1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Charlie Watertin (NPC)
    Hanger Bay, Johnny Boy corridors, Actualize Station

At this particular moment in time, Charlie---who preferred the name Charles---was Boatswain, Deck Hand, and---once again---security. While he preferred the deck work to that of a security detail, he was it for the security station---at least anyone with common sense. Duck, as everyone called him, was about as smart, well you could avoid the "smart" connection, as nothing. Charles was pretty sure he could best the man even on his worst drinking days and right now, it was very bad. The work had slowed down to a halt for the night and what Jod workers remained were packing up shop, the Mercs' droid security force was taking positions and starting evening patrols.

And Charles was their leader. Poor metal fools. Charles mumbled a song through a drunken dance along the corridor.

Charles watched as the last drop of rum dripped from his flask and onto his tongue and he stumbled along a corridor, mumbling the last sentences of the song he had been singing the whole way, before collapsing onto the floor. When not passed out, Charles was the best sailor any space-faring vessel could ask or. Problem was, finding him not passed out. Again, that would not be the case tonight.

TBC
    OOG: Falling asleep at computer. Eh.... [face_plain]
    Last edited by Bravo, May 10, 2013
  2. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Hutt's Scuttle, Skip One

Havah simply shifted at the 'leaders' words and waited. They would stay as a group for now, especially as he noted the odd motions to their arrival from one of the booths. He took that the spoon-bender felt something as well since she didn't move away from the entrance either.

The one fellow seemed to be keeping a gun totters twist, while the other strode straight to their 'leader' of this foolish yet needed errand. Letting his own hand rest at the butt of his blaster he listened as the kid spoke up. "Back booth for hopefuls." Raising a hand as a casual salute to the man he put words to motion as he headed back, one hand still resting on his blaster as he kept the remaining bother that had taken more then a passing glance steadily in the corner of his vision.

TAG: JediFalcon, Coffee_Ninja, @kommando104
  3. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    IC: Fress Colias
    Hutts Scuttle

"Hello. My name is Cain, Cain Varss, and from the brief information I gleaned from that poster," he pointed, indicating the one in her hand, "I assume you are hiring. What is the outfit?"

Fress paused for a second before she had a chance to finish putting up the poster. Before she could answer Jeth spoke up quickly.

"Back booth for hopefuls."

Fress gave a slight grin and nodded in agreement. “We plan to talk with everyone in the back booth. Why don’t you wait there and we’ll be with you in a few minutes,” she said as she walked to the billboards and hung the poster. She noted that Jeth didn’t bother to go to the back table and waited for her instead. That man was stubborn.

Fress looked off to the side and noted someone was watching them causing her to use caution. She glanced at Jeth and nodded off to the side hoping he would clue in that they were being watched.

Fress walked back to Havah and pointed towards the back booth. “Shall we?”

@Mitth_Fisto, @Coffee_Ninja, @kommando104, @Bravo
    Last edited by JediFalcon, May 11, 2013
  4. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Baille Hart, Agent Mitch Nifesta, Alpha-3 Nimbus V-Wing, and the Darth Unlucky cruiser
    Locations: Planet Flitter, Tierfon system

Baille switched her attention between her readouts giving the distance back to the nearest missile chasing her towards the ground, and the green and grey landscape rushing up to her.

Levelling out would give the projectile a jump on her, as it wouldn't have to use the same angle as her, but could adjust its course depending on where she was, but unless her plan was to plunge into the ground like a meteorite, she had no choice.

She hit the switch to unfold her rear s-foils which she was chagrined to see reduced the distance back to the missile, then just as she was about to pull out of the dive, she changed course slightly and applied the break flaps, squares of metal levering out of her craft's hull to catch the air buffetting over her V-Wing's nose and lines, slowing her speed drastically.

The black and white pole that was the missile accelerated past as her descent slowed, the orange fire from the exhaust blackening part of her canopy, almost obscuring the sight of bright green lances of laser fire spearing down past her from somewhere behind her.

"What in the-?"

"Do you think you could get out of the way?" She heard the twi'lek's annoyed tones over her comlink, "I'm trying to shoot these damned things."

"You're still here?" She returned, rolling her fighter to the side and levelling out at the same time, the ground visible above her as she sped along at tree-top level, upside down.

The V-Wing rolled right-side-up at the first opportunity.

Baille felt relief flood through her at the realisation that she had not been abandoned. That and something else.

She wasn't alone. Which was all she had felt since the rest of the Ravens had been killed by the male TIE squadrons over Commenor's moon.

Even running to the Empire had failed because of the story Colonel Thaw had put out about her being a rebel.

"Thanks for not abandoning me."

"You're an agent."

"Understood." Maybe she needed something to be part off. "You were hitting that missile perfectly; why wasn't it exploding?"

"Shielded."

Shielded?! Her piddly little twin-laser cannon had no chance if the cruiser's larger guns were having no effect.

"From your silence, I am guess ing that you have heard better news in your time."

That made her smile. She could see on her TFS - Terrain Following Sensors, that a dry riverbed was coming up, and banked right between the riverside trees to speed along it, following its course. "Well yeah. Now, am I delivering these drugs to a pharmacist, or what? Cos I'm not going to have time to land, get out, run back to the cargo hatch, have the guy running the place sign my invoice clipboard, run back to the cockpit, and take off again. And you know why?"

"You do not have an invoice clipboard?"

Oh yeah! Baille checked her rear scanners. Still being chased. "NO! It's because there is a drokking great missile chasing me!"

"You're lucky; I have four chasing me!"

Not that it hadn't been exciting doing patrols at Commenor, but that had been about maintaining a presence in-system, and the relationships with the other girls.

This, where she could look out the left side of her canopy and see the light blue sky, and looking right, see the clear shallow waters of the stream less than two dozen metres away, had that beaten hands down.

The tree-lines cleared, and she was able to level out, flying over the bare rock and sand.

dee-dee-dee-dee

Practised reflexes had her jinking her Alpha-3 to port to evade a bright lozenge of blue-white energy zipping up from the ground in front of her, then the fighter shuddered around her in response to a shockwave hitting her from behind.

"You're all clear, Kid. Ground-to-air fire knocked your missile's shields offline, and I finished it off."

Baille felt relief flood through her. It had been looking quite dicey there. "I am going to circle back and land. See if I can find and thank whoever saved my bacon."

"Copy that. Use caution. And see if they know where everyone is."

Tag: no-one
  5. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    OOG: My below idea comes from, I believe, the movie Eraser (1996).

IC: Jason Lasso / "Two Thumbs" (NPC)
    Cockpit, Luck's Gamble, hyperspace

Lasso thought long and hard at Taab's direct approach to solving the problem, looking first evenly at Taab as their eyes met, then looking off to the blue tunnel of hyperspace. While, from a logical point of view, Taab's assessment of Two Thumbs and his solution was perfectly reasonable, considering they were in the Rim, already wanted criminals, and the solution would leave a very hard trail to follow if Taab did it right...which Lasso had a cold feeling Taab had such an experience in doing. "If we dump his body in space, how does that make us different from the Empire? I see your logic, Taab, and if I were a man of more resolve to do what needed to be done, I would agree with your statement. But I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I killed him. And I would be far more the coward if I allowed you to do it, since it would have been my order. If he wanted to kill me---or you---he had his chance and instead he hesitated. Which, shows me, he isn't a killer my nature. If I am wrong, you can tell me so when I'm six feet under."

For a long moment, Lasso starred off to hyperspace, trying to come up with an idea. Then, "Mortuary," Lasso said, looking back to Taab, "I'm sure the Sector Rangers or someone along those liens has a Witness Protection program. We should be able to break in, find a body double to match Two Thumbs or find the technology to make it work, and drop the body and briefcase off, minus the credits a course. We probably could make a double of the book, too, if need be. I'm sure the Sector Rangers have to have some form of outposts or sector offices to assist their headquarters. You have any dealings with the Sector Rangers in the past to give evidence that the Rangers have the capabilities we'll need?"

Before Taab could answer, the alarms beeped and after the two adjusted for what they knew was coming, the Luck's Gamble drooped out of hyperspace in front of Port Haven. In front of them, two familiar starfighters had beaten them to the location.

Lasso flipped the comm switch to the two starfighters, "Looks like you want to talk more," Jason said matter-of-factly, "Haven's Water. Twenty minutes. We'll talk details there."

Jason looked back to Taab, "If anyone can figure out who Two Thumbs really is, it'll be Port Haven. We'll find out really quickly whether your spacing idea was the right course of action."

TAG @Bardan_Jusik, @GenOochy, @KraytDragon90
    Last edited by Bravo, May 12, 2013
  6. kommando104 Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: Cain Varss
    Hutt's Scuttle, Skip One, Smuggler's Run

Cain was looking at the redhead intently expecting a response, trying not to look weak and waver. While she was formulating one, the male of the group butted in.

"Back booth for hopefuls."

Cain was almost taken aback, almost, but his composure remained. He figured the albino for the strong silent type, but there was nothing silent in his tone. Potential threat if this is not the right outfit.

“We plan to talk with everyone in the back booth. Why don’t you wait there and we’ll be with you in a few minutes,” said the redhead. Her words eased him a bit, mostly because her request was more reasonable and polite. Though politeness just makes it easier to stab you in the back. She shifted attention toward the albino and moved closer. “Shall we?”

Cain took in his surroundings again. Book had not followed up until that point. He was not sure why, maybe Book was nervous or just intimidated Cain's boldness. Either way, Cain didn't care, he'd let the redhead know what he knew about Book.

Cain moved to the redhead, still assuming she was the leader of the group. He started talking in a hushed tone that only she could hear,or so he hoped in a loud an crowded bar, trying not to indicate or motion toward Sal so he would not know. "That guy at the bar, he's the one that told me a group called the Mercs would be around the bar areas. I stopped in here before he approached me for information and his information found me. This could be a coincidence, and he has not show to be ill-tempered or devious, but I've known him for all of 20 minutes. He told me his name was Sal Book. That's what I know. He claims to want a job too." Cain tried to make the long string of information fast, but it would be hard to convince the apparently observant Sal Book of that. "I'll head to the both," Cain said with a slight nod. He found the booth and sat down leaving some room for the others.

Tag: @JediFalcon, @Bravo, @Mitth_Fisto, @Coffee_Ninja
  7. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Hutts Scuttle

"That guy at the bar, he's the one that told me a group called the Mercs would be around the bar areas. I stopped in here before he approached me for information and his information found me. This could be a coincidence, and he has not show to be ill-tempered or devious, but I've known him for all of 20 minutes. He told me his name was Sal Book. That's what I know. He claims to want a job too." Cain tried to make the long string of information fast, but it would be hard to convince the apparently observant Sal Book of that. "I'll head to the both,”

Fress frowned as her hand brushed up against her blaster again. She could sense the other’s eyes on her. It made her feel somewhat uneasy and edgy. Something about the name just screamed alias to her and something else was there but she couldn’t quite place the feelings. She did sense his alarm through the Force when he saw Havah which only caused her suspicions. She didn’t voice her suspicions to Havah. She wanted to see his reaction first to Book. She walked up beside Kasumi and indicated Book with a slight nod. “Keep an eye on him. I sense something from him but I can’t quite place the feelings. Almost like mixed emotions," she whispered for Kasumi's ears alone.

@Bravo, @Mitth_Fisto, @Coffee_Ninja, @kommando104
    Last edited by JediFalcon, May 13, 2013
  8. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Nate Legnash, Sergeant Vestor, Captain Yavscout, Delicate Delinquent bow compartment
    Location: Hyperspace, four Standard hours out from Port Haven

Nate was glad he did not have vertigo, as he wandered along the top level of the gantries and platforms that were at the sides of the huge chamber, overlooking the spherical shield generators.

How these two, and their ten friends elsewhere in the ship, were not enough to deflect turbolaser fire, was a mystery to him.

There was an astromech down there, its little radar on a stick spinning slowly, trying to detect this apparent locator beacon.
    To be truthful, Nate was beginning to doubt it even existed.

Hey!

The call from Sergeant Vestor, standing several metres away from him at the platform edge, and holding a length of synthrope, startled the ex-Imperial ot of his observations.

Stop day-dreaming! We’ve got a sweep to finish!

“S-sorry Sergeant.” Nate looked back at the thick metal pipes above his head, and shone the light from his portable lumi into the shadows, trying to see if there was something that did not belong.

His job was at least preferable to one of the Mercs who was actually crawling around amongst the pipes, whilst even their commander, the elf, was planning to check those ceiling pipes that were over empty air, and was tying the other end of Vestor’s rope around his Go Suit.

Look, I can just Levitate myself, and I’ll be fine.” Yav was insisting, as he wrapped the length round his waist, and started tying a knot at the front.

Have you seen that drop?” Vestor challenged, his tone annoyed.

Of course.” The agent was not fazed by the sight.

Believe it or not, there are people who would have my nuts if I let you try it without some kind of fail-safe.

“Plus, you are the captain.” Nate called over. “If you don’t observe basic health and safety, what incentive is there for others to do the same. Officers lead by example.”

Not Merc officers.” Yav retorted, “One of ours ran in front of a manned tank to distract it from me tossing a grenade in. Basic health and safety says, frag that sith.

Tag: anyone helping on the DD
  9. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Rav Cater
    The Hutt’s Scuttle, Skip One, Smuggler's Run

"Sal Book" let his new found bar friend do the introducing while he waited a few steps behind, watching the Arkanian as causally and as intensely as he could, while flicking his glance to the woman leader with the poster and the other woman whom looked like she would fit better with a group of Jedi then a group of mercenaries. Two women and a man, Rav thought as he slowly started to take steps their direction, Either the man is lucky or the Mercs have put the female gender in the power circles of mercenaries...which, is rare. Very, very rare. Pirates have enough superstitions of women on a voyage...did mercenaries not share those same superstitions?

Walking closer, Rav could see Cain spelling the beans on Rav Cater. Was the man a fool? Rav Cater hadn't become one of the best ship thieves because he knew how to pick locks...he became one of the best ship thieves because he knew how to read lips and body language. Not to mention how to navigate the Black Market, Criminal Underground, the galaxy in terms of direction and know-how, "street" smarts, and the language of the Rim. And, lastly, he had a good blaster draw, aim, and was quiet on his feet with a decent assortment of hand-to-hand ability. If being a criminal, a good at your job criminal, required so many life and practical skills, some college should have a degree for it already...if not a Masters-level degree. Being college smart was one thing...being smart against a living was something else all together.

As each step took Rav closer to Cain and the three Mercs, he had to force his hand away from his blaster with effort; while none of the three standing there had been there that day in the Low Security Hanger Bay on Port Haven, maybe except for the Arkanian if memory was serving or failing him at the moment, Rav Cater was nonetheless nervous. It were the Mercs---as an organization----that had cost him his life and sent him into the service of the Hutts. While "Mr. Red" and the Hutts turned out to be his saviors was a certain death at the hands of his former pirate employers for his failure, the term death took on a whole new meaning under the rule of the Hutts. Here he was, faced with the job of a lifetime that would set him up for success and promotions within the Hutts...and if he failed, the same job of a lifetime would turn out to be his death. On the flip side of that coin, the Mercs could be a fresh start away from the Hutts. Every step, his indecision grew. Every step, he---

Suddenly, he was near them---the Arkanian and the human female who looked more at peace with a lightsaber then with a group of mercenaries---and cleared his throat, "My friend up there by the booth with your leader and I are looking for work. I hear you landed some time ago and are the Mercs. If my homeless friend is correct at the docking bay where you landed, I'm interested in a job. If you have one. You name it, I can do it. Hired blaster, ship's crew...even known to be able to put my hands to repairing starfighters or shuttles once in a while and on a day you don't mind sub-standard, I can fill in for the cook if he or she is sick. The name is Sal Book. Like everyone else here on the Rim, looking to survive to tomorrow. So, you are the Mercs, right?"

TAG @Coffee_Ninja, @Mitth_Fisto, @JediFalcon, @kommando104
    Last edited by Bravo, May 13, 2013
  10. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Chris Streets
    Heaven's Den Cantina / Prime Idiot , Skip One

Chris held up an halting hand gesture when he noticed a prime watering hole on this rock, the Heaven's Den Cantina. Walking inside he headed to the bar and pulling out a sheet of flimsie filled out the blank portion for where to indicate Hutt's Scuttle for Merc Applications being interviewed. Inquire further within stated location. Sliding a credit chit to the bar tender he nodded before posting it at the end of the bar. Without waiting to see the reaction he motioned the Mando to move along back out of the establishment.

When they shortly arrived at the Prime Idiot they found the local somewhat as Chris had expected. It looked like most of the booths had privacy filters that could blur the visual and mute the sound from the occupants not at a table. Those that were not in use tended to show either those more interested in the gambling or those that seemed to be nursing a drink as they waited for business. The map on the wall was simplistic for the layout, but the over abundance of the privacy tables and gaming tables had made this facility somewhat of a double feature.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Looking over at the bar and surrounding areas he simply nodded as he felt his pad vibrate. Business was starting. Checking the names he handed the pad over to the Mando. "Let's see what you know about background checks. Hopefully more than piloting skills." Streets muttered with a large smile on his face before walking to the bar to get a drink. If the kid had any problems he trusted the Mando would know to seek his help before things got out of hand.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, @Whitelight, @Those in Hutt's Scuttle, Bravo
  11. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Jim Palso
    Level Four, Bow compartment, Delicate Delinquent

The smuggling Captain hadn't heard anything from Yav---maybe his comlink was malfunctioning? Taking the soldier's last statements of destination from the comlink call, Palso reached level four of the hanger bay first. Finding no Yav', he asked several Jod soldiers standing guard detail and found himself in the bow compartment of the Imperial warship. He entered, upon passing security questions from two Jod soldiers on the other side of the door standing sentry, and heard the elf Captain's reply to something he didn't get here in time to hear.

Not Merc officers.” Yav retorted, “One of ours ran in front of a manned tank to distract it from me tossing a grenade in. Basic health and safety says, frag that sith.

"If he dies," Palso joked, scrolling onto the scene with a sense of confidence, "I get his command and the ship. Having a ship like this with the capability to pull ships out of hyperspace," Palso whistled, "I could turn pirate and make a killing on the profit."

TAG @Sith-I-5, @CPL_Macja
    Last edited by Bravo, May 14, 2013
  12. Intervention Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    IC: Jeff
    Top Secret Underground Complex, The Organization, Corellia

"And what do you want out of it?" Jeff asked, turning from the console station that sat in the "Command Box" overlooking the command center of The Organization below, "We've already made an alliance with the Kingdom of Jod in terms of limited manpower and resources and the sharing of intelligence."

Rick Taller steamed in frustration from his hover chair, "What do I want!? I already said, manpower, ships, resources---"

"No," Jeff said flatly, "You want something. And I know what it is."

"You do?" Taller replied sarcastically, "A Corellian is at the head of the Mercs now and all you will do to help him is give our war effort a logistical boost? So much for protecting Corellian interests."

"Watch your company," Jeff responded coldly, "And your tongue. We protect Corellians, not stupidity. The Death Star has destroyed Alderaan and is now hours away from the Rebel Base on Yavin 4 and even if we mustered all our contacts, favors, and resources in the sector and local region, we still couldn't get enough ships together in time to destroy that battle station. And that's assuming those we contact agree to a suicide mission in the first place. Even the Queen herself from the Kingdom of Jod refuses to send any of her warships to the Death Star, seeing it as a death trap for all. The Rebel Alliance is lost, Taller, and with it the hope for freedom of the galaxy and any return of the Jedi Order. Now, we are scrambling at the last moment to get what resources in place we can to destroy Project Zero. At least that way, we'll only have to worry about a planet destroying battle station, not a planet destroying battle station and Palpatine having access to unlimited energy and the safe haven of the Kingdom of Jod's secure boarders for the Empire to build whatever warships they want in relative safety from attack. Better to hold off annihilation for as long as we can, verses letting Palpatine have us all in one giant swoop of the game board.

"So I ask again, Taller, whatdo you want from us? Is it that woman from Watava?"

Taller was suddenly struck as if he had seen a ghost, "How do you know about her?"

"She was Corellian, Taller."

Taller looked off to the side, the news of Watava's destruction at the hands of a Base Delta Zero from the Empire was still fresh in his mind. As was her....the only woman he had ever loved. And now, she was dead.

Jeff's voice broke him from his silent horror, "We have reason to believe she's alive, Rick."

Taller looked at him as if the man had just insulted his mother, "If this is a trick to insult a old man, your a sick and----"

"It's not," Jeff cut in, "While Watava's destruction was as unpredictable as anything we've ever seen---no communication, official or otherwise between Imperial Fleet and Imperial Army elements until mere hours before the attack and at that, orders were simply withdraw from the planet----once we got wind of Imperial units leaving, we contacted what agents we had planet side. There was no way we could get her off the planet, not with the Imperial Navy still blockading the planet and security as tight as a drum with Imperial units in a state of controlled withdraw, but we did have other means. While the Jod's House of Royal Intelligence and us have never truly seen eye to eye, we appreciate the value of corporation to save organic life. The Jod had a Sentinel-class Patrol Craft in the area with a Naval Reconnaissance Trooper detachment. They went in, retrieved her, and last we heard, the Sentinel was playing cat and mouse with several Imperial warships in the region that had spotted her fiery escape off planet. However, our sources tell us that they're headed here to Corellia."

"She was an agent with you all?" Taller asked in disbelief.

"Where else do you think she learned how to fire a blaster the way she does?"

Taller smirked at the memory of the two of them shooting blasters together. She was a good shot, better then most. He looked at Jeff squarely, "Okay, so what do I want? Revenge against the Empire for almost killing her. And I want the Mercs to be safe."

Jeff smiled, "You see, the truth is so much easier to handle, isn't it? But it'll come at a cost, Taller," the man's face was suddenly dark and forbidding, "The Organization highly doubts the survival of the Rebellion after today. So the question becomes, what can you give us to ensure that shifting resources and not just logistics to this Project Zero is the right thing to do for us? Because, if we loose Project Zero too, Corellia will need all of her defenses and her defense is us. So what gain, if any, does Corellia get? You get your girl...but what do we get?"

"Quite the profiteer, for someone who is supposed to be on The Council for this coming Shadow War."

"We're realists, Taller," Jeff said, "Prophecy can only sell our investors on so much. So we're simply protecting our assets."

"So what do you want?" Taller asked.

"A book," Jeff said, "That is currently in the hands of your successor, Jason Lasso. Or so it would seem at least from the scattered reports we're getting from Bespin at the moment. A man known as Rusty "Two Thumbs" McWilliams had a briefcase that belonged to the ISB. From what we understand, Williams made a hasty escape from a deal with a corrupt lord from Palpatine's own Imperial Court. The escape involved the Mercs assisting and McWilliams last seen boarding their shuttle during the escape. That briefcase is of priceless importance to us."

"Why?" Taller asked.

"Because, among a particular treasure sought after by Palpatine himself contained within the book, it contains the last hope the galaxy has against the Empire if the Death Star takes out the Rebellion. And a much needed added resource if the Rebellion somehow survives the Death Star."

"And what hope or resource is that?" Taller asked.

Jeff smiled, "Sorry, Taller, but some secrets stay just that: secrets. Bring us the book. I will arrange for the resources."

"Why can't you just go ask Lasso for the book if he has it?" Taller asked.

"Because, if we let the Empire in on the fact that we're assisting the Mercs and protecting Lasso, we put Corellia at risk. And that is something we cannot do. The ISB and Palpatine's own agents and spies have a vested interest in that briefcase, which means anything we do will be highlighted even more so and a possible link to Corellia could be found. We will need to stay as quiet and as out of sight as we can."

Taller smirked, "So you send the wanted criminal with no legs as the sorry lad to do such errand and receive the wraith of the Empire and Emperor if I fail?"

"Pretty much," Jeff said, smiling, "Your starting to understand politics."

"There's a reason why I'm not a politician," Taller replied.

The unsaid statement that the Orginzation couldn't trust such a powerful book in the hands of Jason Lasso was clearly taken by Taller. After all, the book was safer with a secret spy organization that didn't exist, verses a wanted mercenary group by the Empire.

NO TAG
    Last edited by Intervention, May 14, 2013
    Sith-I-5 likes this.
  13. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    IC: Seira Trasks
    Heavens Den

Seira Trasks watched as a Chiss walked to the wall and placed what looked like applications on the bill board then left out of the catina just as quickly as he entered. She frowned as she glanced at Maya then stood up. She was curious about the flyers, it could mean work. She headed over to the billboard and picked up a couple of flimsy’s and read it. She grinned noting they were looking for pilots to fill a squadron for the Mercs. She heard about this Merc group, which meant almost near steady work.

Seira grabbed two applications, one for Maya incase she wanted to go for it. She headed back to the table noting the interviews were at the Hutt’s scuttle. She placed a flimsy in front of Maya with a grin. “Looks like the Mercs are hiring pilots. I’m going to see if I can get an interview. You wanna come?”

Hutts Scuttle

Fress came to a stop at the booth and placed a flimsy application in front of Cain and gave a slight smile. “You think you have what it takes to be in my squadron?” She questioned with a feral grin. “We’ll see about that. We occasionally go on ground missions as well as flying escort and dog fights. Depends on where our skills are needed the most. Pay is per mission,” she placed a pen on the table top. “How good are you at flying a fighter? How well can you handle a blaster? Hand to hand combat? Any military experience is a bonus. Boosting about skills is one thing. Showing me your skills in battle is what I’m more interested in.”

Fress sat down in the booth as she watched Cain intently hoping to make him sweat. She enjoyed this part of the interview. If he had something to hide, he would mess up at some point. “Mr. Varss, tell me about yourself, your skills and how you feel you will fit with the Job criteria.”

Fress sat back as she reached into her pocket and produced a pen recorder and hit record. For voice recognition, part of the back ground checks. She sent a quick note to Chris’s comlink about the two applicants.

Background checks on Sal Book and Cain Varss. Sal Book sounds like an alias. He may have carefully altered files. She hit send as she waited for Cain’s answers.

@Bravo, @kommando104, @Coffee_Ninja, @Mitth_Fisto, @Bardan_Jusik, @Whitelight
    Last edited by JediFalcon, May 15, 2013
  14. kommando104 Jedi Knight

star 1

Cain saw Book talking, but he was not interested in what he had to say. Cain had found what he was after and he full attention was on that. Cain was about to respond but before he could the redhead cut him off with no room to answer. She's an eager one. She placed some flimsy and pen in front of him. Well I guess I am in the right place...what other outfit in this part of space is going to actually make me fill out an application. She finally finished speaking to him.

"That is quite a few questions to remember," said Cain, "but I think I can keep up," he grinned and began filling out the flimsy while he began his oral examination. "My primary skills are in flying. For the past three years I have been flying a Z-95 Headhunter running protection for freighters out here in the Outer Rim independently. Before that I was a squadron leader in the Imperial Navy for 5 years flying TIE fighters, a flight leader for a year prior to that. The promotion came after my first squadron leader was vaped. I also had a year of command training for capital ships but I was quickly reallocated because of my temper. Before my...change in career path, I was trained to be a comms officer. My fleet was stationed at the end of the Hydian Way, around Mustafar and Rutan, the 135th Outer Rim Fleet, and if you know anything about that sector of space, you know it is a hotbed for pirate activity. It's considered one of the more dangerous postings for TIE pilots. That's why they placed me there, in fact. Not because I was a hotshot or anything, but rather because they wanted me out of the way in the Outer Rim. I think they were also counting on my death occurring before my tour of duty was up, but as you can plainly see," Cain, said, pausing for a moment and gesturing towards himself, "I disappointed them. I left after that."

Cain paused again for a moment and gathered his thoughts. "I am a good shot with a blaster but my combat training is limited to bar shootouts, and the same goes for hand to hand. Most of my experience with hand to hand is in bars and in alleyways, though I have been involved in both actions on a regular basis since my mid teens, and I am almost 30 now, so 14 years or so experience in bar fights and shootouts. A particular skill I posses that you might be interested in is sniping. While I've never shot at humans before long distance, I was an avid hunter in my youth and I have good stalking abilities and shooting abilities. I have a Dressellian projectile rifle in my ship just for that purpose." Cain paused again with a slightly cocky grin on his face. "So, to summarize, I am exactly the kind of person you want in your outfit." Cain handed the flimsy back to the redhead all filled out. "Now, I did not happen to catch your name."

Tag: @Bravo, @JediFalcon, @Coffee_Ninja, @Bardan_Jusik, @Mitth_Fisto
    Last edited by kommando104, May 15, 2013
  15. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 10
    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Luck's Gamble

Taab listened impatiently to the Captain's idea. It wasn't half bad, but it missed the point. Taab felt that good ol' Two Thumbs was a liability, not an asset. He was a threat to the Skipper and needed to be taken out. Taab mentally shrugged though he gave no outward reaction. If the Skipper wanted him alive, well Taab had given his recommendation, anything beyond that was on the Captain. Still he would keep a T-Visor on him and at the slightest hint of betrayal, wouldn't hesitate to put a bolt through his brain pan.

Port Haven loomed in front of them through the small vessel's transparisteel cockpit. "It's your call Skipper." Now Taab did shrug, "As for the Rangers I have worked with them...and been pursued by them in the past. They are professional but pretty arrogant about who and what they are. They would have what we need." He tought about Two Thumbs locked up in the aft section of the ship, "but getting in and out might not be worth the effort."

The bolo-ball was again in the Skipper's zone, and though Taab probably wouldn't like the answer he would do his best to keep his primary contract, Jason Lasso, alive and well.

TAG: @Bravo

IC: Atin Taab
    Prime Idiot, Skip 1

Atin followed behind Streets, watching impatiently as he posted the recruitment flimsi in the Heaven's Den. Atin wasn't happy with being relegated to background check duty. He wanted to be in on where the real action was not left behind doing the paperwork. Street must have felt the same way as he handed off the datapad to him. "Let's see what you know about background checks. Hopefully more than piloting skills."

Atin's eyes flashed behind his T-Visor as he exclaimed. "Got your shebs (backside) here in one piece, didn't I?" But the man was already headed off to the bar and Atin wasn't sure if he had heard him. Atin made his own way upstairs taking a position near on the upper level of the cantina. He looked down over the railing, as if observing everything below him like a jai'galaar (shriek-hawk) on its perch looking for prey. At least that was the impression he wanted to give everyone else in the Prime Idiot.

It seemed to work as the various spacer's there gave him a wide berth. Clad in his beskar'gam (Mandalorian armor), Atin looked like a bounty hunter on a job. Given that most had a natural aversion to bounty hunters, it made his solitude understandable. It also made his work easier.

He looked down at the datapad taking note of the two names. He didn't recognize either of them, and to be honest wasn't surprised by that. He wasn't as plugged in to things as his father was. He linked up with the Crusader's main computer via a link in his buy'ce (helmet) and started running the background checks. First he entered both their names into a series of civilian databases, hoping to run down some basic information. He knew those searches would take a while to compile so while they worked in the background he did some additional digging.

Atin went looking for any open bounties on the candidates. It was an easy thing for him to do, and it came naturally to him now after years at his father's side, but it was also was a dead end. There were no outstanding bounties on either. Atin wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not but he moved on to criminal checks anyway. Books name still didn't make an appearance there, but Varss did. Atin scrolled through the entries on the HUD of his buy'ce. Mostly minor stuff from when he was younger, nothing that should preclude him from getting a job, even a legitimate one. But the last entry stood out. The man was AWOL from the Imperial Navy!

That brought him to his next set of checks, against military records. These were things that normally would be difficult to acquire, but his father's name still had some cache with elder members of the Imperial Military, via the Crusader, Atin was quickly granted access. Varrs record scrolled rapidly across Atin's HUD. He didn't take the time to read it all, but it was readily apparent to him that the man could back up a claim that he belonged with the Mercs. There were a number of disciplinary issues there as well but maybe that was why the Empire hadn't cared that he left their employ a bit early. Atin doubted that would disqualify him from service aboard the Johnny Boy. If anything it would probably be a plus.

Atin messaged Fress back that Varrs had checked out, along with the information he had found on him. Books was still drawing a blank though. Maybe Fress was right that the name was an alias. Or maybe he had done well to stay above the law and had never served. It was then that a ping in his bucket alerted him that his initial search was complete. The one on Varrs just confirmed what Atin already knew, while the one on Books finally gave him some useful information. He was a freighter hand, looking for work here on the Run ever since his son had died in some sort of speeder bus accident a few years ago. Atin amended his report on Varrs and sent off what he had found out about Books as well. It looked to him as though they had both checked out, but he would let those above his pay grade make the final determination on that.

TAG: @JediFalcon, @Mitth_Fisto

[IMG]
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, May 15, 2013
    Sith-I-5 likes this.
  16. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    IC: Fress Colias alias Kasha Sherland
    Hutts Scuttle

"Now, I did not happen to catch your name."

Fress gave a smile and shook her head wondering if she should give her real name or her alias. Considering where they were, she decided on her alias for now. “I didn’t give it,” she answered with a slight grin as her comlink beeped. She glanced down and scrolled through the information for both. Seems Cains story checked out, but Book seemed a bit more of a mystery which only caused a red flag to rise in the back of her mind.

Good work, thanks Atin. Fress quickly sent back.

Fress wasn’t sure if giving her alias away even was a good idea. In the smuggler world the name Sherland had become almost as popular as Colias nearly twenty years ago. And it was only because she worked for CorSec. “It’s Kasha Sherland. It sounds like you have the criteria of what we’re looking for. Go ahead and sign your life away if you feel you can keep pace with a veteran Clone Wars Squadron Leader.”

@kommando104, @Mitth_Fisto, @Bravo, @Coffee_Ninja , @Bardan_Jusik
    Last edited by JediFalcon, May 15, 2013
  17. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Jason Lasso / "Two Thumbs" (NPC)
    Cockpit, Luck's Gamble, landing at Port Haven

"It's your call Skipper." Now Taab did shrug, "As for the Rangers I have worked with them...and been pursued by them in the past. They are professional but pretty arrogant about who and what they are. They would have what we need." He tought about Two Thumbs locked up in the aft section of the ship, "but getting in and out might not be worth the effort."

Lasso knew Taab meant Two Thumbs and the more his Chief of Security pressed the issue, the more Lasso was inclined to agree with Taab. Which was a problem if Lasso held his course in keeping Two Thumbs alive...because, was keeping Two Thumbs alive the right thing to do?

For some time, Lasso was silent, until they grew closer to Port Haven and a landing spot---in a Low Security Public Hanger---gave the shuttle's landing struts something to push against and hold. "If we kill him, like I said, I wouldn't be able to live with myself," Lasso said, starting the shut down sequence, "And if I let you kill him, while my hands are clean, my conscious would not be. And what type of leader am I if let my crew do the dirty work? Furthermore, if we kill him, someone---probably from Bespin---will alert whatever Imperial Fleet vessel sent to investigate why a ISB Corvette was destroyed, and the Empire will track us down until they have the briefcase, even if we sold it or lost it, since we'll be the last ones seen with Two Thumbs alive. If we let him live and keep him locked up here at Port Haven, you know as well as I do that if smugglers know about this Shadow Port, so do bounty hunters. He'll talk----he's shown that much already---if pushed to save his own skin. Then, with briefcase in our hands, we'll have the Empire on us all over again, which would put us right back where we were at before Captain Taller decided to retire. And if we let him live and come with us, we risk the Empire tracking us still. But, if we let him live and do a decent enough job of faking his death, we leave the Empire a fool---"

Lasso suddenly broke off---a unshakable feeling in his limited Force abilities---unstrapped his crash webbing, and un-clipping his holster with his S-5 blaster pistol, marched back into the cargo bay where Two Thumbs was locked up. By now, Lasso had his blaster pistol out and was facing Two Thumbs. "Untie him and let him speak," Lasso ordered' when the Devaronian hesitated, his gaze drifting back to Taab that Lasso could feel standing behind and flanking him, Jason repeated the order, "Untie him and let him speak. Now."

With his mouth unclogged and his chains off, Lasso raised the S-5, pointed it at Two Thumbs, and fired. The blast rocked into his left shoulder with a violent result, the heavy blaster bolt slamming the man backwards against the deck. The slicer groaned in pain as he held his shoulder and got up, wincing as he did, but deciding to face death face-to-face then be a coward.

"I have a problem, Two Thumbs," Lasso said, keeping the blaster trained on the slicer, "My Chief of Security says we should off you because you tried to kill me. Which, in cold logic, I can't ignore his recommendation.And I would believe in second chances, but something I can't quite place in this whole thing. You said you broke into the ISB Headquarters...how, even with a Imperial Lord's access codes, did you do that? The truth please, because the next shot won't miss. Trust me."

The man suddenly started to laugh, "You fools! The Empire will be here in moments! A whole fleet! You think you can out-think the Empire?"

The man was still laughing until the Devaronian cleared his throat, "You mean with this?" The alien held up a miniature chip; Lasso watched as Two Thumbs' eyes went wide, the man looking to his wrist, then back up to the alien, "A tracking device. Problem is, its a one burst transmitter. It has extremely long range, able to burst a transmission several star systems away. Ideal for an invasion force who lands several units ahead of the first landing force to scout out enemy positions. And ideal for deep undercover spies. Problem is, its long range comes at two costs. First, it can't operate in hyperspace, its too small to fit in the necessary equipment for such a task. And second, it uses all its available power down to an emergency reserve for each burst transmission. It takes the device roughly an hour to recharge to full charge. Which leads me to believe you last used it as Bespin. Now, its been more then an hour for sure, several hours in fact. But, when the good Chief locked you up the first time, I noticed your watch. A bit too military for a Rim slicer like yourself---you would want something more customized to your needs. And, when we got you down the first time, I did a good old swipe of your wrist. You didn't even feel it, did you?"

"You fool!" Two Thumbs suddenly spit out, "The briefcase is---"

"Rigged with one too?" Ler said from the cockpit, walking forward with a device in his hand, "More like a tracking device this one. Same one any military type wants to secure any liable prize with," Ler tapped his head with his free hand, "Taller equipped me with a prototype module in my head we stole from an Imperial research post some years ago. It picks up any communications, out going or in coming, with-in a 30 meter range, alerting me to such devices. Small fail safe device, in case I'm ever working around a captured starfighter or shuttle that is rigged. Oddly enough, my module started going off. Figuring it was you or the briefcase, I created a miniature communications jamming network by rewiring the shuttle's communications array."

"You did?" Lasso asked, as surprised as everyone he was sure.

"I'm a mechanic and a droid, Captain," Ler reminded the young Corellian nicely, "And never had a memory wipe. I can run circles around organics when it comes to equipment and machinery. When you and Taab were busy asking Two Thumbs questions, I was busy with both the briefcase and the cockpit controls. Why do you think it took me so long? Releasing the book only took me two minutes."

"Oh," Lasso replied.

"So what the droid is saying," Zhoul Al'Kesh said with a sudden grin, "Is your Sithed."

"Wait!" Two Thumbs suddenly pleaded, "I'll tell you anything, anything at all!"

"Tell us what?" Lasso asked coldly, "That you were caught inside ISB Headquarters and the ISB made a deal with you to bring their most valuable prize outside of their walls, for the simple fact to eliminate corruption at such a high position within the Empire? For if this Imperial Lord was half his title, he'd know where and how to spot a copy briefcase and probably had his own men watching the entire time to make sure it was the real briefcase you had. Only the ISB would have to be quiet about eliminating a target such as this, as to not worry other elite New Order members within the Imperial Court and beyond. Release the briefcase, track it, and let the target come to you. Risky game to play for sure, for failure means losing everything your sworn to protect. Does all of that sound about right?"

Two Thumbs gulped, "Please? They forced me---"

"Not with my crew," Lasso replied, "You had plenty of time to warn us. You chose your side."

Two Thumbs spoke no more as a second blaster bolt from Lasso's S-5 put an end to Two Thumbs. Lasso stood them for a long moment before holstering his blaster back and released a breath. He turned to Taab, "Next time, we'll just space 'em. I don't like killing like this. Battle is one thing, but this," Lasso shook his head, "The Mercs look to me for guidance and protection. You threaten my crew, I have to respond justly," Lasso looked at Two Thumbs' body for another moment before turning back to Taab, "Search the body and clothes. Everything. I don't want any other hidden tracking devices on his clothes inside his body; do a through bio scan to make sure he's clean. I want everything on him, I want it analyzed and reanalyzed. I want to know everything about him, down to when he lost his first baby tooth. Then, dump the body. There's a ship junkyard just outside of Port Haven. Probably a good place for a body," Lasso went to walk towards the ramp when he stopped and turned around and said, "Thank you Taab. And sorry for not listening. I owe you one. And you Zhoul and Ler. Taab and Zhoul, finish with Two Thumbs here. Ler, secure the ship and make sure she's ready on a moment's notice; stay here to guard her. And make sure the credits are well hidden. Mr. Biggs and Major Totter...you don't look so drunk."

"Cheers?" Totter said with a pale hung over look.

"With me," Lasso finished, "We'll head in town, meet up with our new starfighter pilots, and get supplies. And Ler, when we get back, I want details on that briefcase. The real details."

"Oh don't worry Captain," Ler said, "I have plenty already."

"Good."

As the ramp lowered, Lasso walked out with Mr. Biggs and Totter following in step. Lasso reminded himself privately that he had to listen more to Taab's advice in the future. The man hadn't got this far without his fair of mistakes and learning from them.

TAG @Bardan_Jusik, @GenOochy, @KraytDragon90

OOG: I disposed of Two Thumbs' storyline. I ran into a scheduling conflict with the second game's storyline that I didn't account for. Probably better for it, since if I kept the NPC around, it would of felt weird with him attempting to kill Lasso and my character suddenly being all nice to his would-be killer. We live and learn as GMs I guess. [face_dunno] Sigh. I hate when I make mistakes like that, it makes me feel like I don't know what I'm doing. Yea, I know Intervention has been around for almost 4 years, but the last year and a half, I think I've reached a whole new level of sucky GM status. Okay self, finish this game and a fresh start for game 2 is around the corner. Sorry, prep talking myself. :p
    Sith-I-5 likes this.
  18. kommando104 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Hutt's Scutte, Skip One, Smuggler's Run

Cain was taken aback for a moment. How can she be a clone wars vet? She cannot be older than 35....the only way that is possible is if...Jedi maybe? But no, she couldn't be. Well, I won't press the matter...for now. What am I getting myself into? Cain smiled, "I already signed it away Miss Sherland, if you take a look at the bottom of the flimsy there," he indicated with his index finger.

Cain had the sudden realization that he might actually see ground combat. He made the mental note to go stock up on some essentials before he left Skip One. He was about to mentally run through the list of what he wanted but stopped himself realizing he was still in conversation.

"So now what? Do I get some cryptic rally point, or do we all move out together and I slave my hyperdrive to yours?" Cain was aware Book was still in play, though he hoped the Mercs would turn him down. Cain didn't hold many people in high regard, but Book was a certain low he didn't feel the Mercs would sink to.

Tag: @JediFalcon, @Bravo, @Coffee_Ninja, @Mitth_Fisto
  19. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    IC: Fress Colias alias Kasha Sherland
    Hutts Scuttle

"I already signed it away Miss Sherland, if you take a look at the bottom of the flimsy there," he indicated with his index finger.

"So now what? Do I get some cryptic rally point, or do we all move out together and I slave my hyperdrive to yours?"

Fress smiled at the questions. The plan was to allow them to relax before leaving in a few hours. Then tell them the destination. “You’ll be told the destination shortly,” she handed him her information card. “Here’s my information and the place and time where we are meeting before lift off. Relax until then. Or you can stick close to us if you want. The choice is up to you.”

@Bravo, @Coffee_Ninja, @Mitth_Fisto, @kommando104
    Last edited by JediFalcon, May 16, 2013
  20. Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master

star 1
    IC: Kasumi
    Hutts Scuttle

“Keep an eye on him. I sense something from him but I can’t quite place the feelings. Almost like mixed emotions," she whispered for Kasumi's ears alone.

Kasumi heard what was being asked of her, and nodded to Fress. This place had taken her even more out of her element than joining the Mercs. There was so much mixed emotion here, so much trechery waiting to be unleashed at any moment. She could only hope that those people who wanted to unleash their trechery were on their side when the did. Fress had a price in her head, and Kasumi knew that either she or Fress would be a prize for the people who would figured out who they were. Well, with that thought aside, she would much rather make sure that Fress stayed alive as she had a child to return to. That thought and the hope it brought helped Kasumi's nerves stay calm. She watched all those around her, and caught the strange look from Book. For now Kasumi would stay silent and listen to the Force and get an idea of what is going on around them. She may not have fit in entirely here, but here was a place of secrets...and she had a few of her own.

Tag: @JediFalcon and @Bravo et al
  21. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6

None of them answered him...rather they seemed to stare him down. Rav sighed inside. One of those days with one of those recruiters. Seeing a open lane to the back booth, Rav Cater made his way between Jedi Girl and Silent Boy and found himself sitting down next to Cain and across from Squadron Leader. Rav liked his nicknames he'd given each one so far and thought he would keep them.

"Sal Book, ma'am. My new friend Cain here and I are looking for jobs," Rav saw the flimsy with Cain's signature, "In more need of recruits? I'm more of a crewer myself, able to do anything from deck hand to average joe-smoe crewer to maintenance and even starfighter and shuttle repair. A good shot when needed, I can handle my own with a blaster if your looking for a hired blaster. I can also pilot when needed, but like I said, crewer and hired blaster are my specialties. If you don't mind sub-standard food, I can cook when needed as well."

TAG @Coffee_Ninja, @Mitth_Fisto, @JediFalcon, @kommando104
  22. kommando104 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Hutt's Scuttle, Skip One, Smuggler's Run

Cain was about to respond to Sherland when Sal came over and interrupted. Cain was wary. This man seemed far too eager, of course those desperate for work generally were. I better stick around here until this situation is resolved in case this Book character decides to do something stupid and gets me and my name in trouble because of it. Sith it, I'm going to send a clear message this buffoon is not my friend.

Cain noticeably dropped his hand down to his DL-44, but because of the positioning of the table, Sherland could not see the hand, though she might have noticed the sudden movement from his arm. He knew Book could see it though, and he hoped that Book did see it. He didn't draw, and really had no intention to do so. He was after intimidation. Cain did an exaggerated head turn he thought was sure to get Book's attention and stared him down with a stare that could could freeze volcanoes.

"You are using that word friend rather liberally, Book. Let us get one thing clear for the record right here and right now. We are not friends, and I had no idea who you were twenty minutes ago. I will not and cannot vouch for you." Cain's voice was mostly calm, but with a deliberate undercurrent that implied threat.

Tag: @Bravo, @Coffee_Ninja, @Mitth_Fisto, @JediFalcon
    Last edited by kommando104, May 16, 2013
  23. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Dom
    Prime Idiot, Skip One, Smuggler's Run

Dom took a long drag from his cigar, his tail wrapping around his chair at the relaxation that the cigar provided. The Mandalorian armored man had struck his fancy when he had entered; paired with a Chiss no less, Dom smiled through the rapidly disappearing cigar smoke in front of his face. It was rare to find a Mandalorian---if that who it really was under that armor; sadly now-a-days, cheap knock-offs of the real Mandalorian armor were everywhere in the galaxy---and even rarer to find a Chiss. While the Mandalorian grabbed his attention enough, the Chiss was the apple of his eye.

As the Mandalorian and Chiss came closer to his non-privatized booth (no visual or audible privacy screens up), Dom piped up as he nudged a chair out in front of them to slow their progression, but not to look like a threat, "Its rare to see Mandalorian armor these days," Dom looked the man up and down carefully, "And your armor passes the test up close. And you," Dom looked over at the Chiss, "A Chiss out here? Now that IS rare. If you don't mind, have a seat. It looks like you two are looking to sell----or should I say recruit---and I'm interested to hear your story."

Being a Ryn, Dam had a way to notice things post others didn't...

TAG @Mitth_Fisto, @Bardan_Jusik
  24. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6

"You are using that word friend rather liberally, Book. Let us get one thing clear for the record right here and right now. We are not friends, and I had no idea who you were twenty minutes ago. I will not and cannot vouch for you." Cain's voice was mostly calm, but with a deliberate undercurrent that implied threat.

Rav put two thumbs to his chest, "Me!!!??? Cain, yes, you didn't know me twenty minutes ago but," Rav reached out and plucked a drink from a passing waitress' tray without the organic even knowing and took a long sip of the drink before putting it down in front of him, "But now, we've been friends for twenty minutes! Show a fellow spacer---fellow scum---some friendship in a rather cold and forbidding black void we call adventure and fame. For you never know, one day, our friendship might just save you from a early grave. So, friend, get your hand off your blaster. We're both here for a job, a chance to survive on the Rim, and a chance for redemption...some more so then others on the latter. So lighten up, will ya?" Rav turned and looked at Squadron Leader with a smile, "As you were saying about recruiting?"

TAG @Coffee_Ninja, @JediFalcon, @Mitth_Fisto, @kommando104
  25. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Hutts Scuttle, Skip One Smugglers Run

Before Cain had a chance to answer, the man named Book walked up to her and interupted part of the interview process. A part of her didn’t trust him. Dark intentions screamed at her through the Force with hope… Which only confused her more, she wasn’t sure she could trust having someone with such mixed emotions in the squadron. She had to think about the safety of the others in the squadron. And it was her final decision, considering they didn’t bring up much on him during the background check only raised a red flag. Either he was someone just starting fresh from a bad streak of luck in real life or the name really was a carefully constructed alias.

“Sal Book, ma'am. My new friend Cain here and I are looking for jobs," Rav saw the flimsy with Cain's signature, "In more need of recruits? I'm more of a crewer myself, able to do anything from deck hand to average joe-smoe crewer to maintenance and even starfighter and shuttle repair. A good shot when needed, I can handle my own with a blaster if your looking for a hired blaster. I can also pilot when needed, but like I said, crewer and hired blaster are my specialties. If you don't mind sub-standard food, I can cook when needed as well."

"You are using that word friend rather liberally, Book. Let us get one thing clear for the record right here and right now. We are not friends, and I had no idea who you were twenty minutes ago. I will not and cannot vouch for you."

Rav put two thumbs to his chest, "Me!!!??? Cain, yes, you didn't know me twenty minutes ago but," Rav reached out and plucked a drink from a passing waitress' tray without the organic even knowing and took a long sip of the drink before putting it down in front of him, "But now, we've been friends for twenty minutes! Show a fellow spacer---fellow scum---some friendship in a rather cold and forbidding black void we call adventure and fame. For you never know, one day, our friendship might just save you from a early grave. So, friend, get your hand off your blaster. We're both here for a job, a chance to survive on the Rim, and a chance for redemption...some more so then others on the latter. So lighten up, will ya?" Rav turned and looked at Squadron Leader with a smile, "As you were saying about recruiting?"

“That’s enough both of you,” Fress ground between her teeth. When she listened to what Rav had to say, made her not want him in the squadron. She knew they could use more crew on the Johnny Boy.“Cain, please wait over there and if both of you continue to fight, one or both of you will not be leaving this bar under your own power,” she glared at both to make sure they understood that she was in charge and fighting was not permitted on the Johnny Boy. “There is a no fight policy aboard the ship. All weapons are surrendered into security from the time you land to the time you leave for missions. Do I make myself clear?”

Fress wanted Cain to leave because she had a few questions for Mr. Book and she did not want Cain to over hear her.

@Coffee_Ninja, @Mitth_Fisto, @kommando104 , @Bravo
    Last edited by JediFalcon, May 16, 2013
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.