healing, Kasumi stepped out of the tent to speak with her master. She found her deep in thought watching the horizon.

"Master, what is it?"

"Something....is out there."

"Something?"

"Close your eyes. What do you feel?"

"I sense uneasiness in those around, not just here. The animals are uneasy."

"Can you find the location?"

"No, master, can you?"

"No. Remember this feeling. It will come again."

"Yes master. I...."

Cue Music

With that Kasumi was thrown to the ground and smoke filled her eyes and lungs.

"Master!"

They had returned...but this time something was different. Kasumi saw in the red mist the dark figure....and she heard the snap hiss of the saber....and the the double snap hiss of the second end lighting...making it a light staff. She saw as best she could, the red hue of the blades. Kasumi had very little time to react, and was able to deflect the first shot. She made it to her feet, and heard her Master calling to others for support as she deflected bolt after bolt of deadly light. The moves this person made were quick, and matched Kasumi with ease, as if they were reading her mind....before she made the next instinctual move. The hood came off and Kasumi came face to face with a figure in a black mask, which covered their face save for their eyes and their blood red lips. Hit after hit was countered by both. The smoke began to clear and Kasumi saw that those who dared to attack again, were gone, with the help of the rest of the troops. There was another round of smoke and as it cleared it took the dark figure with it.

End Memory

"Oh, believe me Firecracker, I remember that feeling all too well. And while this one isn't as strong as the last time I felt it, there is a hint of that feeling. Buddy keep scanning for me, and let me know the second something different shows up."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.