main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Jim Palso
    Hanger, Delicate Delinquent

When the comm channel was dropped, Palso looked at Yav, Williams, and Xan, "Well, that was fun. The Open Sea? You have to be kidding me! That place is a death sentence for many a good spacer and let me tell you," Jim was rather agitated by the destination, "You better hope the DD has a full tank of fuel. No wonder no one has ever discovered the Kingdom of Jod, no one and I mean no one in their right mind would venture into the Open Sea just because they wanted to," Palso calmed down, "Sorry. There's just some places in this galaxy no one should go and the Open Sea is one of them. You'll probably be able to find half the supplies we need for the DD---hull plating, weapons, equipment, ect.---if we come across a few wrecks out there. Assuming, a course, you don't mind pushing aside a corpse or two in those lost ships."

TAG Sith-I-5 and CPL_Macja

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sounil Mistry, Sergeant Vestor, Loretta, Delicate Delinquent

Sounil and Loretta marched their two Imperials up to the deck Sergeant Vestor had commed them about, having one hand on the other's shackled arms.

After Wolf's intervention downstairs, it had been decided to move them as soon as possible, and get them secure as soon as possible.

Walking along the corridor, they could see Vestor and four of his fellow Kings Army soldiers coming along.

Vestor gestured to the troops. "These guys will take it from here. Leading Crewman," He looked at Loretta, "Bridge called. We have a potential mission. Any idea where Cradmoon is?"

"TIE hangar, last I heard, but no idea if she is still there."

"Go. I'll take over here." Sounil handed her prisoner across to a soldier, and took Loretta's, the naval guard nodding her thanks.

"Let's go." Vestor headed for the turbolifts, bringing his comlink up to contact his other crewperson. "Cradmoon? Vestor. Get back to the shuttle, we may have an operation; and if you are going to be sobbing, bring plenty of tissues"

"You haven't heard, have you?" Loretta realised aloud, regarding the Kings Army non-com's brusque attitude to the recently dumped Merc.

"Heard what?"

Sounil glanced at Wolf, "Ready to finish getting these Imps stowed?"

Tag: Wolf

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: The hanger dialog is adopted from, I believe, X-Wing: Rogue Squadron, where new factory X-Wings are discussed.

IC: Jason Lasso
    Hanger Bay, Actualize Station, Northern Stretch (Kingdom of Jod)

"Okay," Lasso said through his ear-piece and mouth comlink, never imagining himself the mechanic type, "How is that?" Jason stood in a short ladder under the forward cockpit of the Sentinel-class Landing Craft.

Ler was in the cockpit and said through the comlink, "Better. Looks like the glitch in the start-up sequence is gone now. This baby must be factory fresh."

"Factory fresh?" Jason asked.

If Ler could smile, he would, at Jason's lack of mechanic knowledge, "When these things come off the factory line---anything for that matter---their usually full of a few glitches and odds and ends here and there. I guess the Imperial mechanics who received this must of had to rush it into service and didn't do a full check. It just comes with the job, I guess. Us mechanics have to spend half a day running any type of factory fresh product through a series of tests and look-throughs to catch anything that the factory line didn't add, add that wasn't suppose to be there, or give us a blank master-board."

"Blank master-board?" Lasso asked.

"Oh yea," Ler replied, "Happens all the time. These factories pump out thousands of these things a day. There's bound to be one organic who's hung over from a party night or one droid that has missed one too many memory wipes and is having a bad day. I got a BTL-B Y-wing in one time back during my days of Republic hanger duty that was so blank on the computer system, you could write the program yourself and have the starfighter doing dances by the end of the night. The factory forgot the whole process, even down to the security codes, that were supposed to come basic even before any programming could be done."

"So what did you do?" Jason asked.

"We had fun with the Y-Wing. Never reported it and had the Y-Wing's system computer thinking it was an interceptor. I felt sorry that R2 unit that got paired with the fighter and it's crew."

"Would have never thought," Lasso said, "All serious and protocol over here being a prankster."

"There's a reason I've avoided memory wipes for the last twenty-three years," Ler put in.

Jason was getting down the ladder as Ler was coming down the open ramp from the shuttle's interior, "Well?" Lasso asked, wiping his grease covered hands with a red shop rag, "Is that it?"

"Yep," Ler said, "All the Imperial tracking devices have been disabled, as well as any Imperial black boxes, and even the pirates' own tracking device. She's as non-Imperial and non-pirate as you can get."

"I hate the color," Jason said, stepping back.

"Thoughts?"

"I'm thinking a gray hull with yellow slashes."

"Like the Johnny Boy, okay. Symbols?"

"No," Jason said, "Like with the Johnny Boy, I don't want us broadcasting who we are. We'll be sleep to the slaughter if we do for our enemies."

"Your the boss," Ler said, adding as he looked over to the Flash Speeder, Bantha-II cargo skiff, and Robo-Hack, "And those?"

"Keep them the colors they are. The Flash Speeder is clear, replacing the Gian and Flash we have. We need a quick, mobile attack platform and something to fly into more civilized parts of cities without the weapons. The Bantha-II cargo skiff, we need a craft to get in to more of the more back-water places and get fresh supplies. And the Robo-Hack, we need it to go undercover in a few of these big cities. No one, especially the Imperials, would think of a Robo-Hack being a undercover transport and command base when we need to be quiet about things."

"I can't argue with your logic. But can I suggest we add some armor and maybe even weapons to the Bantha-II cargo skiff?"

"Be my guest," Lasso said.

Tag Any (waiting on Mitth for combo post; DRL has him tied up at the moment)

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Atin Taab
    Crusader

Atin had piloted the ship to the RV point while Taab went back to the armory and "armored up". He entered the cockpit, slipping his bucket over his head as the "Light class destroyer" came out of hyperspace and manuvered towards them. "Never seen anything like that one before buir, who are they?" Atin let slip as Taab craned his neck to get a better view through the Crusader's cockpit. Atin was still upset by what he had learned about his father during the meeting down on Malastare, but he knew this wasn't the time to bring it up.

"Just make sure to not record any of this or anything else we see on this op." Atin looked at him surprised, it was SOP to record everything. "Getting paid extra to keep everything quiet on this one. These folks want to keep their secrets, fine by me. So long as we get paid." Atin noticed that his buir had not answered his question. It bothered him even more that maybe he didn't know. The destroyer came alongside them and grabbed the Crusader in a tractor beam. "Let them have it At'ika, all a part of the plan." Atin didn't like not being at least somewhat in control of the situation, but he followed his Buir's order. To be fair Taab didn't much like it either, the secrecy, the simply being dragged aboard. But he wasn't paid to like things, he was paid to follow the orders of his employer.

The Crusader settled down in the larger vessel's hanger bay. Taab made sure that all sensor systeme both in the ship and on the Mandalorian pair's beskar'gam were set to not record anything. Satisfied that all was in accordance with the "Kingdom's" wishes (if that's who they really were) he and Atin lowered the boarding ramp and disembarked.

What they met there surprised them both. An honor guard? For them? Taab had never been much more than a sergeant back in his days training clones. Since then he had never held any rank above that of an NCO on any job. Atin had never held any formal rank in any organized force. Taab supposed he was the captain of his own ship, but still wasn't sure he warranted such a reception. Besides he had never been one for Drill and Ceremony. Looking out at the troops arrayed before him he suspected they too were closer to combat troops then REMF's.

He began to approach the group of officers, the Captain was easy to pick out. "Follow my lead," he commed Atin over the secure link on their respective buy'ce. A quick pair of static bursts from Atin let him know he had heard and understood. Taab stopped a few feet in front of the starship's captain, Atin slightly behind and just offset to Taab.s left. Taab examinded the man through his T-Visor for a moment before coming to attention and snapping off a quick salute, his son followed suit. "Beskaryc and Atin Taab, permission to come aboard captain?"

TAG: Intervention.

[​IMG]

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Actualize Station, Prison Cell

Waking up from a stun blast is always an interesting experience. The fact that it could be fatale in a certain percentage of any species where it is powerful enough to render them unconscious was the reason why even in the Empire it sometimes was felt easier to simply shoot the legs out from under the intended hostage. Although generally the Empire had little use for ever letting someone go, still the point stood as many might remember from the Clone Wars before the Empire that a similar method was used, or even further back by the Jedi there were tales of loping off offending limbs to take a live suspect. Horrid practice but their order had been uniquely suited to such a method. Still the galaxy was either a better or worse place without depending on which Arkaniaan one talked to. Personally he felt blasters were for killing or wounding, and other methods such as his spray stick were for live captures, hence the Westar's.

Working spit up in his dry mouth he contended himself to lie there as the tingling continued to race through his body. The sensation of his entire body being stabbed through with random jabs of needles, and a hot iron poker at a spot on his back confirmed this is what had happened to him. His armor had probably absorbed some of it, but he fully intended to speak with Winterkill the next time he saw the Nagai, something in his mind had a note of a potential counter to such effects but he couldn't place it. Whatever it was he entended to add it as an underlayer to his armor. . .which he was no longer wearing.

Flexing his hands he noted the fact that they were now bare, his body had a simple and loose one or two piece stocking covering it. Not what he had originally been wearing. Patting himself down he felt for anything and found nothing but cloth. Staying still was his best option. Although once the pain of needles wore off and he felt that he could sit up without aggravating anything he did and opened his eyes to take in his 'room', well actually it was a cell. And for all their lurking on Arkania they had not toured the prison facilities, as this one employed a rudimenterry sealed door, a hard metal plank to sleep on, and 'fresher permanently available. At least the Empire even allowed the hiding of such amenaties into a more pleasent and sterile space, this was just thrifty to an extreme. Not to mention without a pillow how was he supposed to remove himself from the equation? Obviously he had underestimated the intellegence of torture capacity by the evidence of lack of means to easily kill himself and alcohol of any kind. Sad really, no one took him up on buying him a drink.

Still the man had to be an idiot and a moron of new proportions to allow him to leave and not kill him once away from station cams. Everyplace had it's blind spots, why the man hadn't used one to kill him while unconscious he did not know.Although he would not return the favor. Still even here he needed to do something and without his databases, images, or droid for company he decided shredding his sleeves and pant legs into a strips of cloth without removing them from his prison garb with his claws would be a good way to pass the time, also marking a few strips seretipciously for easier removal would make for easy access to garotes of a crudist form.

TAG: Bravo/Intervention when you want ;)

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: SGIS Agent Mitch Nifesta, Lieutenant Baille Hart, Yavscout, Chief Williams, Wing-Cmdr Rectory Grove, hangar, Imperial Facility; Delicate Delinquent
    Location: Christophsis orbit, and Berroll's Donn star system, respectively

Mitch knew he was being cheeky going through the plan while standing with the ex-Imperial woman at the back of her V-Wing, whilst stormtroopers fanned out several dozen metres behind the starfighter, and opened fire on them.
    But they were in little danger of being hit, he reasoned, seeing as the small craft’s rear shields were up. It ought to be able to handle small arms fire, for drokks’ sake.

Baille squatted down, almost under her black-hulled craft, while Mitch opened a panel on the side of it, revealing several packed white flimsy boxes.

Medical supplies.” He explained down to her. “There is a planet under Imperial blockade, in the Tierfon system, and your precious Empire has already poisoned the crops and water supplies, and now not letting anyone get in to help. Our job is to break that blockade.

And you have to tell me this now?!” Baille yelled from the level of his knees.

KAPOW!!

A green blaster bolt actually struck the hull in front of his face! He had heard that starfighter shields were a bit porous, but this was ridiculous!

Alright, time to leave.” The tall twilek conceded gallantly, slapping the cargo compartment shut, and latching it, “Get in, I’ll cover for you.
    He pushed back the hood so he could see better, parted his black robes down the front, and pulled out the E-11 blaster carbine he had appropriated on the prison level.

I am wearing a dress!” She reminded.

And perfectly lovely you look too.” Mitch fired off a couple of shots that had the emboldened Imps diving for cover, then freed a hand to pat her on the head.

If I have to eject, I won’t survive in this.

Don’t eject. Or if its going to be a problem, you can come with me aboard the ‘Unlucky,” he nodded towards the burgundy-coloured Republic Cruiser that sat to the V-Wing’s right, and dwarfed it. “That would mean leaving your V-Wing behind, and the mission does sort of hinge on you having your own starfighter.

Get in. Request harbour control open the doors while I board my ship.

Baille almost corrected him that he meant for her to get them to open the doors that would evacuate all the air, after he got to his ship, not while he was on the way to it, but considered, Harbour Control were more likely to tell them to go drokk themselves, than grant the request.

A lot of the E-11 bolts were being blocked by the shield, but another whistled past the twi’lek, who, she felt, could be taking this a tad more seriously.

She clambered up onto the flattened hull, and slithered butt first into the open cockpit, affording the letch a good look at her legs when he could perhaps be looking elsewhere.

Can you fly in bare feet?” Nifesta enquired worriedly.

Do I have a choice?

Mitch did not regard himself as a total monster, but there were actions that even he categorised as ‘bastard moves’, such as the one that occurred to him now.

Leaving the rifle laying across the horizontal s-foil, Mitch chose a victim, ducked under the craft, drew and ignited his lightsabre and Force spun it down the hangar at ankle height towards one of the stormtroopers, looked away because this was not going to be a Kodak Moment, and waited for the screams.

A couple moments later, during which there seemed to be a lull in the blaster fire, he tapped on Baille’s canopy for her to open it, and passed the white booties through while enquiring after the response from Harbour Control.

They said we had to be joking.” She looked down suspiciously at the footwear in her lap. “Uh, where did you get these?

I spent my Summer Holidays working for a Cobblers, and he paid me in shoes.

They’re still warm. And…” She sniffed at them, wrinkling her nose.

Was it worth it?” The agent dead-panned, over the sound of a blaring horn, and an ominous click from the heavy blast doors ahead of them. “Uh-oh.

Mitch leaned into the cockpit with her, his gaze darting around, then he reached past her knees and hit the canopy controls to bring it humming down over her head.

Baille heard a tiny bang next to her, which was the sound of air rushing into the spot where he had been standing, and felt herself pulled by the air current in that direction, almost striking her right elbow on the side of the cockpit, just before the canopy hermetically sealed her safely in.

Where the blazes did he go?

Ahead of her, the blast doors were starting to open, while the view beyond looked a lot more metal, and solid, than free space should, and she realised she was staring at the hull of a large vessel effectively blocking their escape, whilst letting the atmosphere escape.

Okay, that wasn’t there when I arrived.” The twi’lek’s voice observed wryly over her commo-board.

Where did you go?” Hart demanded, flicking toggles and switches as she ran through her pre-flight procedure. A quick glance out the cockpit had shown her that the droid pit was empty.
    She had lost her spherical R4 droid, Houdinikabollokoff, and she didn’t think the Cobbler was willing to entertain a secondary rescue mission.

Back on my ship. You are going to need to do some fancy flying once I move them out of our way,” her commo-board advised. “whoever they are.

She directed her sensors straight out the doors, and ran a telesponder check. “She reads as the Imperial Justice. Imperial-class Star Destroyer, seconded to ISB.” She sounded familiar though. “ I heard from the guards that she had arrived in-system for repairs.

A new voice came over her comlink board. “This is Captain Aron Pauletti of the Star Destroyer, Imperial Justice. You are ordered to deactivate your engines, and surrender to Imperial custody.

Arrest this.

Twin brightly coloured starbursts fired from the Darth Unlucky’s front, parallel trailing out the hangar, and blossomed into fire, first against the ISD's invisible deflector shield, then against the hull itself as the shield buckled, the huge behemoth ponderously steering away to create a larger opening

Baille activated her repulsors, and pushed on the sublight levers, catapulting the compact craft out of the hangar, then nosing up on a positive-z axis to clear both the facility exterior and the star destroyer’s port side, up past a command tower that had seen better days, and out into free space, away from the bright aqua and gunmetal-coloured orb that was Christophsis, and towards free space.

Okay, she could aim her craft for the next nearest star, and jump to lightspeed, but it had not escaped her how quickly the Empire had caught up with her the last time.

Maybe her best chance was to ally herself with a group, such as whoever this mad twi’lek represented.

Darth Unlucky from-” She started to broadcast.

On your tail, Kid. So no sudden stops, please.

Roger that. Okay, setting course for mission destination.

The twilek had been talking about a blockaded planet while she had been ducking under her craft. Tierfon.

She called that up on her navicomp, quickly discovering that it was a star system in the Expansion Region’s Sumitra sector.

Hi. Do you go faster with your s-foils deployed?

Whoops.” She hit that button, and felt the grinding through the seat as the foils opened up and down, the fighter feeling more stable as well.

Imperial Justice bridge

Pauletti skidded on all fours to the nearest ceiling support, and hauled himself upright, yelling to the crewers, “Damage reports!”

“Captain, we are holed on three portside decks, and we have lost shields on that side.”

“Can we repel another attack?”

“No need. The Republic cruiser, and the starfighter have just jumped to lightspeed. The larger vessel was leaking atmosphere, so it must have collided with something during the escape.”

“Sensors, give me everything you have on that ship. Helm, direct us to the nearest free drydock. I think we deserve a rest.”

“As ordered.”

Delicate Delinquent

Yavscout listened closely to Palso’s reaction. He had never seen him like this.

"Well, that was fun. The Open Sea? You have to be kidding me! That place is a death sentence for many a good spacer and let me tell you," Jim was rather agitated by the destination, "You better hope the DD has a full tank of fuel. No wonder no one has ever discovered the Kingdom of Jod, no one and I mean no one in their right mind would venture into the Open Sea just because they wanted to,"

"I'm pretty antsy at the idea of taking the DD through a wormhole as it is." Yav reminded. "You're not making it sound any better."

Palso calmed down, "Sorry. There's just some places in this galaxy no one should go and the Open Sea is one of them. You'll probably be able to find half the supplies we need for the DD---hull plating, weapons, equipment, ect.---if we come across a few wrecks out there. Assuming, a course, you don't mind pushing aside a corpse or two in those lost ships."

The SGIS agent was beginning to regret not seeing the Prophesy scrolls when the King had offered them. Kasumi had hogged them first, and things had gotten too hectic for him to follow up, but given how vague this Prophesy had been up to now, this whole Open Sea escapade had probably been covered by the words, "Bring Sandwiches."

"We need a red rock drive." Williams put in. "Sounds a lot less hassle than using our own tech to get to the Kingdom of Jod." He looked across to the Wing Commander, being the only Jod in the ready room. "The first of your people that popped into our galaxy through that wormhole must have been determined. Several light years of sweet frag all in every direction, apart from the odd derelict, and most species would have said, frag this for a game of soldiers, and gone back home."

The Selkath sounded like he was smiling, but there was no mouth, as the Mercs would understand it, for them to tell. "Don't forget the Kingdom of Jod used to be the guardians of your Expansion Region. So we already knew there was life beyond the Open Sea."

Yav idly placed the pad of his right forefinger on the data chip Palso had presented them with earlier, and pushed it slowly across the desk. Then he held it up between thumb and forefinger.
    "Captain Palso. This is supposed to involve a wormhole too, 'cept you never mentioned anything about a Sea; Open, Closed, or Reserved for a Party. Is this one a different wormhole?"

Tag: Palso

7. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    IC: Commodore Jacques Petain
    Bridge, Alacrity, Malastare

"Permission granted," Jacques replied.

Some time later...

Jacques loved the Light-class Destroyer. It had, baring a few weapon emplacement vacancies along the middle part of the vessel to better cover their zones of firing arcs, had everything Jacques could ask. Except for one thing: a conference room. For a ship designed for long-range operations, whoever designed her, must had spaced the idea of putting a private conference room on board; they must have figured that the Captain's Ready Room (which was supposed to be a private study) could fill that purpose. Jacques sighed at the fact that Ensign Bellow spilled coffee a second time in one week on his nice, clean carpet. Thank the Force for cleaning droids or Bellow was going to be cleaning his carpet with his nose. I mean, seriously, which young officer spills coffee on their commander's carpet and twice in one week at that?!

On the topic of conference rooms, Jacques and his crew had been in the "Outer Galaxy" for months now, devoted of contact except through Royal Command. Jacques wondered, when they returned back to the Kingdom of Jod, if Lieutenant Barkley's consistent talking about a rumored King II-class Battleship was real or not. If so, Jacques hoped it wasn't just a upgrade with engines and sensors from the piece of crap that was the King I-class Battleship. If it was, he was going to shoot someone in the JMF's higher command ranks...if it wasn't, the first thing he wanted to do was check out their conference rooms. Being on the Alacrity for so many years had made Jacques all but dream about conference rooms and their luxury to young officers like Ensign Bellow who liked to spill coffee around their commanding officers.

Shaking the thoughts away, Jacques returned to his discussion at hand with the two mercenaries, who seemed quite content in Jacques two chairs---he hoped they had washed their armor's bottom and back areas, because a dirt stain would be hard to come out...the third time in a week that a cleaning droid had to come clean his Ready Room because of dirty uniformed crew members sitting in his chairs. Once again, another reason to hope that the King II rumors were true...all because he wanted a conference room.

Jacques sat across from them, leaning back in his chair, with a leg half folded on the knee of the other which was straight to the ground. For all the attention to detail Jacques was, he was more then a little causal when in his Ready Room, "...your job is simple," Jacques had been saying after making small talk earlier with the two, "The Kingdom of Jod has a small mercenary outfit working for us," Jacques turned his small laptop computer screen around so the mercenaries could see imagines flash by of the the Mercs including their ship and crew, "called The Mercs. Their ship is the Johnny Boy, a heavily modified Marauder-class Corvette. My latest update from Royal Command puts them and their ship in the Kingdom of Jod, near one of our military space stations. The mercenary group was under the command of a Captain Rick Taller, but per my update, that has changed in the last twenty-four hours to a now Captain Jason Lasso, one of Taller's flight leads and young hired mercenaries. With this change also comes changes to Royal Command's original plan, which was to install you two as part of a Jod security detachment. The new Captain, Lasso, wants nothing to do with Jod or Taller's earlier agreements with our government. Considering the lengthy and detailed investment of reinforcements the Mercs provided to our late King Alex "The Just" and the Jod Military Forces in recent combat engagements, we made an agreement with the young new Captain Lasso.

"The Johnny Boy is under a serious overhaul by Jod techs; with the new changes, and this is where Royal Command's original plan with you two will change, Lasso has sought out to restock the Mercs' ranks, seeking non-Jod aligned crew members. This, the House of Royal Intelligence has determined, is extremely unwise, considering our investment in the Mercs to bring around a particular prophecy that some of the more religious types in my government keep talking about----I personally think their crazy, but I just follow my orders. So, we will be dropping you two off at our space station as prisoners of war during a recent engagement with a pirate nest that Lasso was personally involved in; he'll think nothing of it beyond just that. We'll cast you two as mercenaries that got caught up at the wrong time, wrong place---getting captured by the pirates who captured your ship---and seeking a new contract to pay for fuel and supplies home and to resupply the credits you lost when the pirates sliced into your bank accounts; we exchange information on the pirates for your freedom, is the Jod line. You find the Mercs at our space station and wish a new contract. That simple and your inserted within their ranks; their desperate for crew, so two experienced mercs will be gold for them.

"While with the Mercs, you have two very simple goals. First, do whatever they ask---very simple, as any hired merc would do. Second, you two are to act as their undercover security, unknown to them. You are to protect this man," Jacques pointed to the picture of Jason Lasso, "Captain Jason Lasso at all costs, keeping such protection unaware to him. He is now the heartbeat of the Mercs, as Taller once was, and he carries the dreams, hopes, and power of the Mercs on his shoulders. As it was with Taller, it so will be with Lasso, if Lasso dies, the Mercs will loose their leader and their motivation. From Royal Command's briefing on the recent command change, Taller picked Lasso personally to succeed him. If this is the case, then Taller must have had some ability to sense in Lasso what was needed to lead the Mercs to the next stages of their journey. However, unlike Taller who was a seasoned Clone Wars non-clone brigade soldier and infantry officer and veteran mercenary, Lasso lacks that real-world experience to the criminal underworld that allowed Taller to avoid being the next bounty and kept the Mercs from being chopped liver. Lasso will be unaware of many things that may had seemed common place for Taller. While the Mercs' security as a whole is important, the rest of the Mercs are very capable of handling themselves, whereas Lasso is also, he will be distracted by the responsibilities of command.

"Your contract is without restriction. You may leave your contract at any point, as long as two things are done first: A, you can only leave during a time of peace and the Johnny Boy and or the Mercs are not activity engaged in combat and B, you let Royal Command know, which I will be giving you comm codes too. When you leave your contract, your final credits will be cashed out to you. You will be getting, as all the Mercs do, a piece of their profits from each contract they have. Because your working for us as well, on-top of what we've already paid you for, you will be getting paid per week a small amount per each of you to safe guard Captain Lasso and the other Mercs. Combat situations will incur a bonus per week from us. Credits will be checked out to a private account of your choice so the Mercs' contract pay and your pay from us don't get confused.

"The only limitation to your contract is this: the Johnny Boy has limited hanger space and unless you want to leave the Crusader with us for safe keeping, it may have to be either flown separately or attached to the ship via a transfer tube. At the moment, the Mercs have space in their hanger for the Crusader, but if their ranks swell, their hanger space may come at a price when they start adding more starfighters to the hanger bay."

"Captain?" Came a voice over his desk comm.

"Excuse me gentlemen," Jacques said, then responded to the comm, "Go ahead."

"Sir, we're dropping out of Red Space travel and entering the wormhole. We should reach Jod space within thirty minutes."

"Good. Jacques clear," The Captain turned back to the two mercenaries, "So are we clear on the job? Basically, do what they ask---blend in with the Mercs. And protect their young captain as his unknown undercover security."

Actualize Station, some time later

Jacques and his Light-class Destroyer had since let the mercenaries be and as the two mercenaries' freighter landed in the same hanger bay with the under remodel Johnny Boy, Jason Lasso popped his head out from under the Bantha-II cargo skiff's engine compartment when he heard the engine noise, "Well I'll be," Jason said, wiping his once again greease covered hands with a red shop rag, "I knew that didn't sound like a Jod engine."

"Well," Ler said, coming up from behind, "Looks like prisoners. Look at the security detail forming up at the ramp and that Light-class Destroyer leaving from close orbit. Probably on a tractor beam and sent here, ship and all."

"Prisoners?" Lasso asked as he watched two armored figures escorted down the ship's ramp by a squad of four Naval Guards from behind them and through a loose group of Naval Guards to either side of their ramp, "Maybe from that pirate's nest...I knew something was fishy with all those freighters fleeing."

A Naval Guard came up, handing a datapad over, "Captain Lasso?"

"Your looking at him," Lasso responded.

The two bounty-hunter looking mercenaries were escorted up behind the guard, "These prisoners are from the recent pirate pacification operation you were part of with Captain Timothy Stakes of the Sword of Justice. Their files are clear with us; it seems they got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time---got caught by those pirates. Their looking for work, so they can afford fuel and supplies for their ship back there and rebuild their credit assets that the pirates stole through slicing. Since they do have a criminal record with the Imperial government in your galaxy, we can't supply them lawfully without assisting in a crime. However, your mercenary crew is not caught in that predicament."

"We aren't, now are we?"Lasso said, walking up closer to the two Mercs who were in binders, "I'm sure we can come to an agreement on some basis, as long as their not cowards or back-stabbers. What say you?" Lasso looked at the two mercenaries, "Are you willing to sail under a mercenary to destroy the Galactic Empire, bring justice to those who don't have it, and possibly be part of a prophecy to save the galaxy and have people think your crazy a little bit? If you can do that---and you understand that if you betray us I will personally space you out of an air lock myself---then we have an agreement and my---" Dak already had the data-pad ready from behind for the new two mercenaries to sign, explaining what Lasso just said in writing with details about Merc policies and paydays included, "----that Dak already has ready and you may sign to those details. If so, welcome to the Mercs."

As Dak went over there, the Naval Guards unbinding the two mercenaries, Ler took Jason aside for a moment out of ear range of the two new mercenaries.

"Are you crazy!?"

"Crazy what?"

"Those two mercenaries! Who else?! They look like miniature tanks! Unless the pirates had a Star Destroyer, I doubt those two were easy to catch and there's more to them beyond what the Jod are saying. You know that!"

"Look Ler, we need the warm bodies at this point. I'm working with less then half a skeleton crew and half of that skeleton crew is ready to jump ship! Look, I don't like it either, but we'd be taking the same risk with a shadow port crew. And look, what if the Jod are telling the truth? And these two were just caught at the wrong place, wrong time?"

"And if your wrong and it comes back to us?"

"We hire criminals and shadowy people as a business practice. We're mercenaries, Ler, not honest hard working nine-to-five business folk. We know the risks."

Ler shrugged his shoulders, "I guess your right. Taller always took the same risk when we hired new crew."

"And plus," Lasso said, "They do look like they know something more then your average drunken pirate. That could come in handy in a heated battle. Come on," Lasso walked back to the now unbinded mercenaries, "Your decisions? I'm Captain Jason Lasso by the way."

TAG Bardan_Jusik
    OOG: Jusik, I will switching over to my Bravo username for all tags with Lasso. Mitth_Fisto, I will be getting to your tag ASAP. :)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Wolf
    Delicate Delinquent

Wolf frowned as he heard about the elf dumping Aurora. But he wasn’t quite sure the kid looked twelve, more like he was in his twenties.

"Ready to finish getting these Imps stowed?"

Wolf gave a slight smile and nod as he held the rifle against the one prisoner’s back. “Ladies first.”

Sith-I-5

9. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    OOC/OOG: hey all. I'll be getting posts up if not tonight for sure to tomorrow. I apologize for the delay. School has been keeping me very busy.

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Ready Room, Delicate Delinquent

"Captain Palso. This is supposed to involve a wormhole too, 'cept you never mentioned anything about a Sea; Open, Closed, or Reserved for a Party. Is this one a different wormhole?"

Palso nodded, cringing at remembering that the Jod had their ways; in Palso's time, the wormhole that he was referencing to was a heavily defended worm hole, which would only further the claims of the Kingdom of Jod in years after the Battle of Endor. But today...that wormhole could be undiscovered or worse yet, not even formed.

"Yea," Palso said, nodding, "It must be. See, in my time, the wormhole cords I gave you are the primary way in and out of the Kingdom. But," Jim took a hunch and brought up his data-pad cords for the wormhole: near Aduba-3. The smuggler cringed, "Just what I thought. The Open Sea is the only way in or out in this time period," Jim brought the map up over the holograpic pad and zoomed it in, pointing a bit ways off of Aduba 3 to the Galactic North, "Here is where the wormhole is. But, if my hunch is correct, then," Jim typed a few words in and the stats of a Immobilizer 418 cruiser appeared next the worm hole with a flashing red warning symbol, "Problem is, the wormhole as of this time period, is too small. The Delicate Delinquent is too wide by over two hundred meters. I'm sure if there's any internal drawing force, we could get sucked into the wormhole, but that is my fear: the ship is too big and the DD would most likely break apart during the transition into the wormhole with the stress on the hull. My other concern is...if the Jod know about it, what happens if we show up uninvited without the proper security codes? And second, if the Jod don't know about it, what is on the other side of that wormhole? A black hole? A super nova? A automated defense grid? I would say that Aduba-3 is the safer bet...if we knew what on the other side of that wormhole. Dang Yav', I didn't think of there being two wormholes," Palso turned to Xan, "Do you have any knowledge of the Open Sea that maybe we don't?"

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Actualize Station

As the Crusader settled down on its landing struts, Taab thought back to thier briefing from Commodore Petain. Taab had been greatly surprised to hear that their employer would in fact be the Kingdom of Jod, the little chakaar (lit: corpse robber, but used as a general term of abuse) back on Malastare had been telling the truth after all. Atin for his part was unfazed by this, it was all new to him.

The terms outlined to the pair were acceptable, quite fair in fact, though Taab wouldn't let Petain know that. Both he and Atin would "double dip" on this job and earn extra pay just for keeping this Lasso safe. It was something they would have done as soldiers under his command anyway, but Taab would ensure that he and his son paid extra special attention to that aspect of the job. Even better was the prospect of working with the Mercs, who they had run into before. Taab wanted Atin to get some hands on experience with a well run mercenary outfit and it looked like he would be getting his wish. They were even being paid to do it, another lesson to his son: If you are good at something, never do it for free.

He wasn't happy at the prospect of stashing the Crusader for the duration of this op, but could see where it could be a concern aboard something as small as the Marauder class corvette the Mercs had at their disposal. They would cross that bridge when they came to it, if need be he could have one of his other children or even his wife take possession of the old ship. He was even less pleased by the prospect of using the old "prisoner transfer trick" to gain him and his son access to the Mercs. When in the history of the Galaxy had that ever worked? Especially if these Mercs were as on top of the ball as Petain had indicated. Still the pair of Mandalorians were in no position to argue, and if his new employers wanted the job done this way, well that was fine by Taab.

Atin wasn't happy with this either, but he kept quiet and followed his father's lead. All this talk of prophecies irked him. He had never put much stock in those who claimed to tell the future. Even the now all but extinct Jedi his father had told him about hadn't been able to predict their own fall from power. So a fat lot of good it did them to claim they had clairvoyence. They couldn't even save themselves, and now a whole government was making decisions based on some other prophecy, not even related to the Jedi? Atin had his doubts.

Still they both agreed to the terms of the contract despite their misgivings, the arrival on the station went as planned. Taab and Atin emerged from the Crusader in their full beskar'gam but wearing binders. Even to those not in the know about their little charade the binders would be seen as a mere formality, wearing their armor they could still cause a great deal of damage to the station, even with their hands bound.

But they weren't here for that of course. Instead they played their part, and after listening to Lasso's "proposal" they nodded their heads in unison. Lasso moved out of earshot as their binder were removed. Atin rubbed at his wrists, making quite the show of it while Taab stoically allowed them to be removed. It looked like the ploy had worked after all. The Captain approached them again.

"Your decisions? I'm Captain Jason Lasso by the way."

Taab looked back to his son for a moment, as if coming to a decision though of course one had already been made. "We're in. Taab, Beskaryc," he pointed to his son now "and Atin." His arms dropped back down to his side, looking as casual as possible for a walking tank. "In addition to our obvious credentials, my son there is a fair pilot and I...do things." Taab took the pad and signed his name before handing the pad to Atin who did the same before saying eagerly, "So Captain, orders?"

TAG: Bravo

[​IMG]

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Taab looked back to his son for a moment, as if coming to a decision though of course one had already been made. "We're in. Taab, Beskaryc," he pointed to his son now "and Atin."

"Pleasure," Jason said, smiling

"In addition to our obvious credentials, my son there is a fair pilot and I...do things."

"We need pilots, but we lack the fighters. But, I have a few jobs in mind to solve that problem. And doing things...that usually means your resume is longer then I probably want to look at," Lasso smirked, "Which I'm sure will come in handy."

Taab took the pad and signed his name before handing the pad to Atin who did the same before saying eagerly, "So Captain, orders?"

"Well," Lasso hesitated, trying to find the next set of words: he was new to this whole being the leader of the Mercs. Then, his comlink beeped and it was a arrest notice on Havah Jeth by the Naval Guard aboard the station---Lasso sighed, he would have to deal with this ASAP. He looked up to his new recruits first, though.

"Walk with me," Jason turned, motioning a uncertain Ler and impatient Dak to stay behind; Lasso walked ahead, his hands cupped together behind his back, his coat off and hanging off of the skiff's railing in the background. The boots of the two new recruits could be heard to either side of Jason as the Johnny Boy loomed over to their right, "This," Jason nodded towards the Corvette, "Is the Johnny Boy. As of right now, not going anywhere and under a remodel and upgrade. But, with your ship and a shuttle we recently acquired, we'll be staying plenty busy while the JB is being worked on. Now, I want a few things crystal clear. First, I know I'm young and don't look like a experienced captain, so don't go around acting like I think I'm a god, because I know I am new, young, and fully aware I don't know all the rope to this business yet. I took this position after Captain Rick Taller lead the Mercs since the end of the Clone Wars and then promoted me; if not me, the Mercs before me that are still here, carry on the proud tradition Taller left behind. With that said, I may not be as direct as Taller is, since he would have already had your records pulled up from his contacts around the galaxy. While I've been in command for less then twenty-four hours, I will be getting to those contacts soon. That brings me to number two. Don't bull **** a bull ******, as my father would always say. We're mercenaries and unless you two are twisted representations of a holier then thou missionary organization, I very much doubt the worst of your sins is stealing a cookie from your mother's cookie jar at home. As Taller once told me, everyone who is working for him is running from something, since they don't have a legit employ working a honest job. That something is, if its not a bad past or a deal gone wrong, its the law---that law being whoever is running Imperial Center. I won't pretend to know which sins your running from or if your not simply running from then all, because you've done everything under the sun. What I want, as Taller told me, is a crew that is loyal to the contract. Be what you may in your personal life, but when a contract is dialed up or the Johnny Boy is at peril, for credits or not, you better get your rear end in action.

"That brings me to my third point, credits. You want out, you want to take your credits and leave, that's fine by me. We're mercenaries, loyalties go as far as the next paycheck. Taller's rule---and now my rule---is we'll drop you off at the closet civilized space port. With credits you get paid per the contract, so you manage your own lifestyle---we can go a few days or a whole month without a contract. The split is divided among your years with the Mercs and rank. Command staff gets the biggest slice and it works its way down from there. Johnny Boy expenses come off the top of any contract, to pay for fuel, food, equipment, supplies, repairs, savings for future needs, etc. The command staff and crew get paid after the Johnny Boy is taken care of, so there is never a set pay, even on contracts that are the same amount. Credits brings me to my final point: Loyalty."

Lasso topped and stepped out in front, facing the two mercenaries, "The Phosphura Belt Pirates have a saying---the Buccaneer Code----and while we're not pirates, we are close enough to it. I will adopt their saying to set in stone the expectations of you as a Merc:

"Being a Merc can be summed up by what Platt Okeefesaid,
    "I hope that both of you understand. If you don't, you may be on your way and there is no need for us to discuss things further," Lasso looked between the two and there seemed to be no indication that either would leave, "Good. Now, to bring everything full circle, since I'm not one for a novel. While on the Johnny Boy, Command Staff and security are the only ones who are allowed to carry weapons on board the ship. All other officers and crew members must have their personal sidearms and weapons secured by the Security Station. In the event of a enemy boarding action---which the JB has seen three in less then four months---the security staff will handle the initial response, while all other crew can acquire their weapons from the security station. There is no exception to this rule. And lastly, armor. You can wear what you want, but, helmets and masks are off while on the JB, except during combat or a situation that would warrant your full armor. While your with the Mercs, your family, no lone wolves. There's no need to hide ourselves from others. With all of that said, you have three things immediately in front of you to deal with."

Lasso pointed to the make-shift security station that was in the process of being finished, that connected a security fence that surrounded the JB and in which Taller's old droid security force was patrolling and guarding, "That's security until the JB is up and running. Turn in your weapons there. Second, get what you need from the quartermaster for fuel and supplies," Lasso pointed to a make-shift station next to security, "For your ship. You'll be leaving in the morning hours with part of the Merc crew to go get some freelance crews at shadow-ports to refill our ranks. One of you will take your ship and part of my crew, while the other of you will come with me. The plan is simple: get to two separate shadow ports, far away enough from each other to not attract the wrong type of attention, and get some shadow-port down-and-outs looking for a crew job aboard a star ship. I know we'll probably be scrapping the barrel of drunken wrecked souls as is it, but try to find at least half way descent crew members. And third, get some food in ya, find a place to rest up---probably your ship is the only place left, seeing that some of the crew are setting up beds in the hanger bay here---and meet back at the JB in two hours from now. Have some ideas of shadow ports you think would fit best for a experienced and at least half way loyal crew. And remember, no helmets unless we're in combat. So," Jason tapped his head, "Take the lids off. With that said, I'll be back. I have some politics to go deal with. If your here, then I know you like the details of our arrangement. If your not, I understand. Good day and hope to see you soon."

TAG Bardan_Jusik

Five minutes later...

Lasso had retrieved his jacket and on his way to the holding cells that Havah as at, Lasso dialed up Fress, "Fress, this is Lasso. How are those shadow-ports coming? I need some results here soon, we have some new recruits and a way to get two craft airborne to get a crew together. I need that list within the next two hours. Meet up in the hanger bay with the JB in two hours. Lasso out." Lasso put his comlink away and continued walking.

TAG Coffee_Ninja and JediFalcon

OOG: Miith, I am getting a reply up within the next hour. Give me a sec! :)

13. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Actualize Station

"Let’s grab some food then we can figure out which shadowports to visit. Lasso wants us to go with our best or worst gut feeling and narrow them down. He wants the report in by tonight. Saber has already compiled the lists.”

Kasumi nodded, "So explain this list to me and what is going on with it? Apparently I was left out of the loop on this one. And Fress, while I may not understand why Taller made the choice that he did, I just have a very uneasy feeling about this right now. Something happened when we were being transported back to you guys, and something happened to Lasso during the time we thought we had lost him. If the Sith is in any way involved in that, then we have just seen the tip of the ice burg my friend."

Kasumi walked with her friend towards the mess when she heard the comm beep.

Tag: Fress

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Fress Colias
    Actualize Station, heading towards the mess hall

"So explain this list to me and what is going on with it? Apparently I was left out of the loop on this one. And Fress, while I may not understand why Taller made the choice that he did, I just have a very uneasy feeling about this right now. Something happened when we were being transported back to you guys, and something happened to Lasso during the time we thought we had lost him. If the Sith is in any way involved in that, then we have just seen the tip of the ice burg my friend."

Fress’s comlink went off before she had a chance to respond causing her to raise an eyebrow. “Colias speaking.”

"Fress, this is Lasso. How are those shadow-ports coming? I need some results here soon, we have some new recruits and a way to get two craft airborne to get a crew together. I need that list within the next two hours. Meet up in the hanger bay with the JB in two hours. Lasso out."

Fress growled as she looked down at the comlink. One of these days she may end up accidentally whacking Lasso in his sleep. He was pushy and most like nervous. “I just finished tracking Kasumi down. It’s going to take at least four hours to go over the lists and tag down which ones to go too. It’s take time and doesn’t magically happen in two hours. Lasso, I know you were put in charge but you need to learn to give leway if you want something done correctly the first time around. You’ll get the lists when we’re confident in our report. Colias out.”

Fress hit the switch on her comlink rather roughly feeling frustration wellup in her. She felt the urge to go find a punching bag. It was the only thing that allowed letting her frustration out. “Force help me if that kid isn’t the death of me,” she paused for a second and shook her head clearing her mind about the task at hand. “Shadow Ports are only known to trusted pilots, smugglers and pirates. Lasso wants us to sense which shadow ports to go to find a new crew for the Merc’s next task at hand. As for what happened, I heard rumors that Taller was shot and is only has so much time left. And Lasso I don't care what happened to him. He has a lot to learn in how to lead.”

Coffee_Ninja, Bravo

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Lasso walked towards the holding cells, trying to calm down. 4 hours! Fress told him 4 hours! What the heck was she and Kasumi going to do, hold hands and sing songs while looking up shadow ports? If Fress' response was going to be typical of his possible future squadron leader, Lasso would make sure the word possible stayed in front of squadron leader. He didn't need his crew to tell him to wait, he needed them to understand and act.

Lasso swallowed his pride; he would deal with Fress later. First, he had to deal with Havah Jeth; Lasso showed the data-pad authorization that was routed from his comlink to the two Naval Guards flanking the holding cells. The one guard nodded and opened the cell door, allowing Lasso to enter. One Naval Guard stood at the end of the holding cells against the far wall, while two more were at the front door inside the cell, one acting as the chief jailer and another walking up and down the length of the corridor, patrolling the cell block. The chief jailer instructed the patrolling the Naval Guard to escort Lasso to Havah Jeth's cell.

Lasso walked down the long corridor of bared cells on either side, a Naval Guard escorting him along the long cold corridor ahead of him and to his right. A few people---mostly pirates and smugglers---were in a few cells here or there, but not of the cells were being used, in fact, most cells were empty. Towards the end of a long corridor---where the other guard stood against the fall wall, a few cells up from him---Lasso's escort stopped in front of a cell and, grabbing a stun baton from his belt, ran the non-activated stun baton along the bars, "Up prisoner! You have a visitor!"

Lasso was not in view yet of Havah's sight and said, "That's all guard. Thank you," once the guard nodded and returned the stun baton to his belt and walked away with a final grunt, Lasso stepped into view of Havah, grabbing a near-by chair and sitting just outside Havah's cell, "So, back to familiar surroundings, Havah?" Lasso shook his head with a smirk, "I have the Commandant of the Naval Guards stationed here wanting your head on a pike for striking a Queen's Guardsmen and endangering the Queen herself, since you did bring danger to the station. The Queen's Guardsmen in question is mysteriously unavailable for me to question about what happened. So, all I had to convince them to release you from this cell is my word. But, before I give them the order to release you, I need to know something: What do you want from---and what can you give to---the Mercs beyond a bad attitude and a need for the drink? Your a good man Havah, but if I'm going to put you on the Mercs' new Command Staff, I need to know I can trust you beyond the bottle and the attitude...and I need to know, why the Mercs?"

Havah wouldn't know about the command change yet, but if he understood Lasso's wording, he would now know.

TAG Mitth_Fisto

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Actualize Station, Holding cell

When the jailor came he had to think for a moment, after all it was not meal time. . .was it? Still with nothing to go off of he sat himself up shakily just before Lasso came into view. A glance was not needed to know his condition, withdrawals. The moisture was slick on his body and his metal bed from where he had sweated profusely, his tongue felt like it was a size too large, and his throat was dry. The fact that if he tried to hold his hands out they would not stay steady did not need to be tested. Smilling wainly he watched as Lasso commanded the guard away and took a seat. What came next was a shock.

Raising a finger he tore off one strip of cloth from his arm, "The guardsman is not a surprise. He offered to let me kill him if it would make me feel better after getting us alone, then played sympathy and emotional games. I took him up on a non-leathal sparing match instead. He cheated as soon as he lost with reinforcements, had me stunned by said reinforcements and I am here." Letting the strip drop to the ground he grabbed another he had ready to tear away and tore it from the other arm. "I expected Taller. This does not bode well when my employer leaves without telling me." Letting it drop he alternated back to another strip off the first arm and tore it off. "You did not bring drink, to a man dieing of thirst." Letting that drop he moved back to the other arm and tore off another ready strip, "I want purpose, I want something to do, I want to die with purpose, I want to save lives, and. . .I want to not remember." Letting it drop he stared at it for a moment before reaching for the opposite arm and tearing a strip off. "I saved your life, I spared your life, and I envy you. If it was not against the ministry guidlines I would be like you without a past. In this I come as close to respecting you because the past you is not a part of the science of your being as much as it once was, although this also invalidates two prior claims and notes of worth I had on you before Taller left." dropping the cloth he repeated the process of tearing a new one off, the fact that it gave him pause from speaking was also appreciated by his mouth, "What can I give? If I told you either I or my previous employers would have to kill you, suffice to say, I'm an elite specialist. One who likes a good fight as much as the next guy. . .well maybe the next guy in a cell. I can continue to use those, and my evaluative abilities to effect, also I am classified according to Pic as a functioning alcoholic so it does not normally effect my duty hours. I have thought on sobering up, but if this has taught me anything it is that I envy you, you can be sober and not remember, not be drivin to a suicidal state like you once were. I cannot forget. It is always waiting. I can give my all, that is all, let others judge what that is worth." Letting the cloth drop he sat back and let a shaky hand tear another strip loose.

Holding it out it danced from his hand shaking, "Why? Why the Mercs? First outfit that checked out, met Taller in a bar and asked to join his crew. I am not drivin by passion for the cause. He knew that and tested me with a loner mission, he found me satisfactory. He found me bound by a code, and I that he was bound by one as well. Neither of us agreed fully on the code, we did not hash it out, but we knew we could trust and show our backs bare. NO fear. He agreed, I signed, I kill, save, destroy, or retrieve as the mission dictates and he payed. Honest credits, fit my skill set, and I knew where he stood. That was why. Now? To find out if the present you is worthy and if you will still pay the bills...and to respect Taller if he chose you." Letting the strip drop he closed his eyes. Resting his arms on his knees, palms up he gestured, that was it and more than enough unless Palso had more to say.

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Actualize Station

Fress shook her head feeling a little frustrated by what Lasso really wanted. She took a few deep breaths and slowly released them. Feeling a little calmer she could think a little more on what he wanted. It was bad enough her son was in Imperial custody and she was stuck here when she should be out there rescuing Brice. So what did he really want? Getting the list of shadowports was one thing. Figuring out which ones to visit and why would take time. “Saber, how is that list coming?”

Saber beeped as he pointed his antenna at her data pad and several lists names and planets appeared on her screen. “A hundred shadowports to sort through and he wants this done in two hours. I wouldn't be surprised if there's more then that by now. We’ll have to split the lists in half and go with our gut feelings with yes or no and see how many we can figure out in that time. Inbetween shadowports should give us time to figure out the rest of them. It’s the best we can do with the amount of time Lasso gave us.”

Coffee_Ninja

18. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    Actualize Station Mess Hall

"As for what happened, I heard rumors that Taller was shot and is only has so much time left. And Lasso I don't care what happened to him. He has a lot to learn in how to lead.”

Kasumi could only nod. She was there when Taller was shot, people and their trigger happy fingers, and all over a piece of rock! Oh the things people would kill over.

"The rumors are true Fress, and unfortunately, I was there when it happened. It was during the exchange of the Red Rock." Kasumi stopped her information there. There was more to that story and more to her involvement in the Red Rock exchange. "As for Lasso, what happened to him is something that you may not care about, however, Fress, what ever it was added to a darkness in him and unfortunately turned him more like Palso. He does have a lot to learn on how to lead, which is why others around him, including the two of us will need to help him. It will not be easy, and the path will be filled with challenges for both him and for us, but he cannot learn if we do not give him a good role model to look at."

Kasumi looked over the list and began to gather her own feelings on the information.

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Actualize Station Mess hall

"As for Lasso, what happened to him is something that you may not care about, however, Fress, what ever it was added to a darkness in him and unfortunately turned him more like Palso. He does have a lot to learn on how to lead, which is why others around him, including the two of us will need to help him. It will not be easy, and the path will be filled with challenges for both him and for us, but he cannot learn if we do not give him a good role model to look at."

“I suppose, at least his kid isn’t in custody,” Fress muttered under her breath as she sat down at the table with a cup of tea in front of her. She looked at the lists and began to sort them based on her knowledge and Force sense. Tatooine seemed like a good place to go first. She would be able to get into contact with Kenobi, if nothing happened to him by then or he was off planet doing something. But somehow it didn`t feel right to contact him, she shook her head as she tried to keep the desperate feelings she had about getting Brice out at bay. She tried to focus on the task at hand but where Brice was, was causing more distraction then she ever thought possible.

Two hours had passed and she gone over the list as best as she could and based on gut feelings, she felt Sullust was the first place to start. She made her notes on shadowports on her worst and best gut feelings. She put Tatooine as a possibility considering that`s how she joined up with the Mercs in the first place. She shook her head leaning back and rubbing her eyes. ``Kasumi, how is the list coming? I have them all sorted as best as I can get it.”

Coffee_Ninja

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Holding Cells, Actualize Station, Northern Stretch (Kingdom of Jod)

"Respecting Taller won't be an issue," Jason said, "And neither will my trust and respect for you. Pay is as Taller has always laid it out. But," Jason said, getting up, "You need to get hold of this drinking. I don't care how you do it---and I don't need to know---but it needs to be brought under control. A drink after work hours, fine. But I can't have my new officer in charge of special operations being drunk on the job, functioning alcoholic or not," Lasso put the chair back and nodded to the patrolling guard; Havah's cell door rolled back, "You look like Sith, Havah. Doctor Cook has set up a temporary medical station by the Johnny Boy for Mercs. Get that withdraw looked at," Dak came scrolling along the holding cells and stopped short of Lasso, "Dak here will make sure you get to Cook and looking half way better then a Hutt," Jason smiled, "Havah, you can do it. I know I now understand your pain, to a degree. We shared that look during the first meeting with King Alex. I know I won't understand it all---even after you explained your brother's death to me---but I've been through hell and back since being captured over the Block. You need someone to talk to, I think my experience level in pain and suffering has gone up a few levels. You have a few hours Havah before we leave from the hanger bay to go find us a few new crew members. I'll need your skills to find the right crew members for the job and make sure I don't hire anyone I shouldn't. Plus, Knowing my luck, I may need someone to back me up if I get into a fight at a bar."

With that, Lasso departed, leaving Havah in the capable hands of Dak. He headed back to the Johnny Boy to oversee the modifications...

TAG Mitth_Fisto and Any

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Captain Yavscout, Chief Engineer Tim Williams, Wing Commander Rectory Grove

"Yea," Palso said, nodding in response to Yav's query of a second wormhole, "It must be. See, in my time, the wormhole cords I gave you are the primary way in and out of the Kingdom. But," Jim took a hunch and brought up his data-pad cords for the wormhole: near Aduba-3. The smuggler cringed, "Just what I thought. The Open Sea is the only way in or out in this time period," Jim brought the map up over the holograpic pad and zoomed it in, pointing a bit ways off of Aduba 3 to the Galactic North, "Here is where the wormhole is. But, if my hunch is correct, then," Jim typed a few words in and the stats of a Immobilizer 418 cruiser appeared next the worm hole with a flashing red warning symbol, "Problem is, the wormhole as of this time period, is too small. The Delicate Delinquent is too wide by over two hundred meters. I'm sure if there's any internal drawing force, we could get sucked into the wormhole, but that is my fear: the ship is too big and the DD would most likely break apart during the transition into the wormhole with the stress on the hull. My other concern is...if the Jod know about it, what happens if we show up uninvited without the proper security codes? And second, if the Jod don't know about it, what is on the other side of that wormhole? A black hole? A super nova? A automated defense grid? I would say that Aduba-3 is the safer bet...if we knew what on the other side of that wormhole. Dang Yav', I didn't think of there being two wormholes,"

Yavscout listened closely to the information about Aduba-3. He quietly filed away that there was a risk of a disconnect between information that Palso gave them, and reality.

Palso turned to Xan, "Do you have any knowledge of the Open Sea that maybe we don't?"

Yav took the opportunity to look up at the Jod Wing Commander, "So, would any of the ships we picked up from the Authority, possess Red Rock drives"

The Selkath looked his way, having to step round Palso to do so, as it was getting increasingly crowded in the ready room. "The Royal Command craft, the Aka'jor shuttles, would. Everything else would have normal hyperdrives. This is," Grove hesitated, "After King Alex' assassination, Royal Command moved its personnel and ships from the Authority to the Sword of Justice. Who knows if they took all of them?"

"Find out, will you?"

Grove touched a paw to the side of his head, and flipped a casual salute. "On it." The Ready Room gained a bit more space as the alien rolled off the wall, and headed out.

Williams sat on the side of the desk. "Well, here's hoping."

"And what are you expecting to do with a red rock drive if we happen to have one of these Aka'jors? They're not going to be any good for a ship the size of the 'Delinquent."

"I'm hoping they work like hyperdrive motivators; because you don't really have hyperdrive engines as such-"

This rocked the elf back in his chair. He peered gravely at the orange-coveralled senior Merc. "Alright, who are you, and what have you done with my Chief Engineer?"

"Ha. I'm serious. You have sublight engines, and then the hyperdrive motivator rips an opening in the fabric of space to allow ships access to the parallel universe that is hyperspace. It is just that common terminology makes enough reference to hyperspace engines that even experienced spacers fall into the trap." Williams shifted position.
    "So what I'm hoping is, if a red rock-" He unfolded his arms to let his index and forefingers of both hands air quote the next word, "-'engine' merely opens up a channel into Red Space, we can let the Royal Engineers figure out how to make the channel big enough to admit the DD."

Yav nodded. The words seemed to make some sense, although for the sake of clarity, he would have liked to have SGIS' colleague Agent Devon, or the Merc's hangar tech, Sydney Ayres, up here to give a second opinion.

Peering at Tim, it dawned on Yav what was different about him. It wasn't a new haircut. Williams had not shaved. Yavscout had not seen Sandy, the Chief's favourite longblaster, since they had boarded the interdictor. Maybe he felt safe enough aboard the Imperial cruiser that he did not have to carry her around like an extra limb, all bleeding day.
    It was common knowledge that the man talked to his blaster.

Tongue-in-cheek, he ventured, "And what does Sandy have to say about this ?" All the while, thinking, Uh-oh."

Tim smiled at the query, rather than taking offense, and Yavscout released the breath he had started to hold.
    "Sandy? Sandy raised an interesting question."

"Oh yeah?" And afterwards, we'll ask her for some Open Sea nav tips too."

"If the Kingdom of Jod set the security codes protecting the wormhole, what's to say the COR hasn't changed the codes? If this gateway is an entry point to the Kingdom, would it not be in their interest to change the locks."

"They didn't just get a drokking divorce...." Yav's exclaimation tailed off. For a DLT-20A energy rifle, Sandy had a point. The elf shook his head; the Chief had him doing it now! The gun wasn't sentient.

"That is a good point. We send in a shuttle first, something with a powerful enough communications suite that it can send a message back through the wormhole, that it arrived safely. Perhaps, we should send shuttles through both wormholes?"

Williams' nodded his agreement, then joined Yav in checking on Palso and Mac, to see where they were in their own conversation.

Prison Level

Wolf gave a slight smile and nod as he held the rifle against the one prisoner’s back. “Ladies first.

Sounil smiled back, and indicated the way back down the corridor, to the quartet of Kings Army soldiers. "This way?"

The troops who did not have prisoners, about-faced smartly and in unison, while the fourth soldier was already holding onto his Imperial prisoner, and the group moved forwards, Sounil and her prisoner at the centre.

Soon enough, after about five minutes, they came upon a grey metal door where a tech holding a can of spray paint, and a flimsi stencil with characters cut into it, sprayed RB1 onto the door.

"Ar-Bee-One?" Sounil echoed, reading the sign.

The tech turned, looked the female twi'lek up and down. "Anyone ever told you, you are very pale?"

Rather than go into the whole spiel about being in a deep space Imperial prison facility for a good chunk of years, she repeated the query.

"Oh. Yeah." The tech stood back from the door, admiring his handiwork. "Replacement Brig One. Cos we figure there are proper brig quarters somewhere on this tub; just we have not found them yet." He nodded to the next door along, on the same side. "Once your prisoners are stowed, we will start working on Replacement Brig Two, next door."

"We?"

"Technicians," he clarified, a touch sourly, Sounil thought, "don't you worry your pretty little head about it."

He stepped forwards as he passed the flimsi to the hand holding the can, and dabbed a finger on the painted lettering. "Yeah, that's dry. Come on in." He pressed a control panel on the wall next to the door, allowing the barrier to snap aside.

"Okay, this was a cabin before, and has been converted. Two sets of two bunk beds with mattresses, pillows, bed clothes. Two chairs, welded to the deck. Adjacent fresher and sonic shower. Kings Army ration pack and a bottle of water on each bunk."

Sounil turned her prisoner around, and addressed all three of them. "Alright, we are going to cut you free, so you can make use of the fresher, eat something, rest. Mister Wolf," She nodded to the stern-looking clone, "is going to cover us, so don't try anything stupid."

She stepped away to stand next to Wolf, and allowed the Jod soldiers to bring out blades to cut the Imperials' bonds.

Tag: Palso, Mac, Wolf

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

As Lasso walked off Taab looked to his son and without saying a word removed his buy'ce and shut down its systems. Atin followed suit. "So, we're staying?" Atin knew his father didn't like the idea of disarming or parading around without his bucket on at all times. Atin could see why, he had become used to its on board sensors and the 360 degree view it gave him. He knew for his buir that those features could be used to his advantage 100 fold. "Yeah we're staying." they had left their long guns locked away in the Crusader's armory, but had their blaster pistols on them. Taab slowly drew his two Westar-34s and handed them to Atin. "Go ahead and turn these in."

Atin's jaw dropped, "but buir we are security." Taab nodded to him. "We are, but the Captain doesn't know that yet. Turn those in and your own blaster too. I'll talk to the boss when he gets back." Taab watched as his son sullenly moved off to comply. When Lasso returned Taab would explain his extensive security work and hopefully get the blasters returned to himself. He fingered the lightsaber that still hung at his belt. He hadn't turned it over because he didn't think of it as a weapon. It was a trophy, and one that spoke to his previous experience.

He glanced around the hanger bay, there was a lot of work to be done, but it looked under control. His son was still busy getting the weapons signed into the makeshift security station, but was having some difficulty with the battle droids there. Taab would let him work it out, he knew he could handle it. But Taab wasn't so sure that security itself was in good hands, a conglomeration of old B1 and B2 battle droids had no where near the capability of an organic security force. Taab had worked with enough droids in the past to know that...

OOC: some mood music

Taab blinked twice, the images fading from his mind as his son finished up with the droids and moved back towards him. That had been an osikla (horrible) contract, one that had cost Ro'val his life, though it had gone a long way in training Adenn for a future as a soldier and warrior. So different from his younger brother A'tin, so much more reserved and much more like Taab himself. Taab doubted that At'ika would ever learn to be so dispassionate towards his job, but he held out hope yet.

"So buir, where to now?" Atin had placed that ratty beret back on top of his moppish head of hair. Taab wanted to tell him to go get a haircut, but refrained. "You heard the boss, go get some food in your system." Taab had to admire their young commander for that. Taab was told he was new to command, but at least he had the sense to look out for the own well being of those under his command. Taab wondered if he had the gett'se (courage) to order them into certain death. "You not coming buir?"

Taab shook his head and placed his buy'ce on the hard deck, sitting down on it at the base of the Crusader's boarding ramp. "Nah, gonna stick around and watch over security until Lasso gets back." He gestured to his son to get going. "You go on then, get some food and meet back here in two hours." His son jogged off, eager to have something other than the ration packs he and his father normally had aboard the Crusader. Taab watched as he left the hanger and then pulled a small well worn bag out of a pouch on his belt. He poured a handful of its contents in his hand and tossed the spicy warra nuts into his mouth crunching down on them as he started to hum...

[​IMG]

23. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Zieleb-Xan ‘Mac’ Macja
    Hanger, Delicate Delinquent

"Do you have any knowledge of the Open Sea that maybe we don't?"

“All I know is what the old spacers around the Centrality used to say, that ships went into the Open Sea, but no one ever returned.” Mac thought on what he had heard the last time he was out in the Centrality. “There were rumors that there’s a race of manta-like creatures that lived in the ThonBoka nebula. Some said that they were the guardians of the Open Sea and could, if persuaded, guide someone across the Sea. Of course no one tried because what’s the point of traveling the void?”

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Ready Room, Delicate Delinquent

"...Some said that they were the guardians of the Open Sea and could, if persuaded, guide someone across the Sea. Of course no one tried because what’s the point of traveling the void?”

"We have a point now," Palso replied; Jim never had the faintest idea that the young 18 looking years old man was in fact 119 years old or that his mother was part of the Royal Court on Vernet; if Palso would of known that information, he would of inquired of the Half-Erphae more about his available resources to discover where this worm hole was exactly in the Open Sea; after all, a space-traveling planetary kingdom was more powerful then the DD's current resources. But, alas, he didn't know and, probably, would never know, "I just wish there was a way someone had the resources---like maybe some rich Royal Court part of some rich Kingdom that doesn't end with the word Jod---could help us. Well, guess the only way to solve this is by the good old fashion way: fly blind and hope for the best."

"...idn't just get a drokking divorce...." Yav's exclaimation tailed off. For a DLT-20A energy rifle, Sandy had a point. The elf shook his head; the Chief had him doing it now! The gun wasn't sentient.

"That is a good point. We send in a shuttle first, something with a powerful enough communications suite that it can send a message back through the wormhole, that it arrived safely. Perhaps, we should send shuttles through both wormholes?"

Williams' nodded his agreement, then joined Yav in checking on Palso and Mac, to see where they were in their own conversation.

"Well," Palso said as the four came back together, "Unless someone has Prince Xizor's private bank account information to pay a scout company, we'll be going into the Open Sea trusting the Jod's word. Which, at this point, is the best we got."

25. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    Actualize Station Mess

``Kasumi, how is the list coming? I have them all sorted as best as I can get it.”

"I have mine sorted as best as i can," She set the information down. "And Fress your son is going to be ok. Don't worry. I told you I would help you and I will, so will Circuit, Herc and C.T." As Kasumi laid the information down she had feelings on quite a few, but Teardrop, Smugglers Run, and Cloud City seemed like the best options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.