main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Star Wars is being taken over by Disney!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Oct 30, 2012.

1. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
  2. tokyomaestro

tokyomaestro Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2003
    I'd rather have Disney have it, then nothing happen with the franchise.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm on the fence about it right now.

4. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I'm very happy that the "maker" is passing on the batton to other film makers. Plus Disney has been a partner with Lucasfilm for a very long time. So I think the franchise is in very good hands. Look what Disney has done with their other companys they have bought, Pixar, Marvel, etc. Good stuff.

Looking forward to EP VII, EP VIII, & EP IX. Plus all the other stuff. Hope they get the live action tv show going.

-Eric

5. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    To be fair, Lucasfilm is still controlled by Kathy Kennedy ( or there abouts not sure on the name exactly, but the point is...) who was appointed by Lucas so I think it will still be similar to the Star Wars we all know and love the only difference is that now a love scene shouldn't be so stoic, continuity errors shouldn't plague the story, and Disney is not afraid to spend money on a sure thing. That and like Jawa said... Look at Marvel, even hardcore fans are happy. I for one am super excited to see where it goes from here, already they are saying that nothing done in the EU resembles where the story goes from here.

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    As long as Disney lets LucasFilm do its thing, I'm fine with it.

7. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    So rumor has it that Matthew Vaughn (X-men First Class) is in talks to direct the new trilogy.

8. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Do you think that there is any hope that Disney will allow release of the origin "unmodified" trilogy onto DVD or Blue Ray"

9. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003