main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Atin Taab
    Crusader lounge, airless rock.

"Deal" the middleman said after a moments consideration. Taab did nothing to betray his feeling as he took the proffered credits, but his mind was buzzing. "Shab" he thought to himself. "That was too easy." His plan was to ask for triple and settle for double. It still would have been a somewhat low paying contract for the work done, information was often worth its weight in aurodium, but it would have been worth it to also find out more about these Mercs he and Atin has encountered. Of course he was being paid to divulge information to this middleman and his superiors, but such information exchanges often saw some information flow both ways.

After all he already knew about a vessel called the Delicate Delinquent and another the Javin Bucket. Given this man's interest in them and the Mercs, he could only assume that these were the vessels nearby when he had encountered the group in the first place. Taab wondered now if this man and those he represented could be somehow connected to those other unknown large vessels he had seen at the pickup site. The Mercs had flown those newfangled X-Wings. But the unknowns had flown ARC-170s, just like these unknowns did, and while that wasn't a rare spaceframe these days, nor was it commonly used in squadron service either...

He spoke now, his son looking on. "Very well Middleman, we have an accord. Now, take me to your leader."

TAG: Intervention.

OOC: Sorry, couldn't help it. :p

[​IMG]

2. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    IC: Jacques Petain
    Crusader, airless rock

He spoke now, his son looking on. "Very well Middleman, we have an accord. Now, take me to your leader."

Petain knew he had made the deal too easy, but that was the point. Greed without a hesitation to guess his "government"'s motivates gave many clear insights. However, the other mercenary, how he kept quiet...was this a "partner" outfit, where 2 mercs worked for the credits, or was this a father and son operation? If the latter proved to be true, then greed mixed with the love for offspring provided many...opportunities.

"Malastare. Port Pixelito. Tatooine's Pod Racer. Its one of the many hold-out Pod Racer restaurants that survived after the Empire out-lawed Pod Racing. I'm sure I'm telling you information you already know," Jacques passed a data crystal off to the mercenary leader, "12 hours from now, sit at the table detailed in this data crystal. My superiors will meet you there and continue our discussion. With my side of the transaction complete, I will be leaving, unless there are other details you would like to discuss...?"

TAG Bardan_Jusik

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Fress Colias
    Sword of Justice Mess Hall

"Well, maybe C.T. and Circuit can help once we meet up with them again. They could keep an eye on the Imperials, and may be able to steer them in the wrong direction as to who the mother is. It's a long shot, but it may by the time that we need. And, they can see what the reason was that the family was arrested to start with. Something tells me that a disease was probably not the cause."

Fress nodded in agreement as Kasumi took a sip of her tea. She shook her head knowing that was a very long shot. All they had to do was run a check on blood samples in their database. Not unless there was a way to switch the sample with someone else. “That is a long shot. Maternal tests are just matching up blood samples. I have a feeling they have my DNA in their database, not unless we can switch my sample with someone else’s.”

"Fress, is it just me in this or is there something different about Lasso. Not quite dark, but not quite light either. I think the pain that has stayed hidden is being coaxed to the surface more and more. Not to mention the attitude he gave when the rescue team came.....and the Sith he thinks he can face on his own. I fear that he is going to try to do too much on his own, not realizing the group that is behind him has the same goals, maybe not the same means to the end, but the same goals. I can only hope that he will not destroy himself or others before he learns this."

Fress nodded in agreement as she watched Jason for a minute then turned her attention back to Kasumi. “I noticed that too, seems a little more together then the green pilot who nearly got Aurora’s X-wing blown up. I have a feeling his memories may be coming to him in his dreams which would force him to face his past.”

Coffee_Ninja

4. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Mess Hall

Kasumi nodded to the thought of Lasso's memories coming in dreams. "I have a few myself, but the catch is not letting them eat away at you. Which I'm sure you know all too well. I fear that he is too, shall we say stubborn, to ask for help when he needs it, until it is to late, or there is no other option. I think it may be more than dreams too. There is a different look to him now. Almost like a scared animal, one that is waiting for the right time to spring and strike....at anyone...not always the enemy."

She thought for a moment about the DNA test.

"There no way to switch the samples, however, between C.T. and Circuit I'm sure they could find a way to tap into the medical data base and either switch things around, or scramble a few files so it would take the Empire years to figure out what was in them. It's a gift that they have, and one that I am glad that they are on our side. Aside from things with Brice, is there anything else troubling you? I only ask because I want to help you, and I value our friendship. We have both been by ourselves for too long...trust does not come easy to either of us...because of the past. However, there is a connection that we share, and one that goes beyond trust. I am glad that we were able to connect and meet Fress, and I am honored to be able to call you friend."

Tag: Fress

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

"There no way to switch the samples, however, between C.T. and Circuit I'm sure they could find a way to tap into the medical data base and either switch things around, or scramble a few files so it would take the Empire years to figure out what was in them. It's a gift that they have, and one that I am glad that they are on our side. Aside from things with Brice, is there anything else troubling you? I only ask because I want to help you, and I value our friendship. We have both been by ourselves for too long...trust does not come easy to either of us...because of the past. However, there is a connection that we share, and one that goes beyond trust. I am glad that we were able to connect and meet Fress, and I am honored to be able to call you friend."

Fress smiled and nodded. “That’s not a bad idea, if C.T. and Circuit can find a way into their files and just scramble them around,” she thought about Kasumi’s other statement. They were from the same planet. It was nice to make new friends. She didn’t have many these days and preferred attempting to keep her distance. It was just easier that way. Though there was that one bit of past and after the way things turned out with Daren, made it more difficult to form attachments to another male. “I’m honoured to call you my friend too. I don’t have many these days and at times it’s just been easier to keep others at arms length. One thing is on my mind, and Rex brought it up with me a couple of months prior to joining the Mercs. He thought that maybe I should try dating at some point again. After what happened with Daren has made me reluctant to do so.”

Coffee_Ninja

6. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    Mess Hall

“I’m honoured to call you my friend too. I don’t have many these days and at times it’s just been easier to keep others at arms length. One thing is on my mind, and Rex brought it up with me a couple of months prior to joining the Mercs. He thought that maybe I should try dating at some point again. After what happened with Daren has made me reluctant to do so.”

Kasumi finished off her cup of tea and poured another for herself, offering more to Fress.

"I guess the question becomes whether you are feeling ready to date again. I am not the right person to ask on, well, advice in that category, seeing the path that I chose, however, you chose the path before. And, while the order before didn't agree with it, by seeing you now, it makes me think that there is a place for some on the order who want to have both a family and the Jedi training. What are your thoughts on your friends suggestion? Do you think he is right?"

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

"I guess the question becomes whether you are feeling ready to date again. I am not the right person to ask on, well, advice in that category, seeing the path that I chose, however, you chose the path before. And, while the order before didn't agree with it, by seeing you now, it makes me think that there is a place for some on the order who want to have both a family and the Jedi training. What are your thoughts on your friends suggestion? Do you think he is right?"

Fress paused for a second and placed her utensil down on the plate. It had been years since she dated and had let her past and fears dictate her future. She feared of the Imperials catching up with her so he gave up her son in order to keep him safe. It seems that was all for not. She had to rescue him now. Until the Empire was still at large she felt she would never find anyone to share her life with. It might be better finding someone who could protect himself so she didn’t have to worry. “Maybe Rex is right. I want to. I fear the person may get hurt if the Imperials catch up with me. I guess I’m letting my past dictate any future I may have. It would be nice to find someone who shares the same ideals as me and can keep pace.”

Coffee_Ninja

8. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    Mess Hall

“Maybe Rex is right. I want to. I fear the person may get hurt if the Imperials catch up with me. I guess I’m letting my past dictate any future I may have. It would be nice to find someone who shares the same ideals as me and can keep pace.”

Kasumi laughed a bit. "Keep pace with you huh? That may be a tall order," she teased. "However, I think there is someone out there for you if that is what you want. The Force will see it through. If you keep worrying about the what ifs, then you will never be able to be happy and move forward. If I worried about the what ifs, I would not have had the chance I did to train with Yoda. I would have been stuck wondering what would have happened had I finished my training with Master Secura. Just take things one step at a time Fress. And while I do not have much experience with dating, you are more than welcome to bounce ideas off of me. So, to recap..the goals for the future are dating and finish training, but not entirely in that order." Kasumi teased again in the last sentence and gave her a smile.

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

"Keep pace with you huh? That may be a tall order," she teased. "However, I think there is someone out there for you if that is what you want. The Force will see it through. If you keep worrying about the what ifs, then you will never be able to be happy and move forward. If I worried about the what ifs, I would not have had the chance I did to train with Yoda. I would have been stuck wondering what would have happened had I finished my training with Master Secura. Just take things one step at a time Fress. And while I do not have much experience with dating, you are more than welcome to bounce ideas off of me. So, to recap..the goals for the future are dating and finish training, but not entirely in that order.”

Fress nodded with a slight smile. She agreed with Kasumi’s point of views, if she continued to worry she would never be happy again. She wanted to be happy again, finish her training and find someone to spend the rest of her life with. She already proved she could handle both and not run into any problems. She was thankful Kasumi could see that. “You’re right, maybe it’s time to stop worrying and just begin to enjoy what like has to offer. Darin did tell me that he and Ahsoka are taking turns keeping a watch over Brice until I can get to him,” she picked up the utensil and finished off the meal and drank the tea. She was feeling a little better about things. She bit her lip wondering about maybe staging a prisoner transfer… “I wonder if we can mess with a the files staging a prisoner transfer to a place where we can easily get Brice and the others out. Just a thought…”

Coffee_Ninja

10. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    Mess Hall

“You’re right, maybe it’s time to stop worrying and just begin to enjoy what like has to offer. Darin did tell me that he and Ahsoka are taking turns keeping a watch over Brice until I can get to him,” she picked up the utensil and finished off the meal and drank the tea. She was feeling a little better about things. She bit her lip wondering about maybe staging a prisoner transfer… “I wonder if we can mess with a the files staging a prisoner transfer to a place where we can easily get Brice and the others out. Just a thought…”

Kasumi raised her eyebrow. "A prisoner transfer? Are you sure he is classified as a prisoner? They may have him classified and the family as medical quarentine, or just medical status. When we get reconnected with the others, I will see what their ideas are. They may even have more than I do....no, I know they have more ideas than I do." Kasumi smiled at Fress. "And yes, enjoy what you have now, what blessings you have had before and look forward to what is ahead. For me, I look forward to seeing Master Yoda again, if that be the will of the Force, and I look forward to returning to Endor. I also look forward to helping you complete your training, and I hope some day see the forest of Alderaan again. I know that may seem like a lot, but it is what I look forward to, and something that I have put out there to the Force. Other than that I will let the Force direct me where it needs me, and where it wants me. That's how I ended up here...even though this was not the original plan."

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

"And yes, enjoy what you have now, what blessings you have had before and look forward to what is ahead. For me, I look forward to seeing Master Yoda again, if that be the will of the Force, and I look forward to returning to Endor. I also look forward to helping you complete your training, and I hope some day see the forest of Alderaan again. I know that may seem like a lot, but it is what I look forward to, and something that I have put out there to the Force. Other than that I will let the Force direct me where it needs me, and where it wants me. That's how I ended up here...even though this was not the original plan."

“It’s been almost ten years since I last stepped foot on Alderann,” Fress said with a frown. “I hope to return one day,” she poured Kasumi another cup of tea as well as her own. “I have a feeling if I am meant to be with someone, then it’ll happen without warning. I would love to take Brice to see part of his heritage.”

Coffee_Ninja

12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Aurora Cradmoon, various GRF crew, Chief Williams, Yavscout, Delicate Delinquent

Aurora was DEVASTATED!! All she had wanted to do was tell Josch about her day, that she had found a role with Vestor and Corporal Whatserface the Naval Guard, that she could do without freezing.

But...but...Men!

She sobbed into the chest of the Kings Army trooper stationed in the PX-4's cockpit, while she sat on his lap. She could not get comfortable against his diagonal leather belts.

Private Chiltern had his cap on the seat beside him, and with one arm wrapped round the young woman's shoulders, he held his comlink in the other hand, waiting for it to stop shaking.

He had been trapped in the fresher at the back of the vehicle while the splitting couple had their tiff in the central area, seated beside the sensor analysis suite. After the Erphrae had gone, Chiltern had started to emerge from the loo (fresher) when the distraught Silverra native had Force-lobbed her chair through the fresher door!

"Wha-what are you doing?" Cradmoon blubbed, sensing Chiltern's slight jerky movements as he tried to thumb a text message.

"Nothing, sweetie. You just relax and let it all out." Chiltern cooed, stroking Cradmoon's brown hair in an attempt to reassure her. He was not attracted to her in the slightest, her features just way too pale. She looked sickly.

Main Hangar

The SGIS' twi'lek looked aghast at the Naval Guard who, leaning agqainast the side of the Gamma-class assault shuttle, while helping to babysit the bound Imperials, checked her received text alert. "You are running a pool?!"

Loretta waved a red-sleeved arm distractedly, "Look around; this isn't a star destroyer. We are going to have to make our own entertainment."

"But betting on the misery of others?"

"It was the Mercs' own pool; they just let us in on the action."

Deck Eight cabins

On top, the Wookiee hangar tech sarcastically asked if Rachael was really checking her texts while he was trying to make an honest woman out of her.

"Is it in yet?" The younger Williams teased, chuckling as her boyfriend ruffed two words, the second of which was "you"!

Command Deck - ready room

Yav looked up at Palso as the other stood, clasping his hand together. "I'll be in the hanger bay Chief getting the Hunk of Junk ready. Get me that finalized checking list in."

The elf half-smiled at the remembered comedy clip of Jack Dee coping with one of his bond-mate's shopping lists. "Wet Ones? What the **** are Wet Ones?"

Palso checked his wrist chrono, "In one hour. With the Captain's approval, I'll be departing in that time frame...?

Chief Williams' comlink bleeped, drawing the elf's attention from their time-travelling "fixer".

The bearded engineer looked down at the communicator that almost disappeared into the man's huge calloused hands. "Ohh, he dumped her ***."

Yav sensed sympathy in the man's tone. He glanced from Palso to Williams. "Who dumped whose ***?"

"The twelve-year-old with the same ears as you."

The elf stroked his right lobe self-consciously, "What's wrong with my ears?"

"Nothing. I'm just saying. Anyway, he just dumped the Cradmoon girl."

"And that's, like, a news story around here?"

"She's back on the market! Besides, I won a hundred and forty-five credits over it."

The Surefall Paramedic rolled his eyes at Palso. "You'll leave when the Chief here gives you the list, and not before. Although..." A devious look crept into his eyes. "...if you are from the future, should you not already know what it says?"

"Probably forgot to write it down."

Tag: Palso, Any on the DD with comlinks. Especially if your character had a guess in the dumping pool

13. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    Mess Hall

“It’s been almost ten years since I last stepped foot on Alderann,” Fress said with a frown. “I hope to return one day,” she poured Kasumi another cup of tea as well as her own. “I have a feeling if I am meant to be with someone, then it’ll happen without warning. I would love to take Brice to see part of his heritage.”

"I would love to show you both the area that I grew up in. I would love to see my brother and mother again, and just to sit and listen to the sounds of the forests. What part of Alderaan did you grow up in?"

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

"I would love to show you both the area that I grew up in. I would love to see my brother and mother again, and just to sit and listen to the sounds of the forests. What part of Alderaan did you grow up in?"

Fress paused for a second and placed her cup down. Her childhood was a bit of a touchy subject with her. “My parents lived on the outskirts of Aldera, I don’t remember much about my time there. I was only six when everything was turned upside down. Mace saved my life that night and he talked the orphanage to allow me to go to Coruscant. I was old enough to make it known I didn’t want to stay there anymore. Maybe after we get Brice, we can make a trip back home. I've only gone back at the request of Bail and Breha and that's it.”

Coffee_Ninja

15. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    Mess Hall

“My parents lived on the outskirts of Aldera, I don’t remember much about my time there. I was only six when everything was turned upside down. Mace saved my life that night and he talked the orphanage to allow me to go to Coruscant. I was old enough to make it known I didn’t want to stay there anymore. Maybe after we get Brice, we can make a trip back home. I've only gone back at the request of Bail and Breha and that's it.”

Kasumi nodded sensing how touchy the subject was. She figured that Fress would tell her more later if and when she wanted to. "You were blessed to have Mater Windu as your guardian. If you ever want to learn more, let me know. I will walk that path into your history with you. But, my offer stands, that when we get out of this and if we are both on Alderaan at the same time, you and Brice must come see the forest I grew up by and meet my family."

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

"You were blessed to have Mater Windu as your guardian. If you ever want to learn more, let me know. I will walk that path into your history with you. But, my offer stands, that when we get out of this and if we are both on Alderaan at the same time, you and Brice must come see the forest I grew up by and meet my family."

Fress gave a short nod with a smile. “I’ll have to keep that in mind,” she could sense Kasumi wanting to help her. Maybe it was time to face this part of her past so she can finally move on. “It was an unknown Sith Lord. He barged into my parent’s home, forced them to take him to my room. My mom ran up ahead of them and told me to hide under the bed. He was after me that night and my parents were killed because of it. I’m positive Palpatine was behind it. Mace must’ve found out about the plot, I either went with the Sith Lord or die that night.”
    Coffee_Ninja

17. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    Mess Hall

“It was an unknown Sith Lord. He barged into my parent’s home, forced them to take him to my room. My mom ran up ahead of them and told me to hide under the bed. He was after me that night and my parents were killed because of it. I’m positive Palpatine was behind it. Mace must’ve found out about the plot, I either went with the Sith Lord or die that night.”

Kasumi nodded. Sith, while there was said to be so few and that they were only two, the council and order had been fooled before. It was something that the Sith were good at, and something they almost prized themselves on. Deceit and lies, and hurting those around them through that, They would stay hidden until they needed to get something, or wanted something. That brought Kasumi back to the Sith that Lasso was fighting. It was almost as if that Sith was someone that he knew. Kasumi watched as Lasso looked around almost lost. Who was the sith that had him so worked up? And why did the Sith show up now?

Kasumi had recently been having dreams herself of Sith, but not someone that was just anyone. It was a Sith that looked and acted like a long lost friend of hers, her fellow student Onyx. However, her mind battled with that as she knew Onyx was gone. She had fallen to her death. Kasumi shook her head a bit and focused back on Fress.

"Palpatine has his own agenda and always has. You parents were brave, and I'm sure are proud of the woman you have become. I know you always amaze me with what you have been able to do since Order 66, and even before that. The few missions we were on together, and yes, I do remember you from those. You may not have known that as I was busy with training and understanding everything my Master expected of me." Kasumi laughed at herself. "I still don't think I will ever stay a head of Master Yoda, even after all these years."

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

"Palpatine has his own agenda and always has. You parents were brave, and I'm sure are proud of the woman you have become. I know you always amaze me with what you have been able to do since Order 66, and even before that. The few missions we were on together, and yes, I do remember you from those. You may not have known that as I was busy with training and understanding everything my Master expected of me." Kasumi laughed at herself. "I still don't think I will ever stay a head of Master Yoda, even after all these years."

Fress smile and nodded, not too many knew who she was on the front lines. It seemed a few had doubts about her claims. She remembered what her mother told her. It was one of the last things that she ever said to her. And she was sure her dad would’ve said the same thing. “I don’t think anyone can be ahead of Master Yoda unless they lived as long as he has,” she grinned a bit then frowned. “Thanks I guess they would be proud of me. The last thing I remember my mom saying to me before the Sith Lord and dad came in. To remember that they loved me and would always be with me, she then told me to hide under the bed and not to argue. I witnessed the Sith plunging his saber right through my parents chest. I would give my right arm just to talk with them for a few minutes. I used all my pain into studying everything I could just to help prevent it from happening to some other kid, that and I had used the simulators to escape it. All of that studying and flight simulation prepared me to fight on the front lines leading others into battle. No matter the outcome.”

Coffee_Ninja

19. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Zieleb-Xan ‘Mac’ Macja
    Hanger, Delicate Delinquent

Music for post

It was done with, no turning back, but he at least wanted to explain himself better. So he walked over to where the Arrow of Light was birthed and sat down underneath her modified nose. He pulled out his datapad and started composing a final message to Aurora.

You know I'm not one to break promises, I don't want to hurt you but I need to breathe. At the end of it all, you're still one of my friends, but there's something inside that I need to release. Which way is right, which way is wrong, how do I say that I need to move on?

You've given me more than I can return, yet there's oh so much that you deserve. There's nothing to say, nothing to do. I've nothing to give, I must live without you. You know we're heading separate ways.

And it feels like I am just too close to love you, there's nothing I can really say. I can't lie no more, I can't hide no more, got to be true to myself. So I'll be on my way.
    [1]

As he sent off the message he leaned back and thought about everything that had happened to him lately. How he landed on Endor and lived the simple life. Woke up when he wanted to, hunted only when he needed to, trained when it was convenient for him, and spent most of his time just lounging around playing his pipes.

Man I miss Kasumi, I hope they rendezvous with us soon. The former Watchman of Endor and the only other non-Ewok that he encountered while he was there, was truly the first platonic female friend that he had in his life. Even though their feelings towards the Jedi Order differed, they still respected each other and knew where each stood in the other’s life.

Part of him considered pull out his pipes right there, but then he realized that it would require him to go rummaging through his stuff in the Dunelizard’s cargo hold. Instead his hands found their way to the one other comfort that past journeys had brought him – his flask.

Naboo, outskirts of Theed, 6 BBY

The woman simply introduced herself as Joidu Scout, an associate of Josch’s adopted father, Scath Foumi. After he gave her the once over, the first thing he noticed was the fact that it looked like she was wearing some type of armor underneath her brown cloak, a suspicion that was confirmed after he followed her to her ship, an Kom’rk-class transport with a gray and black paint scheme, docked three bays down from his own.

Inside the small vehicle, Josch sat on a curved bench that half encircled the round table tucked into it. Set in the center of the table was a small embedded holo-projector. The young Erphae waited for his hostess to return with the necessary data-disc that contained the message she had been asked to deliver.

When she returned, she had shed her brown robe revealing a chestplate of armor, painted in the same scheme as the shuttle. As she slipped in the data-disc Josch heard her whisper the words, ‘Neyer gain Joidu Scout,’ and with that a miniature image of Scath sprung up out of the center of the table. He froze the image just before it could share its information.

Looking up from the table, he found Joidu had further disrobed by removing her armor and sitting down in just a white tank top preparing to clean a sizable blaster rifle of hers. Finally curiosity got the better of him. “So you must be a Mandalorian. I somewhat figured out what you were saying, and the armor and transports are just screaming Mandalorian.”

Joidu just shook her head with a slight grin on her face. “Just shut-up and listen to what your father has to say.” She reached across the table and activated the record. She then walked out of sight. Josch looked down at the diminutive form of Scath and before the elder Erphae could begin talking the younger reached down and keyed in a sequence to enlarge the presenter.

He sat and listened to the message from Scath. It was good to see and hear his old mentor and father figure. Since the Purge he wondered whether or not his elder had survived. Scath explained that he had returned to his old post of protecting the Barony of Notrevlis and that he was back on Vernet. He shared the story of how Romju Cesran, the evil Duke of Doryloh, was driven from Maz-Verlin and that the rightful heir was back upon the throne.

Josch breathed a sigh of relief, hoping that now he would be able to return home to some normalcy. But then Scath continued on. “Josch, I know you probably want to return, but I must advise against it. I have felt a great darkness growing on the horizon. The currents of the Force are telling me that even the Queen and myself will be departing from here soon.

“Even though the Duke has been removed from power, some of his followers and those in his employ are at large. Until he has been completely vanquished all members of the royal court and their descendants are in grave danger. But do not become disheartened; instead think on the story of Princess and the Hunter. He had been given what seemed like insurmountable tasks but through patience and perseverance was able to overcome them and freed the princess from her enchanted slumber. Just remember ‘the strongest of all warriors are these two – time and patience, and as always, may the Force be with you.”

Joidu walked over to Josch as Scath’s image dissolved back into the projector. She was carrying two objects and handed them to him. The first was a datachip and the other was a silver flask. “What are these for?” Josch inquired as he looked them over.

“I was instructed to give those to you once Scath finished rambling on. He told me that those both belonged to your biological father. The flask is filled with his favorite drink, Erphaean spiced rum. The other contains coordinates and access codes for you to utilize at a later date. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go and rescue my boyfriend once again.” With that she held out her hand towards the exit and Josch took the hint to leave.

As he walked across the docking bay he opened the flask, brought it up to his nose, and took a prolonged sniff. The sweet scent of the subtle mixture of distilled sugargrass molasses and hete spice took him back to Vernet. At the time of the harvest, he would sit under a grass-tree on the edge of the grove just outside of the hete grain fields. The mingling of the freshly cut hete grain stalks being turned into spice with the freshly pressed sugargrass juice being boiled, both carried on the back of a brisk autumn breeze.

Josch sat down, inside of the docking bay, and watched Joidu make her final preparations to depart. The whine of the craft’s respulsorlift engines filled the open top enclosure. Josch brought the flask up to his lips and inclined his head as Satine’s Gra’tua took to the sky. The spiced, golden-brown liquid slid down the back of his throat and warmed his stomach as the ]Gra’tua blasted off out of sight.

“Hey you!” groused the newly arrived dock worker. “No loitering you bum! Clear out before I contact the Royal Security Guards!” Not looking to cause a scene or draw attention to his self, Josch quietly complied and ventured out into the foot traffic of the nearby street. He took out his data pad when he put the flask in one of the pockets of his flight suit. He then plugged the datachip into the pad’s access port and was greeted with a security warning.

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY!
    Biometric security analysis required to proceed.
    DO NOT VIEW IN PUBLIC!

“Hey you!”

“Curse you for breathin' ya slack-jawed idiot,” Josch said with a start. His eyes shot open and fell upon Jim Palso, who was kicking the sole of Josch’s boot. “Mother's love. Jim. You should know better than to wake a man when he's sleepin'. It’s bad luck.”[2]
    TAG: Bravo, Sith-I-5

OOG References:
    [1] Too Close by Alex Clare
    [2] Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)

20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Atin Taab
    Crusader airless rock

Taab took the data crystal wordlessly and nodded to Atin who motioned for the middleman to leave. There were no further details to work out in Taab's mind, they had a time and place for the meeting, the data crystal would answer any other questions he had. His son went forward to escort their guest off the ship while Taab inserted the crystal into a sanitized datapad. The pad had no connection to the ship or its systems and would be destroyed (along with the crystal) after Taab had retrived the information he needed. It's not that he didn't trust the middleman, but the middleman hadn't earned that trust just yet.

His son returned as Taab quickly memorized the information presented. It wasn't much, just reiterating the time and place of the meeting along with a map of its loacation within Port Pixelito. It had been a long time since Taab had been to Malastare, he didn't think he had been back since the war. That had been a horiffic battle, he and his vode (brothers/sisters) had been lucky enough to pull back before the final GAR victory there.

Atin came back into the lounge. "He's off, back to his ship." Taab just sat there, reminiscing about days gone by. "So...now what?" Taab took one of his lightsaber trophies and ignited it against the data crystal, incinerating it. "Now we set course for Malastare." They waited for the middleman and his ship to leave the airless rock before they headed for the Crusader's cockpit and charted their own course...

12 hours later, Malastare.

Taab approached the Tatooine's Pod Racer trying his best to keep the skeptical look off of his face. He wasn't wearing his beskar'gam nor his buy'ce for this meeting. The instructions given him implied that this was to be a more clandestine meeting, and walking in anywhere in full battle rattle always drew people's attention. So instead Taab had opted for simple trousers, a loose fitting long sleeved shirt and a bantha hide jacket.

[​IMG]

He felt somewhat naked without his "iron skin", but that wasn't to say he was completely defenseless. His Westar blaster hung low in a dropdown holster secured to his left leg. Attached to his belt was a particularly nasty looking blade and concealed by his jacket he wore a shoulder rig that held another blaster and other assorted "goodies" that any self respecting mercenary might need. Most aruetiise might say he was carrying to much weight, but after being used to wearing heavy beskar armor he actually felt considerably lighter than normal.

He entered the...establishment and garnered nary a glance. If anyone did see the blaster strapped to his thigh they would think he was a simple spacer, one of many light freighter pilots doing their best to get by. he glanced around for a moment as he stood in the doorway. He didn't see anyone that he thought would be his contact, but they were probably doing their best to remain faceless themselves. He made his way further inside.

The place was a dive, how it had survived this long Taab didn't know. It's walls were decorated with holo-images (and some direct pictoral ones) along with memorabilia of various Pod races on Tatooine. But that run down atmospehere made Taab more comfortable He could fit in here, while he knew he would have a hard time remaining invisible in one of Malastare's finer establishments.

Taab found the table listed on the data crystal. It was towards the rear of the restaurant and above it hung a tattered mural depicting the grinning, grimy face of a human child being lifted from his pod after a race. Taab wasn't sure who it was, and he doubted any human that age had ever competed in such a race, then again he had never followed the "sport". He took a seat at the table, it was positioned so that no one could sneak up behind him and he could see anyone coming in through the entrance. He was sure that this was by the design of whoever his new employers were. A service droid rolled over to him and took his order, a Corellian ale that he wouldn't drink until after his business was concluded. The droid rolled off while Taab settled in to wait.

While his father went to go meet their new contact Atin stood ready, behind the controls of the Crusader where the vessel sat in its assigned docking bay. He didn't want to be here, he would have far preferred to have gone along with his father and taken part in the meeting. "I don't trust these aruetiise, not yet At'ika. You're my backup in case something goes wrong." Atin had accepted that, even if he hadn't liked it. He didn't trust them either.

Ironically the issue of trust was the reason they had travelled here, at least according to buir. "You're good At'ika, and especially self suffcient. But you need to learn to place your life in another's hands To truly trust them." That had seemed to fly in the face of everything he had been taught thus far. When things got rough, the only one you could expect to get you out of them was yourself. Atin knew that wasn't the whole truth of course, that you could often times rely on your vode or buire to puill your feet from the fire. But there were times when they weren't there, and you had to be able to do it yourself. "If they earn it, if they are truly professional, you need to learn to trust your team," his father had said. "Even if they are aruetiise."

That had caused Atin to think back on the recent bank heist on Niro 11. He and his father had never trusted their "comrades' on that job. That mistrust had cost the others their lives. How was Atin to know who could be trusted and who he had to plan to kill? His father had given him an answer to that to. "That's why we are taking this job At'ika. So you can hopefully learn first hand the difference between thos aruetiise you can trust, and those you can't." Atin hadn't much liked that answer either. But he had little choice. So instead of argue, he settled in behind the controls of the Crusader to wait.

TAG: Intervention.

[​IMG]

21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lieutenant Baille Hart, Imperial dry dock prison level

"So this is how my last day is going to play out," Baille observed aloud, staring round the spartan grey holding cell where she had been brought since the military court had condemned her to death, based on the cover story at Commenor that the Ravens, her female-only squadron there, were closet Rebels, and had attacked the Imperial fighter patrols.

The room was largely empty, almost a perfect cube, with just a grey metal slab extending a metre from the wall to provide a bed.

She sat on it barefoot in a one-piece grey coverall, a white ceramic plate beside her right hip was coloured with the congealed remains of her last meal. There was no cutlery.

Baille gasped in shock and pulled her knees up to hug them as the only entrance snapped up into the ceiling, and literally half a person, the right side from the look of things, fell into the cell!

A figure cloaked and hooded in black, head to foot, sidled into the room, and swept its hood back to reveal the pale white features of an adult male twi'lek with piercing red eyes that went with the bundle of shiny red fabric clutched in one pale fist, while the other held an unfamiliar-looking metal cylinder.

"Lieutenant Baille Hart? V-Wing starfighter pilot?"

"Err. Yes?" She hazarded, wondering if this was some sort of trick by her Imperial captors.

"Hi there. Mitch Nifesta from SGIS, and I am here to rescue you. Would you believe the Rebel Alliance claimed you were not one of their operatives?"

"For the last time, I am not a rebel!" Hart countered angrily, "I am a loyal Imperial officer!"

She was pleased to see a look of surprise on the visitor's face, as if finally, someone believed her. Then she watched him lift the cylindrical hilt, straighten the forefinger, and twirl it at his temple.

"Oh. Apparently you are telling the truth." The alien looked surprised, and un-sure of himself.

"At last, someone believes me." Baille felt the tension reveal her body, her back striking the cool wall behind her as she sagged.

"Well, this is awkward." Nifesta backed away a couple of paces, back into the corridor, glancing above the doorway. "I must have gotten turned around; I thought this was the prison level."

"It is." It slowly began to dawn on the lieutenant that the door to her cell was open. Maybe she should try to escape.
    She put her feet back onto the cold floor, and started to ease slowly forward off the bench, then she spotted the blur of red just before it slammed into her chest, and unfolded softly over her lap.

"Put that on."

Baille frowned, lifted part of the bundle, and watched the silken red sleeveless dress unfold to the floor. She looked questioningly from it to the twi'lek, who now started to look shifty.

"It is sort of a policy of mine. I will only rescue you if you are wearing a dress." He gestured to a part of the hallway that she could not see right now, but she knew from when she had been brought in, that there was a circular control console down there, with several black-uniformed Imperial prison guards in boots, gloves and those oversized helmets. "And I have kind of killed everybody."

The V-Wing pilot sighed. An escape had more chance of success if she had someone helping her. "Alright, turn your back, please, and watch the corridor. And I am only changing because there are no wash facilities and I feel dirty in these."

"Yeah, sell it to yourself however you want, Kiddo, but once you get changed, you are no longer an Imperial." The twi'lek warned her. She could feel her rib-cage vibrate to the bass in this mysterious being's voice. Wierd.

She started to get changed, his words echoing in her mind. Staying an Imperial meant staying for the firing squad. Her superiors and peers at Commenor had forced her into this. Though maybe... She unbuttoned the top part of the coveralls, pulled her arms out of the sleeves, and stood up, pushing the smelly outfit down over her hips. ...maybe if she could contact Colonel Thaw. Or had he been in on the massacre of her squadron?

The prison garb was kicked along the floor, and Baille snatched up the dress, quickly righting it to find the quickest way to put it on.
    She glanced towards Nifesta. "So if I come with you, it means I join the Rebel Alliance?"

Her benefactor seemed to be a proper gentlebeing, studiously looking away from her, and down the corridor. "Are you crazy?"

She had to smile at the humourous exasperation in the other's query, her view going red as she pulled the outfit over her head.

"Not now you have admitted to being an Imperial. SGIS could use someone with your skills, and we do have an immediate job for you, if you are interested in saving lives. If you want to join the Alliance, though, you will do six months probation with us. C'mon, c'mon, c'mon."

Baille pulled the dress down till it fitted in all the right places, noting that the flared skirt hid her feet from view, and looked up at the twi'lek. "How do I look?"

"Oh, for feth's sake." The twi'lek stalked into the cell, grasped her wrist with a grip like iron, and tugged her after him to the eeriely silent guard station, littered with bits of guards littering the place in cauterised parts, the place smelling faintly of cooked meat. "Careful where you step."

One of the coloured controls was bleeping in a low volume.

Tiptoeing carefully among the recently dead, Baille tried to lean down to grab a fallen blaster, but Nifesta held her hand up to stop her reaching for it. She gave up and dutifully stepped to his side. Clearly he was running this show.
    She looked on as he called the turbolift. "So, Nifesta, right? Where we heading?"

"I thought we would try the hangar where my ship is parked. Unless you've got tickets for dinner and a show."

"Is the sarcasm really necessary?"

"Perhaps you would like it back in your cell, your highness."

Hart turned from him, muttering under her breath, "I guess that's a yes."

To be continued...

IC: Sounil Mistry, Corporal Loretta, Delicate Delinquent

Sounil, still keeping an eye on the Imperials on the floor, heard the bleep of Loretta's comlink, and glanced up as she answered it.

"Sergeant? No, we are still waiting for that clone guard to come back. Okay, got it. Loretta out." The Jod woman put her comlink away, and looked down at the Imp' flight crew. "Good news, we have somewhere to put you."

"Where?" Sounil enquired.

"Deck Nine."

"But that is only one floor above our cabins? Is that a good idea?"

"Well, nowhere is perfect, but Sergeant Vestor is having some techs hurriedly strengthen the walls and floor. Call your friend the guard; tell him we are taking one of the prisoners, and leaving the other two here for him."

"Are we sure that is a good idea? Leaving them unguarded?"

Hey you! The voice echoed from somewhere to the back of the hangar. Sounded like Jim Palso.

"Do you mean us?" Loretta called back. There were several large ships in the way, so the Naval Guard had no idea if the shouter had heard her.

Sounil activated her comlink. "Wolf from Sounil? Loretta says to tell you that we have somewhere to stow these4 prisoners, on Deck Nine. We are escorting one up there, and leaving these other two for you, so if you can make your way back to Main Hangar as soon as you can, that would be great." She hesitated, torn between keeping the comlink open for Wolf to respond, or helping Loretta to lift the first prisoner that she had chosen, off the floor.

Tag: Mac, Wolf

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Flying blind, Actualize Station

For not knowing where they were going the group was a somber one as they traveled the void of hyperspace with it's maddening black and blue swirl dancing outside their shuttle. It was not a long trip and when it was over it looked momentarily like salvation and then damnation of more permanent ending may yet have been awaiting them. Only their deceased leader of these hard heads had not sent them to their deaths, but to the next stop along their journey into places that do not exist. Havah partially figured this is what the station they had left would of been more similar to if inhabitated and so well buried in the Northern Expanses unkinder region.

Still without much to do himself he sat back and enjoyed the ride as he let visions of burbon dance in his head. Something which took his mind off of the gentle layer of sweat that his armor couldn't wick away off his jaw, and the subtle shake of his right hand that seemed to be trying to keep up with a jizz wailer on vibrational frequency shifts. Soon inside it was an austere and lack luster place full of Naval Guardsmen that greated their weary bones and a man that he felt very much like hitting. He hadn't gotten to hit anyone on the last mission, they all died before he got the chance.

After confirming the shift in squad dynamics the Intellegence man if Pics message was accurate came through with a straight question for him. "And the status of the AI?" The officer asked, turning to Havah Jeth, "It was your sister's creation, you must know by now."

His eyes tightened as he looked at the man and his hand gripped the staff at his back, with one fluid motion he brought it off and up to have the deactivated stun pad gently touching the mans chin. In part to get a reaction out of the others and see how they would all respond. "Secure. I believe you have more to say."

TAG: Bravo

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Wolf
    Delicate Delinquent

Wolf shook his head knowing this was not a ship meant to keep prisoners. So far the only place was a janitorial closet, cleared and used a Force field to keep them from escaping. His comlink went off. He turned it on as Sounil spoke.

"Wolf from Sounil? Loretta says to tell you that we have somewhere to stow these4 prisoners, on Deck Nine. We are escorting one up there, and leaving these other two for you, so if you can make your way back to Main Hangar as soon as you can, that would be great."

“I’m on my way back now. Don’t leave the prisoners alone. That would be just asking for trouble.”

Wolf quickly made his way back to the hangar bay and walked up to Sounil. "Let's get this over with, where did they decide?"

Sith-I-5

24. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    OOG: The previous installment of the Lord Vader storyline can be found on Bravo, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

I understand that I have not completed the novel Death Star or read the Rise of Lord Vader or any other Star Wars novels in relation to Vader's time directly before the events in the movie Star Wars: A New Hope. With that said, I am sorry for any misguided or not correct information regarding Lord Vader's activities as authorized by LucasFilms and or LucasBooks. Its one of these things that, to take the storyline where it needs to go, I need to take the 6 concrete movies and hope that, somewhere in the fast-paced novels and video games that involve our beloved PT and OT Star Wars characters, that our story in Intervention fits somewhere in there with the use of those PT and OT characters.

With that said, enjoy...

IC: Lead Scientist Van Halfin the Third
    Project Zero Construction Site, Imperial Research Center, location classified

The man that dropped from the capsule, collapsing to his knees and gasping for air that his ravaged lungs could not grasp onto, wore the bottom half of what would of been Darth Vader's survival suit. The top half of the man's body was exposed, showing a mechanical right arm. However, two things had changed. While the man's face was still of a ghost-like, pale appearance....

[​IMG]

...and his torso body would have resembled as much of the scar tissue over his skin in the same facial pale appearance from the burns that had ravaged his body 22 years ago.

But it didn't.

While his face resembled that of a broken, pale face confined to a sealed helmet for the remainder of his life, his torso's skin showed more life it to then before. The paleness was still there, to an extent, but was of much less character. Most of the ravaged scar tissue was reversed as well, showing a body far less broken and more alive. While the skin seemed to have straightened and reserved in some areas, in others it seemed that the old burnt skin still clung onto.

While the main torso body was a success by any doctor's standard who ever got the chance to look at Vader's destroyed body before under the armored survival suit, the regeneration of a pale left arm, was the biggest success. While the arm resembled more of the pale arm in resemblance to his torso, the movement back and forth of the fingers told Halfin that it had been a success nonetheless. The nerve pathways had been repaired and rebuild, the bone structure rebuild, and skin overlapping the arm.

Halfin rushed to put a medical mask on Vader's scared face that resembled the actions of his breathe mask in his helmet, bringing the Dark Lord's gasping for air to a slowing halt.

Vader sat up, looking at his body and moving and flexing his left arm.

"It worked..." Vader said in a voice not restricted by his breathe filter on his helmet, sounding once again like Anakin Skywalker, "How long?"

"Twenty minutes," Halfin said, adding, "You were screaming the whole time in horrific pain. My medical scans show that we only touched the top ten percent of repairing the damage to your skin and your arm is less fifteen percent. In our time frame, we didn't touch any of the more serious medical issues involving your lungs and the functional aspect of your body overall. We focused the Red Rock treatment on your torso area."

"And if we gave it more time?"

"If this is a sign, if given more time in time blocks, then foreseeable with the limited information we have on the healing properties of the Red Rock, it would go to figure that we could heal your whole body. For how long that treatment would stay intact or if it would even work to touch the more destroyed internal parts of your body's function is yet to be seen. But, considering the amount of pain you were in, if we go for more then twenty minutes at a time, it could kill you Lord Vader."

"And...?" Vader looked towards the covered capsules in the corner with longing, pleading eyes.

When Vader's attention came back to him after a long moment focused on the covered capsules, Halfin said, "If the Red Rock treatment is successful on you, then it is a possibility with the DNA you provided. But, my research isn't that far along yet. I need more time and more resources. This cloak and dagger work right under the Emperor's nose is restricting my research."

"Then you leave tonight, Van Halfin the Third. Gather your stuff and leave."

"How quickly?"

"Now," Vader said, gathering to put his armored suit back on to his torso and his helmet back on, "A unit of Stormtroopers will be alerted to your activities to betray the Emperor. Moments before they arrive, your lab will blow apart, killing you in the process."

Halfin nodded as Vader reached the exterior doors and the scientist reached for a hidden button, depressed it, and went down with the floor as it descended into a hidden cargo ship below.

For Vader's part, he used the Force to call a blaster pistol to him from Halfin's research table secured it in his belt and, as the cargo hold disappeared under a closing false floor covering the science lab, Vader departed the secured lab. As he reappeared on the other side, he leveled a ignited lightsaber at the Naval Troopers, "Troopers, the guards are traitors!"

The stormtroopers acted without hesitation and mowed down the 4 Imperial Navy Troopers, Vader's lightsaber cutting into the Beast hybrid within moments of the blaster fire.

Vader looked to the stormtroopers, "He escaped through a hidden door in the lab! Go after him!"

"Yes Lord Vader!" Replied both stormtroopers who blindly followed orders; as they went through the first heavy blast doors, Vader followed them. Once all three were inside the lab, Vader leveled the blaster pistol from his belt towards the stormtroopers and fired randomly and in a spray towards them, as if a enemy was fleeing and spraying blaster bolts at them. As both stormtroopers fell, Vader used the Force to float the pistol a safe distance from him in the air and crush it with the Force, causing it to blow up, leaving no evidence behind and making it look like Vader tried to capture the traitorous scientist, but only destroyed his gun as he fled.

Vader soon left the room as alarms started to echo within the room, signaling the self-destruct code had been activated by Halfin. He strode down the empty corridors, that were secured up ahead by a security station on the other side of heavy blast doors and which featured no holo cameras in the corridor. Departing to the other side of the heavy blast doors, Vader looked at the security station who clearly couldn't hear the blaster fire by their less then attentive body language.

"Alert my Star Destroyer! Lead Scientist Van Halfin the Third has betrayed the Emperor and is trying to escape!"

"Yes Lord Vader!" Yelped the ranking NCO.

Some time later...

The events at Project Zero involving Lead Scientist Van Halfin the Third featured a detachment of Vader's loyal stormtroopers entering the lab to pursue the scientist, only for the lab to blow up and take the whole corridor with it. A cargo ship was spotted by Vader's Star Destroyer and after a brief exchange of words between Halfin, who refused to slow down to be captured peacefully by the Star Destroyer, Vader ordered a squadron of TIE Fighters to eliminate the cargo vessel, which registered one life sign, before it could jump to hyperspace.

While everything looked official on record and Halfin was dead, Vader knew the truth. Halfin was alive and half way across the galaxy by now.

As the stars elongated and the Devastator jumped into hyperspace, Vader reflected on the news the Emperor had told him in regards to the dissolution of the Imperial Senate and would relay to Tarkin aboard the Death Star. In fact, the Death Star had just become operational...

Events later...

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  25. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    IC: Dmitriy Bekhterev
    Tatooine's Pod Racer, Malastare

Dmitriy watched his "assignment" enter; he doubled checked the hard photo he had, slipping it from his coat arm for a second, then shoving it back into his coat arm, the Snivvian he was engaged in a conversation with didn't even see it as he talked about his freighter and how it was the fastest in the galaxy, while stuffing his face with food.

Dmitriy took a causal glance towards his assignment, before returning to his conversation with the Snivvian. His assignment, knwon as Taab, tried to look causal, but anyone worth their salt in Dmitriy's line of work, knew that the mercenary was packing some serious heat. While the Bantha jacket did good to mask Taab's armament, Dmitriy guessed at least another blaster pistol under the jacket---to support the one strapped to his thigh to sell the outfit---and probably some other weapons of the trade, although Dmitriy couldn't guess what...until he got a closer look.

Ending the conversation with the Snivvian, Dmitriy left his tab's worth on the table, finishing off his drink from the bar, and stood up, his lether jacket parting ways down the middle for a moment and showing black double-holstered DE-10 blaster pistols across either side of his rib cage over a white short sleeve shirt; worn looking tan cargo pants, black pilot boots, and a brown blaster belt around his waist with a long, loose for easy draw, brown holster along his right thigh carrying a DH-17 blaster pistol; a combat knife was along his left thigh. Across his chest from right shoulder to left lower waist was a ammo belt holding one stun grenade and two frag grenades. Ammo pouches and a dented and scratched brown hand-held comlink dotted his blaster belt around his waist, while a set of pilot goggles sat on top of his messy spiked black hair. His face showed a slight shadow of not shaving in a few days, and his 5'10 body frame supported a athletic look. His green eyes were hard, his facial skin slightly dirty from the outside elements, and his hands looked rough and tumble, with a pair of brown leather fingerless gloves over them. His brown leather jacket showed wear and had four pockets, 2 along each side, on the front, including the side pockets for the hands. He looked to be in his late twenties or early thirties.

Grabbing a toothpick from the bar, he put it in his mouth and made a trek towards the restrooms, which he would have to pass Taab to get to. He waited for a group of 3 spacers, talking up a lively conversation, to pass at the same time that he did, hiding his form from public view, before taking a seat at the table across from Taab and under the tattered picture of a boy being pulled from a Pod Racer.

"Beskaryc Taab?" There seemed to be a moment of no response, which Dmitriy assumed would happen; any number of people could know his name, given a bounty on his head for a possibility. So, Dmitriy would have to "provide" proof, "First record, 37 years ago, Banking Clans. An official, payroll job. Honest, for the Banking Clans that is. Leaves the Banking Clans 5 years later for your first freelance mercenary and bounty hunter gig. Things are a bit fuzzy until about 22 years ago, when you suddenly show up training Clone Troopers on Kamino as a Drill Sergeant. Pretty intense skills for a gig like that, not to mention the right contacts. But, those missing contacts and friendships made from before your Drill Sergeant time can stay missing for now," Dmitriy smiled, then went on.

"Took jobs on both sides of the Clone Wars, then reappeared, although it was kept under wraps pretty good and we had to do some digging for your name, for Raith Sienar as private security. We would love to ask you some questions about your year with Raith Sienar. From there, appeared in the Garosian Civil War, SouthCont Civil War on Ranklinge, works with the Hutts 4 years ago, appears in Naboo a year later...."

Dmitriy stopped, "I could go on. But we both get the point. My employer knows you and well. But the question now becomes, are you that person? A photo does good, but so can a holo imagine or some injections to alter the facial structure. So which is it? The wrong answer and you're going to have a really bad day."

Dmitriy had the bio scanner hidden in his jacket and so far, the life signs for "Beskaryc Taab" were in the green for the medical records they had on file...if the scanners noticed anything change, a triple rapid beep would issue and this conversation would end rather deadly. So far, so good. But verbal confirmation, for a voice-check, was always a plus.

TAG Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.