main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Star Wars is Still Everywhere

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Varekeii, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    And then, when Claudia told Fargo she liked him but liked Todd better, Fargo said, "This is why Jedi go to the dark side."

Looks like Warehouse 13 is going to be like Family Guy or Mythbusters with very frequent SW references. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

2. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    Last night on Burn Notice Bruce Campbell said, "You know, I thought the weird feeling in the air was just the calm before the storm. No, it's a disturbance in the force."

3. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    Sorry for the double post. But, last night Tosh.0 did a web redemption for the Tron Guy. Daniel mentioned he thought people would be more famous on the internet for a whole lot of bleeped out words than swinging a lightsaber, then he met Tron Guy wearing storm trooper armor. When Tron Guy was ready for his web redemption Daniel said, "May the force be with you."

By the way, those of you who have a sick sense of humor like me, Tosh.0 on Comedy Central. I LOL almost every time I watch it.

4. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Well my new Favorite is from Warehouse 13, " Dude you look like Bantha Poodu"!!!

5. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    Uncharacteristially, I've been watching the new Hawaii 50. I started because the cast included people from Battlestar Galactica, Moonlight and Lost. I digress.
    Anyway, last night one of the detectives got a call on his cell phone and the Ringtone was the Imperial March. His partner asked if it was his ex-wife and he said, "No, it's her miserable lawyer." He answered the phone, "Yes, Lord Vader?"

6. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    This week's MENTALIST featured a pet iguana named Chewie.

7. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    http://kroq.radio.com/2011/04/25/l-a-kings-travel-to-san-jose-and-win-goalie-jonathan-quick-is-a-magician/

8. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Saw another great Episode of Quantumn Leap thx to my Roku which had a couple of tied in SW References, unfortunately the only link I could find I can't get any picture, audio only.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px7cn6onloI

9. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    Last night on Chuck there were Star Wars references galore. There are actually a lot of them on that show. But, last night made me think of SJ & Bowen. The scene takes place in South America. Sarah & Chuck are dressed as guards while Casey pretends to be their prisoner to break into the villain's lair. Chuck says to Casey, "OK, Chewie." Sarah looks at them and asks Chuck, "Why did you call him Chili? He didn't eat any chili."

Chuck also used the Imperial March to inspire Logan to play the part of an important bad guy. Casey criticized Chuck for getting his battle plan from Star Wars. Only gorgeous, intelligent Sarah was Star Wars ignorant.

Thought Bowen & SJ would get a kick out of that.

10. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    Does anyone else watch the Colbert Report or the Daily Show with John Stewart? They are always making Star Wars and other 'Geek' references. Plus, they are both very funny.

11. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Yess on the Dead Zone too, S4.0 EP10, Johnny Smith is talking about Vader and the Empire!!!:cool:

12. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    OK, this one made me think of SJ and Bowen:

I was driving on the 405 this weekend and in the next lane there was a car with a Yoda bumper sticker. As I passed the car I noticed there was a very pretty young lady, probably in her twenties, driving.

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Haha, that's awesome. My girlfriend thinks I'm a dork for liking Star Wars, but she thinks I'm "obsessed" with it, simply because I have some collectibles. I barely spend any time per week on Star Wars, so that's really not accurate, haha, but I think she just likes to tease. Although, she didn't make fun of my Yoda credit card, she thought it was funny / cute, apparently. I tried to ditch that thing actually, and just get a regular MasterCard, but I am stuck with it. Because it's a special credit card issue through Lucasfilm, I can't simply change it out, I'd have to cancel the card and get a new one, and since this is my oldest card (2003), that would hurt my credit. The only option would be just getting a new card that would inevitably have a lower limit and then using it more. Ah well, I do have a number of other cards so it's not a big deal I just think it's a terrible first date card ;)

Imagine you end the date with, "Mmm, pay Yoda will," then you point at the girl's plate, "How you get so big eating food of this kind?" Yeah... no. ;)

14. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    I'd love to have a Yoda credit card.
    I think people who don't or have never collected action figures (as adults) think it's weird...like grown-ups playing with children's dolls. I have some Star Wars and other stuff like that. But, I can understand why they would see it that way. It's like, "What are you going to do with that kid's toy? What a waste of money!" Men/women/Sci Fi fans or not it's hard to understand until you've been into it.

15. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Bowen well I still have my Currently B of A used to be MBNA Vader CC and I frequently make the comment " Imperial Credits are Good Here" while waving hand. Oh Top Gear had a Rebel Scum reference on Tonights Episode1!

16. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-double-sun-20110916,0,7303143.story?track=icymi

17. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    And one more:

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-carrie-fisher-weight-loss-bikini-jenny-craig-20110824,0,3316345.story?obref=obnetwork

18. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Even Ernest made a May the Force be With You Comment while trying to Activate Santa's Slay, when he was trying to Save Christmas!!! KnowwhatIMean????
    [face_laugh]

19. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I know I'm not the only fan of the SyFy series Sanctuary. But how many Star Wars references do they make on that show?!

The episode in the arctic on 11/18 had Henry telling his party he had, "dibbs on the first Ton Ton." Later Will talked about Magnus piloting skills saying, "Magnus took her flying lessons from Yoda. The dials were spinning around; she had her eyes closed; she had this whole force thing going on." Later Henry tells Magnus that someone, "pulled a Jedi mind trick on us, Doc."

On the 11/29 episode Henry starts to tell Magnus about a dream he had where his fiance was "dressed like Princess Leia and I was doing this thing with my light saber."