main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Star Wars: Jedi Academy Sessions

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by LBJ, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Seventeen kills at the end of that FFA map, compared with, hmm, let me see, I think the nearest count was, what, 11 or so? :D :D :D

2. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    We'll see how well you do this week sainty.....now your begginers luck has expired! [face_devil]

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I might still have my JA discs somewhere ... hmmm ...

4. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I'll put the server up about 8.15 if anyone wants to check their connections or play. I'll be there around quarter to 9..

Burnt my hand at work today though, so there, I got my excuse in early :p

5. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    p00na?

6. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Absolutely.. anyone get a screeny? I have to figure out what the command is..

7. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    no screenies from me I'm sorry to say...have to find out what the command is as well.

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Had some internet problems last night so I could not even get online for some reason, maybe i'll get a chance to practise before you all destroy me this way

9. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Couldn't find the disk, so I'll have to try and find a copy of the game somewhere, GameTraders is probably the best. I do have JO though :p

10. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Was searching through my stuff (for something else), found JO if that wants to be played..

Or when's the next session of JA?

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    It's still Wednesday, 9 pm?

12. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I still have my copy of Jedi Outcast as well if anyone wants to try that one of these weeks.

Yup I am good for 9pm Wednesday night this week.

I have 3 levels of Force Unleashed left to go....rather short game?

Levels are good...bosses....are....a leetle annoying. Especially the crazy guy on Raxus Prime.

13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I still have JO as well if desired.

As for Force Unleashed: watch the youtube captures of the cutscenes and save yourself a good $100 :p

14. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Up to you guys what we run, I have the spare Pc to host, depends if that requires some 'fiddling' around to get it working properly like JA...

Otherwise I'll put the JA server up Wednesday at 8, will join in myself at 8.45'ish...

As for TFU, Hated every single boss fight.. Not because they were hard (which they were), it just seemed every single one had only 1 way to win and you had to die 5 kazillion times to figure out what it was... Also dislike how if you block force moves (from the baddies) your force bar goes down, but if you bombard them with lightning etc, their force doesn't budge an inch...

How hard you playing it on LBJ? I can't beat the push challenge in the lessons, done everything but that and the one that's locked below it :( and I can't start a new game to try and get the prologue achievements until I get all that done..

15. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    I don't know if pwnzerkreig has a copy of Outcast, I'll check. Otherwise might have to still do academy this week.

I am playing TFU on the second hardest difficulty (sith lord?), I haven't even tried the lessons yet.

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Well it's an achievement to finish them all, so you better get cracking point-addict! :p

Seriously, haven't turned the 360 on since I finished the game, it was really quite bad... hoping Fable2 will give me some enthusiasm to play again. If it had multi-player, even with cut down force (I mean, you'd have to from the super powers you get) it would still be good, increase the longevity and dare I say it, fun?

Back on topic though, passwords etc will be the same for Wed, probably a little short notice to try for a JO game. Perhaps test a server this weekend and play it next week if everyone's good to go..

X-wing alliance or any of the other x-wing games, did they have multi-player co-op or vs modes? (trying to think of games we could play :D )

17. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    It's an achievement to do all the lessons? Well why didn't you say so! [face_laugh]

Yeah still good for tonight...hopefully pwnzerkreig will play as well.

In terms of other multiplayer games X-Wing Alliance has multiplayer however I believe the X-Wing game with the best multiplayer stuff is X-Wing vs TIE Fighter. Still holds up gameplay wise though graphics are a little dated....I think the most challenging thing would be getting the multiplayer stuff to work through a modern modem/router? Might work fine though I haven't tried it for about 7 years!

But yeah X-Wing vs TIE Figher has a big selection of missions designed for co-op and vs play with anywhere from 2 - 32 players I think. It is definitely the pinnacle of multiplayer x-wing games.

I'll be up for some co-op Fable 2.

18. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Battlefront 2 could be an option if we want to play something different?

I think internode host some servers for that as well.

It's a decent game.....never many players online though but if we get a few among ourselves it would make for a good game.

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I have Battlefront 2 in one form or another; the trick now is getting multiplayer online to work.

20. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I have it on xbox originals? That's a fun game :D

Not sure I could find it in shops these days

21. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    You might be able to find one in second hand places like Game Traders, EB's etc?

Might be worth a shot given the server dramas we have been having?

I know pwnzerkreig also has a copy of battlefront 2.

22. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    They just re-released Battlefront 2 in a classics collection, so that's an option. Unfortunately I can't find JA anywhere, but I'll keep looking. And if anyone's up for Galactic Battlegrounds (yes, Age of Empires 2.5), that's easy to setup.

23. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Not sure if there was some regularity to these things, but no session tonight. Internet issues at home. Hopefully will have it resolved (or threatening to wedge the modem up iiNet's jaxi) by Friday.

[self-edit: removed unnecessary text written in frustration]

24. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Was wondering if we were playing tonight...OK no problem.

Good luck getting the internet stuff working again!

25. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Boya! I finished them last night [face_laugh]

Next up is to get the dark-side ending and then go back and play it again on Sith Master difficulty.

p00na?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.