main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Star Wars is Everywhere!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jundland_Jay, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Hmn, hard to say. Seriously, do you think they'd go for something that obscure. Besides, don't they have to plan EDT's for the optimal launch environment, not the cleverest?

Still, great link! Thanks for posting it.

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    My new favorite coffee cup is the one that says "Star Wars is Forever" along the inside rim. It makes me happy to see that every morning!

3. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I get to wakeup to many Star Warsie things. One of my favorites is my Yoda 8ball.

My SMS ringtone is the Star Tours alert (bing bing bong bing bong "star tours now boarding for a flight on the endor express, all passengers please stand by to board.") LOVE IT!

4. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    JB, Where can I get that coffee cup?

Did all you House Fans notice the conversation at the beginning of the season premier episode?

5. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I don't watch House but I hear it's fantastic.

But JB recently saw my little dashboard Yoda and was impressed.

6. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I'm out in Palm Desert at a national PBS conference and there's a woman here from the Midwest with the last name "Padawan." It's her actual born last name!

7. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow! Cool last name! Have fun, JN!

8. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I think any SW fan would laugh when saying that name... AND you know she now is called by her last name! "Hey Padawan, come here!" LOL! It's like being an instant Jedi Master.

9. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    SR that is a great story, I really liked her last name.
    Star Wars is no on this Address Marker on the Curb in front of my house.

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Did anyone notice that the House episode a couple of weeks ago started with a Star Wars reference?

Also Tyra Banks did a show "Geek Chic." She mentioned NY Jedi & Princess Leia during the episode.

11. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I must admit that after much pondering and postulation, I have to disagree with the title of this thread. I feel uniquely qualified to do so, as I was the author of it.

So, I present to you that Star Wars, is indeed, not everywhere. It wasn't in my underwear the last time I checked...

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Are you sure?

Maybe you should check again.

Should we name the next one "Star Wars is in so many places it might as well be everywhere"?

13. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    If I remember correctly, I was pretty miffed when you started this thread since it was the same thing as the one I'd started (which was still going at the time), "Who said 'Star Wars'?!"
    :p

14. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I remember that too! What's weird is I thought this WAS that thread, and I was surprised at Jay's post above. Somehow, I thought this was ES's thread. Dang, it's hard being old. The memory is the first thing to go, eh?

Oh, and Jay -- you must need those SW underoos! :D

15. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    ES,
    I've already told you this a million times, but I'll tell you again anyhow:

"I said Star Wars!"

P.S. Please move back here so we can have this discussion in person!

16. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Dude, drink some prune juice

17. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    I was so excited to receive dELiA*s latest magazine in the mail yesterday. As I was flipping through the pages looking at Fall?s latest fashion lo and behold I found a pretty Princess Leia tee for sale. Now how cool is that?

18. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Last night at the 2007 Scream Awards Harrison Ford was bestowed the first ever Hero Award, given to a true superstar for his roles as Han Solo and Indiana Jones. Also, Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes Peter Petrelli) presented an award for Best Foxy and mentioned that his favorite foxy girl growing up was Princess Leia in her metal bikini. Go figure! The show was aired on Spike TV.

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    So, did anyone notice this week on 'Chuck' when Morgan said, "Help me Chuck Barkowski! You're my only hope."?

20. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Chuck???

Does anyone even watch that show?

21. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Gasp! Not only a Starbuck hater but a Chuck hater, too!!!!! (Seriously, if you check the Couch Potato thread, though, I think you'll find more than one of us has taken at least a temporary liking to this show. But, honestly, I doubt it's going to make a second season.)

22. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    I'm not a Starbuck hater! Dirk Benedict did a wonderful job with that role.

23. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Does anyone remember that movie called Star Wars?

Anyway, I was watching HGTV the other night, the show was Colorsplash with David Bromsted. He had to design a Star Wars themed room for a child with a disability. It was really cool. The room looked kind of Death Star-ish with a window with a mural of Coruscant and Mustafar. He built the child's bed to look like a landspeeder. Lucasfilm donated a bunch of Star Wars stuff to decorate the room, including an FX saber, Darth Vader helmet, and C-3PO and R2-D2 lifesize wall stickers. The kid was really excited and started talking about Episode III.

Today I saw a Scion XB with a big Rebel insignia on it.

24. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    There was a section in Glamour magazine that made an SW reference I did not agree with.
    It's a section called Hey, it's OK... then it lists a bunch of things like It's ok "to forget to put on underwear " Silly stuff like that. Here's the one I didn't like:

Hey it's ok...
    not to fake interest in Star Wars, foosball or the origin of beer, no matter how cute you think he is.

Who doesn't enjoy Star Wars? Now foosball is boring...and MAYBE the origin of beer, although that's pretty interesting. But SW? For shame Glamour magazine...

25. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    NCIS: I think it was Tony that called somebody Obi-Wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.