main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    Ooooh I'm bursting with excitement! I for one, am optimistic. Hopefully we'll get to see some unique, in-depth lightsaber play, more than just a hack-and-slash. I also would like to see blaster use and customization, as well as some options for stealth gameplay. I'll always take more Star Wars games! I love them so much

2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Can we keep the hype to a minimum? I get being excited for a new Star Wars game. Really, I do. But we literally don't know anything. All we know is that it's being made by Respawn, the name, a two sentence synopsis, and a tentative genre. We don't even have screenshots, I.E. we have less substance than we had for Ragtag, which was canceled.

I think it's fine to be hype for things. But the only reason I can see for anyone being excited for this game, right now, is anticipation due to Titanfall II, or the lack of information making everyone imprint their own "perfect game" onto the project.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  3. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I’m Looking forward to this, would be kinda cool if the first level we played as Anakin/Vader carrying out Oder 66 on the Jedi temple. Much like TFU had you play as Vader in the first level. Plus playing as Anakin killing the Jedi in the ROTS game was always my favourite level.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I imagine the first level will be you playing as the Padawan with his/her Master fighting together with the clones against the Separatists, and towards the end of the level Order 66 happens, the clones turn on you, your Master is killed while sacrificing to save you, and you're on the run from this point on.

5. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    I think it's reasonable to assume the player character will be new but, could the master be someone we know?
    Who would you want?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Soon Bayts.

DarthJaceus, Landb, BobaMatt and 8 others like this.
  7. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I’m assuming we’ll see something from this in the coming months. I think it’d be weird to not hear anything more about the game until E3 next year.

8. Senator Wan

Senator Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 13, 2017
    Depa Bilaba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Next celebration I guess

10. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    If Respawn intends to release the game at the end of 2019, would 7-8 months of marketing be enough, especially considering the controversy with Battlefront II? This is why I think it would be a mistake to start promoting the game that late. Then again, I'm no gamer so I don't know what the standard timeline to advertise a video game.

11. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Honestly super excited for this game, but like others say i hope we see order 66 survivors come out have different type have media. But as well as to see them get killed or became a inquisitor. Because Legends really made a lot of jedi survived the Purge and it made the Empire look like they didn't know how to get raid have Jedi.

12. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Depends on the game and studio, sometimes they start teasing even several years before the release of the game, other times, they only have few months of marketing before the release.

But with something as popular as SW, they will perhaps think they don't need to market it as much plus they'll have the hype of Episode IX to help the sales. I'm expecting perhaps a teaser or some screenshots and concept art towards the end of this year, and then full trailer and more detailed info at the Celebration.

13. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    They call that the "Solo" strategy.

14. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Some leaked info on the game, minor potential spoiler beware!

The game takes place 5 years after ROTS, and we may get to see the 9th sister from the MARVEL comics! If the latter is true, then I'm excited!

The main character is supposedly named Cal, and is a male Jedi padawan. Curiously, a Jedi padawan named Cal was one of the characters in the Jedi: Yoda comic, however, he died in the same; the comic took place during the Clone Wars.

The question I have (provided the info is true, which it may not be) is Cal the same character from Legends? If no, then I guess it's a coincidence to have two (somewhat) similar characters by name (Cal) and rank (Jedi padawan) in different continuities. However, if this is the same Cal as the one from the old Dark Horse comic, then couldn't they create an original character instead?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  15. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Man, we're less than a year out from release, and all we have info-wise is a single story leak?

DarthJaceus, JediBatman and Daneira like this.
  16. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Could Cal=Caleb=Kanan?

17. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    That leak seems legit; the same leaker has had a couple of their points about Episode IX corroborated and confirmed by Making Star Wars, so it seems like they aren't just making things up, at least.

DarthJaceus and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This looks very exciting

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    This is going to be another tragic story about the end of a Jedi. If not killed in this game, his clock will still be ticking towards death. Or a falling to the darkside (maybe both).

It's quite sad that they devistated Luke's Academy and haven't brought in old republic yet. Puts a damper on ideas allowing a Jedi hero not named Rey to have a future of not getting murdered/dark side.

Could this game have light and dark side choices? Different endings where a canon ending is later explained?

kalzeth and spicer like this.
  20. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Cal's mentor is a woman named Ceres after the dwarf planetoid in our solar system. I wonder if she is a Order 66 survivor or just another Force-sensitive.

21. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Coincidences happen. Dyrden Vos is not related to Quinlan Voss, Kylo Ren is not related to Kybo Ren, and Supreme Leader Snoke is (probably) not related to Snoke Loroan , briefly mentioned in Lost City of the Jedi. From what I remember of that Yoda comic Cal's only distinguishing feature was that he didn't listen to Yoda and got himself killed, so it would be weird for someone to remember him and base a game around him. In fact, I looked him up on Wookieepedia just now to refresh my memory, and found a whole bunch of other people or places named Cal. So probably just a coincidence.

If they were going to make Kanan the player character, they'd want to use cross promotion to get Rebels fans interested in the game. They wouldn't want to keep it a secret (it would be kind of hard to anyways unless he wore a mask the whole game). So I don't think there'd be any benefit to them giving him a slightly different name like Cal.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    cthugha and kalzeth like this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    the two ST movies have been supported with Battlefront releases and since there seems to be no indication that Battlefront III is happening the fact that this will be out to coincide with episode IX seems really likely.

23. I hope its good i want a good Star Wars game again

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

So it seems acording to jason ward that Barris Offe is coming back into canon. and that she's likley the 2 sister.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  25. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    I'm gonna put a big *citation needed* on that