LA, CA Star Wars is Still Everywhere

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Varekeii, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just bought a CD from someone who's Paypal pseudonym is krispykenobi.
  2. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    And I think the hype of it is going get even crazier when the life action episodes start
  3. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd love to read stuff about other LAFF members coming across Star Wars references in their lives, TV,overhearing a conversation in a store or restaurant, a cool Star Wars type bumper sticker or T Shirt you saw in a non Comi-con type place, like the supermarket).

For instance, I as watching Lost Tuesday. Two of the characters, Hurley and Sawyer, were talking about Sayid, a friend of theirs, having gone "to the dark side." Hurley says, "People can come back from the dark side." Sawyer looks at him cynically and asks, "Yeah? Who?" Hurley answers, "Anakin." And Sawyer replies, "Yeah, but that was Anakin."

Like that.
  4. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I have a story few months back I took my family to eat pizza and this little kid was getting a lolypop and I said "hey did you get one for commander Cody" he had a little figure of him.
    And he looked at me with this big suprise look on his face that made happy.
  5. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
  6. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    ya the little boy was shy and his dad was telling him "you see he likes star wars to" lol that was a good moment
  7. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    Last week on Smallville one of the villains referred to the other villain's hi tech memory extraction machine as a Jedi trick.
  8. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    oh pop culture when will they learn lol
  9. GFORCE13 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well it is even at my Eye Dr's Office where I heard another Patient mention Master Yoda from that Space Movie, of course being it is May 4th this could not pass, so I called out Star Wars and was thanked for my knowledge!!!:-B
  10. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know everyone probably knows this already, but this week Family Guy is airing Something, Something Darkside.
  11. GFORCE13 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Actually have owned it for some time, Thx V. Oh just discovered a new show the Guild which not only had SW Reference's but Sabu's Mother had Force Lightning projecting from her finger tips.[face_laugh]
  12. GFORCE13 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Just saw my first episode of Primevil and watched a young lad try fend of the Dinosar crashing through his bedroom window with a Lightsaber and it worked!!!1[face_laugh]
  13. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    now that's why I need a lightsaber just in case a dinosaur try's to eat me
  14. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    I recommend Ultrasabers. They have a website.
  15. GFORCE13 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Ultra is good but there just is no greater satisfaction than being a true Jedi and building your own design!!!:-B [face_dancing] A good site for any that are interested is the Custom Saber Shop
  16. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    And one of the answers on Wheel of Fortune last night? "Jedi Master."
    (No, I don't watch Wheel of Fortune, I was switching between two other shows.)
  17. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    i don't watch wheel of fortune I don't even remember seeing one episode but I like it.
  18. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    Harrumph! Well, I don't watch Wheel of Fortune either. I was switching between a News Program and Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman. So there.:p

Speaking of News Programs, "a galaxy far, far away" was mentioned in last night's news. I forget what context.
  19. GFORCE13 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well don't watch wheel of Fortune but used to enjoy playing it on my Sega; Game Gear which I still have!!!! Hmmm may break this out just for the fun, especially enjoy the Virtual 1" Tall Vana!!![face_laugh]
  20. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    the game was very much full of fun lol the virtual boy system was pretty cool but I would never have spent my money on that lol
  21. GFORCE13 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    actually did pretty well since the Game Gear was a Bday gift and never paid more the $15.00 per title, plus at the end I even got a second GGear for $20.00 when TrU was clearing them out.
  22. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    I got this link from another Star Wars Message Board:

http://gothamist.com/2010/07/22/darth_vader_robs_bank_photos_oh_yes.php
  23. GFORCE13 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Once again huge Yoda mention on Warehouse 13, also for you BSG Fans Claudia had the coolest Classic " By your Command Ringer" I am so making one for my Phone.[face_thinking]
  24. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, I believe the 'quote' was when Pete said, "There is no try. Do or do not do."
  25. GFORCE13 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    So it was, also really enjoyed the Makeshift Lightsaber made out of a LASER wielded against the Robotic Spiders on Wharehouse 13!!![face_laugh]