main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Jason Lasso
    Holding Cells, Actualize Station, Northern Stretch (Kingdom of Jod)

Lasso was walking back towards the hanger with the Johnny Boy, when he allowed his memories to drift---ever so cautioniously----back to his torture with Hilick Soal aboard the Darkest Night. While Lasso cared less to give thought to the stun batons and lightening whips used against him by Commander Top and his Stormtroopers, Lasso nonetheless understood that that evil brought about a purpose and drive in the young mercenary Captain that few other things could. His thoughts lingered on one of his and Soal's last conversations...

It would seem that Hilick Soal's "vision" was coming true...and it was a conversation that Lasso would bury deep in himself for no others to know...

Walking out into the hanger, Lasso took a causally glance towards the new mercenaries' ship and saw one of them sitting there. Deciding that a "inspection tour" was not needed of the dismantling of the Johnny Boy, Jason walked over to the sitting mercenary.

"Either you like the view of construction workers and combat droids," Lasso started as came to sit down on the other side of the ship's ramp next to the mercenary to show no barriers between the rank of a man and the man himself, "Or you were waiting for me," Jason dug into one of his pockets and produced one of his favorite snacks: beef jerky, "I," Jason said as he bit off a piece of the thick jerky, "Have a feeling its the latter..."

TAG Bardan_Jusik

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Fress Colias
    Actualize Station Mess Hall

"I have mine sorted as best as i can," She set the information down. "And Fress your son is going to be ok. Don't worry. I told you I would help you and I will, so will Circuit, Herc and C.T." As Kasumi laid the information down she had feelings on quite a few, but Teardrop, Smugglers Run, and Cloud City seemed like the best options.

Fress picked up the list and looked at the suggested names. She noted they agreed on Teardrop but the other two never crossed her mind as possibilities. Especially since Smuggler’s run was on a giant asteriod in the middle of a field. Cloud City was very crowded and under new management. It would take extremely good flying to get into Smugglers run. She made note on Ord Mantel and Tatooine seemed more like posibilities. She made her notes on Kasumi’s suggestion making sure Lasso knew that Smugglers Run would take special flying in order to make a safe trip or they risked getting killed in the process. “Smugglers run is difficult to get too. It takes a top notch flyer to make it through the asteroid field, not to mention it’s a big asteroid to begin with. Someone who has been there before will have to fly us in if Lasso decides to go there. I agree with Teardrop but am unsure about Cloud City. I think it’s recently been placed under new management by a man name of Calrissian. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to check that out.”

Fress showed Kasumi the suggestions she made wondering which two would be the best places to visit. “And I have a feeling that they should be as far away from each other as possible.”

Coffee_Ninja

3. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    IC: Investigator Hilick Soal
    Study Room, Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Darkest Night, approaching Project Zero

The music of Ave Maria (Opera) played throughout his large study. Days earlier, just meters in front of his desk where overhead screens surrounded his view, the torture of Jason Lasso was conducted. Hilick watched with a sick awe for the divine as this torture that very nearly broken a human's body was to be used as a catalyst for the coming events. While the Gyndine Shipyards no longer provided the Emperor his means for the destruction of the Mercs and their leader Rick Taller---his vision as well seeming to be more difficult to understand without this event occurring either---Hilick Soal nonetheless remained steadfast in what he saw moments before his death. It was no random flashes of thought, Hilick knew, rather it was a organized and purposeful vision---a vision that someone wanted him to see. Did Hilick see the vision wrong, was the vision wrong, or had the battle over the Gyndine Shipyards had yet to happen?

While Hilick was certain the vision was true, the promotion of Jason Lasso several hours ago to Captain of the Mercs with Rick Taller leaving, all but proof of that slim and very remote chance happening of a young and inexperienced man being promoted to Captain...as Hilick's vision had told him.

While Hilick had ordered the Imperial Justice and the Terminator to Christophsis to await further orders (the Imperial Justice was undergoing repairs), Hilick had taken the Darkest Night and the rest of the Royal Red Task Force into the military restricted area of Project Zero. Vader had arrived and disappeared unexpectedly (to the great disdain of the Emperor) and the Lead Scientist of the project had been killed in an attempted escape attempt. So the Emperor had personally ordered Hilick Soal to Project Zero to "secure" the site and await the Emperor's personal arrival, while Vader oversaw the completion and mission of the Death Star. Hilick's orders were simple: complete Project Zero. With the last remnants of the Red Rock Planet aboard his Star Destroyer, the ISB Investigator had every confidence with the remaining scientist staff that the project would be completed. After all, the Emperor wasn't without his spies in the science community and had long ago secured the now dead Lead Scientist' information and research papers on Project Zero without ever stealing a single copy.

Now, the Empire stood on the doorstep of not only the Death Star and the death of the Rebellion, but a source of unlimited energy and a direct path into the Kingdom of Jod, where a fleet of Star Destroyers and a army of Stormtroopers could be created in relative protection and where the Emperor would have his new personal safe retreat. A course, all of that was before Hilick's vision. But Hilick Soal remembered his words well to Jason Lasso...Hilick was a soldier and would serve the Emperor faithfully....and by that loyalty and faith, bring the destruction of the Emperor and his Empire.

All that remained was what had to be done...

NO TAG

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Captain Yavscout, Chief Engineer Tim Williams, Petty Officer Wa Yays, Delicate Delinquent
    Berroll's Donn star system

Yavscout listened to Mac's and Palso's contributions.

"All I know is what the old spacers around the Centrality used to say, that ships went into the Open Sea, but no one ever returned." Mac looked thoughtful, then continued, "There were rumors that there’s a race of manta-like creatures that lived in the ThonBoka nebula. Some said that they were the guardians of the Open Sea and could, if persuaded, guide someone across the Sea. Of course no one tried because what’s the point of traveling the void?"

"We have a point now," Palso replied; "I just wish there was a way someone had the resources---like maybe some rich Royal Court part of some rich Kingdom that doesn't end with the word Jod---could help us. Well, guess the only way to solve this is by the good old fashion way: fly blind and hope for the best."

Both were as useful as Williams's had been. Not very.

Yav's own knowledge was limited to a snippet from an SGIS' background check on a mysterious, anti-Rodia extremist group. One of their senior figures had spent her early adult years in the Centrality Navy, based at Hosrel, a very isolated star system.

The elf smiled inwardly; his Centrality knowledge was even sketchier than theirs, if that was possible!

"Well," Palso said as the four came back together, "Unless someone has Prince Xizor's private bank account information to pay a scout company, we'll be going into the Open Sea trusting the Jod's word. Which, at this point, is the best we got."

"Yay," Yav acknowledged without enthusiasm, drawing a stern glare from the gruff engineer.

"I would take this, a bit more seriously, Youngster."

"I am taking this seriously, and if you will give me a minute, I will lay out how we are going to proceed." Yavscout paused, seeing that he at least had Williams' attention now. "I was trying to hold out for getting a better shield array before tackling this wormhole, but while Captain Palso has not yet sold me on that idea, this whole Open Sea thing means we cannot send small craft across it, unsupported. The 'Delinquent, a veritable space-going city with plenty of power, food and water, is the best thing for crossing the void."

The elf tapped a few keys on his desk keypads, and the looked towards the holograph as it switched from the starmap, to an internal view showing five hexagonal-finned TIE fighters suspended from ceiling hooks.

"Bridge Officer Bob found these about twenty of these on board. I cannot remember what their operational range is, but if our techs can jury-rig sensor beacons, with ARC-170 support, we should be able to use these as electronic breadcrumbs to help guide us across the Sea. Captain Palso, how far into the Sea is this wormhole?"

CAPTAIN YAVSCOUT. PLEASE CONTACT THE BRIDGE

Confusion crossed the elf's face at the public address announcement.

"I'm right next door!" Yav leaned forwards to use the desk intercom. "Bridge, this is Yav. What's up?"

"Petty Officer Wa Yays, sir. Sir, a vessel just reverted about two hundred klicks off our port bow."

Yav raised worried eyes to the others as he gave the orders: "Launch the alert fighters. And raise shields!"

Tag: Palso, Mac, C.T. (only if you want)

5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Zieleb-Xan ‘Mac’ Macja
    Hanger, Delicate Delinquent

"We have a point now," Palso replied; "I just wish there was a way someone had the resources---like maybe some rich Royal Court part of some rich Kingdom that doesn't end with the word Jod---could help us. Well, guess the only way to solve this is by the good old fashion way: fly blind and hope for the best."

Mac could not believe what he was hearing, did this pirate have some sort of knowledge about him that he was not letting on too or was he just randomly spouting off at the mouth. He definitely needed to find some time to talk to this strange character. Unfortunately as much as he wanted to help out, the last communiqué he received from his ‘father’ told him to still keep away from Vernet. Even though Duke Cesran was no longer in power, Scath still feared that Josch was in danger.

"Well," Palso said as the four came back together, "Unless someone has Prince Xizor's private bank account information to pay a scout company, we'll be going into the Open Sea trusting the Jod's word. Which, at this point, is the best we got."

This confused the ‘young’ Erphae. He thought that the Jod were their allies. Were the Mercs not fighting alongside of them? He was about to suggest an alternative when the Elf commander interrupted.

“Yay,” Yav acknowledged without enthusiasm, drawing a stern glare from the gruff engineer.

"I would take this, a bit more seriously, Youngster."

"I am taking this seriously, and if you will give me a minute, I will lay out how we are going to proceed." Yavscout paused. "I was trying to hold out for getting a better shield array before tackling this wormhole, but while Captain Palso has not yet sold me on that idea, this whole Open Sea thing means we cannot send small craft across it, unsupported. The Delinquent, a veritable space-going city with plenty of power, food and water, is the best thing for crossing the void."

The elf tapped a few keys on his desk keypads, and then looked towards the holograph as it switched from the starmap, to an internal view showing five hexagonal-finned TIE fighters suspended from ceiling hooks.

"Bridge Officer Bob found these about twenty of these on board. I cannot remember what their operational range is, but if our techs can jury-rig sensor beacons, with ARC-170 support, we should be able to use these as electronic breadcrumbs to help guide us across the Sea. Captain Palso, how far into the Sea is this wormhole?
    "

Mac finally spoke up, “What if we sent an advance scout through the wormhole, while still sending the Delinquent the long way? Send a vessel, say the Hunk of Junk something large enough to take care of itself, but small enough to fit through the wormhole. Once it reached the Jod perhaps they could obtain a Red Rock drive, along with coordinates, and deliver them back to the Delinquent so she can make short work of the journey. Palso and I could make the trip out, that way you’re not losing any of your normal crew. How does that sound?”

"I'm right next door!" Yav leaned forwards to use the desk intercom. "Bridge, this is Yav. What's up?"

"Petty Officer Wa Yays, sir. Sir, a vessel just reverted about two hundred klicks off our port bow."

Yav raised worried eyes to the others as he gave the orders: "Launch the alert fighters. And raise shields!"

“I’m assuming you want me in my fighter then?”

TAG: Bravo Sith-I-5

6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    OOG: Rectified post

"I have mine sorted as best as i can," She set the information down. "And Fress your son is going to be ok. Don't worry. I told you I would help you and I will, so will Circuit, Herc and C.T." As Kasumi laid the information down she had feelings on quite a few, but Teardrop, Smugglers Run, and Cloud City seemed like the best options.

Fress picked up the list and looked at the suggested names. She noted they agreed on Teardrop but the other two never crossed her mind as possibilities. Especially since Smuggler’s run was on a giant asteroid in the middle of a field. Cloud City was very crowded and not under the best of management. It would take extremely good flying to get into Smugglers run. She made note on Ord Mantel and Tatooine seemed more like posibilities. She made her notes on Kasumi’s suggestion making sure Lasso knew that Smugglers Run would take special flying in order to make a safe trip or they risked getting killed in the process. “Smugglers run is difficult to get too. It takes a top notch flyer to make it through the asteroid field, not to mention it’s a big asteroid to begin with. Someone who has been there before will have to fly us in if Lasso decides to go there. I agree with Teardrop but am unsure about Cloud City. The current administrator is not someone to mess with or get on his bad side. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to check that out with caution.”

Fress showed Kasumi the suggestions she made wondering which two would be the best places to visit. “And I have a feeling that they should be as far away from each other as possible.”

Coffee_Ninja

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Jim Palso
    Ready Room, Delicate Delinquent

"I am taking this seriously, and if you will give me a minute, I will lay out how we are going to proceed." Yavscout paused, seeing that he at least had Williams' attention now. "I was trying to hold out for getting a better shield array before tackling this wormhole, but while Captain Palso has not yet sold me on that idea, this whole Open Sea thing means we cannot send small craft across it, unsupported. The 'Delinquent, a veritable space-going city with plenty of power, food and water, is the best thing for crossing the void."

The elf tapped a few keys on his desk keypads, and the looked towards the holograph as it switched from the starmap, to an internal view showing five hexagonal-finned TIE fighters suspended from ceiling hooks.

"Bridge Officer Bob found these about twenty of these on board. I cannot remember what their operational range is, but if our techs can jury-rig sensor beacons, with ARC-170 support, we should be able to use these as electronic breadcrumbs to help guide us across the Sea. Captain Palso, how far into the Sea is this wormhole?"

Mac finally spoke up, “What if we sent an advance scout through the wormhole, while still sending the Delinquent the long way? Send a vessel, say the Hunk of Junk something large enough to take care of itself, but small enough to fit through the wormhole. Once it reached the Jod perhaps they could obtain a Red Rock drive, along with coordinates, and deliver them back to the Delinquent so she can make short work of the journey. Palso and I could make the trip out, that way you’re not losing any of your normal crew. How does that sound?”

Palso held up a finger, "He does have a point. My concern, however, would be: do we have enough for the Junk to span the distance if we encounter trouble, lets say pirates? As for how far this wormhole is...eh..." Palso did some calculations in his head, "If memory serves right and twenty some years haven't moved the wormhole---of that is possible---a good three days journey on sub-light engines. Its not to far into the Ocean Sea, but finding it is difficult, since one can't really see it unless you know what your looking for. Its below, if you want to call it that, what most spacers would come a 'normal' flight plane. And, most people stay away from anything starting with a W and ending with a E if their worth their salt to pilot. With the cloaked Jod defenses around it---and assuming their not in COR control yet, but I have a feeling their not since Royal Command would be the only ones with access codes in or out of the Kingdom of Jod and their loyal to the Queen---the wormhole should be mostly undiscovered.

"I like Yav's plan, use the TIEs and ARCs as beacon points. But tag along the Hunk of Junk, with Mac with me here, as a advanced scout vessel, acting as the head and a look-out for pirates. The journey will be long and dark though for all involved. No stars, no planets, no nothing but floating space wrecks and we'll be less then a quarter of the way into it---the whole Open Sea, I don't want to know how long it would take to cross on sub-light engines. We may want to let the crew know, Captain Yav'. War veterans or not, the blackness of space can do things to a man, terrible things. I've seen it happen before."

Confusion crossed the elf's face at the public address announcement.

“I’m assuming you want me in my fighter then?”

"Right there with you," Palso said to Mac, "I'll get the Junk on stand-by."

Palso rushed out without further word, running towards his ship. Walking Library was, to Palso's disdain, holding up a very expensive looking piece of equipment from the top of the Junk.

"What are you doing?!" Palso asked, "We need to lift off immediately!"

"Captain Palso," Library started with Bugger next to him with a torch, "I don't believe that is a wise course of action---"

"Stuff it metal rod! Get it back together!" Palso cited the multicolored 3PO protocol droid, then pointed a finger at Bugger, the white and green R2 astromech droid next to Walking Library on top of the freighter, "That means you too!"

Bugger issued a retort as the smuggling captain disappeared under the ship's bow and up the ramp. "Bugger!" Library exclaimed, "Watch your language!"

Palso ran up the ramp and started the start-up sequence, flipping switches and watching screens. He listened for the tell-tail signs of start-up and was satisfied when the strong, bold, and low hum of the powerful engines came online, supplying the custom freighter with power aside from battery power for pre-engine start-up.

Palso jumped on the freighter's ship-wide comm, "Library! Bugger! I'm locking her up!" Jim was true to his word and recalled the landing ramp. He heard a panicked droid's voice and, what he knew as, Bugger's wide variety of galactic curse words. The two droids rushed into the cockpit.

"Okay," Jim said, putting on his crash webbing, "You better sit down and buckle up."

"Captain," Library tried again, trying to finish his comment from earlier.

"WL, not now," Jim said and turned on the comm system, "Delicate Delinquent Hanger Control, this is the Hunk of Junk. All green and awaiting your orders for launch." Jim flipped the communicator off, waiting for a reply.

"Captain," Library tried again, strapping himself into the co-pilot's seat as Bugger took the third seat and astro ring behind them in the cockpit.

"Library," Palso said in frustration, "Is whatever you and Bugger playing with back together?"

"Yes, sir."

"Is the hull access hatch sealed?"

"Yes, sir. But Cap---"

Palso held up a finger, "Not now. You can tell me later. We have a full green board and we're ready for launch. I want you to go man the top turret, I'll let Bugger auto man the bottom turret from the cockpit here."

"Yes, Captain. But, sir---"

"Library, just do it!"

"Yes, Captain," the protocol droid unstrapped his crash webbing and walked off in a hurry to the top quad laser turret.

"Man," Palso said to himself out-loud as the cockpit door closed behind Library, "You'd think he was trying to tell me that something would break loose during flight. Like that would happen to us!"

Bugger kept his mouth shut. He was glad, at moments like this, that droids didn't have expressions for organics to read...

TAG Sith-I-5 and CPL_Macja

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Captain Yavscout, Chief Engineer Tim Williams, Petty Officer Wa Yays, Technician Flavin, Aurora Cradmoon, Sergeant Vestor, Delicate Delinquent

Mac finally spoke up, “What if we sent an advance scout through the wormhole, while still sending the Delinquent the long way? Send a vessel, say the Hunk of Junk something large enough to take care of itself, but small enough to fit through the wormhole. Once it reached the Jod perhaps they could obtain a Red Rock drive, along with coordinates, and deliver them back to the Delinquent so she can make short work of the journey. Palso and I could make the trip out, that way you’re not losing any of your normal crew. How does that sound?

Palso held up a finger, "He does have a point. My concern, however, would be: do we have enough for the Junk to span the distance if we encounter trouble, lets say pirates? As for how far this wormhole is...eh..." Palso did some calculations in his head, "If memory serves right and twenty some years haven't moved the wormhole---of that is possible---a good three days journey on sub-light engines. Its not to far into the Ocean Sea, but finding it is difficult, since one can't really see it unless you know what your looking for. Its below, if you want to call it that, what most spacers would come a 'normal' flight plane. And, most people stay away from anything starting with a W and ending with a E-"

Yav frowned up at Williams, and mouthed, WHALE?

Tim shook his head minutely, and mouthed back, WORMHOLE

The elf nodded once, and returned his attention to Palso.

"-Jod defenses around it---and assuming their not in COR control yet, but I have a feeling their not since Royal Command would be the only ones with access codes in or out of the Kingdom of Jod and their loyal to the Queen---the wormhole should be mostly undiscovered.

"I like Yav's plan, use the TIEs and ARCs as beacon points. But tag along the Hunk of Junk, with Mac with me here, as a advanced scout vessel, acting as the head and a look-out for pirates. The journey will be long and dark though for all involved. No stars, no planets, no nothing but floating space wrecks and we'll be less then a quarter of the way into it---the whole Open Sea, I don't want to know how long it would take to cross on sub-light engines. We may want to let the crew know, Captain Yav'. War veterans or not, the blackness of space can do things to a man, terrible things. I've seen it happen before."

Yavscout had a different take on Mac's plan, but the alert interrupted the free exchange of ideas. He started to rise out of his chair, unsure whether he needed to be seen on the bridge during the situation, seeing as he could monitor things from here just as well.

I’m assuming you want me in my fighter then?” Mac volunteered without hesitation.

Yav shook his head, "Not enough time to get you down there and launched."

Seated on the right far corner of the desk, Williams gestured to Mac. “Don't underestimate him, Captain. The kid moves like greased poodoo. Speaking of which, where'd Palso go?

The elf looked from Tim to the Merc pilot, gazing at him for an extra moment. "Okay, go. Our fallback site if we have to evac, is the Absit star system. Take charge once you catch up with the ARC-170s that Wa Yays should be sending over to have a look."

Yavscout pressed the intercom on his desk. "Wa Yay, what are they doing?"

"Just sitting there, Captain. I am running the ship type through the database, but it has not spat out anything yet."

"Okay, cheers. Keep me posted." He looked up at Williams, still perched on that sharp corner. Must have buns of durasteel. "So, Mac's plan to send the Hunk of Junk through the Aduba-3 wormhole; what do you think?"

"Goes with what I was going to suggest before Lasso asked for one of us two."

"Wormholes and hopping galaxies is not like dusting crops..." Yav tailed off and sighed. "Sorry, I have no idea what that means. Lasso has to expect that it will take some time to reach him, given the distance required."

TIE Hangar

Aurora dropped lightly onto the deck at the base of the PX-4 Mobile Command Base, the vehicle's tracked wheels almost as high as she was.

She dried her puffy eyes with a sleeve, and looked at the first of the manned Aggressive ReConnaissance fighters as it floated off the deck, and moved forward through the transparent magnetic containment field to drop out of sight through the hangar aperture.

The hangar echoed with the noise from the second ARC's power plant as it too prepared to leave, on whatever mission had been called.

Cradmoon was slightly wistful, aware that they were completing a role that had been hers, oh so recently. Hers and Macs.

She could feel fresh sniffles and tears coming at the thought of him, and bravely tried to tamp them down. She had to be strong.

TIE Hangar

Beside the Gamma-class assault shuttle's open hatch, Sergeant Vestor paced impatiently.

There had been no further word from the bridge since he had been told to get his team together.
    While Loretta was inside the craft, Cradmoon had yet to turn up, and at least one of the alert fighters had headed out, dropping out of sight through the cruisers' belly aperture.

He turned from watching the second fighter depart, to see Jim Palso race into the hangar, shouting to his droids.

"Where's the fire?" He asked, plaintively, too low for the Corellian to have heard.

The Bridge

Petty Officer Wa Yays fielded the call from Jim Palso.

"Delicate Delinquent Hanger Control, this is the Hunk of Junk. All green and awaiting your orders for launch."

"Hunk of Junk, you are clear for launch. Good luck."

Tag: Mac, Palso

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Actualize Station, Holding Cell

After Lasso left and Dak stayed he simply stared at the droid for a minute as he digested everything. Being a droid, especially as a military the droid merely canted it's clamshell head in wonder of why Havah was not vacating his cell that now held an open door. Truth was. . .truth was he didn't know what to make of it. Perhaps it was the detox, perhaps it was the confounding situation he found himself in, or perhaps it was the curiosity of whether or not he could do something.

"Do you think I could get away with murdering the Jod responsible for my sobriety?"

"Sir?"

"Nevermind, drag me out like the time on that little mud pit we visited all those moonlets ago." Havah simply responded as he turned his back to the droid.

"Of course. Pic sends a message, 'All parameters open.' If you mind, Pic was ever so stubborn about it."

"Not at all. He means all is well, if I want revenge he can help me, but cannot intervene alone. Well, enough talk, action time."

With that Dak grabbed in his metal hand the scruff of Havah's prison garb as he went limp, letting a little blood and improvised foam leak from the edges of his mouth. Courtesy of soap and biting his own tonge. The second was surprisingly easier then the first. Dak then proceeded to drag him back along the prison corridor and out to where he was supposed to go, giving a nice show to all the prisoners and guards. Both of whom should up-tic their fear, respect, or low thinking of the Mercs leader and as a group. Overall the best thing he could do in his present situation.

Dak would drag him all the way to the Johhny Boy where Lasso wanted him and get looked at there. All he had to do was drag like a sack, not do more then moan at the door jams, and not look really at anything in particular while his head flopped 'naturally' with the motions of being draged by a droid.

TAG: Bravo

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: Edited out.

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Zieleb-Xan ‘Mac’ Macja
    Delicate Delinquent

I’m assuming you want me in my fighter then?” Mac volunteered without hesitation.

"Right there with you," Palso said to Mac, "I'll get the Junk on stand-by."

Palso rushed out without further word. Meanwhile Yav shook his head and answered initial question, "Not enough time to get you down there and launched."

Seated on the right far corner of the desk, Williams gestured to Mac. “Don't underestimate him, Captain. The kid moves like greased poodoo. Speaking of which, where'd Palso go?

Yav looked from Tim to the Mac, gazing at him for an extra moment. "Okay, go. Our fallback site if we have to evac, is the Absit star system. Take charge once you catch up with the ARC-170s that Wa Yays should be sending over to have a look."

Mac did not wait around for Yav to change his mind. As soon as the Captain gave him the important information he took off, utilizing FORCE SPEED, for the TIE hanger. He could see Jim making his way up the ramp to his ship. Meanwhile he heard what sounded like someone crying and the Sergeant that greeted him when he first arrived asking about a fire.

There’s a new arrival off our port bow. We’re launching to investigate their intentions.” As Mac approached his fighter he used TELEKINESIS to lift Navi up into her slot. After he climbed up into his seat and strapped himself in, he brought his engines online and prepared to launch. “Flight control this is Merc Ten launching to interrecpt.

As soon as the second alert fighter launched, Mac’s modified G1-M4-C Dunelizard fighter dropped out through the belly aperture of the cruiser and raced towards the coordinates provided by the bridge. “Delinquent 1 and 2 form up on my wings, Merc Ten has the lead,” he ordered the two ARC-170 starfighers.

As they approached with the Hunk of Junk formed up behind them, Navi brought up on the tactical display an image of a large craft with a raised command pod on the port side of it’s dorsal hull, with two long booms which extended forward of the main hull.

Mac opened a channel to the Hunk of JunkJim do you have any idea what this thing is or who it belongs to?” He then sat back and awaited the time-travelers response.

TAG: Bravo Sith-I-5

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Chief Medical Officer Russel Cook
    Hanger Bay, Actualize Station, Northern Stretch (Kingdom of Jod)

"Mr. Jeth," Russel said from behind a make-shift reception desk as he saw Dak drag him in; the Chief Medical Officer knew this was coming, so it wasn't shocking when it finally happened. There was no point in making more of a scene then Havah Jeth was already making to the whole station.

Dak dragged Havah's body behind a make-shift operating room (covered by on-wheels curtains) and hulled Jeth's body onto the bed.

Russel had most of his staff either on the DD, on R&R, or simply quit after the last few weeks. So, to say the least, it was Russel doing the one-man medical show; he put on medical gloves and rolled over a overhead body scanner that scanned Havah's body and displayed a 3D imagine floating above the organic's body, showing a fully exposed and colored interior workings of the alien's body. A listing of vital signs materialized in the air next to Havah's head.

The Merc's Chief Medical Officer went quietly to work, setting up a saline bag and expertly (with many, many years of experience) setting up the lines he needed. He talked to Havah while he worked, even while a song played softly in the background on one of the wheelbase tables. "They say that alcohol withdraw begin with shaking hands, sweating, mild anxiety, nausea and or vomiting, headache, and insomnia, all within the first 12 hours. For minor withdraws," Cook started pushing a slow drip of water mixed with electrolytes into one line, "And between 12 and 24 hours after stopping alcohol consumption, patient may or may not begin visual, auditory, or tectule hallucinations which usually end within forty-eight hours," by now Cook had another line set with a drip of benzodiazepines, starting a third line for the same use, "They say that 95% of people have mild to moderate withdraw symptoms. You," Cook had the third and final line set quickly with the other half of the benzodiazepines, "My friend are at a high moderate to a low severe withdrawal. Timing was everything for you, Mr. Jeth. A few minutes later and," Russel took off his medical gloves, indicating the floating 3D imagine of Jeth's body, "You would of had a seizure. Some nasty business, even with today's medical advances. So," Cook disposed of his gloves in a medical waste container, "As a doctor, I am clearly concerned with any of my patient's well-being. Especially one I consider a friend. So Havah, my friend, where do you find yourself today? Why here? Why now? And where are you going? Because, for your safety, I won't release you from my care until you can confidently tell me you'll be okay. Because," Cook rolled up his sleeve to show a old scar across his left wrist, "Because I've been there...at the bottom and finding no way out but ending it." Russel put his sleeve down, "And I've tried the drinking too. Nothing worked. Only here," Russel taped his head, "Only up here is where I could find change and only I could do that change."

TAG Mitth_Fisto
    OOG: References in web links.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: *Glances around desk for inspiration for an nrc name. Checks December issue of internal magazine, and spots pictures of colleagues showing off their tops…shrugs*

IC: Christmas Jumper (nrc), Agent Nifesta, Baille Hart, caves, the Darth Unlucky, V-Wing starfighter

Dirty, wrapped in rags and amateurishly-skinned animal hide, Christmas sat huddled several several metres inside the Duross Caves, overlooking the city.

The rocky, barren landscape outside the caves were grey and lifeless, the soil poisoned months ago by Imperial bombardment after they had discovered the Alliance safe world, and punished it.

They had carried out the action just before the harsh winter, and thousands had already died, from starvation, poisoning, or exposure.

Of course, the Empire had levelled the cities too, so the population had little shelter.

Christmas had no way of finding out what was going on beyond those grey skies, but something must be preventing the Alliance from coming to save them.

Hyperspace

The hulking twi’lek did not seem so imposing as he sat on the floor in one of the ship’s hallways, staring at the salon door he had emergency sealed with hullbreach foam, just twenty minutes before, the cabin beyond the durasteel barrier open to hyperspace, thanks to the desperate escape between a Christophsis dry-dock hangar, and the sides of a weakened Star Destroyer.

She had obviously snagged on part of the SD’s hull, and he had been lucky not to tear his Consular-class Republic Cruiser in half.

Two metal canisters of the hardening foam sat on the deck to his right, speckles of blown-back foam caking his face, arms and robes, as well as the parts of the door frame he had been aiming at.

Can’t take you anywhere, can I?” He softly rebuked himself.

An alarm on his wrist chronometer chimed softly.

Ah, they were going to revert at Tierfon soon. He better get to the bridge.

Nifesta levered himself off the deck, putting a meaty white hand on the wall to support himself. “Getting old, my friend. And talking to myself. First sign that I should look at hiring a crewmember. Or buy a morrt.

Hyperspace

Baille had discovered that trying to get footwear on, in the cramped conditions of an V-Wing’s cockpit, was not easy, Imperial procedures generally requiring their pilots to already be dressed before climbing into their craft.

She had been forced to keep her feet down under the control panel, and lean down there herself, stretching her arms, and almost dislocating her spine.

And that was how she had found the stylus connected by a bit of frayed string to the corner of what proclaimed to be an SGIS Operation Feedback flimsi, though from the tone of the questions, she was unsure if was a survey, or an application form.

Name,” She read aloud, then paused as she looked for something to press on, disregarding her own lap; the control panel, in cae she pressed the wrong button and did drokk knows what; and the canopy above her – she knmew it was secure, otherwise she’d have been long dead, scattered into atoms within the hyperspatial tunnel, but why tempt fate.

Twisting uncomfortably in her chair, she found that she could press a portion of the flimsy down on her right armrest.

Name.

She wrote, Baille Hart on the line provided.

How did you hear of the Secret Galactic Intelligence Service?
    One. I am an ally, and I am fighting alongside you.
    Two. Your (complete name of operative or ship) rescued my arse.
    Three. I am a jedi.
    Four. I am a Sith.

Baille raised an eyebrow. She didn't know what a sith was, but it was followed by a disclaimer that if she'd ticked ‘I am a Sith’, she must be one charming nest-fragger, cos her choob ought to be fried chicken by now.[/color]”

She ticked, Two. Your Agent Nifesta rescued my arse.

The navi-computer emitted a soft two-tone warning, announcing that she was soon to revert from supralight.

About time; that’s five minutes of my life I’m not getting back in a hurry.

Outside, the hyperspace tunnel ended, and shrank back around her ship to be replaced by slowly shortening starlines.

Okay, shields on. Weapons hot. Wonder what you have in store for me now.

Tag: no-one

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Hanger Bay, Actualize Station, Northern Jod Stretch

Lieing there he waited as he let the Doctor have his way with him, it was a necesarry evil he knew. This wasn't the first time he had gone through withdrawls and so it was more old hat and part of him knowing his limits. When Cook finished his prelims Havah noted that his feet were flapping in the air as if trying to tap out the beat of the music that was softly playing, the tune was catchy. Human centric but broad enough to expand to a humanoid based audience and possibly a few non-humanoids as well. Still he had to admit the lyrics were somewhat poignant considering the situation as well as what Cook was sharing with him. Now that was a surprise. The guy was a surgeon and was that inept at self-ending? "I guess you never really wanted to die doctor. You had a want, but not a need or else you would not of chosen such a method that left survival as a large possibility with todays science."
    Hearing a whir of servo's he turned his head away from Cook and saw Pic standing there, head canted forward as it's photoreceptors flashed. Sighing Havah leaned back, "Track of Soul, same artist. Doctor? You have until the end of the song to do your most good as I give you the benefit of consideration and overlook flaws of methodology and reason comparisons. Let us see if you can."the words of Save my Soul went unsaid, but they were there as the last words had as near a yearning as Havah had given to anything besides a bottle. With that he let Pic begin the song.

Turning his head he gave the doctor his full attention.

15. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi

Kasumi sipped on the tea that she had just picked up to try to get through the list.

"I agree Fress. A lot of these areas mean that we are going to have to be careful and cautious. However, if we have to be, you can bet others will be more so. And, the chances that people are going really ask questions, which is what we need. No questions asked."

Kasumi suddenly was lost in her thoughts. Questions....so many questions surrounded this group.....so many questions surrounded the goings on with that other Sith that they saw. Kasumi began making mental note of the questions that she had for Lasso. If this team was going to work together, they had to know that there may be Sith around every corner...and why.
    Aside from that, Kasumi had managed to get her little friend Buddy to send an encrypted message to C.T. about Fress' son...but it would take a while until they would get a response.

Tag: Fress

16. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: C.T., Circuit, and Herc
    Mess Hall on the Delicate Delinquent

Circuit had managed to make is way over to where Herc was sitting after spending time with the Jod engineers. They looked up just in time to see C.T. walk in and nod to them and grab some food quick.

"How did it feel to be back in action again Circuit?"

"You mean messing with droids and putting a ship back together?"

"Yes."

"Felt like old times, how about you?"

"Blowing ships up and defending what we had...was old times....just...."

"Kasumi wasn't here," said C.T as he sat down. "I was heading to check out that signature with the Johnny Boy, it just doesn't check out or make sense. But, I headed this way to let you all know about a mission we may have to help with when we get back with Kasumi." C.T. slid the information over to them written in a code that only the three would always use on the Block.

Tag: No one

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

"I agree Fress. A lot of these areas mean that we are going to have to be careful and cautious. However, if we have to be, you can bet others will be more so. And, the chances that people are going really ask questions, which is what we need. No questions asked."

Fress nodded in agreement. There were quite a few out there that did the work without asking why. Other wise you wouldn’t survive in such an environment. She stood up from the table and gave a slight smile. “Our two hours are up and I should give our fearless leader the report. And Kasumi it’s not that I don’t care of his situation, because I do. It’s just I don’t care for his new attitude,” she sent a message off to Jason about having the report done and she’ll be stopping by his office in five minutes.

“I’m going to drop this off with Jason. I’ll try my best not to bite his head off,” Fress gave a slight smile that she was joking then left the mess hall. She could sense Jason was in the hangar bay. She headed towards where she could sense his presence just as she saw Havah being dragged towards a temporary med ward by Dak. She raised an eyebrow. She knew the man was stubborn but that just took it to a whole new level. As she neared a ship that looked surprising familiar. She noted Jason was talking to a manadalorian bounty hunter?

Fress felt her heart rise into her chest as she approached the crusader. Is Jason out of his mind. She took a few deep breaths and calmed her racing heart as she approached both. She stared at the manadalorian just trying to keep her cool but with a ten million credit bounty mark it was hard not to feel the urge to run. "Friend or foe?" she asked the man behind the armor.

"Captain may I speak with you in private, and maybe ask Russel to run a cat scan on your head."

Bravo Coffee_Ninja Bardan_Jusik

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab

Taab accepted the slice of jerky with a nod and shook the bag of warra nuts in his hand. It was nearly empty now, but he had more aboard the Crusader to replenish its contents. "Yeah Skip, guess I am waiting on you." He offered Captain Lasso the remaining spiced nuts. "Looking over your security droids," he frowned now as a sign of his displeasure. "Hope that's not all you have security wise, especially if the ship gets boarded as often as you say."

He gnawed on the piece of jerky, it was good stuff and went well with the warra nuts. "It's your ship, your crew, and I ain't here to tell you your business, but I would feel a whole lot better if we had some "wet"... organic folks, in charge of ship security. Someone who knows their business."

He looked around the bay, making sure no one was within earshot. "You're young skipper, and from what you told me, new to command. This ain't my first ronto rodeo, and I can tell you; You're going to get a lot of push back, from those younger than you who think they can do it better and from those older and more experienced then you who know they can."

He snagged another piece of jerky, hoping it would be standard fare aboard the Johnny Boy once they were under way. "Listen to their experience, but in the end use your own judgement. You're in charge, don't forget it." He chewed and swallowed his last piece of jerky, "My boy and I are loyal Skip. To you, your ship and your crew. You have my word as a Mandalorian on that."

[​IMG]

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    IC: Wolf
    Delicate Delinquent

Sounil turned her prisoner around, and addressed all three of them. "Alright, we are going to cut you free, so you can make use of the fresher, eat something, rest. Mister Wolf," She nodded to the stern-looking clone, "is going to cover us, so don't try anything stupid."

She stepped away to stand next to Wolf, and allowed the Jod soldiers to bring out blades to cut the Imperials' bonds.

Wolf held the blaster as he watched the Imperials enter the prison they setup. He began to wonder how Fress and Cody were making out. He suddenly had this urge to find C.T. and Circuit.

“As soon as we’re done here, I need to find C.T. and Circuit.”

Sith-I-5

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: This post did not come out like I wanted it to. I'm rushed, so it sounds extremely choppy to me. Bleh, I hate my writing at times and love it at others. Trying to move us along for this weekend, so sorry if its rushed.

Sorry, was about to post and internet went out. :(

IC: Jason Lasso

Lasso kept his mouth shut---taking the offered spiced nuts and finding them rather tasteful---and listened to the much wiser and experienced man. "Loyalty is in short supply these days. I heard a story from our Bridge's top non-com a few weeks ago. She said while she was at Port Haven a while back, she came across a man named Rav Cater.She said that despite the man's intention to almost kill, he had said two interesting things," Lasso brought online his wrist comm and brought up a locked data-file, "This Rav character had told another Merc that she overheard,
    And then he said later,
    . I have found those two statements to be very truthful in their context, although I would never had thought of it before. While I feel your statement of loyalty is truthful---at least I hope it is---you will understand that it will take time for such statements to be fully trusted? After all, if Rav's statements had any truth to them, then your either the one-fourth who are honest and you---like me---will die for it someday. Or your the three-fourths of liars and you'll stab me in the back and live. Quite a deal breaker, isn't it? Death for honesty and life for lying," Lasso smiled, shaking his head, "While I don't know how true Rav's statement is, I would expect it would have some truth to it. Which leads me to this..."

Lasso closed down the data file on his wrist comm and looked back to the mercenary, "You had told me about the droids and I saw the look on your face. Yes, its all we got, plus a small organic team that oversees the security cameras, etc. It saved on crew expense, life support usage, and room---I never knew why Taller had them, since he fought against them in the Clone Wars. But, they've been doing the job, but we've seen their weaknesses with the recent boarding actions that never happened like this before.

"I've been wanting to look into some of these private security firms or see if I can get my hands on some information regarding a secret organization that involves security. They provide security, for a price. But I have heard some rumors here or there, so I'm going to check them out. But, I'll need someone to lead them, or a rough and tumble from scratch security crew from ground up, to train and lead them. And, since I think you made the point for a reason, the new job of Security Chief is yours until your killed or I find someone better [1]. Only three things I ask: your up front with me and loyal, you keep the droids as a last ditch resort, and you keep the eight or so organics we've had working security for all this time, they'll be your best starting point. Now," Jason stood up, dusting the spiced nuts crumbs off of him, "As Security Chief, you carry a sidearm and have unlimited access to everything in the ship. I'll get you the security codes once I have them when the ship is completed. Oh, before I forget. Also as Security Chief, your our intel agent undercover in a manner of speaking. You hear and see stuff in the news or galaxy that we may not and you see if it harms us or helps us and report it. And, lastly, you get a pay increase. Your first job," Dak was always the helpful servant never too far off (which sometimes freaked Lasso out) and handed the new Security Chief his new comlink---then Fress showed up.

"Friend or foe?"

"Him," Jason forked a thumb towards Taab, "Friend and our new Security Chief!" Lasso knew the news would rattle Fress' bones to the core, so he made a point to give a big fat grin...just because.

"Captain may I speak with you in private, and maybe ask Russel to run a cat scan on your head."

"If you have the Shadowports I asked for, then yes," Lasso saw the data-pad in her hand, "Never mind," Lasso turned to the new head of security, "You and Atin, hmmm," Lasso looked between Taab, Fress, and the Crusader, "Okay, this is how it will go down. We need a crew and, if Taab is as knowledgeable as he sounds," Lasso looked between Taab and Fress, "Then his help will come in handy. We'll take Taab's Crusader and the new Sentinel and two fighter escorts. We'll use the Crusader as escort, gun support, and back-up transportation, while the Sentinel is used for transporting back any of our prospect new hires. The two fighters will be Fress and Kasumi as top cover if things get dicey. We'll take Atin, Chris Streets, and Havah Jeth---if he's ready---on the Crusader. Those Quads could use some gunners, so I think Havah and Streets could fill in that role perfectly (Lasso didn't know about the droid-controlled guns on the freighter). On the Sentinel, we'll take Taab, Terrel Vacks, and myself, plus some security droids just in case. Fress, make sure those fighters have extra fuel pods for long flight, we'll be able to refuel along the way, but I'd rather be safe then sorry. You want Squadron Leader...here's your first chance to prove it. Have the two fighters loaded out armament wise with what you think we may need for a mission like this, its all you and I won't sign or check anything off. Now, before we go guns blazing forward, anyone want to say my first mission idea is stupid or too dangerous? If not, we lift off in twenty minutes?"

TAG Bardan_Jusik and JediFalcon

References

[1] Starship Troopers

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Jim Palso
    Cockpit, Hunk of Junk, leaving the Delicate Delinquent

Palso eased the Junk out of the mag field and shot upwards along the port side of the DD at a steady speed, doing a corkscrew as he came up past the top mid part of the ship and leveled out just above the shields, using the cruiser's own defensive fire as a defense to his own. Up ahead, he could see Xan and two ARC-170's to his starboard, just easing past the former Imperial cruiser's bow. Jim put on the speed to catch up somewhat, but still stayed a healthy distance back and to their far port, even after he surpassed the cruiser's bow.

Jim's comm came alive, “Jim do you have any idea what this thing is or who it belongs to?

Palso shook his head, drawing upon his love of galactic history to come up with a response, "Well, if you want to fast forward eight years if memory serves right, ships like that appeared at the Battle of Brentaal IV, but unless time travel has become the galaxy's newest hit thing and I missed the galactic news on it, then these guys are either using a precursor design to the Bantha-class assault shuttle or a similar design that the Bantha was either based off of or just happen to look like the Bantha's later design. Either way...I'd say play it safe. They could be packing extra weapons or starfighters if their not carrying troops---like the original Bantha did----so be careful of the card play here. I'll cover your port and rear. Why don't you introduce ourselves?"

Palso switched over to his ship's internal comm, "Library, be ready. Stay on the look-out for anyone trying to come up on our six. I don't like this."

"Cloak or shield camouflage?" The droid replied back over the comm.

"My thoughts. You don't jump in on a cruiser without a hand out for friendship or a really, really good ace up your sleeve. And they haven't been talkative yet anyways."

Palso clicked off the comm and said in the cockpit, "Bugger, start scanning for ion trails, energy spikes, and comm signatures. If their help is cloaked, they'll leave a trail, even if we can't see them."

Bugger whistled an affirmative and went to work.

TAG Sith-I-5 and CPL_Macja

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: Sorry for the triple post. :oops: Hit post earlier too soon.

The below post is heavily influenced by Babylon 5's Stephen Franklin.

IC: Chief Medical Officer Russel Cook

"It is the same artist," Cook confirmed as turned to more modern measures now---putting on gloves again before he began---to speed up Havah's recovery, seeing that the "traditional methods" had at least balanced Havah's body out enough to handle the more modern methods that modern medical science provided. Cook continued to listen to the song as he responded, "I had every intention to die, Mr. Jeth," the doctor countered, "I had a blaster ready at my side. But..." Cook shook his head, "I don't know. The knife seemed the action...and the reason why I survived. As I lay on the floor, bleeding out, I tried to process what remaining thoughts I had left. I wanted to die because...I didn't see hope," Russel had finished with the "modern" methods and had slowed the traditional approach down to a trickle, as to not overload the near-human's body system; he took off those gloves, discarded them, and went to check vital signs and other data the floating 3D imagine of Havah provided, "Hope to me, as a Doctor, was based in science and reasoning and logic and data. While any body form---alien or human---could be vastly different, for most, the basic functions of survival and healing remained the same regardless of the body make-up. I saw everything and did everything, but I still saw life, however unique and special that a organic life form could be, in terms of science and formulas and data-charts. The data says one thing, I do something to either meet a 'healthy' data screen or reverse the effects of what a negative data result shows me.

"But, sometimes, life isn't so simple as all of my education and all of my experience in ERs. Sometimes, people die. Sometimes, for no reason other then for cultural preference, religious rights...or because God or whoever was higher then us all decided that it was their time. As a Doctor, all deaths hurt. But you learn to handle the ones you know you couldn't do anything else for and you know you did your best. Its the ones that should have survived and didn't that keep you up at night and I see them in my dreams often. And I could never understand why. All of my learning, preparation, and experience couldn't prepare me for the fact that, as a Doctor, I could have all the answers, all the equipment, and all the time to save a patient's life...and it still wouldn't be enough. I found myself at a cross-roads in life. My whole life was based on what I could see as a Doctor...I never stopped to realize what I couldn't see was more important. You can't see cultural views---we see from our eyes, not from theirs---or religious views, the same rules apply. And you can't see what God or whoever is above you's invisible hand is going to do.

"So I decided one day that life was a joke, some bad, nasty joke. All I saw was suffering, people needing help. And all I could do, in the long run, was put a band-aide on a patient. They would die...we all die at some point. All I was fixing was everything I couldn't fix: life's end result. So, I decided that my job as a doctor and my life's purpose was a joke and, it was just as meaningful to let a person die on a street corner as it was to save them from near death in a hospital ER. What did it matter? If a person's culture or religious views demanded their pain or their death, then I was powerless as a Doctor. If that invisible hand reached out and snuffed out their life anyways from my grasp, what could I do? So, I found no hope in life, even for myself. Everything I was raised to believe in was a lie.

"As I lay there, bleeding, I realized something. And to this day I won't say it was God or man or medical science or the wind. It was what it was. I guess you could say it was God, maybe it was. And if there is a God and if it was God who made me realize something, then I am thankful for it. But I realized, minutes before my death, that life wasn't about the end result of dying. It was about giving people a reason to smile. That was my job as a Doctor: to give people a chance to smile amidst the brokenness of their lives at that moment and realize that their was beauty and hope still in life. I made a choice, then and there, that I wanted to live, if nothing more then for that realization. Life, once again, had meaning. Life had meaning because I chose to accept the realization of what I was given. I could have ignored it and died, but I didn't.

"And for you Havah Jeth, like me, we can't go back and fix the past wrongs or hurts. But we can make a better future. And that's why I am here, doing what I am doing. I want to make a difference, not because I want to, but because people need hope and want to smile. So who will save your soul, Havah Jeth? Only you can, by making a choice for it to be saved. God or whoever is above us will take it from there."

TAG Mitth_Fisto

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: General Perez, Deputy the Astromech, Observation Deck, Actualise Station

There was a small cafe on a balcony, white chairs, circular tables with transparent ceraglase surfaces.

Perez had parked himself up there, a small paper cup of some transparent non-alcoholic beverage popping its bubbles while the General silently watched the teeming masses move across the concourse below, going about their business, furthering the Queen's objectives, and the Prophesy.

Perez turned his head to look out the stransparisteel wall, overlooking two of the station's massive docking arms, dwarfing the capital ships that docked there, even the King-class battleships.

How in the Four Regions, had anyone kept this place quiet?

The senior Engineer's gaze ticked to the right, attracted by movement, then as he focussed, he could see the back of the table's second chair, jerk away from the table, a few inches, then stop.

It jerked a bit more, and stopped, then in fits and starts, seemed to retreat backwards from the table, about three metres, and then out of sight behind the boxy area where the Jod waiting staff were.

Okay...

A jet black R2 unit joined him at the table, main radar photoreceptor scanning the expanse of the Northern Wastes, and the approach to the station.

It blatted a query, which Perez interpreted as asking if anyone was sitting there.

"Well, not now."

More whistles and bleeps came from the droid.

"So, you are just here to look out for the..." Perez paused as he mentally worked through the droid's binary speech, the uncommon words throwing him momentarily. He took a sip of his drink, enjoying the chilled liquid breaking over his tongue. "...Delicate Delinquent, eh? What're you like a train spotter or something?"

Deputy's dome spun towards him, harsh whistles echoing around the domed area, prompting the Jod officer to put up both palms in symbolic surrender.
    "Hey, no, now that you mention it, no, you do not look like you are in the, um, mood. If you want to talk about it, I am not going anywhere any time soon."

The dome turned slowly back, to let Deputy look out for Yav's interdictor cruiser.

Tag: no-one

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Actualize Station Hangar

"You want Squadron Leader...here's your first chance to prove it. Have the two fighters loaded out armament wise with what you think we may need for a mission like this, its all you and I won't sign or check anything off. Now, before we go guns blazing forward, anyone want to say my first mission idea is stupid or too dangerous? If not, we lift off in twenty minutes?"

“Besides thinking you’ve lost your mind, which you proved of doing so through battle not too long ago. I think this is a little bit of both but it should get us a crew, so it can’t hurt to give it a shot,” Fress glanced at Taab with a frown and studied the amour looking for the death watch symbol but didn’t see one. “Taab is it?” She questioned with a frown. “If you betray me or anyone on this crew, you won’t live to see the break of dawn. I’m familiar with Mandalore and some of the customs there. Particularly with bounty hunters and Death Watch.You better be on the up and up or we’re going to have problems.You have to earn my trust.”

Fress looked at Lasso just wondering what kind of a leader he would make, so far he’s turned into an arse. She just hoped it didn’t continue for too much longer and he was just feeling things out. “Captain, I already know what I want to do to the fighters. If there is nothing else? I would like to get my tasks completed.”

Bravo Bardan_Jusik

25. Coffee_Ninja

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Actualize Station, Mess Hall

Kasumi watched as Fress left the mess hall. She knew that Fress didn't like the chance in Lasso either, but there was more to it than just a change. There was almost quality in him that made him seem that he knew it all, and that was one that she had seen before in him...and one that had almost gotten him killed. Then there was the torture, on the Force knew what that had done to him. Kasumi looked around at the people in the mess hall, sure they had become more used to her, but there were still some stares, nods in her direction, and looks of awe. It began to make her uncomfortable, so Kasumi got up and left.

She returned to her wandering around the hall ways. She managed to find a nice quiet corridor. It was darkened just enough and she could see the stars. What she wouldn't give to talk to Yoda, or her brother.

"You are right to be concerned."

Kasumi smiled a bit as, as always, Aayla came to talk with her.

"Master, I don't understand the Sith and what his role is in this. I don't understand why the kingdom of Jod could not reach...all of the Jedi in time...if they knew of the existence of such evil."

"What happened to us, was the will of the Force. Yes, it caused great pain to all, you, Fress, and the babies that have now since grown."

"Luke and Leia."

"Yes, they will need your help.....remember that."

"My help? but I'm here....how....."

Kasumi went turn to Aayla and saw that she was gone. And again the information that was given to her was something that made her think about what the Force was doing and why she was here. She pulled out one of her flutes and held it in her hand. She smiled thinking about her brother.....and how they would play together. She could swear she could almost hear him through the Force on Alderaan playing his flute....and then she joined in....hearing what she could echoing in her memory.

Begin Music

Pictures of Alderaan began to dance in her mind. The sounds of nature there, the sounds of laughter from people passing by each other, the smile of her brother, and the smile she was able to see on a small Leia's face. Her laughing, and growing up, being loved so much not just by Organa, but all those around. There was power there in her eyes, one that reminded Kasumi of Padme. She remembered her smile and her almost military like quick wit and mind. Leia no doubt had those.

Kasumi remembered the laughter of the temple and the younglings. Them running up and down the halls, with Masters yelling at them to stop. She remembered the times Aayla would appear to know her better than she knew herself. She remembered the battles they had been in together, the losses of men that they had suffered together, and then the separation of Order 66.
    Kasumi remembered the nights that she thought Yoda was asleep and she would sit and just let the tears fall, knowing that she was a lone and that she could never return home because she would be hunted by Vader. It was then that she would always feel that reassuring hand on her shoulder letter her know that it was ok to let the pain go and it was ok to cry. She learned so much from Master Yoda, and then left again for her safety and his, and found a new home on Endor.

Her thought went to the thick forests there and her friends. How the light of the sun would be filtered out by the trees, and make the forest floor look almost like a majestic place. One that you would hear about in stories and legends. She remembered Romba, Logray, and the little ones. She loved the sound of their laughter and playing, and could not wait to return to Endor again and be there for the village once again.

As images of her past both happy and sad went through her mind, she continued to play, letting the images all play out like a movie. With it, letting the emotions in and dealing with them and letting them go again, as she had been told to do many times before. She had to be ready for what ever was asked of her next, and this was the best way for her to do it.

End Music

Tag: anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.